Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MacheteZombie posted:

My girlfriend is convinced the creature in the sand storm is Death since I told her Death was a character in Marvel last week.

Well all the signs saying "Death" and Will saying it was death in that storm probably help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Simmons saves the entire MCU when she helps Thanos get his rocks off with the entity she was trapped on a rock with.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

I'm just going to assume this was sarcasm because the episode was a boring trite slog through screen writing 101 alone but not really on a desert island plot. Oh no you are alone, no wait you aren't alone but now the two of you are alone, no wait no you aren't it's the natives/leopard/boogeyman.

It was a budget stretcher filler episode because day for night shots in a quarry are cheap.

That's peculiar, all the reviews I've seen of it have said it was one of, if not the best, episode of the show yet.

e:Victor Freis is cast in Gotham

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 28, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Well all the signs saying "Death" and Will saying it was death in that storm probably help.

A black robed figure in the middle of the storm is what cemented it for her.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Nice.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alright I want all y'all to remember that this is simply a rumor. We've all been lied to by comic book news sites before, just prefacing.

There's a rumor going around that Marvel is thinking about scrapping the Iron Fist series in favor of a Punisher one.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

zoux posted:

Alright I want all y'all to remember that this is simply a rumor. We've all been lied to by comic book news sites before, just prefacing.

There's a rumor going around that Marvel is thinking about scrapping the Iron Fist series in favor of a Punisher one.

It would be cheaper to produce, the guy is already cast, and they've already seen him on screen, so it makes sense 100%. I honestly didn't think Iron Fist (Or Luke Cage) needed their own Netflix shows to begin with. They should have just had Heroes for Hire together.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

It would be cheaper to produce, the guy is already cast, and they've already seen him on screen, so it makes sense 100%. I honestly didn't think Iron Fist (Or Luke Cage) needed their own Netflix shows to begin with. They should have just had Heroes for Hire together.

Agreed.

(they should do an Ellis-style Moon Knight show instead)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

zoux posted:

This would be disappointing. It would be super rad if they committed to introducing magic in both Dr. Strange and Iron Fist at roughly the same time in the latter half of 2016.

I would think the success of Daredevil and the hype around Jessica Jones would make them more willing to do something riskier, rather than go "woahhhh there let's rein it in and follow up on this success with something more practical".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

This would be disappointing. It would be super rad if they committed to introducing magic in both Dr. Strange and Iron Fist at roughly the same time in the latter half of 2016.

I would think the success of Daredevil and the hype around Jessica Jones would make them more willing to do something riskier, rather than go "woahhhh there let's rein it in and follow up on this success with something more practical".

I've read and heard that they are having problems finding a show runner to head up the show that has a good vision for the character and story.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You just throw Immortal Iron Fist at people and tell them to adapt it.

AMC has that Into the Badlands show coming up, so obviously there are people out there who know how to adapt martial arts with other genres. I'm sure there is not a lack of martial arts filmmakers who would love to get attached to a high profile TV show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

You just throw Immortal Iron Fist at people and tell them to adapt it.

AMC has that Into the Badlands show coming up, so obviously there are people out there who know how to adapt martial arts with other genres. I'm sure there is not a lack of martial arts filmmakers who would love to get attached to a high profile TV show.

OK. Now throw it at them, tell them they have a very small budget and have to shoot it in Brooklyn.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

OK. Now throw it at them, tell them they have a very small budget and have to shoot it in Brooklyn.

Sh...Shadowlands?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

Sh...Shadowlands?

That would be fantastic.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

SirDan3k posted:

Nice try Ivan Ooze but we know it's you.
Ivan Ooze is busy playing Apocalypse, from what I hear.

SirDan3k posted:

alone but not really on a desert island plot. Oh no you are alone, no wait you aren't alone but now the two of you are alone, no wait no you aren't it's
He's talking about AOS, not Arrow for crissakes!

Dexo posted:

I mean it was great. But like There are literally singular movies out there with 5 better fight scenes than that Daredevil one.
The one thing that takes me out of the fight scenes in Daredevil is when he knocks a guy down, and then he has do do some weird tumbling thing and land on the guy. And he's still fighting three other guys. Just stomp on him, dudedevil.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 28, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That episode of SHIELD was great. Fitz/Simmons are really the best actors on the show.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As a Firestorm fan last night's Flash episode was pretty cringe-worthy. It's strange that they gave not-Jason Rusch Ronnie Raymond's personality but I guess they had to do that after giving Ronnie Rusch's personality in the first place. In the end, the whole Firestorm stuff was very meh, and it's a shame the show isn't going crazy with some of Firestorm's more creative powers, instead of just flight and shooting stuff from his hands.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Gray did mention going to see a friend who may be able to teach them the full extent of their powers that he hasn't had time to master with Ronnie.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

We know for a fact that they've delved into transmutation, from the season 1 deleted scenes. There's a scene that was cut from the finale, before Ronnie and Caitlin get married, where Firestorm takes a thermometer and transmutes it into a flower for Caitlin.

