Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Fang, MEGAQUEEN, Rose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Kyrosiris posted:

Faye, MEGAQUEEN, Asteria.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Argent Cinereus posted:

Scott, Sidney, Cassandra

This.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Votes so far:

Faye: 9
Susan: 6
Asteria: 6
Cassandra: 5
Sidney: 4
Scott: 4

Fang: 4
Rose: 3
Alice: 3
Akatsuki: 1

Clarste posted:

Well, to make up for it, the class they're giving us will apparently try to murder us from within the party.

This isn't exactly a translation problem, but to explain more clearly what this is, when a samurai commits seppuku they're supposed to slash their own belly and bleed to death. But that's kind of a relatively slow and painful way to die, so traditionally they'd ask their buddy to stand behind them and chop their heads off after they made the cut, to end their suffering after they'd already shown their resolve. Or, to be more cynical, to make sure they don't have any second thoughts. Anyway, the Shogun is the guy standing behind you with a sword, ready to kill you.

I guess it could have been called "Mercy Killing" or something.

Oh that's interesting. I'll add that to the Shogun Showcase. Yeah, I just grabbed the translations off of GameFAQs. Mercy Kill does seem like a more appropriate name, given the situations it applies to in the game.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 27, 2015

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Alice, Scott, Susan

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Scott, Sidney, Cassandra

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Alice, Fang, Akatsuki

I'm with Hivac in being very, very rude.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Alice, Fang, Akatsuki

Sure, this is a good enough reason for me.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Alice, Fang, Akatsuki

Agreed

We aren't giving you Yggdroids, but we aren't about to just give you the game either.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Asteria, Cassandra and Fang

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Faye: 9
Susan: 7
Fang: 7
Alice: 7
Asteria: 6
Cassandra: 6
Scott: 6

Sidney: 5
Akatsuki: 4

I hate you all.:argh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Asteria, Cassandra, Scott

Wargly
Aug 16, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Asteria, Cassandra, Scott

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Sidney, Scott, Asteria

I want to see what some Front Mortar Giant Kill goodness can do! :getin:

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Cassandra, Faye, Scott

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Edit: Whoops, that wasn't supposed to be posted yet!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Look, I tried. My desire for seeing our enemies laid low does not outweigh everyone else's desire to see you laid low.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
MEGAQUEEN, Cassandra, Sydney.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Voting is closed! The final results!

Cassandra: 11
Faye: 10
Asteria: 10
Scott: 10
Fang: 8
Susan: 8

Sidney: 7
Alice: 7
Akatsuki: 4

Well, looks like there's a tie for 5th, and yeah no way I'm bringing Fang along. So the final team is Cassandra, MEGAQUEEN, Scott, Faye, and Asteria! I was wondering if I was gonna have to make the next set of Sea Quests a 3 parter. I'm definitely gonna have to do that with some of the later ones, no matter how good of a team I get. But if I got stuck with a terrible team, I would have cheesed the next boss without any regrets. But fortunately, it hasn't come to that.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

But if I got stuck with a terrible team, I would have cheesed the next boss without any regrets. But fortunately, it hasn't come to that.

Dr. Fetus posted:

cheesed the next boss without any regrets

...Do it anyway. Break the game's spine over your knee, it and 2 owes you for the BS you had to put up with so far.

...Then again, 3 DID give you those materials from that ship not once, but THRICE.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Yeah you should always cheese all the time. Destroy this game and laugh as you bathe in its blood.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Eh, I'm a bit more hesitant about this form of cheese, since I would need to grind up a lot of Ental to pull it off. I might do it when Tidehunt goes ant-stomping. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, let's just say there's a very good reason why they took out Accessory stacking in the later games.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Gilgamesh255 posted:

...Do it anyway. Break the game's spine over your knee, it and 2 owes you for the BS you had to put up with so far.

...Then again, 3 DID give you those materials from that ship not once, but THRICE.

Theantero posted:

Yeah you should always cheese all the time. Destroy this game and laugh as you bathe in its blood.

Wish granted.

