Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
View Results

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
What did the moderator say to get the audience to boo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

someone please tell me what ben carson was just talking about because i couldn't follow any of it

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
The constitution gives rights to everyone
but gay people shouldn't have the same rights.

I did not work for that company
but I was paid by them and I use their products and I'm advertising for them right now

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Demon Of The Fall posted:

If someone pays me I'll do anything! - Ben Carson

Even run for President!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Axetrain posted:

How long does this go on, it's painful to watch.
TV Guide says 10:30pm

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Why did the audience boo?

"someone used my name image and likeness apparently without my permission but I didn't know but that doesn't reflect badly on me for not having them take it down the audience gets it" Carson

E:The question was something like "doesn't that reflect badly on your vetting process"

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i can't wait for the tears and foaming at the mouth from tea party retards over this debate

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

fsif posted:

Yeah I missed it, what happened?

The commentator tripled down on asking Carson why he was involved with a poo poo pseudo-science homeopathy company or some such. That might not be accurate, but basically Carson endorsed a product that was and is known to be poo poo.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

ChlamydiaJones posted:

This is a tiny, invited audience

Seriously, I feel like they must be playing pre-recorded applause or something because sometimes it doesn't sound loud enough to be a crowd of 1000 people.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
where do i get the warm kisses tia

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did they hand out .45's at the entrance

Because that's the only way tonight is a net win for humanity

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

QuoProQuid posted:

I have expect candidates to walk out on live television.

I pray for this

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Carson can do no wrong to these people lol.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

I legit thought they were booing Carson because "Uh they must have done it without my permission" was such an obvious lie, but no they were literally booing CNBC for asking why Ben Carson's answer made no sense.

It's really not his job or duty to scour the Internet for every mention of him, as a public figure

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

fsif posted:

Carson was on the website for a company that sold 'autism cure' snake oil. Carson proceeds to say he takes the product himself but does not endorse them. Moderator asks if his appearance on their website indicates a lack of vetting or judgement, audience goes mad.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Anorexic Robot posted:

"The Profit" looks like a real life Nathan For You

nathan should moderate the next debate

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not gonna get to watch this til later but fill me in, it sounds like Rubio literally stabbed Jeb! in the gut, Carson's pooping out of his mouth and it's being eaten up by the crowd for some reason, anything else? What of el Trumperino?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

fsif posted:

Carson said he didn't endorse a company despite being linked with it for a decade, mdoerator talked about a picture on his website where he's posing with company's logo over his shoulder. Carson says "hey someone did that without my permission" and moderator said "maybe that has something to do with your vetting process" and audience booed at that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Goddamn. This debate loving SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

what just happened with the booing plz explain my friends were yelling about gays

Missed the whole question

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
YOUR MONEY........ YOUR VOTE.........

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
They really need to get back to Trump.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Axetrain posted:

How long does this go on, it's painful to watch.

drink until the pain stops

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Carson: I didn't let them kiss me on the lips, even after they left the money on the dresser.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Oliver Willis ‏@owillis 2m2 minutes ago
fyi carson is lying about the supplement. he appeared in videos for it and gave speeches for the company http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/01/12/did-ben-carson-violate-fox-news-policy-on-produ/202092 … #GOPDebate

EDIT: People still freaking out about the FALSE WAGE GAP MYTH on twitter

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MrAristocrates posted:

someone please tell me what ben carson was just talking about because i couldn't follow any of it

he supports equal rights, but he also doesn't believe in gay marriage, and he doesn't have an established relationship with a company that sells a wonderful product that I, Ben Carson, personally endorse, whoever they are

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQSoHRwtwvI

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

What did the moderator say to get the audience to boo?

He implied that Ben Carson should know about every dumb company that uses his image on their website without asking.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

babypolis posted:

lol at cnbnc showing only internal ads. shouldnt this be a big cash cow for them

getting plenty of normal ads on tv :downs:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

TV Guide says 10:30pm

what time zone, eastern?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That or a targeted drone strike which would be completely literally truly justified because these people are scum

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Montasque posted:

he is freaking unstoppable

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

fsif posted:

Asked Carson about his pic on their webpage.

He said it was used without his knowledge. They asked if that spoke badly about his character. Crowd booed.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

mlmp08 posted:

The commentator tripled down on asking Carson why he was involved with a poo poo pseudo-science homeopathy company or some such. That might not be accurate, but basically Carson endorsed a product that was and is known to be poo poo.

Or so the Communist propagandists at CNBC would have you believe.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

where dem Hildawg commercials

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
hahahahahaha that commercial

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

crazy cloud posted:

I'm not gonna get to watch this til later but fill me in, it sounds like Rubio literally stabbed Jeb! in the gut, Carson's pooping out of his mouth and it's being eaten up by the crowd for some reason, anything else? What of el Trumperino?

he fucken slayed john kasich but has been shut out of most of the debate, because theres too much dead weight in the ranks

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's not dumb to ask why his question made no sense. It is dumb to imply that has any relevance for his ability to vet staff.

Stupid answer for a stupid question.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Axetrain posted:

what time zone, eastern?

Yea that's gotta be ET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Montasque posted:

He can if they ask the right questions and stop being walking liberal stereotypes.

They are asking him questions and he is being truthful and the people love that

• Locked thread