Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How do I actually use the outfit system? I liked the Imperial Agent gear I had after Ilum and all the stuff I picked up on Makeb looks dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How do I actually use the outfit system? I liked the Imperial Agent gear I had after Ilum and all the stuff I picked up on Makeb looks dumb.

If you still have the gear, you "equip" it on an outfit number so you can lock in the look. You can buy more slots with credits, and you can change between outfits instantly. I do it all the time on my sith warrior! Mostly so I can get it to stop having my cloak go through my sternum and make every cutscene awkward.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

prefect posted:

Shadows of Revan is a weird expansion with the increased experience they give out. I was level 59 after doing the solo flashpoints, and level 60 very shortly after landing on Rishi. Also, I now look like a sea captain. :buddy:

The Rishi assault cannon for the Trooper is an actual cannon, and I'm really sad it still fired the gatling blaster bolts instead of big blasterballs.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

You can delete a 60 as long as it's not 61 and get your token back.

If you're gonna do that, might as well fly to Odessen and grab the Legacy goods from both droids before you delete.

How far into FE will it let me fly to Odessen? Also, can I use 60s to unlock legacy races?

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 29, 2015

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Couldn't find this anywhere, but can I just get the non recurring sub and still get KotFE?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Lyer posted:

Couldn't find this anywhere, but can I just get the non recurring sub and still get KotFE?

You'll get it for the duration of the sub, in ~1 day I will find out what we keep when the sub ends.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So tomorrow Explosive Conflict is in group finder and I HAVE to see how badly it's been nerfed. 8pm EDT. If we get enough interested people we can do it 16m to Kephess and then split for group finder rewards.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Medullah posted:

So tomorrow Explosive Conflict is in group finder and I HAVE to see how badly it's been nerfed. 8pm EDT. If we get enough interested people we can do it 16m to Kephess and then split for group finder rewards.

dibs on Kephess customization if it drops

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

waffledoodle posted:

Added to my list. I have much bigger problems with the guild window (like WHY THE gently caress ARE THERE TWO OF THEM) that I'm hoping we can address soon, especially since pop keeps going up. I've only been on SWTOR for a little over a year, so half of the fun of my job is hearing about bugs for the first time that players are like "yeah that poo poo was broke in 2011 lol."

edit: oops, I guess you're talking about the /who search popup. GOT IT

I've seen plenty of requests for this, so I'll push for it in our planning sessions. It's a "proper" feature which means people have to approve it and poo poo before we throw devs at it. In the meantime, sounds like I should study up on FF14's implementation.

how about let's get the ability to increase the font point on ITEM tooltips first

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
dear UI designer

please add some sort of command through which i can order pizza

sincerely

pizza emoji

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm guessing it's too built into the engine, but it'd be nice if when a cutscene ended in a battle I didn't need to sit there waiting for my abilities and enemies to load.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

So I just picked up the game again recently after quitting about six months out, and my authenticator has left me a nice little bundle of cartel coins to spend. I've got a few questions about getting back in, though.

1) HK-51 and Treek aren't the must-haves they used to be now that companions are more versatile, right? I definitely want to get these guys eventually, but if I don't have to blow a few thousand CCs right out of the gate it'll be nice.

2) I'm hearing that starting Galactic Starfighter is basically getting curbed for a week or so until you get off the bottom rung. Do any of the CC purchases help with that? I see I can buy ships; are there any significant advantages to those purchases, or are they mostly cosmetic?

3) Where does the story pick up at 50? I got hit with a barrage of panels and emails and quests and poo poo when I started back up and I don't think I was paying enough attention. Last I remember I was doing dailies on Ilum. It's Rise of the Hutts next, right?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've seen people selling decorations from Star Fortress on the GTN, usually for big money... but I don't understand how. When I first get them, they have a bind timer, and I can't list them because it says they're "bound." If i let the timer run down, can't sell it because it says it's bound. If i put it in the legacy bank and pull it out on a different character, can't sell it because it's bound. If I mail it to an alt while the bind timer is still ticking, the timer will go away, but it still says it's bound.

Clearly these things are not actually bound because I can freely send them between alts, and they're not bind-to-legacy because other people are selling them. How the gently caress are they doing that? What is the trick here?

