Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BonoMan posted:

Trying to formulate the appropriate North Korean response.

Tell them you can't change the method this year since it affects a bunch of teams that already had bye weeks but you're open to changing the rule for next year. Changing how you handle bye week teams mid-season is more unfair than continuing to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Eternal Hobo posted:

2. Steve Smith and Barnidge for AP and Travis Benjamin.

Take this one and run

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
So I just made this trade in a 0ppr yahoo league

Give:
Brady
TY Hilton
Olsen
D. Lewis

Get:
AP
Allen Robinson

Which will make my lineup look as such:
QB: Cam
RB: Freeman, AP
WR: 2 of Robinson/cooper/landry
TE: Eifert
Flx: L. Miller
Bnch: Maclin, Charmander, John Brown, Travis benjamin

I gave up a lot. But I'm thinking if I can turn a mix of my rb's/wr's into AB84 I can be amazing. Too late to ask if I hosed up, but did I gently caress up?

Eduardo Vasquez
Oct 19, 2005

Even the funkiest brothers must buckle down and get a job. Who knew that tomatoes had such a rich market on Earth? Now, I drink wine worth more than your soul.
I'm in the middle of trade negotiations in a 12 man PPR league

I would trade Antonio Brown and T.J. Yeldon for Charcandrick West, Stefon Diggs and Martavis Bryant.

My lineup currently looks like this.

A Rodgers
A. Brown
L. Murray
T. Kelce
D. Martin
D. Adams
Nate Washington
Willie Snead
T. J. Yeldon
Antonio ANdrews
Matt Jones
Tyler Lockett

I'm 2-5 and my flex sucks. Thoughts?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

old dog child posted:

Tell them you can't change the method this year since it affects a bunch of teams that already had bye weeks but you're open to changing the rule for next year. Changing how you handle bye week teams mid-season is more unfair than continuing to do so.

This. And also, the way you're doing it is the fairest way. If you just let bye weeks sit empty, some opponents would get free wins, and others would not, at random. The people randomly getting free wins have an unfair advantage for getting to the playoffs. I'd think any of those people would be opposed vs. the people who are playing the absentee on weeks where his best players are on bye. The fact the whole league is united against you proves at least some of them are idiots.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eternal Hobo posted:

I'm trying to work a deal for Adrian Peterson and the two options were

1. West and Steve Smith for AP
2. Steve Smith and Barnidge for AP and Travis Benjamin.

Who wins either of these deals?

Both of these are really good for you and smart to get out from under Steve Smith, who did this same thing last year. I'd take the second just because it's a good sell high on Barnidge.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Scruffy the janitor posted:

So I just made this trade in a 0ppr yahoo league

Give:
Brady
TY Hilton
Olsen
D. Lewis

Get:
AP
Allen Robinson

Which will make my lineup look as such:
QB: Cam
RB: Freeman, AP
WR: 2 of Robinson/cooper/landry
TE: Eifert
Flx: L. Miller
Bnch: Maclin, Charmander, John Brown, Travis benjamin

I gave up a lot. But I'm thinking if I can turn a mix of my rb's/wr's into AB84 I can be amazing. Too late to ask if I hosed up, but did I gently caress up?

Ehhhh you really undersold Brady and trading all that for a RB is a huge risk, he's already banged up and I really don't trust Min in general. Brady's consistency is a god send in fantasy.

I'd also keep Olsen over Eifert but TEs are always a toss up this year. Really Cam and Macklin are the ones you should've tried to get rid of and be fine with Freeman the points God and Charmander. You had two of the top players. :(

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Eduardo Vasquez posted:

I'm in the middle of trade negotiations in a 12 man PPR league

I would trade Antonio Brown and T.J. Yeldon for Charcandrick West, Stefon Diggs and Martavis Bryant.

My lineup currently looks like this.

A Rodgers
A. Brown
L. Murray
T. Kelce
D. Martin
D. Adams
Nate Washington
Willie Snead
T. J. Yeldon
Antonio ANdrews
Matt Jones
Tyler Lockett

I'm 2-5 and my flex sucks. Thoughts?

I think I would stay where you are for that trade. Roethlisberger should be back soon to improve Brown's value.

