Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Turtlicious posted:

Who knew Trunks was into pokemon

You could just change his hair and he'd be one of the Androids...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Stella Glow is $67.09 on the Canadian eshop.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
What's the process for making your 3DS region-free? I want to play Picross 3D 2 but I am not gonna buy a Japanese 3DS just for that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Zaphod42 posted:

No, I don't think its a remake of the movies at all. It picks up the story where DBZ dropped it and pretends GT never happened. The movies are side-stories like usual. It does have a similar style to the movies though. (Still, better than GT)

Nah, they're doing a "re-telling" of those two movies. That's what the first couple of arcs are going to be. Yeah, it's lazy as gently caress.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

What's the process for making your 3DS region-free? I want to play Picross 3D 2 but I am not gonna buy a Japanese 3DS just for that.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Any one of the methods on this site. A few methods have been blocked, but the game ones seem to be permanent like Smash Stack.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tri Force Heroes is massively fun and Kotaku can blow it out their rear end.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Armor-Piercing posted:

lol and here I was thinking of buying it

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Monkey Fracas posted:

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Easier if you haven't updated your console in the last two/three weeks or so. edit: too slow.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Dehry posted:

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Any one of the methods on this site. A few methods have been blocked, but the game ones seem to be permanent like Smash Stack.

Thanks, I'll see if any of these work with the current firmware version. I haven't touched the 3DS for a while so it might be OK.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Armor-Piercing posted:

Holy poo poo that's drat near console retail game price.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't wait to experience the magic of 4D

gaminggggg thrrrrouuuuuuuugh tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimeeeeee

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

gaminggggg thrrrrouuuuuuuugh tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimeeeeee

The only gaming console that's backwards and forwards compatible

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
For you Extreme Butoden people:

A lot of unlock stuff is completely undocumented in classic Japanese adaptation fashion. To actually get to the meat of the game, you need to do this:

1- Beat Story mode with the Dragon Team
2- Beat all the other alternate Story modes (this will unlock Adventure Mode and a few Support people, and I think maybe Broly)
3- Beat all of Adventure Mode (unlocks Super Saiyan God Goku)

In Adventure Mode you can hit X on the map to pull up the Item Shop and equip items. Don't be dumb like me and not realize this and go through the whole thing using no items, the fights toward the end get pretty ridiculous, especially if you're not making heavy use of support characters.

In that same menu, there's a Character Chart option. As you unlock poo poo, it will fill in the many, many, many charts of characters and THIS will unlock all the special Titles that you can use for your premade Versus mode and Streetpass teams. You can actually make some pretty great team names...

The Extreme Tournament is hard as gently caress but if you finish it it will unlock some God named Beerus, no clue what he's from I lost track of where the anime's story went after DBZ. There's also this list of codes to unlock a bunch of hidden poo poo:

http://nintendonewsfix.com/dragon-ball-z-extreme-butoden-unlock-all-playable-characters/ (Note: you need the Great Ape code.)

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 28, 2015

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Stupid people and connection issues makes Triforce Heroes alot less fun.

I've been trying to beat the final boss for the last day now and if I get a team decent enough to get near the final boss I always lose connection in the needlessly long pre fight cutscene.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

AtlusUSA did a short livestream showing off some of Stella Glow a bit further into the game than the prologue-only demo (specifically Chapter 3):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMyiOOwAno

Armor-Piercing posted:

It's $50 here, too, which is definitely high for a handheld game. I imagine a lot of the justification for the price increase has to do with the large amount of voice acting in the game (already basically every line in the Prologue is voice acted) and any potential licensing costs (it's not an Atlus game originally), and I guess they try to make up for it with the physical bonus items they include in first runs. Still, if you can't stomach the price, I imagine you can wait a few months and Atlus will eventually have an eShop sale that will include the game, since they've done similar things for most of their other titles.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Crawfish posted:

Stupid people and connection issues makes Triforce Heroes alot less fun.

I've been trying to beat the final boss for the last day now and if I get a team decent enough to get near the final boss I always lose connection in the needlessly long pre-fight cutscene.

It really sucks. I'm working on the Challenges for that area, and other then one weird time where I had a team that managed to beat the entire Sky Temple without items or dying once, every single challenge has failed spectacularly due to connection issues or really dumb teams. It also replays all of The Lady's dialogue in that annoyingly slow crawl.