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

kazmeyer posted:

So I just picked up the game again recently after quitting about six months out, and my authenticator has left me a nice little bundle of cartel coins to spend. I've got a few questions about getting back in, though.

1) HK-51 and Treek aren't the must-haves they used to be now that companions are more versatile, right? I definitely want to get these guys eventually, but if I don't have to blow a few thousand CCs right out of the gate it'll be nice.

2) I'm hearing that starting Galactic Starfighter is basically getting curbed for a week or so until you get off the bottom rung. Do any of the CC purchases help with that? I see I can buy ships; are there any significant advantages to those purchases, or are they mostly cosmetic?

3) Where does the story pick up at 50? I got hit with a barrage of panels and emails and quests and poo poo when I started back up and I don't think I was paying enough attention. Last I remember I was doing dailies on Ilum. It's Rise of the Hutts next, right?

1. All companions are very powerful right now if you have high influence with them, HK and Treek are no longer special.

2. There aren't any CC purchases that help GSF very much (they only unlock a ship that's equivalent to one you can get with the 5k fleet requisition for playing once). GSF is not nearly as gear-dependent as regular pvp, you'll be at a disadvantage 1v1 but you can do pretty well just fighting at objectives even with a new ship. And at least on the JC server I see a lot of new players on both sides and half of them are really bad at it so you'll probably be fine.

3. If you've finished the Ilum flashpoints (there are solo modes now), you should be able to start Rise of the Hutt Cartel on a mission terminal on your ship. The terminal also gives you a list of chapters to go through in order.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hutt Cartel isn't great (do once), Shadow of Revan is quite good so far for me, so if Hutt bums you out don't give up on the story.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Anyone know why a CC armor set I bought the claim thing for back before 4.0 now won't let me claim it on anyone?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Anyone know if it's possible to (major Agent spoilers) become both the Hand of Jadus and a Republic double agent? My sniper wishes to weave one hell of a tangled web. :cool:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Slim Killington posted:

Anyone know why a CC armor set I bought the claim thing for back before 4.0 now won't let me claim it on anyone?

Are you checking it on the same character you used to buy it? I ran into that once and it was because I was on the wrong character. The little claim window apparently is not account wide.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cross-Section posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to (major Agent spoilers) become both the Hand of Jadus and a Republic double agent? My sniper wishes to weave one hell of a tangled web. :cool:

I think so. Becoming the Hand of Jadus is tied to siding with Jadus in Act 1, becoming a Republic double agent means never betraying any of the Republic people in Act 2, not killing Ardun Kothe, and giving the Black Codex to the Republic at the end of Act 3.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Spaseman posted:

Do I unlock all the expansions permanently if I sub for just one ($15) month? If so, why is the Shadow of Revan expansion still for individual sale on the sw:tor site for $19.99?

Also, if I create a character with a race that is locked away from ftp accounts during my sub month, will I still be able to play that character after that month ends?

My subscription just lapsed, the answer is yes to both questions, I can access Yavin with my 60 character (though she was already on it when the sub ended, it may be I can't fly there), and my Pureblood Sith character is also playable.

EDIT: And KotFE works for me too! At least the level 60 character token does. Excellent.

Airspace fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 29, 2015

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Bruceski posted:

How far into FE will it let me fly to Odessen? Also, can I use 60s to unlock legacy races?

You can fly to Odessen immediately, but it costs 3k credits and if you 60 boost you have 0 credits, so it's a bit tricky and weird.

You cannot, no.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

If you still have the gear, you "equip" it on an outfit number so you can lock in the look. You can buy more slots with credits, and you can change between outfits instantly. I do it all the time on my sith warrior! Mostly so I can get it to stop having my cloak go through my sternum and make every cutscene awkward.