I wish I could say things went just as smoothly for the actual fights, but Faye had to carry the whole team kicking and screaming to victory the entire time.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Brilliant :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That boss again. :argh:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

There was a crazy guy in the main EO thread who ran through the entirety of EO3 with a solo Yggdroid. It did involve a lot of RNG manipulation, but it's still impressive.

Hiya! :cheeky:

There wasn't actually any RNG manipulation involved in that run except for the final final boss. Most of it was abusing the fact that Yggdroid/Ninja is actually really really hard to hit, since Infravision and Senpuku stack, and that whilst Yggdroids have awful TP pools, their TP regeneration can be pretty great. Also, Second Wind. Lots and lots of Second Wind.

Also, it's still a tossup on whether the 5th Stratum of EO2 or the 3rd of EO3 is the ugliest stratum in the series.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love those silly RNG manipulation kills. I have no idea how someone would work them out.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

Hiya! :cheeky:

There wasn't actually any RNG manipulation involved in that run except for the final final boss. Most of it was abusing the fact that Yggdroid/Ninja is actually really really hard to hit, since Infravision and Senpuku stack, and that whilst Yggdroids have awful TP pools, their TP regeneration can be pretty great. Also, Second Wind. Lots and lots of Second Wind.

Also, it's still a tossup on whether the 5th Stratum of EO2 or the 3rd of EO3 is the ugliest stratum in the series.

I would say piss castle is worse. EO3's 3rd stratum is just kind of bland and pretty heavy on the orange, but EO2's 5th stratum actually hurts my eyes and looks really terrible. It looks so much better in the remake.

McDragon posted:

I love those silly RNG manipulation kills. I have no idea how someone would work them out.

I found this one by accident. Someone did a RNG kill on that boss, but didn't show off the steps to pull it off. I managed to figure it out, and it's not that simple. You have to complete the 3rd Sea Quest first, and then do the 1st Sea Quest doing that, without restarting the game. Kinda defeats the point of an RNG kill, but hey, there you go.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 29, 2015

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

There's definitely more entertaining (and more useful) RNG sea quest kills, but I didn't know that one existed. Or that there are some requiring beating other sea quests. Neat. I don't think I did most of the sea quests till I played through the game a second time.

Also that dude is an awful battlemonk. He's not even using Singularity :colbert:

Cheshire Phoenix
Mar 21, 2011
Have we already submitted character bios for the shogun yet? I have one that I'd like to submit, but I'm going out of town for awhile and won't be able to post until I get back.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Not yet. I've had a silly idea for one for a while.

I wonder what kind of Yggdroid we'll end up with, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I'll accept submissions once we unlock the Shogun. Which hasn't happened yet, so be patient.

Cheshire Phoenix
Mar 21, 2011
Well then, here's hoping I get back sooner than anticipated.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Cheshire Phoenix posted:

Well then, here's hoping I get back sooner than anticipated.
If you want to write one up and PM it to me, I can post it when the time comes if you're not back.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not yet. I've had a silly idea for one for a while.

I wonder what kind of Yggdroid we'll end up with, though.

I hope we end up with a glasses Yggroid.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Wait, I thought we voted for the council so we wouldn't have to deal with Yggdroids. Am I forgetting something important about this?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, we aren't getting a Yggdroid here. You decided on Shoguns. Should've voted for that class if you wanted to see them in action!

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Yeah, we more or less went with Shoguns because while Fetus's suffering might be amusing, we aren't so cruel as to make him use a class that's functionally broken.

Next playthrough, most definitely. And with the glasses droid.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Update 40: Golem

I never want to fight a giant statue, or a giant robot, or a giant robot statue ever again!

Um, I'm fairly certain that the Gatekeeper Senator Flowdia and Princess Gutrune wants us to take down is a giant robot.

...Aarrgghh.

Okay, that should... be what we... need...

Hmm? There's something over there...

Just what are those rocks... oh goodness, this heat is unbearable!

You said it... Hey... How about we take a break? Go do something else, like sail on the seas or something...?