Also, looking for some feedback for this trade proposal. I simplified an earlier post, bolding the players I think I would want to trade. I can trade one of:
Doug Martin or TJ Yeldon
for
Demaryious Thomas or Amari Cooper

Does anyone think I am making the wrong choice, and that either Yeldon is more valuable than Martin or that DT is more valuable than Cooper? I would be trading my 4th RB for a new WR3 (we start 3WR and a flex, standard scoring).

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Pain of Mind posted:

I think I would stay where you are for that trade. Roethlisberger should be back soon to improve Brown's value.

Also, looking for some feedback for this trade proposal. I simplified an earlier post, bolding the players I think I would want to trade. I can trade one of:
Doug Martin or TJ Yeldon
for
Demaryious Thomas or Amari Cooper

Does anyone think I am making the wrong choice, and that either Yeldon is more valuable than Martin or that DT is more valuable than Cooper? I would be trading my 4th RB for a new WR3 (we start 3WR and a flex, standard scoring).

I would absolutely trade Yeldon for Cooper, unless that cripples you at RB which it apparently does not. I wouldn't accept if I was the receiver of that trade, but that would be great for you.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
After having too many RBs in the last couple weeks I turned CJ2K into Allen Robinson and Mark Ingram into Odell Beckham. Now I just got an offer of Antonio Brown for my Chris Ivory. I really don't need another WR and it would leave me very thin on my starting RBs bye weeks, but it's loving Antonio Brown.

My current team, no ppr.

WR: Randall Cobb, Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham Jr, Tavon Austin, Marvin Jones, Stevie Johnson (would have to drop one because ESPN won't let me have too many WRs)

RB: Chris Ivory, Le'Veon Bell, Devonta Freeman, Charlie Sims, Duke Johnson.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Take that trade so fast. You already have Freeman and bell.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
In my 10 man standard scoring league my team is

RBs: Ivory, Lamar Miller, Gore, Abdullah, Ahmad Bradshaw, David Cobb
WRs: Julio, Lafell, Tate, Marvin Jones, Stevie Johnson

My friend just offered me Amari Cooper for Gore and I was gonna accept. Any reason I shouldn't take it?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Ivory is an injury risk. AB84 is gonna get Ben back and be a monster again. Mash.

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

Someone wants to bet me that they will lose against me this week. Instead of ending in a 0-0 tie by benching all our players I'm gonna have to get creative and look for negative point players. Who do you think I should pick up?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

yo soy fiesta posted:

Someone wants to bet me that they will lose against me this week. Instead of ending in a 0-0 tie by benching all our players I'm gonna have to get creative and look for negative point players. Who do you think I should pick up?

Any lovely defense playing a good offense.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm looking at Sammy Watkins on the wire in my 10 team .5 ppr league. Should he be owned? Should he be owned by me?

my team:

qb: Carson Palmer
rb: Matt Forte, Todd Gurley, Frank Gore, Antonio Andrews, CJ Spiller
wr: Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Jordan Matthews, Rishard Matthews, Brandon LaFell
te: Jordan Reed, Eric Ebron

I'll probably drop Ebron for him after this week if he's still there but rostering 7 WR's seems kinda dumb too and I kinda like that I can get him right now as a FA worry free.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SeannieDarko posted:

I'm still debating my QB situation for the week with T-Mobile on bye. I had waivers in for Alex Smith and Peyton Manning. Both got sniped. In a half-asleep stupor, I picked up Jay Cutler against Minnesota. Good choice? I'm also rolling with Vikings D/ST so I don't like using Cutler. These are my options:

Mariota @ Houston
Hoyer vs. Tennessee
Fitzmagic @ Oakland (I've got a waiver in for him.)
Winston @ Atlanta
McCown vs. Arizona
Foles vs. San Francisco
Bridgewater @ Chicago
Kaepernick @ St. Louis (lol nope)

Is Fitzmagic my best option? Kinda have to win here since I'm 2-5 and want to squeak into that 6 seed.

Bumping this.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Possible trade in a 12 team 0.5 ppr league with 6 pt tds:

I give: Jarvis Landry & Giovani Bernard
I get: Lamar Miller & Martavis Bryant

I countered with Abdullah I place of Bernard but he seemed lukewarm to that. I have good WR depth but not much RB depth with only Ingram, Bernard and Abdullah (why I'd rather not give up Bernard). I'm leading the league and I'm in win now mode so I don't need to make a deal but I do like Millers upside with the new coaching staff and I think Bryant can be a viable flex option which is all I really need.

