Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Been playing a neat idle/ city builder game.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WipGames.idle

Idle town.

I wanted to like this but upgrading each building individually and the constant "WATCH AN ADVERT FOR FREE GEMS" popups that stop you interacting with anything till you close the box are frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This is annoying but a minor inconvenience.
Especially since you don't NEED the gems to play.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Walking Dead game coming out just in time for Halloween called The Walking Dead: No Man's Land, a turn-based tactics game based on the TV show universe. It officially comes out this Thursday but the Play Store let me download it anyway so I guess its already (unintentionally) out early in some regions.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Walking Dead game coming out just in time for Halloween called The Walking Dead: No Man's Land, a turn-based tactics game based on the TV show universe. It officially comes out this Thursday but the Play Store let me download it anyway so I guess its already (unintentionally) out early in some regions.

Neat, this looks like at least maybe 20% the game i wanted to play while watching the show lately.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It's a really simplified XCOM with zombies but the game seems pretty cool so far.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

in pretty much every respect, Fallout Shelter is "almost good"

And I can see this, because overall, the amount of polish and brand usage is great. I mean, if there was some sort of actual game here, it'd be awesome.

I just really want to go out to the wasteland, myself, and bring poo poo back for my people. THAT's the game I want to play. Bethesda, I would pay for this!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The worst part is it is built like an idle game.. but you have to leave it run.. so it's slow and boring as hellm

5er
Jun 1, 2000

The last phone game I enjoyed was Kairosoft's 'Dungeon Village', I'd appreciate hearing suggestions of other games like that one, thanks!

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

tater_salad posted:

This is annoying but a minor inconvenience.
Especially since you don't NEED the gems to play.
I've been playing Idle Town for a while and the gems are definitely necessary to make progress long term. The thing is, though, that the game pays out in free gems every time you do a city reset. As far as I can tell this mechanic is integral to playing the game. I usually make 10,000 to 30,000 gems per reset at this point, and the game still offers to show me a video ad for like 60 gems all the time.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

To clarify you don't Need to buy/use the ad gems for the game.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

5er posted:

The last phone game I enjoyed was Kairosoft's 'Dungeon Village', I'd appreciate hearing suggestions of other games like that one, thanks!

I would recommend all the other Kairosoft games as a start, they are all same-y and if you enjoy one you will probably enjoy them all

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
The digital adaption of the boardgame Brass is coming to Android on the 15th of November.

It will feature solo play video AI and online multiplayer.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Speaking of Kairosoft, how are their recent games? I haven't been keeping up.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

willus posted:

Before anyone gets too excited it's some loving style lane game like that 40k mobile game storm of vengeance, not actual bloodbowl.
Dang and I just hit install. The screenshots make it look a lot more like blood bowl. :(

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
FYI in Fallout Shelter if you run into an invincible enemy, just leave the room, it usually fixes them when they move to another room.

Also if you don't have any rooms touching horizontally or vertically there is no way for monsters that dig, to go between rooms and they'll just vanish on their own.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

coyo7e posted:

FYI in Fallout Shelter if you run into an invincible enemy, just leave the room, it usually fixes them when they move to another room.

Also if you don't have any rooms touching horizontally or vertically there is no way for monsters that dig, to go between rooms and they'll just vanish on their own.

In my sordid tale, I did say I tried to get my guys to leave the room, go other places, but they wouldn't leave if I was CAPABLE of drag-reallocating them, or, the game was just ignoring my long presses, and I wouldn't be able to highlight a guy.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

wall monitor posted:

Speaking of Kairosoft, how are their recent games? I haven't been keeping up.

They haven't released any. Their last release was 5-6 months ago with the Ramen shop one.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
There's a new Japanese one which just came out iirc. It looked like it had dudes surfing or something?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

DemonMage posted:

They haven't released any. Their last release was 5-6 months ago with the Ramen shop one.

The ramen one is pretty good though.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
They've got some game with a fighter jet or something on their Japanese side. No idea what it's about.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I found this pretty novel take on a match 3 game - Wedding Escape.

Rather than physically moving tiles to make matches you select them and they swap colour which creates the match. You have a limited number of moves each level to match a certain number of tiles but the difference is that in each move you can select multiple adjacent tiles to swap their colours so the way to win and earn big points is to swipe multiple tiles and create big chain reactions. It took me a few plays to get my head around the idea but now that I've got the hang of it it's really fun and a good game to play for a few minutes when I'm on the train or whatever.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

DemonMage posted:

Okay so I've been not paying attention for longer than I thought. How are like... the last 3-4 games, including the Ramen one? Is that anime one any good?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

wall monitor posted:

Okay so I've been not paying attention for longer than I thought. How are like... the last 3-4 games, including the Ramen one? Is that anime one any good?

Arent they all one of two game styles reskinned?

Build a town or make recipes.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Nintendo's first non-Pokemon smartphone game with DeNA will be called Miitomo. It involves Miis communicating with each other "without your knowledge", and a lot of people are being reminded of Tomodachi Life on the 3DS.

Contrary to earlier reports it won't be out this year but rather March 2016. The Miitomo game will be F2P but apparently the other unannounced Nintendo/DeNA games coming out will be paid games.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 29, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just a heads up, that Walking Dead game linked up a little bit on the page launched today.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Android ports of late 90s games Sanitarium and Tomb Raider II are out on the Play Store. Also out is Koi, a pretty, serene game where you play as a goldfish.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 29, 2015

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Also out is Koi, a pretty, serene game where you play as a goldfish.

One would assume it's actually a Koi not a goldfish. Thanks for the recommendations though :v:

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

New Leaf posted:

Just a heads up, that Walking Dead game linked up a little bit on the page launched today.

I tried it and have found no way to turn of notifications so no thank you

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

O__O posted:

I tried it and have found no way to turn of notifications so no thank you

Long press a notification and disable them.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

big mean giraffe posted:

Unless of course you have an older version of Android in which case :owned:

That one feature almost made all the other problems worth it though

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

big mean giraffe posted:

Oh whoa I just went from an old phone to a new one and didn't know about this O_O

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

O__O posted:

Oh whoa I just went from an old phone to a new one and didn't know about this O_O

don't sign your posts

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

ModeSix posted:

One would assume it's actually a Koi not a goldfish. Thanks for the recommendations though :v:

I also said it was serene but the second level has a scary as gently caress laser eyed fish knocking your tiny helpless Koi about so I guess I was wrong on two fronts :sigh:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
FYI, we've got Sproggiwood 50% off all weekend to match the PC Halloween sale.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

I also said it was serene but the second level has a scary as gently caress laser eyed fish knocking your tiny helpless Koi about so I guess I was wrong on two fronts :sigh:

That's amazing. Laser fish!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Unormal posted:

FYI, we've got Sproggiwood 50% off all weekend to match the PC Halloween sale.

Goons who want an in depth and fun game, get on this.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I love it, but then hit a wall before I unlocked wizard. Buy it then tell me how to not suck!

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Has anyone tried Sproggiwood on an HP Touchpad. I've got an iphone, but want to use the bigger screen.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's not on sale in Canada :negative: :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

O__O posted:

It's not on sale in Canada :negative: :canada:

Or Australia!