Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
LIVE STREAMS

http://www.cnbc.com/live-tv/ will REQUIRE A CABLE SUBSCRIPTION.

In case the official one doesn't work for whatever reason, these :yarr: ones did last time:

http://earthdispatch.com/cnbc.html
http://www.livenewschat.eu/
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/
http://www.hulkusc.com/

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

LOGISTICS

Name: Your Money, Your Vote: The Republican Presidential Debate
Venue: Coors Events Center at the University of Colorado Boulder
Moderators: Carl Quintanilla, Becky Quick, and John Harwood
Issues: Jobs, taxes and the deficit, The health of the economy, Your financial freedom

THE CONTENDERS

6pm THE KIDDIE TABLE

• Rick Santorum, former Senator from Pennsylvania
  • Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana
  • George Pataki, former Governor of New York (DURING 9/11!)
  • Lindsey Graham, Senator from South Carolina

8pm THE DONALD and other people, who cares

With their greatest political achievement and average from the polls CNBC used to determine who was in each debate.

Claims to be Constitutionally Eligible - 25.22%

Neurosurgeon - 19.78%

Senator from Florida - 9.67%

former Governor of Florida - 8.11%

Former CEO of HP - 8.11%

Senator from Texas - 6.89%

former Governor of Arkansas - 3.56%

Senator from Kentucky - 3.00%

Governor of Ohio - 3.00%

Governor of New Jersey - 3.00%

Joementum has issued a correction as of 01:11 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Nice work, thanks!

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I love all the gifs but that Christie one will always be a little bit more special than the rest

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Regulating it to two hours means watching them chomp for attention like hungry hungry hippos.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

any chance jeb is going to try a lame weed joke that goes over like a lead balloon? seems like the venue for it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Your Money, Your vote: a little too on the nose edition

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
My ironic Jindal vote puts him at 25% at early polling! He's catchin' on!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Good Citizen posted:

Your Money, Your vote: a little too on the nose edition

If nothing else, CNBC knows it's audience. Both of them.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pompous Rhombus posted:

My ironic Jindal vote puts him at 25% at early polling! He's catchin' on!

Polls at this stage of the primary are not predictive.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Jim Gilmore will win the debate, simply by not being in the debate.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Polls at this stage of the primary are not predictive.

I have a lot of love for this post

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Atoramos posted:

Regulating it to two hours means watching them chomp for attention like hungry hungry hippos.

I wonder who will win the Webb Award for complaining about time the most and also killing a guy.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I'm excited for Jeb! to get shut down every time he tries to make a comeback whenever Trump mocks him.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Those gifs are p good. So how much will they actually talk about the economy? I guess with only minutes per person and tax plans and Medicare as fodder they'll stay on target.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Drastic Actions posted:

Jim Gilmore will win the debate, simply by not being in the debate.

Why even try if you don't have any polls at all in your favor by the 3rd debate? Does he think that once Trump falters, Gilmorementum will begin?

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
Considering each candidate has something like 9 minutes of actual speaking time I'm hoping that people like Rand and Christie go for a hail mary and just say some crazy ridiculous poo poo in order to be declared the winner and capture the narrative.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

rakovsky maybe posted:

Considering each candidate has something like 9 minutes of actual speaking time I'm hoping that people like Rand and Christie go for a hail mary and just say some crazy ridiculous poo poo in order to be declared the winner and capture the narrative.

This is essentially what worked for Fiorina, so the strategy's sound.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I am going into liver failure tonight.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
There's 'win the debate' by being master debater. There's also 'win the debate' by no longer giving fucks and clowning as many people as possible. I think it's possible Miss Lindsey will do the latter.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Image being a candidate on that stage. In front of you is just the dead eyes of your party members and bigwigs, the mouth watering of the major party donors all betting on the right horse to back, the hyper control of the faces of their families, and the look of unflinching certainty in the chosen crazed supporters (many of whom do not support you in the least unless you are DT, Ben Carson, or maybe Jeb!). The behind all that is just a darkness, a void. Maybe there is a comfort in void?

The Arena Has 11,000 Seats But 10,000 Will Be Empty At GOP Debate

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
2 hours with limited commercials (I'm assuming around 30 minutes worth of commercials?) gives about 9 minutes per candidate if it's evenly distributed (it won't be). Some candidates are going to be completely ignored. My money's on Rand getting like 3-5 minutes of airtime.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I want to see Jeb! dominated. I want to see tears on stage, frantic yelling, a nervous breakdown, and more. I want to see the last hope of the Bush dynasty to be made a total beta bitch in front of an international audience.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
This just in, I'm hearing from right-wing media sources that Rubio and Fiorina were the breakout stars in tonight's debate.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

seiferguy posted:

2 hours with limited commercials (I'm assuming around 30 minutes worth of commercials?) gives about 9 minutes per candidate if it's evenly distributed (it won't be). Some candidates are going to be completely ignored. My money's on Rand getting like 3-5 minutes of airtime.