Thoughts?

Edit: ^ I'm in the same boat as you QB wise and I'm starting Fitzpatrick against a soft Oakland pass defence, but the Chicago defence is pretty terrible so Teddy might not be a terrible play either

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 29, 2015

ID129
Jul 9, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

Possible trade in a 12 team 0.5 ppr league with 6 pt tds:

I give: Jarvis Landry & Giovani Bernard
I get: Lamar Miller & Martavis Bryant

I countered with Abdullah I place of Bernard but he seemed lukewarm to that. I have good WR depth but not much RB depth with only Ingram, Bernard and Abdullah (why I'd rather not give up Bernard). I'm leading the league and I'm in win now mode so I don't need to make a deal but I do like Millers upside with the new coaching staff and I think Bryant can be a viable flex option which is all I really need.

Thoughts?

Edit: ^ I'm in the same boat as you QB wise and I'm starting Fitzpatrick against a soft Oakland pass defence, but the Chicago defence is pretty terrible so Teddy might not be a terrible play either

I would have accepted that deal right away. Miami's bye week is over and Miller is probably going to outproduce Bernard ROS. Big Ben is back soon as well. IMO you are getting a big upgrade at RB for a minor downgrade at WR.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Would people agree that now is a good time to sell high on John Brown? His schedule gets much tougher for WRs after his bye next week.

I'm thinking of trading him for Yeldon due to his juicy playoff schedule and the rumblings he'll get more goal line work. With Foster out I have Ivory, L Murray, Mathews and that's about it but am set at WR so it'd fill a need.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

The Aguamoose posted:

Would people agree that now is a good time to sell high on John Brown? His schedule gets much tougher for WRs after his bye next week.

I'm thinking of trading him for Yeldon due to his juicy playoff schedule and the rumblings he'll get more goal line work. With Foster out I have Ivory, L Murray, Mathews and that's about it but am set at WR so it'd fill a need.

I'm cool with riding with John Brown. Dude has been a god send for my team. Mr. Reliable. Honestly, he's gotten screwed out of a good 3-4 extra TD's, too. Thanks to pass interferences and bad luck.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

dxt posted:

After having too many RBs in the last couple weeks I turned CJ2K into Allen Robinson and Mark Ingram into Odell Beckham. Now I just got an offer of Antonio Brown for my Chris Ivory. I really don't need another WR and it would leave me very thin on my starting RBs bye weeks, but it's loving Antonio Brown.

My current team, no ppr.

WR: Randall Cobb, Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham Jr, Tavon Austin, Marvin Jones, Stevie Johnson (would have to drop one because ESPN won't let me have too many WRs)

RB: Chris Ivory, Le'Veon Bell, Devonta Freeman, Charlie Sims, Duke Johnson.

Even though it would leave you with only two starting rbs for standard, you would have 3 #1s in ODB, Cobb, and Brown. You could easily turn around and trade Robinson for a rb that's as good as Ivory and be up Brown

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Is Austin Sefarian Jenkins worth picking up at this point? Ive been rolling with Ladarius Green who looks likes hes going to start this week over a still injured Gates.

After this week Im thinking of trading Green for Jordan Reed (owner has expressed interest) and picking up Jenkins as insurance. Is Jenkins realistically a TE1 outside of his week 1 performance?

I just dont believe in Reed staying healthy and Green will be really limited when Gates comes back.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Yep, *Faaaaaaaaaaaart 1-6 is precisely around the time where I start sending trade offers that include kickers.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chill Penguin posted:

Week 9 I've got Graham & Hauschka on bye. Now, I'm in a position where I may be able to wait until Monday night (SD vs CHI) to see if I need to pick up a kicker and TE (Lambo & Bennett are still available.) Ebron is also available right now, so I'm wondering if I should just hedge my bets and drop Graham now for one of them? Nobody in my league seems to want Graham, been trying to trade him all season, and everyone else is pretty set on TEs (it's only an 8-team league.)

Anybody have any input on this? Dropping Graham for Bennett or another FA?

E: or K Wright

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
If everyone is set on TE, then you can wait as long as you need to pick up either one of Bennett or Ebron (Bennett being the preferred choice). As far as ROS goes, you probably want Graham rostered. It sounds like a matter of "which is the greater value, Kendall Wright as a bench WR or Graham as a bench TE/possibly starting TE".