That would be really nice. I don't know if I can stand this cavern any longer.

Ooh, now here's a pretty good accessory. Bash Charms reduce Strike damage by 30%. If you're having trouble with the next Sea Quest, buy a couple of these. They'll help a lot.

Ehh, I dunno about you guys, but I don't feel like going back in that Stratum just yet. You guys wanna do something else?

That would be a pleasant idea. But what should we do?

I hear they started up the investigation on those ruins we found earlier. Shall we lend a helping hand?

Ooh, I would love to do that!

Actually... I think I'm gonna bring some other people along for that. Akatsuki. Alice. I need you two do me a favor.

Hmm? What do you need?

Nothing big, just... mumble mumble murmur.

Oh. Yes, that would be important to know about.

Thanks guys! Alright, let's go!

DS Version

Hey, punching the daylights out of statue sounds fun! You in?

Sure, why not? I've got nothing better to do.

Here's the team I'll be using.

And the Limits.

DS Version

The interior is so expansive, it appears to have been built for things far larger than humans. While investigating the statues, suddenly the ground rumbles hard enough to shake the whole island!

Just what is going on!?

As if on cue, the statue’s eyes begin to shine eerily and you’re sure you saw it move! The client snaps his fingers, as though he knew this would happen. It seems he’s ready for battle! Now, draw your weapons without hesitation and challenge the statue before you!

Looks like that's our target! Let's go!

:black101:Video: Golem:black101:

DS Version

Hey, I know what that is! There were monsters like that in Etria and Lagaard too, weren't there?

Well if you know that much, you should know how dangerous that Golem is! Be careful!

Here's another cameo. Golem was a boss in the first two games. This is actually its last appearance in the series despite that. It made a reappearance in the Untold games at least, but those are remakes. Let's take a look at how it operates.

Golem
HP: 5555
TP: 706
STR: 42
VIT: 44
AGI: 27
LUC: 28
TEC: 25
Attack Type: Strike
Exp: 24000
Item Drops:
-Normal: Statue Finger - 100% Drop Rate. 1 needed for Adama Armor (Heavy Armor. Must be restocked.)
--Stone that resists scratches no matter what it hits.
-Gold: 3-Lights Gem - Kill while Blinded. 100% Drop Rate. Prevents Normal Drops. 1 needed for Origin Tablets (Book. Must be restocked.)
--The tricolored source of a golem’s power.
Description: A stone giant found on the island of ancient ruins. What was it built to fight...?
Damage Resistances: Slash: 50% Strike: 50% Pierce: 50% Fire: 125% Ice: 125% Volt: 125%
Ailment Resistances: Sleep: 50% Confusion: 10% Plague: 1% Poison: 1% Blind: 50% Curse: 10% Paralysis: 10%
Bind Resistances: Head: 30% Arm: 30% Leg: 30%
Other Resistances: Death: 1% Petrification: IMMUNE Stun: 10%

Skills:

Multi Hammer: Uses the Arms. A Strike attack that deals 100% Strike damage to the entire party.
Triple Hammer: Uses the Arms. A Strike attack that deals 130% damage to 3 people. Will not target the same person more than once.

At the start of the fight, Golem doesn't do much aside from hammering your party in the face. Don't be fooled by those low damage modifiers, Golem's STR is really high at this point, so even a regular attack from it can do a lot of damage. You'll want to bring lots of healing or lots of defense. Or better yet, both. I actually don't like this boss. I consider it to be difficult in a cheap way. Probably one of my least favorite Sea Quest bosses. But I'll get to the reason why a bit later.

First things first, set up my defenses with double Cassandras.

Increase Bongaro's attack power, since he's one of our main damage dealers.

Faye will handle the healing with Protect Order.

And Asteria will get ready to launch elementals at Golem.

FIRE AT WILL!

Bongaro does a decent amount of damage with Breakfire Fist, but don't expect that to carry you to victory.

What you're seeing happen to Bongaro is Ascetic Deeds. Every time he casts a skill, he recovers some HP.

