Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Qylvaran posted:

So I'm having my first trouble with PadListener in ages. I start up the proxy, start up PAD, click through to the monster screen, and it never starts reading my box. I think the last time I tried it (and it worked) was before upgrading to Marshmallow.

I had this problem. Fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling padlistener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Beobeobeo posted:

Thanks again for the advice, folks. I'll start putting that Ra team together. Please don't hate me for not utilizing my Kalis :smith:

I think some folks here might be a little salty because you managed to pull two of the rarest, most sought-after mons in the entire game (Dark Kali and Halloween Kali). That's some pretty amazing luck.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

I think some folks here might be a little salty because you managed to pull two of the rarest, most sought-after mons in the entire game (Dark Kali and Halloween Kali). That's some pretty amazing luck.

So salty I could kill a snail

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just want Ra, drat my 3 light kalis.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I may actually bring out my Horus from storage next time around and see how that works. How do you deal with the supers and floor 9?

The supers should go down to a prong attack from L.Kali, 180k def is like, nothing. Floor nine is just comboing hard. And you'll need a damage enhancer (I used Durga) to kill Zaerog8 in floor 10.

To be honest, Ra should be easier, but whatever rocks your boat.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Qylvaran posted:

In good news, I have Awoken Yomi, and just need a bunch of Tamadra for Amaterasu, Yomi, and Hizanami. Awoken Amaterasu is nice and relaxed for farming. Rei Sirius, Valk, Ganesha, and Secret Angel Invade should make a pretty potent team if I can muster the effort to skill up the last one and there is eventually a way to skill up Ganesha.

Any idea which dungeon is the most efficient for getting Tamadras these days? I need something like 30 of them right now and it's getting really ridiculous, considering just buying Tamadra Village and stoning that.

Also need Dark Jewels. So god drat many.

DaveWoo posted:

I pulled a DKali and I run no Rainbow teams at all which makes me sad. I just throw her onto Bastet or Yomi teams because I want the extra timers sometimes.

My 'farming' Bastet team these days is Bastet/DKali/AYomi/Kaguya/LiuBei/Bastet. Maximum puzzle.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Beobeobeo posted:

Yeah, Ronia was my starter and I just stuck with her since day 1, which made for some really bad, lazy habits.

As for the Awoken Bastet team, I literally got all those during the last Godfest and got the Bastet two days ago from the director's choice machine. Neat.

Really appreciate the info, folks.

Edit: As for the Kalis, I've had a weird run of luck in this game. I got both one after the other when I was, like, rank 100 and didn't have any use for them. I also got that Batman after spending 10 on stones and I got the Asmo-deus when I just started playing with one roll. I'm sure I've used up all of my luck.

I've spent money on the game, but not that much. I was afraid to use my stones for anything besides godfests, as the thread has advised. My only regret is that I've wasted a lot of Tamadras.

Heads up, switching from Ronia to Ra/Bastet is like going from the kiddie pool to the deep end of "get gud". If you're like most people, it will take some time and effort to get comfortable activating those leader skills reliably.

Brade
Apr 30, 2013
I'll join the "raw squad" for not rolling any Kalis. I'm using a max skilled Mastering for my Ra team.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Brade posted:

I'll join the "raw squad" for not rolling any Kalis. I'm using a max skilled Mastering for my Ra team.

I keep forgetting I have a Ra, does Mastering really fill a slot?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Heads up, switching from Ronia to Ra/Bastet is like going from the kiddie pool to the deep end of "get gud". If you're like most people, it will take some time and effort to get comfortable activating those leader skills reliably.

That's why everyone should get aboard the Isis(and I guess DQXQ) and Bastet(possibly Okuni) train. Lkali/Sakuya/UY/Durga for people looking for a bit of a higher learning curve.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kortel posted:

He gives your around 80% chances of a good board and his skill is pretty fast so it's a fair mon to use.

But, since we're getting the FF collab soon in the US we may also get a fat chocobo, who is a ghetto D. Kali..

Brade
Apr 30, 2013

Kortel posted:

It's no Kali, but when you're desperate for a full board orb changer it works.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I've gotten ok with my Durga team, which is comprised of almost all the same dudes as my Ronia team, so I at least have a little bit of experience with paying attention to the board. But, yeah, I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Any idea which dungeon is the most efficient for getting Tamadras these days? I need something like 30 of them right now and it's getting really ridiculous, considering just buying Tamadra Village and stoning that.

Tamadra Retreat (the one with chibidras) is the best, to the point where you do better to feed off baby tamadras instead of evolving them. Tamadra Village comes close but is slightly worse than Retreat. That said Village is also good to run if you need skillups for Rodin or Grodin.