I don't even want to try Don't Break the Balloons in Hinox Mine online again. It honestly might be easier and less cumbersome in Single Player.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Atlus started pricing their own games at $50USD a while ago, and now the CAD price is even higher thanks to currency fuckery. I guess Stella Glow counts as an Atlus game because Sega owns it, hence the Atlus Tax.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

pichupal posted:

It really sucks. I'm working on the Challenges for that area, and other then one weird time where I had a team that managed to beat the entire Sky Temple without items or dying once, every single challenge has failed spectacularly due to connection issues or really dumb teams. It also replays all of The Lady's dialogue in that annoyingly slow crawl.

I don't even want to try Don't Break the Balloons in Hinox Mine online again. It honestly might be easier and less cumbersome in Single Player.

Just an fyi for challenges, but if you play them in single player you can sacrifice a fairy to skip a room. Basically, this means that you only have to beat one room to clear a challenge.

edit: Another tidbit, you can do a jumping spin attack if you charge your sword before someone throws you.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is Stella Glow good? Is it a standatd jRPG or What?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Stella Glow looks like it's basically Luminous Arc 4, which means it'll be extremely mediocre but you can choose a waifu

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's basically a generic srpg. I was going to buy it because I like generic srpgs but not for 70 bucks

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Buy mercenaries Saga 2 from the eShop, people say it's good and it costs like $5.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
50 loving dollars. The gently caress.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The physical copies are probably not selling in the numbers they would like, and they figure an extra :10bux: will cover the lost digital sales.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

Just an fyi for challenges, but if you play them in single player you can sacrifice a fairy to skip a room. Basically, this means that you only have to beat one room to clear a challenge.
If you do this though, while it will show as cleared on the mission select screen, it won't be counted on the progress board.

I skipped the first room of the second ruins level because gently caress knows how you do that flaming arrow thing without someone holding the fireball for you, and it hasn't been counted as cleared on that board.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PantsBandit posted:

Nah, they're doing a "re-telling" of those two movies. That's what the first couple of arcs are going to be. Yeah, it's lazy as gently caress.

They are doing that while doing some one and done and setting up the next major arc after the movies. It's great. Everyone should watch super it already has many of the things people wanted from a new series.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does it have Piccolo being cool and useful?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He is being cool yeah, useful uhhhhh maybe in the next arc. Which is actually perfectly set up for side characters to shine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I really like the new DBZ fighting game. I can't for the life of me S rank anything on adventure mode despite doing poo poo like ultimates and good combos and all, but still having fun. I'm also for some reason getting really good with Bardock, so at least for once goku's scrub rear end daddy can be cool.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

He is being cool yeah, useful uhhhhh maybe in the next arc. Which is actually perfectly set up for side characters to shine.

that's cool because it's kind of a bummer how pretty much every arc is just throwing people at a problem until goku gets there to solve it

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Crossposting from the eShop thread. There's a bunch of info out for the Club Nintendo replacement as well as cross-saving between games in different platforms.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Saoshyant posted:

Crossposting from the eShop thread. There's a bunch of info out for the Club Nintendo replacement as well as cross-saving between games in different platforms.

Sounds pretty lame.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I just picked up SMT:DS2RB (gently caress typing out the whole name, goodness). Any just-starting advice anyone has? The SMT games always seem to have a few things that you need to be aware of up front to prevent later game from being too frustrating.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Choose one from Str and Mag. That's your primary attack stat now. Don't bother pumping the other stat, it's dead weight.
Edit: if you get the chance to crack Auto skills (the ones that go in slot 7 for humans), always go for those.
Edit2: if you have the chance to save someone, do it ASAP. Don't dilly dally.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 29, 2015

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Finished the Stella Glow demo, pretty mediocre. Nothing really special about the game, however I have absolutely nothing to play right now and I would have probably bought it had it been out now and not in the same week as Fallout 4 and Starwars Battlefront.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Choose one from Str and Mag. That's your primary attack stat now. Don't bother pumping the other stat, it's dead weight.
Edit: if you get the chance to crack Auto skills (the ones that go in slot 7 for humans), always go for those.

AGI is arguably as important if not moreso than STR if you're going for STR. Some of the most broken skills in the game are AGI-dependent.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

Does all this apply for Devil Survivor Overclocked as well?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Spoderman posted:

Does all this apply for Devil Survivor Overclocked as well?

No that game really wants you to do a MAG build since you're only allowed to give Pierce to one character, which allows physical attacks to completely bypass all physical resistances except for repel. That wouldn't really affect your build if not for the fact that lategame physical resistances are super common and you always have one dedicated physical character, so you might as well put him to use, especially on routes where you're stuck with very limited party composition. DeSu1 in general is slightly less min-maxy than the sequel though and you do sometimes need multiple stats to meet the threshold to use certain skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

I'm interested in getting Yo-Kai Watch and Stella Glow.. would the Yo-Kai 2DS bundle be worth it?