I have arrived! By the way Faye, did you remember to clean your room, like I asked?

AAUUUGGGHHHH!

This is essentially Golem's regular attack, only as an AOE. Yeah, dude hits hard.

A healing touch!

We are going to need healing in these fights. Lots and lots of healing.

Calculating spell trajectory.

Line Guard will take a lot of the sting out of Golem's attacks.

Eagle Eye is another damage boost that will help Bongaro deal more damage.

And Asteria will be attacking.

And here's one of the ways a Bunshin Hoplite can be useful. Double Line Guards, one for each row. Your party now takes laughably little damage from physical attacks. It might seem like overkill for the back row, but you've seen how much damage Golem does.

Stay behind me!

And me too!

Triple Hammer is Golem's hardest hitting attack. It hits less targets than Multi Hammer, but each hit deals more damage.

Starting a fire, Bongaro? Don't leave me out on the fun.

And now both rows are under the effects of Protect Order.

How amusing. You think that your defenses won't fall in my presence!

This is how much Protect Order heals at the moment. It's a decent amount, but Faye needs to master both Protect Order and Form Qi for it to be really effective.

Let's make this team even harder to kill. Why not?

An impenetrable defense!

Unfortunately, I forgot to pack Amritas, so both Cassandras are running really low on TP.

Not like that's gonna matter, because it's time to end this fight. :getin:

Forward!

Hmm?

Ready to fire!

Um, I don't think that's a good ide-

Well that guy wasn't too-Wait what?

Aw yeah! Take that, you stupid-wait. Shouldn't that thing have toppled over by now?

Oh yeah, that's right. Golem has some more skills.

Endure: Does not use a body part. A passive that lets Golem survive a killing blow, and heals it for 2777 HP.

Thought you were done with the fight? Sorry, but there's more to it. It essentially extends Golem's HP, so it actually has 8332 HP. In fact, when Endure activates, it doesn't interrupt anything Golem does.

Which tripped me up, because I thought that it would stop it from using this.

Ice wasn't nice after all...

Remember when the game said Golem stands ready? That was it getting ready to do a counterattack.

Reflection: Does not use a body part. Whenever Golem gets hit with an elemental attack, it performs a counterattack on the person who attacked it. Counterattacks deal Almighty damage and deals 2 to 6 times the damage Golem took. Has an action speed of +30.

When Golem drops below 76%, it introduces this dick move into the mix. It had this skill in EO2, but it was only used on specific turns, making it easily avoidable. Now, it's used at random, so it's unpredictable when Golem will use this, resulting in a lot of cheap deaths that you can't do much about. Sorta. There's one saving grace that I'll talk about later in the fight. But yes, this is pretty much the main reason I'm not a fan of these Sea Quests. You pretty much have to accept that your characters will die, so you don't have a choice but to attack it. Why not just whittle it down with physical attacks then? Well there's more skill that we haven't seen that will make that strategy ineffective.

So how this counterattack works is that the damage that Golem deals is multiplied by the damage it took. The less damage Golem takes, the higher the damage multiplier. It's basically to ensure that whoever attacked it will die. Oh, and since it's a counter attack, it doesn't have an accuracy check, so it can't miss.

Blood Return restores a few points of TP to the Monk whenever an ally dies.

Oh by the way, Golem counters every single elemental attack it took if it put up a Reflection. Absolute Zero happened to hit it 4 times.

Oh, and if the intended target already died, Golem will unleash its counters on other people.

Uhhhh. Hey! Are you dead!?

...Really, Faye? Really?

He got hit pretty hard. I was just trying to make sure he was still alive!

Ascetic Reward restores a certain amount of HP to all party members if the Monk dies.

THIS ISN'T OVER! YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF MEGAQUEEEEEN! :argh:

You people can deal with this thing yourself. I'm out of here!

When a clone dies, it disappears so you can't revive it. You'll have to summon another one.

This looks bad. What do we do?

Hmm. Let's see...

Well I can recover from the situation. Thankfully Faye and Cassandra can't be killed in one hit, they're both too durable for that.