Also remember that Tamadra Village is now part of the same guerrilla dungeon as Tamadra Retreat. You can save the 10m coins if you want to wait a little bit more.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Evil Eagle posted:

I just want Ra, drat my 3 light kalis.

unfortunateson
Jan 29, 2010
I've been ranking up and skill leveling a Ronia/Lu Bu team, cleared up to Starlight Sanctuary (missing Hera and Zeus), and have been working on sub coverage. I finally booted King Baddie to slot Mechahadar.
I'm trying to figure out whether I should focus on +egging and skilling up this Ronia team, or start building out something else. I have a terrible L.Kali build that I've been using in Endless to practice comboing,
but I don't really see the sub coverage. I have some good lead alternatives (Bastet, Shiva, Yomi), but nothing is leveled so I'm not really sure where to start.

Is it time to jump off the Ronia ship?

https://www.padherder.com/user/ZoroasterD/

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

tfw every padherder you click has a neglected Ra.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Thank you which ever one of you is Sharmel_SA for BFing me!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

unfortunateson posted:

I've been ranking up and skill leveling a Ronia/Lu Bu team, cleared up to Starlight Sanctuary (missing Hera and Zeus), and have been working on sub coverage. I finally booted King Baddie to slot Mechahadar.
I'm trying to figure out whether I should focus on +egging and skilling up this Ronia team, or start building out something else. I have a terrible L.Kali build that I've been using in Endless to practice comboing,
but I don't really see the sub coverage. I have some good lead alternatives (Bastet, Shiva, Yomi), but nothing is leveled so I'm not really sure where to start.

Do A. Shiva or Yomi. Your choice since you have great subs for both. Shiva is easier to use, Yomi is more powerful.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Eagle posted:

To be fair every pad herder that I've seen lately had 300+ dollars worth of underdeveloped rolls. Too much rolling, too little actual progress.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Beobeobeo posted:

I've gotten ok with my Durga team, which is comprised of almost all the same dudes as my Ronia team, so I at least have a little bit of experience with paying attention to the board. But, yeah, I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to.

I want to use my Durga team-PADHerder says it has a higher potential damage output than my A.Parvati team, half the RCV but more HP-but no idea really where to use it

(Durga/Satsuki/Pandora/Persephone/DKali/Durga)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Do A. Shiva or Yomi. Your choice since you have great subs for both. Shiva is easier to use, Yomi is more powerful.

Yomi also has the advantage that you've already got two of the best subs (Haku and Pandora) already leveled up and ready to go.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

This is because Ra is a huge pain in the rear end that makes this puzzle game too much like work.

Don't have a Kali? Oh, well, LOL no Ra for you.

Seriously, getting to the end of a descend after having sweated out bad boards and struggling to make matches when you have exactly three orbs of two different colors on opposite ends of the board, even making extra matches and clearing hearts to get better churn only to go, "Welp, there's only one dark on this board. Guess, I'm hosed. GG Gungho". Sucks enormous rear end.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

unfortunateson posted:

You have some pretty rockin Shiva subs, I'd focus on using LuBu/Ronia/Pandora to make AShiva+AKagu/AKagu/RValk/Homura but also work on Set, Echidna, Dino Rider and Ronia/ALeilan for full board change until you can get an Urd.

From there you've got fantastic Sarasvati subs (Hatsume/BValk), decent ABastet and AHorus/AIsis setups, and enough to make AYomi worth making.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 28, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trucutru posted:

To be fair every pad herder that I've seen lately had 300+ dollars worth of underdeveloped rolls. Too much rolling, too little actual progress.

I'll never whale for more than about 10 bucks so I guess I just need to save my stones and wait for an Egyptian 1.0 fest instead of giving everything a courtesy roll. Then hope I get the single god in that pantheon that I am missing.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

DaveWoo posted:

Yomi also has the advantage that you've already got two of the best subs (Haku and Pandora) already leveled up and ready to go.
Thanks for indirectly making me feel bad about not putting more effort into building a Yomi team :( I still need to evolve Yomi, evolve + skill Zaerog, and switch D/D Haku to Awoken + skill her. At least Pandora is hypermax and DIza is already evolved + skilled. Have 9 Badpys saved up too.

Axetrain posted:

Thank you which ever one of you is Sharmel_SA for BFing me!
Vasler's wife, I believe

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Battle Pigeon posted:

I want to use my Durga team-PADHerder says it has a higher potential damage output than my A.Parvati team, half the RCV but more HP-but no idea really where to use it

(Durga/Satsuki/Pandora/Persephone/DKali/Durga)

I don't have Satsuki so I slot D/L Lilith and run Kanetsugu.

Dark Cat Dragon and Mystic Dark Dragon are extra fun since they're no light.

Same with Green Bowl Dragon, that one is Tri-color R/G/D.