I find it kind of mean to make some of them stand there for two hours for just three minutes of talking time. Jesus, the kind of sad hopes and dreams the primary season puts into people.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
As others have already complimented the gifs, I'd like to chime in to say I really appreciate the thread tag you chose, Joe.

TrixRabbi posted:

I'm excited for Jeb! to get shut down every time he tries to make a comeback whenever Trump mocks him.

While Trump is unlikely to miss any opportunities to clown on Jeb!, I suspect he'll spend more of his time taking shots at Carson.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

DarkCrawler posted:

I want to see Jeb! dominated. I want to see tears on stage, frantic yelling, a nervous breakdown, and more. I want to see the last hope of the Bush dynasty to be made a total beta bitch in front of an international audience.

I don't think he cares enough for that to happen.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

So, this lack of any kind of seating for the public is kind of a big deal here on campus, and the counter protests are going to be thoroughly entertaining. Why they chose such a big location when they weren't going to USE any of it baffles. The 150 tickets for Students, Faculty, and Staff are given to chosen people(No public attendance as far as I can tell) and there's no kind of indication as to who is on the list or how to get on it.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

DarkCrawler posted:

I mean, there were those allegations of Trump raping his wife back in the day. Anyone know what the odds are that Trump will go all Deliverance on Jeb! on national television?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Thump! posted:

I mean, there were those allegations of Trump raping his wife back in the day. Anyone know what the odds are that Trump will go all Deliverance on Jeb! on national television?

Jeb has gayface, I'd be surprised if he doesn't go full homo at some point.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand Paul debate preview video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDbg_vLHR9I

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Atoramos posted:

Advantage: Christie

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

He better work real hard on that stump line, because that's all he's gonna have time for.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
given it's an economic debate, I'd expect outsiders with management experience (Trump, Fiorina) and insiders with management experience (i.e., govs - Jeb, Christie, Kasich) to be most aggressive talking about what MY STATE did; clowning the others for having no mgmt experience; and trying to deflect Trump legitimately pointing out that their states are disasters while wearing some combo of this face :shrug: and this one :smug: ala what he did to Scott Walker in debate 2

and whatever the line is, I take the under on rand speaking time, as the host get fed up with rants about gold and flat taxes

winners: trump, jeb, kasich, fiorina
losers: carson, huck/cruz, rand

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
final prediction: trump goes full on racist bernie and absolutely grinds the rest of the candidates on TPP and NAFTA. can't wait for this

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im pumped, the consistent lead that trump and carson have had in the polls since the last debate means bush, rubio and the rest are gonna really have to ratchet up the crazy to stand out

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DaveWoo posted:

This just in, I'm hearing from right-wing media sources that Rubio and Fiorina were the breakout stars in tonight's debate.

Hold on... Karl Rove is on Fox News saying Jeb! might still win this...

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

cool kids inc. posted:

So, this lack of any kind of seating for the public is kind of a big deal here on campus, and the counter protests are going to be thoroughly entertaining. Why they chose such a big location when they weren't going to USE any of it baffles. The 150 tickets for Students, Faculty, and Staff are given to chosen people(No public attendance as far as I can tell) and there's no kind of indication as to who is on the list or how to get on it.

I imagine this is the republican parties doing and I can understand why. They really don't want a repeat of what happened last year. A empty stadium is better than a repeating news clip of their base giving a standing ovation to "Gays shouldn't serve in military", " Women can stop legitimate rape." or "Mexicans arnt really people."

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Interesting crosspost:

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Trump is handing these out:

Looks like Trump is actually aware that he can't just ignore any poll drops that happen, and is actively working on getting himself back into first place.

Very interesting, it looks like he really is serious about fighting for his place in the Primary, and isn't just gonna give in at the first sign of his lead being in danger.

So here's your first physical proof that Trump is in this for the long haul. I'm expecting him to be more on the offensive tonight against the other candidates than he might be otherwise, and I'm especially expecting him to fight back against any insinuations that he's slipping in the polls and/or that he's a has-been.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Is Jindal still boycotting, or did he tuck his tail behind his legs and show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
tail status: tucked

• Locked thread