Cassie! Use this!

Oh even better, I got a free turn! Yeah, Golem has no qualms about using Reflection multiple turns in a row.

Hey. You okay there?

Ugh. I think so. What happened?

Eh, don't worry about it. Just help us take down this statue!

My apologies for that disaster that just happened.

I'm not completely done recovering from that mistake. I need to heal everyone up and revive Susan. I have Cassandra Bodyguard Asteria to ensure that she doesn't die again.

Oh. Never mind, Golem insisted on giving me another free turn!

I'll... protect you?

I uh, don't think that's necessary right now.

Your queen is BACK! The battle may now continue! :black101:

Dr. Faye will see you now.

And now to move these two out of the front row.

The nice thing about Bongaro's AI is that it cheats. He'll never use Breakfire Fist on a turn where Golem casts reflection, so you don't have to worry about him. You can't say the same for your party members, unfortunately.

The queen is dead...

Oh come on! I just got her up!

Oh yes. Here's its last skill, and one that also makes it a pain to deal with.

Regen: Uses the Head. Places a buff on Golem that restores 240 to 245 HP at the end of the turn for 3 turns.

Once Golem drops below 51%, (even before it activates Endure.) it starts using this move. If you don't do anything about it, Golem will end up recovering 720 to 735 HP. It also casts this every 5th turn. In fact, it will always cast it on turns that are multiples of 5, so that's the only safe time to use elemental attacks. Which is the saving grace I mentioned earlier.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

And Regen will restore Golem's HP bit by bit, undoing our hard work.

Let's fix that.

Now now, I didn't give you permission to do that.

...This is gonna hurt.

Cheap shot!

While the counterattacks are STR based, and will deal reduced damage to the back row, that won't really save anybody most of the time.

ABSOLUTE...

Zero? Uhhh, not sure what I'm supposed to do here.

If someone who's supposed to cast a Limit skill gets killed before they can do so, the Limit won't be casted, and you'll get that message instead.

Armored like a Hoplite!

Okay, try to stay up this time.

Sorry.

Not this time.

DS Version

So the fight basically boils down to, kill it. Dispel buffs. You can't even hope for your party members to not die from Reflection, its AI is too random to predict that. You basically have to accept that any elemental damage dealers will die, and then just work on recovering and getting them back up. And then repeat until Golem's dead. It's not really an interesting boss, it just deals cheap shots, really. There's not much you can do to deal with Reflection.

DS Version

Ha! That thing is totally, one hundred percent DEAD! No way it's coming back!

I suppose so. But I still have an uneasy feeling about this place.

That's also not the only... I'm worrying too much.

The client examines the stones from various angles, noting specifics from the battle moments ago. After some time, he sighs in satisfaction and thanks you before heading deeper into the ruins. You smile wryly at his insatiable lust for knowledge before returning to your awaiting ship.

DS Version

Researchers have been examining it ever since you left... But its power source is still a mystery. They can’t even recreate it with our current technology. So the question is, was it created by man before the Calamity? Or by something else...? We’ll just have to hope those scholars can find the answers. All that aside, you guys did great. Your reward this time came from inside those ruins. You should hold onto it.

We get the Aegis Barrier Limit, which is like the Aegis Shield Limit, only it blocks elemental damage instead of physical. Handy, but not useful at all against Golem. It has no effect on Almighty damage, so neither Aegis Limit can block those.

Now I have to do that Sea Quest again, but to get the equipment from that. And I want to get the conditional drop this time, so I'm stocking up on Blind Gases.

I'm bringing in Fang to maximize my chances of getting its Gold Drop. Scott does have Lights Out, but he doesn't have that skill anymore, and I didn't feel like grinding him back up just to relearn it. Besides, his LUC and TEC stats aren't that great to to inflict Blind on Golem. Anyways, let's go for it.

I thought you said you demolished that thing!

We did! That must be a different one! There are a lot of those statues around here.

Let's just hope the rest of them don't activate while we're dealing with this one.

DS Version

Let's make things easier for our attackers.