I haven't figured out which other dungeons she might be really good for since I've just been throwing Shiva at things for a while now.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

trucutru posted:

https://www.padherder.com/user/Shadowshift/teams/#187750

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jesus Christ, that list just keeps going :stare:

My PADHerder is downright tiny in comparison.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

tfw every time you click on your own padherder there's no ra

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

DaveWoo posted:

Jesus Christ, that list just keeps going :stare:

My PADHerder is downright tiny in comparison.

There's probably more poo poo in my box than is actually listed there. I'm on iOS and am stuck with manual input into padherder.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

:eyepop: Ahahaha amazing

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

trucutru posted:

...I get bored with one team and like to build multiples!
I forget I have a lot of stuff. I got a Ra a long while back but have no idea how to puzzle that hard.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kortel posted:

...I get bored with one team and like to build multiples!
I forget I have a lot of stuff. I got a Ra a long while back but have no idea how to puzzle that hard.

That's fine, just keep it sane. Rolling too hard is a trap, in multiple ways. There is obviously the part everybody thinks about : getting crap rolls. But when you get a good leader you are also then on the (psychological) hook for obtaining the subs, and every freaking card has to be leveled up and pampered. Got a Sakuya? welp, better spend 7m exp leveling saku and her fodder, 8 orbs, 9 tamas, 4 piis, 5 latent tamas, and +297 her dragon rear end. And then you want to get that mini-valk that would be so perfect... and so on.

And new poo poo is introduced constantly to make you repeat the same process again and again. I am a pretty big whale in the US and have spent like $100 in JP and, to be honest, there is not a huge difference in my teams. Sure, I have a way wider selection in the US but there is no way I'm going to be able to level and +egg all that poo poo so, in the end, I have about the same number of viable teams.

JP has desensitized me to this kind of poo poo. Only one Kanna, D.Kali, and Rodin? Where are the shame dragons? weak. (also: no Sakuya, shameful)

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
For me once I rolled a near-perfect set of subs (LKali/DKali/valk/SQ/AIsis) for my Horus it was a sure sign that I would get more from leveling and skilling up than rolling more. Until I max level/skill them I'm only rolling on boosted opportunities for something that could clear something that team theoretically could not - Ra/Yomi/Ama or a triple prong sub for my Bestcatte. Basically those five are the only things worth spending on for me. Kanna and DKali #2 would be awesome but they're too rare to go after in that sense. They'll either happen or they won't.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 28, 2015

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

trucutru posted:

That's fine, just keep it sane. Rolling too hard is a trap, in multiple ways. There is obviously the part everybody thinks about : getting crap rolls. But when you get a good leader you are also then on the (psychological) hook for obtaining the subs, and every freaking card has to be leveled up and pampered. Got a Sakuya? welp, better spend 7m exp leveling saku and her fodder, 8 orbs, 9 tamas, 4 piis, 5 latent tamas, and +297 her dragon rear end. And then you want to get that mini-valk that would be so perfect... and so on.

And new poo poo is introduced constantly to make you repeat the same process again and again. I am a pretty big whale in the US and have spent like $100 in JP and, to be honest, there is not a huge difference in my teams. Sure, I have a way wider selection in the US but there is no way I'm going to be able to level and +egg all that poo poo so, in the end, I have about the same number of viable teams.

JP has desensitized me to this kind of poo poo. Only one Kanna, D.Kali, and Rodin? Where are the shame dragons? weak. (also: no Sakuya, shameful)

Sakuya should be there somewhere. Only 1 of the GFE is not for a lack of trying. T_T Shame dragons are not waifus, so instead I'm sitting capped at max mp waiting for shynpiis to be in the MP store so I can skillup Elia.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UchihaHirou posted:

I'm sitting capped at max mp waiting for shynpiis to be in the MP store so I can skillup Elia.

I sincerely thank you for making this game possible for the rest of us.

Also: Elia is not worth it. That's close to a thousand bucks worth of piis to get an improved Verche. Go buy yourself a star citizen JPEG ship or something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Go buy yourself a star citizen JPEG ship or something.

Can't wait for GungHo to release limited run of super rare cards and after they've been rolled enough times they're removed from the REM.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can't wait for GungHo to release limited run of super rare cards and after they've been rolled enough times they're removed from the REM.

YamaP would literally get murdered* if this happened.

*by GungHo's accounting staff because that's the dumbest possible way to throw away otherwise guaranteed income from the whales

Xenogenesis fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Looking to graduate from Horus, sooooo Ra team advice. Ra/L.Kali/FatChocobo/D.Iza/? Is Muse the only choice for me here since he covers blue and green, and I have no Isis? Or is ditching chocobo the better option? Or should I just start actually using Shiva and learn to make six combos a turn?

• Locked thread