If you think that's bad, try running around in high level Agent gear. It's pretty much just running around in your underwear.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 29, 2015

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

So I just came back for the first time in years. I spent the $15 to re-sub and get all the expansions, loaded up my lvl 50 bounty hunter and planned to start Rise of the Hutt Cartel, except it's broken. My holo communicator in my ship doesn't do anything despite glowing. I can get to the makeb station, but it won't let me on the planet and there are no quests. Is this poo poo broken or am I missing something? I don't want to start a fresh 60 if I can avoid it as I'd like to see Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I've heard that you now need to be level 51 to start RotHC.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Promethium posted:

This is how it was for me, but I've also heard that having finished Ilum's story arc (possibly including the flashpoints?) works too.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Jesus. Logged in and did a batch of space missions, because that's one of the few things I remember -- you don't want to know how long it took me to find my way off Nar Shaddaa without using a fleet pass -- and I'm already 52 on my smuggler. They're certainly making things easier for us out there.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I am ready to kill things with fire and stuff. I knew this free 60 wouldn't be a waste.

also i will start bothering you guys for invites now

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Promethium posted:

Getting to 51 worked. Thanks.

Also is the game just really laggy in general now, or is there some trick? It seems the input on my skills is incredibly sluggish. It takes 2+ seconds for my guy to do anything after I select a skill.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Thumbtacks posted:

I am ready to kill things with fire and stuff. I knew this free 60 wouldn't be a waste.

also i will start bothering you guys for invites now

Wait poo poo, why didn't I think of using my 60 on a bounty hunter? I've been waffling over whether or not I want to skip the Inquisitor class story, but I super don't care about the BH story. It's perfect!

Merc vs powertech may take me a while, though :ohdear:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've seen people selling decorations from Star Fortress on the GTN, usually for big money... but I don't understand how. When I first get them, they have a bind timer, and I can't list them because it says they're "bound." If i let the timer run down, can't sell it because it says it's bound. If i put it in the legacy bank and pull it out on a different character, can't sell it because it's bound. If I mail it to an alt while the bind timer is still ticking, the timer will go away, but it still says it's bound.

Clearly these things are not actually bound because I can freely send them between alts, and they're not bind-to-legacy because other people are selling them. How the gently caress are they doing that? What is the trick here?
I'm also curious about this, if anyone has the answer.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Servers are down again for further patching, right in my prime-time. drat Americanos! :P

So, once you hit 65, Heroics only drop crates for the KotFE expansion? I ran through a few earlier, and didnt get anything but those. Was hoping that I'd be able to score a 200 mainhand. Guess I might have to finish off Rishi and Ziost and start on the expansion.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Moreau posted:

Servers are down again for further patching, right in my prime-time. drat Americanos! :P

So, once you hit 65, Heroics only drop crates for the KotFE expansion? I ran through a few earlier, and didnt get anything but those. Was hoping that I'd be able to score a 200 mainhand. Guess I might have to finish off Rishi and Ziost and start on the expansion.

Just 1 hour to get more servers running.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Moreau posted:

It's up to 178 blue gear until level 61, after that it's all KOTFE crates. You can get a 208 mainhand from heroic star fortress runs/tactical FPs or a 204 from the warzone PVP vendor.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Servers are up

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

It's up to 178 blue gear until level 61, after that it's all KOTFE crates. You can get a 208 mainhand from heroic star fortress runs/tactical FPs or a 204 from the warzone PVP vendor.

To my shame, I havent even started KOTFE yet, so I guess I'll just store the crates. Cant hurt. Its the barrel really, the rest is fairly easy to attain. I'll have to see whats available for my Armstech.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Moreau posted:

To my shame, I havent even started KOTFE yet, so I guess I'll just store the crates. Cant hurt. Its the barrel really, the rest is fairly easy to attain. I'll have to see whats available for my Armstech.

Sadly you won't craft any good barrels or hilts from the get go as an Armstech. You'd have to RE a drop from Ops. You can craft a pretty good mainhand weapon (non-modable) but you'd be stuck with its skin/color crystal.

Storing the crates is a good idea since you'll need a lot of those if you intend to grind a particular set of influence, post chapter 9 of KOTFE.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dexo posted:

dibs on Kephess customization if it drops

I think it only drops in nightmare mode, but I'll be fighting tooth and nail for it if it does drop. That went from a "eh kinda cool" drop to "HOLY poo poo NEED" with KOTFE. :)

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Intended to start the story last night and dabble in it, maybe getting chapter 1 done. Instead I'm now on chapter 4 because this is really good.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
Anyone else having trouble getting to the character selection screen? I can log in just fine but then it just perpetually loads with the KOTFE splash screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I have the same problem and I have no idea how people are listing them on the GTN.

• Locked thread