Cry wolf!

Beaten like a drum!

Aw, what's the matter? Can't think with that... wait, can statues think?

I don't like where this is going.

Yep. Didn't like it at all.

Hopefully the next punch to the face will be less painful.

Golem's running pretty low on HP, so I'm gonna try to Blind him now. I could hold my party members back, but I can't stop Bongaro from attacking it, so I'm kind of on a time limit in regards to that.

Heads up!

Kid, I think you were supposed to aim at its head.

I was trying to! :saddowns:

And the thing about the Gases are that they aren't that accurate when it comes to inflicting ailments. They only have a 25% chance to inflict their associated ailment. While Fang's LUC and TEC stats will boost that to a 50% to 59% chance, Golem has a 50% resistance to Blind, lowering that back down to 25% to 29%. They're not meant to be a complete substitute for skills.

Golem's running low, but it hasn't activated Endure yet. Though any ailments it gets inflicted with will persist after it Endures a mortal blow.

Here's mud in your eye!

And there we go!

Full sail ahead!

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

DS Version

And I managed to snag its Gold Drop!

DS Version

He’s a strange guy... Makes you wonder if he prefers to study or fight. He left something for you guys with me, though. He seemed excited, said it would be perfect for you.

His last line changes to this if you've already gotten that armor:

In any case, you’ve done well. It seems I made the right choice when I picked your guild.

Bongaro's Singlet is a really good piece of armor at this point. Provides a decent amount of defense, but it also reduces the damage output of all physical attacks by 10%.

Let's see what these drops unlock.

The Origin Tablets are unlocked by selling the 3-Lights Gem, but you also need a drop from a 4th Stratum enemy to do that.

The Adama Armor provides a nice defense boost, and provides a 30% resistance to Instant Death.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Update 41: Golem, Part 2

I don't think ruins with an army of giant robot statues is a good place to have a date.

Maybe it's for the thrill of it!

Here's my setup for this Sea Quest.

DS Version

Oh. My. Gosh. If I have to hear any more flirting from those two, I'm gonna explode.

Oh don't worry. We're finally here.

The ruins are a dark, maze-like structure, probably built to obstruct would-be intruders. The two clients wander after you as though they have not a care in the world. Entering a hall, the Princess notes a gigantic statue with a menacing aura. Her mood changes instantly. It seems that while the two may be flirtatious, their adventuring skills are as sharp as ever. The Princess only has a moment to shout “Get back!” before the giant statue attacks with a roar!

DS Version

Just setting up like usual.

There's nothing that my sharp eyes can't spot!

That should provide a nice damage boost to our fighters. Dezerte will focus on buffing our party, but she'll mostly focus on the front row.

A protective blessing!

Maybe this time I won't be taken out so hard.

Knuckle is one of the main damage dealers for the fight. His AI consists of casting Charge, and then Freezing Blow, and he rarely deviates from that.

Lost my sea legs...

If Dezerte has nothing to do, she'll just attack. Not that it'll be effective.

Fireball!

And there's Freezing Blow in action. It's a powerful Ice/Strike attack. It even outdamaged Asteria!

Up and at em, ya lazy little landlubber! Hee hee.

Mmm. Ready to sail out again!

Yep. Still hurts a lot.

I knew I shouldn't have stayed on this sinking ship.

:ughh: Are you serious?

Try to stay up this time.

Ugh. Sorry, Faye.

Okay. Let's try not to have that happen again.

Patched you up. Ugh.

:sigh:

Time to let Scott go to town on Golem.

Oh son of a-

:gibs:

:cripes:

Now where would be a good spot to drill a hole?

Here's a hole in your head!

Look at that damage. Even with Golem's resistance to physicals, Scott still dealt a whole lot of damage to it.

Are you serious? He had enough TP to do the Charge + Freezing Blow combo. But no, he just cast Freezing Blow instantly, which just ended up killing him. Oh yeah, here's another reason why I'm not a big fan of these Sea Quests. You have to babysit the AI characters! Bongaro is an exception in that his AI cheats to avoid having him accidentally commit suicide. Knuckle's AI doesn't get that mercy. Dude will end up getting himself killed a lot and there's not much you can do about it.