Also, the new trailer for next week's episode reveals why Wells is on Earth-1. He created Zoom

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Scyantific posted:

We know for a fact that they've delved into transmutation, from the season 1 deleted scenes. There's a scene that was cut from the finale, before Ronnie and Caitlin get married, where Firestorm takes a thermometer and transmutes it into a flower for Caitlin.

Also, the new trailer for next week's episode reveals why Wells is on Earth-1. He created Zoom

Sadly that is on deleted scenes which a viewer watching the show on TV will not see.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
My guess is that the name dropped transmutation and teased learning new powers for Legends of Tomorrow.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
By the by, the thing about science in The Flash is...well, the original comics starting very quickly getting into the kind of wacky plots that have come to typify the Silver Age. All I really ask from the show is that Barry not invent a new superpower that makes him God, then forget about it next episode and get chumped by a guy with a raygun.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Halloween Jack posted:

All I really ask from the show is that Barry not invent a new superpower that makes him God, then forget about it next episode and get chumped by a guy with a raygun.
Boy have I got some tragic news for you.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

By the by, the thing about science in The Flash is...well, the original comics starting very quickly getting into the kind of wacky plots that have come to typify the Silver Age. All I really ask from the show is that Barry not invent a new superpower that makes him God, then forget about it next episode and get chumped by a guy with a raygun.

Every episode of the Flash features Barry getting hit by a punch thrown by a person without super speed.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I always wonder if fast guys just want to kill themselves because it takes forever for anyone to talk or wait in the dentist office. Unless flash/quicksilver can alter their perception of time? I imagine it being like that SloMo in Dredd 24/7.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

As a Firestorm fan last night's Flash episode was pretty cringe-worthy. It's strange that they gave not-Jason Rusch Ronnie Raymond's personality but I guess they had to do that after giving Ronnie Rusch's personality in the first place. In the end, the whole Firestorm stuff was very meh, and it's a shame the show isn't going crazy with some of Firestorm's more creative powers, instead of just flight and shooting stuff from his hands.

My guess is that, even though apparently they did do some transmutation stuff in some deleted scenes according to other posters, they're trying to avoid running into the common problem people run into regarding Firestorm: that is to say, having new readers/viewers look at the character and go "Wait so his power isn't fire?"

AngryBooch posted:

Every episode of the Flash features Barry getting hit by a punch thrown by a person without super speed.

tbf this is one of the most comic accurate things in the show.

Electromax posted:

I always wonder if fast guys just want to kill themselves because it takes forever for anyone to talk or wait in the dentist office. Unless flash/quicksilver can alter their perception of time? I imagine it being like that SloMo in Dredd 24/7.

The answer is Speed Force™

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Electromax posted:

No you are just a huge dick

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Yeah Quicksilver is an angry guy because he literally can't slow down. The Flash can control the speed of his own thoughts.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Boy have I got some tragic news for you.
drat. I've only seen the pilot, see...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Yeah Quicksilver is an angry guy because he literally can't slow down. The Flash can control the speed of his own thoughts.

Which has been a plot point a few times. There's a... Waid, I think, issue where Wally realises everything in a theatre's standing still because someone just tried to shoot him and he's noticed the bullet on his neck, which set off his Speed Force reflexes. And New 52 Flash has Barry nearly paralysing himself by trying to Midnighter every situation and analyse all the angles in a nanosecond.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I think this from over in The Flash thread could use a repost here.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Was that just a 30 second gag though and he'll never appear on the show again?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hakkesshu posted:

Was that just a 30 second gag though and he'll never appear on the show again?

Probably.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How come he looks about 200 times better than The Flash does on his own show?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't doubt that it was the original intent, but people are going bonkers over it today. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him back.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh and for the record, the voice behind King Shark was none other than David Hayter, more famously known for his work as Naked/Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

I don't doubt that it was the original intent, but people are going bonkers over it today. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him back.

They're gonna need lots of money to do that. There's a reason he looks so good. It's because he barely moves and is on screen in one place for maybe 15 seconds.

EDIT: Here they flat out say they can't do a whole episode with him because it's so expensive. And they also hint at the fact that Squad characters are pretty much off limits.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/28/king-shark/

X-O fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 29, 2015

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, they basically drained their budget on that brief bit on screen.

I'm pretty sure King Shark is supposed to have at least a cameo in Suicide Squad so he'd probably be embargoed anyways like the rest of the Squad characters that got kicked off Arrow. If they're going to have an all-CG character they'll probably save their budget for another Grodd episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dacap posted:

Yeah, they basically drained their budget on that brief bit on screen.

I'm pretty sure King Shark is supposed to have at least a cameo in Suicide Squad so he'd probably be embargoed anyways like the rest of the Squad characters that got kicked off Arrow. If they're going to have an all-CG character they'll probably save their budget for another Grodd episode.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what they hint at in the above article I edited in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Oops, missed your edit.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 29, 2015