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

89 posted:

I'm cool with riding with John Brown. Dude has been a god send for my team. Mr. Reliable. Honestly, he's gotten screwed out of a good 3-4 extra TD's, too. Thanks to pass interferences and bad luck.

Although apparently he might sit out the next game in order to get 2 weeks of rest in (bye next week) :argh:

Rotoworld posted:

The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers said "there are indications" the Cardinals will hold out John Brown (hamstrings) this week.
"We’re trying to get him well instead of aggravating him," coach Bruce Arians said. Brown has played through the injuries the last two weeks, but the Cardinals have a bye following their game against Cleveland and could take advantage of the opportunity to get him two weeks of rest. Brown's status will be updated following Thursday's practice. Oct 29 - 8:59 AM

Hopefully not since that's not really what I need with half my team on bye.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Suave Fedora posted:

If everyone is set on TE, then you can wait as long as you need to pick up either one of Bennett or Ebron (Bennett being the preferred choice). As far as ROS goes, you probably want Graham rostered. It sounds like a matter of "which is the greater value, Kendall Wright as a bench WR or Graham as a bench TE/possibly starting TE".

Thanks. I'm just worried Bennett will go off this weekend coming off the bye, and that one of these other dudes will snatch him up to handcuff me. Everyone knows I'm fed up with Jimmy, and a few of the guys are pretty savvy like that. And yeah, to answer the question of value: I have no idea haha.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Graham will be up and down but I totally figure him to finish as a good TE. I'd take him over Bennett who historically slows down when it gets cold.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hey remember that Joseph Randle goofy beer pong story?

Randle AWOL after McFadden named starter:
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html

Edit: More knuckleheadery and lovely human being news on Randle:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14000034/joseph-randle-dallas-cowboys-facing-discipline-violating-personal-conduct-policy

Edit: ...and Randle is facing a 1-2 game suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 29, 2015

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I love Brown. In a PPR league, back before week 4, I traded Phillip Rivers and Darren Sproles for Carson Palmer and John Brown. Rivers for Palmer has turned out mostly down but almost even so I'm fine with it, and holy poo poo do I feel like a genius flipping Sproles for Brown.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Cervixalot posted:

Hey remember that Joseph Randle goofy beer pong story?

Randle AWOL after McFadden named starter:
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html

Edit: More knuckleheadery and lovely human being news on Randle:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14000034/joseph-randle-dallas-cowboys-facing-discipline-violating-personal-conduct-policy

Edit: ...and Randle is facing a 1-2 game suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.

Bwha God, is that CMikes music?!?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I drafted randle and McFadden, cut McFadden weeks ago, and carried CMike for a couple of weeks before cutting him on Tuesday. I just want off at this point.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

BigFactory posted:

I drafted randle and McFadden, cut McFadden weeks ago, and carried CMike for a couple of weeks before cutting him on Tuesday. I just want off at this point.

You can check out anytime you'd like but you can never leave.

- Hotel Philadelphia

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Rod Smith is now the starter

jk

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
Should I pick up Jordan Reed in my 2QB 8-teamer?

QB: A. Rodgers, M. Ryan, B. Roethlisberger
RB: D. Freeman, T. Gurley, D. Woodhead, E. Lacy
WR: Julio Jones, B. Marshall, A. Jeffery, A. Robinson
TE: G. Olsen, A. Gates

Even though dropping Lacy is probably fine in an 8-teamer like hell am I carrying 3 TEs. Gates is the guy I would drop, so I guess the real question is do you think Reed is better than Gates for the rest of the season.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So if I let CMike go earlier this week, now is the time to try to scoop him back up again, right?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He looked pretty worthless last game so I wouldn't go out of my way to get him back.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

RCarr posted:

He looked pretty worthless last game so I wouldn't go out of my way to get him back.

Eh, I've got the bench space, and he was an easy pickup. I'm certainly not starting him against the Seahawks, so I'll just wait and see how he does. He might be worth the stash, he might not.

Being first place in the league means getting to make choices like this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Vargo posted:

So if I let CMike go earlier this week, now is the time to try to scoop him back up again, right?

I thought about cutting Randle to grab him but I'm going to let him stay right where he is.

• Locked thread