Can't keep a good man down!

Please let it stop.

...Just get it over with.

:gibs:

Dang it, Asteria.

That's so not fair!

Yeah, those things like to do that.

Really? Again without charging?

Dezerte. Your boyfriend is an idiot.

I can see that. :cripes:

Thankfully whenever Golem uses Regen, Dezerte will immediately eliminate the buff. And Almighty damage does not get countered.

Faye, wake me up in a bit, okay?

Fine, whatever you say.

Ah. That was a short nap.

Do you mind if I snooze a bit more?

Ugh. Thank goodness that's over. I don't know how much more of that I could have handled.

DS Version

As you revel in your victory, the Princess packs up and stalks off sourly in the direction you came. Lending a hand to the shocked man, you hurry after the Princess and head toward your ship.

DS Version

...Well, at least she seemed mostly satisfied. Sorry to have put you through that, though. Oh, and she left this with me for you guys. Whether you use it or not, well... That’s up to you.

If you already have this, he just doesn't say the last two sentences.

The Dezerte Crown provides a nice defense boost.

I forgot to spend Faye's skill point before, so I corrected that. Protect Order now has a skill power of 150%.

Ether Mastery now provides a 22% boost to elemental damage. Okay, let's get that final Sea Quest done.

...You can't be serious. I-aaaarrrrggghhhh. :bang:

Looks like you're already gonna be fighting with other Zodiacs, and I don't feel like taking any more dirt naps soooo... good luck, Faye!

Here's my setup. Faye's been proving herself to be the MVP of these Sea Quests, and since she's in the front row, I want to guarantee her survival. As for Cassandra and Charge Tactic, there's a little trick I want to show off.

DS Version

The three sisters quickly disembark the ship, pushing each other as they charge recklessly forward. You pursue them into the ruins, but it’s so dark that you can’t tell where they are. At a loss of what to do, the ground suddenly begins to shake violently, probably throughout the island! Like three flares, a red, blue, and a yellow light illuminate the darkness! It seems to be a spell! In the glow of their spell, you see the three sisters fighting a hulking stone statue! There’s no time to think! Hurry and join the battle!

DS Version

Starting things off, Faye dying is the last thing I want happening in this fight, and Indomitable will prevent that.

And of course, setting up.

If you think about punching me in the face, I'll make sure you regret it.

Multiply!

It's good to be back.

Whatever. Healing and all that. Yadda yadda yadda.

The sisters have a very simplistic AI. First they'll cast Etheric Charge.

Then they'll all cast their elemental spells. The difference in damage is because the sisters are at different levels, and thus have different stats.

Let's try to ensure that our front line doesn't die.

My life for yours!

Please, please try to stay alive!

...I can tell we're off to a fantastic start. :ughh:

I hope you brought a lot of Nectars for this fight.

Because the sisters will rarely deviate from their routine of using Etheric Charge, then casting their elemental attack. Which results in them getting killed most of the time. It's essentially an escort mission, only instead of having to protect any brain dead AIs from dying, you have to raise them from the dead and watch them die and them bring them back to life. Over and over. Now if you have the Shogun class and have access to the Fore Honor skill, you can bypass all that nonsense and get a free win. If you don't, well prepare to revive the sisters a lot.

This is gonna be a long fight.

I have Cassandra Bodyguard Amber to ensure that she doesn't die.

Really getting sick of this.

So Faye can revive Ruby.

Bodyguard turned out to be unnecessary, because Golem was low enough to start casting Regen.

Thankfully the sisters opted not to attack Golem this turn. The best you can hope for in this fight is to desync the sisters' actions so that they don't all die at once.

Now here's that trick I was talking about earlier. Bunshin clones count as people when it comes to casting Limits. So even though Cassandra was the only one who equipped Charge Tactic, she can still cast it since both Cassandras count as 2 people. Nifty, and this lets you cast Limits that you normally couldn't with certain party setups.

