Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

Scraps that were the pieces needed to build weapons of mass destruction.

They were just in some box, though. So they couldn't have been that impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

McSpanky posted:

I remember Ray being pretty well-liked last season, don't know where all this is coming from now.

Actually there was a lot of criticism about Ray around here before he finalised the suit as all of his stuff was totally separate from the main cast and was exacerbating an already patchy season. He only interacted with Felicity for 90% of his time on the show and it was mostly boring.
And a bunch of comic nerds got upset he wasn't called Ted for some reason .

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The new Arrow Cave is spectacular

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

The new Arrow Cave is spectacular

They showed designs for it pre-season and it looked p. sweet, yeah. Like a real Watchtower feel, especially with the conference table.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neal Adams is not the Green Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When dealing with zombie Sara, you would think Laurel would use her real name.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Laurel's denial is pretty hilarious.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wait, where did they get anti-meta weapons from? :stare:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Felicity swooning over the salmon ladder.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Salmon Ladder :woop: :pervert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess they use John Constantine to cram Sara's soul back in her body.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

God drat. Oliver is just making GBS threads all over Lance and it's kind of justified in this case.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

That argument with Oliver and Detective Lance was intense. First time Lance is wrong and Oliver's in the right.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Couldn't they find somewhere better then a dank basement to store Sara? I'm sure sitting around in the dark chained to a wall isn't exactly helping the situation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lance is getting way too much to do this season. He's not going to make it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Strong episode for Paul Blackthorne tonight.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Taken down by a taser. drat.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Lance is getting way too much to do this season. He's not going to make it.

Gotta admit, the evidence is piling up that Lance is in that grave.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zebulon posted:

Gotta admit, the evidence is piling up that Lance is in that grave.

And with Oliver's "I wanted to show you" moment, he totally would take the death that hard.

If he does end up mayor, he failed to protect his police commissioner both as mayor, and as Green Arrow.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
So all these "glitches" and the weird code on Felicity's phone is just micro-Palmer trying to contact her, right?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

GLOSS posted:

So all these "glitches" and the weird code on Felicity's phone is just micro-Palmer trying to contact her, right?

Pretty much guaranteed.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

rookie mistake by Oliver there to set up the big speech

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

GLOSS posted:

That pause after she said "little" was there for a reason.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oliver telling Lance to stay in as a spy is going to get him killed. Explains him blaming himself for the grave. RIP Lance.

Where the gently caress did Sera get to?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I thought that was a really, really good episode. Like, end of Season 2-quality, in my opinion. The Ollie/Lance living room argument was amazing and both have been killing it so far this season. So excited to see John Constantine next episode even though I know absolutely nothing about him.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://youtu.be/UZzuwkqrMw0

Next week's promo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ray's message to Felicity: Help, I'm tiny!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Sir Potato posted:

I thought that was a really, really good episode. Like, end of Season 2-quality, in my opinion. The Ollie/Lance living room argument was amazing and both have been killing it so far this season. So excited to see John Constantine next episode even though I know absolutely nothing about him.

Constantine the show had its moments and Matt Ryan was probably the best thing about it so he should make for a good guest star. He'll also fit in with the more bantery tone they've been going for this year.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

hcreight posted:

Constantine the show had its moments and Matt Ryan was probably the best thing about it so he should make for a good guest star. He'll also fit in with the more bantery tone they've been going for this year.

What is exactly is Constantine's shtick, then? Like he can transfer the souls of the dead or something supernatural like that? Matt Ryan does seem awesome and his accent sounds like the best part.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He knows magic.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Constantine originates in the Vertigo imprint, which is a darker line from DC, so his stories are usually more gritty. He's basically a more traditional magician - summoning, scrying, exorcism, runes, bargains with demons, etc (as opposed to throwing fireballs around or something - usually). Most of his story lines revolve around him trying to stop some sort of dark magic. He's effective, but he's totally willing to use people (including his friends) to achieve his goals/avoid paying a price himself, so things generally work out poorly for people around him. He's often portrayed as having burned all his bridges, but people still end up working with him because the threat is so big that they basically have to.

gninjagnome fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 29, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Actually Constantine started out in Alan Moore's Saga of Swamp Thing, which was mainstream DC.

Aphrodite posted:

He knows magic.

Also he's kind of an rear end in a top hat who gets those closest to him killed.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Also English as gently caress

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I liked the episode, right up until Felicity typed in the password, that was dumb, and awful.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Aquasnake posted:

I liked the episode, right up until Felicity typed in the password, that was dumb, and awful.

That was a callback. When Ray went crazy overworking himself last year she changed it to that and finally told him the password after he gave her the D.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

That was a callback. When Ray went crazy overworking himself last year she changed it to that and finally told him the password after he gave her the D.

Still terrible. Also I hope Felicity has another backup if Mr Terrific couldn't brute force that password.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Did they try guest?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

That argument with Oliver and Detective Lance was intense. First time Lance is wrong and Oliver's in the right.

Seriously, and they played it well. You don't get the sense that Oliver is taking the chance to get revenge for all of Lance's disdain over the years - he's really, legitimately crushed by the betrayal.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This episode was loving amazing. Easily at season 2 quality, if not even slightly better.

...though to be honest I spent most of it being annoyed at Oliver wearing the same ugly maroon shirt for days on end...

But still. Please keep this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

greatn posted:

I kind of remember this now that you mention it, but it was like 5-10 minutes after future Mr. Terrific, the Tech hero, couldn't crack it. Which makes him look bad, and also makes Felicity and Ray look bad if you don't remember the reference.

• Locked thread