But you know what? I came too far to die to a stupid statue. I'm making sure we win, even if I have to drag you all kicking and screaming to victory!

Huff... Hufff... That said... I don't think I can take much more of this...

Don't worry, Faye. I don't think Golem can either...

You can rest easy now, Faye.

DS Version

So yeah, the main reason I won these fights is because Faye carried her party to victory. Golem couldn't outdamage Faye's healing and revivals. That's how powerful a Monk can be when used right.

DS Version

Their high-pitched laughter is a complete reversal of how you found them in the ocean city. The battle was exhausting enough, but the sound of their spirited giggles only fatigues you more. Disgusted with the sisters as they struggle to keep up, complaining all the while, you set sail again.

Please just let me rest. :morning:

...You look exhausted. I guess those three really did a number on you guys. But hey, cheer up. They left this for you as a token of their gratitude.

His last two sentences gets replaced with the same ones he says back in the first Sea Quest if you already completed this.

Sapphire's Book comes with some nice forges for a Zodiac, but I think I'm gonna stick with Pollux's records for now.

DS Version

About time we turned in that quest.

Welcome! Did you just get back? Were you abling to get the requested item? You found something rare, you say? Really!? Show me, show me!

It's right here!

Now if you only brought one item from a Mine point, Missy will take it from you. If you brought more than one type, she'll ask which one you want to give her.

Ooh! Is this the treasure you found? Let us take a look closer...

And her response differs depending on what you give her. If you give her a Corundum:

Pfft! It’s tiny! It looks like trash! I see trash every day! This doesn’t look rare at all. What kind of accessory is Finity going to make from this? I have no ideas! Well, if you are saying it is rare, I believe you. Not my problem if it’s ugly! You have being very helpful once again. I am hoping you will do more requests!

And then you would get a Panic Guard as your reward and each party member would get 580 exp. If you gave her a Clastic Rock:

Wowza... The more I am looking, the more charmingly it appears! I cannot be waiting to see what Finity creates from this! I will make sure it is delivered. Here is your reward. Please be taking it! Good working as always! Thank you muchly!

You would get a Gale Amulet and each party member would get 640 exp. If you gave her a Pyrargyrite:

Oooooooh... So beautiful! So amazingness! Fantasticool! Hey... You know I am helping you out all the time, yes? Maybe I deserve a present?

:geno: Maybe later.

......Ahaha! I am the kidding! I’ll make sure to give this to Finity! Here is your rewarding. I hope to be working with you again sometime!

A Critical Belt is your reward.

And each part member gets 700 exp.

This increases a character's crit rate by 9%. Eh, I don't really like these since only regular attacks can crit. Now there's one more thing that happened that I'd like to show off.

:rip:Video: RIP Golem:rip:

I was looking to get an RNG kill on Golem, but I didn't succeed. But I did get lucky when I was messing around.

Oh my gosh. WILL YOU JUST LEAVE US ALONE!?

Faye, that's a different-

I know that! Ugh, sorry. Just really hate those things.

Don't worry!

I can handle this!

Yeah uh, kid? How are you planning on doing that?

What the!? Where'd you get a tiger!?

I made friends with one!

No no, how did you-never mind.

I don't believe that did much.

Get it, Mr. Tiger!

:neckbeard: Ha ha ha! You did great!

:stare:

Something nice about Instant Death is that it bypasses Endure, which is pretty sweet. And for the record, Fang had a 1.65% chance to instantly kill the thing. So I got really really lucky here. Not that interesting, but hey. Seeing bosses get instantly killed can be amusing. Don't expect Fang to keep Call Tiger. I'm not gonna spam that on bosses until it works, that would be boring and too cheesy if it did work.

Thanks, Mr. Tiger!

Geez. I can't believe a tiger scared the heck out of a statue.

I can't believe the kid made friends with one either.

Hmm. Doesn't look like that statue is the only one that backed down. Looks like the rest of the giants here got the message as well. I don't think we'll have to worry about them anymore.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 7, 2015

• Locked thread