Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Haha the Nightfury recipe is insane. If you want something unique and have a ton of cash, here ya go http://dulfy.net/2015/10/28/gw2-nightfury-halloween-shoulders-recipe/

I already got an unopened endless brew bottle and a tattered bat wing from bags. Now to consider selling them as the price spikes or building the shoulders myself...

vvv :stare: Do I want to be a spooky princess or do I want cash monies...?

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

The endless batwing potions were ~118g before this dropped, I just checked them and they're now 650-700g. Enjoy!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What's the best course of action when it comes to excess materials for someone who doesn't have the :10bux: to spend on material and bank expansions? I'm honestly a bit peeved at it since there's so little space available and so many things that take up space (even more with the expansion), it feels like the scummy "oh, it's free to play, you just gotta pay if you want to keep your items" that you expect from mobile games. There's so much stuff that's account bound too, so I can't even sell it :geno:

e: even stuff like boosters. I was so happy with the Boost Enchantment Powder, but even with it I still have eight different types of boosters taking up space. Ugh, I'm so mad at video games :(

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 28, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

AzureSkye posted:

The endless batwing potions were ~118g before this dropped, I just checked them and they're now 650-700g. Enjoy!

Are you loving serious, I have one of those sitting in my bank I don't use....

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Your Computer posted:

What's the best course of action when it comes to excess materials for someone who doesn't have the :10bux: to spend on material and bank expansions? I'm honestly a bit peeved at it since there's so little space available and so many things that take up space (even more with the expansion), it feels like the scummy "oh, it's free to play, you just gotta pay if you want to keep your items" that you expect from mobile games. There's so much stuff that's account bound too, so I can't even sell it :geno:

e: even stuff like boosters. I was so happy with the Boost Enchantment Powder, but even with it I still have eight different types of boosters taking up space. Ugh, I'm so mad at video games :(

Are you talking about crafting mats? In that case, refine them if possible, which will at least give you time until your material storage fills up with refined mats.

If it's stuff you can't salvage, can't sell on the TP and can't sell to vendors... well, destroy it if it's nothing useful. :shrug: If it's things that could be useful, get a 15, 18 or 20 slot invisible bag and stick it in there.

If it's stuff that you can use, then use it! Especially boosters. The bonuses are so minor that it doesn't really matter if you have them or not. (Except crafting boosters. Those are useful if you're leveling a crafting discipline.)

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the precursor stuff would be sorta fine if there wasn't a tier dedicated entirely to just making, like, 500 of the same loving thing just to hand to an npc

who greenlit that

Class collection rewards are the Real Legendary Weapon Quests.

I'm betting precursor crafting hit price equilibrium with AHing one in a month.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are you loving serious, I have one of those sitting in my bank I don't use....

If its unopened you've got yourself a payday. The whole thing together is over 3k to craft. 1.8k of that is just flax.

e: ^^^ it already is. Some guy on reddit made the colossus and only saved 60g on what he would have spent on the AH, plus theres the time he spent doing the collections.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Store some on your alts that you don't play. I don't know if it is still possible but you could have made your own guild and constructed guild storage.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Azazell0 posted:

I'm annoyed with the whole Bladed coat now. They should just award it to people who finish T4 Verdant brink, but instead they gate it behind RNG again. I mean, come on. There are TWO new armor sets on a drat expansion pack. And the chestpiece is gated by random once again. They really changed their strategy from core where you could get all kinds of great sets just by playing the game.

Wait, how do you get the new chest armors?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AzureSkye posted:

e: ^^^ it already is. Some guy on reddit made the colossus and only saved 60g on what he would have spent on the AH, plus theres the time he spent doing the collections.

Sucks to be me, I want the Nevermore and the precursor crafting is the only way to get it.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

malhavok posted:

Ley stuff is from the dragon's stand chain, bladed I am not sure.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

LiftAuff posted:

Store some on your alts that you don't play. I don't know if it is still possible but you could have made your own guild and constructed guild storage.

You can't store account bound stuff in a guild bank, and the vast majority of stuff you'd bank is account bound.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

AzureSkye posted:

If its unopened you've got yourself a payday. The whole thing together is over 3k to craft. 1.8k of that is just flax.

If I used it once it would be account bound wouldn't it

God loving dammit gently caress it all to hell

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

malhavok posted:

The word is that the bladed coat is a (random) reward from the Verdant brink meta-event endchest (Tier 4). I haven't heard or seen many people that actually have it which speaks something about the droprate.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Cash shop talk reminds me, are there any subscription options on offer at all a la SWTOR?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Whelp, someone will be grinding out masteries in lab for the next few days.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Cash shop talk reminds me, are there any subscription options on offer at all a la SWTOR?

No. GW2 is B2P (Buy To Play) vs SWTOR which is F2P, totally different systems.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Lyer posted:

Whelp, someone will be grinding out masteries in lab for the next few days.

You don't get mastery credit in any halloween content unless that just got changed.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

AzureSkye posted:

You don't get mastery credit in any halloween content unless that just got changed.

They said they wouldn't/couldn't change it while it's live, since it might mess too many things up. Something to do with how XP is granted, I guess, they didn't really give details. So it hasn't changed, still no mastery XP from the Halloween stuff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Xae posted:

Class collection rewards are the Real Legendary Weapon Quests.

I'm betting precursor crafting hit price equilibrium with AHing one in a month.

i mean, sure, but i actually looked forward to the weird collection stuff they were talking about. the tiers of the precursor stuff that aren't just 'make a shitload of one thing' are actually neat. third tier of making colossus involves getting hit with weird poo poo while under the effect of a certain status effect, which sounded fun.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Any suggestions for gathering trick or treat bags? Preferably something that is fun and not some dumb farming technique.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i mean, sure, but i actually looked forward to the weird collection stuff they were talking about. the tiers of the precursor stuff that aren't just 'make a shitload of one thing' are actually neat. third tier of making colossus involves getting hit with weird poo poo while under the effect of a certain status effect, which sounded fun.

Yeah, I picked up first tier of meteorlogicus for something to do. Have to go to beaches at sunset, stand in some graveyard fog, get some stuff from elementals etc.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

rip bat shoulders

Kind of boggles the mind they'd lock that up behind what boils down to 5 super rare drops. Everything else is whatever, you could do it over the course of the year, but the time sensiitve mats is what sucks.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

xZAOx posted:

Any suggestions for gathering trick or treat bags? Preferably something that is fun and not some dumb farming technique.

You can get between 5-10 per Clock Tower run if you grab all the chests when they respawn and you get to the top each time. Takes about a minute or two per run.
You get around 12-15 per Ascent of Madness run too, plus a chance for unique materials. That's about 5 minutes per run.
The best way is also the most boring/grindy, which is joining a Labyrinth train and doing doors. You'll get a bag every couple of enemies, and they'll be dying fast with a sizeable train. Plus you can get the large bags from the bosses too.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

I hit 100% completion on Verdant Brink, didn't get any map completion reward.

Did they bug it when they swapped the two Hero Points?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Xae posted:

I hit 100% completion on Verdant Brink, didn't get any map completion reward.

Did they bug it when they swapped the two Hero Points?

Do you have world completion already? Because if you complete a HoT map with world completion you get nothing. It's a really great bug!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I feel like the collection-precursoring makes some solid sense if you're starting from zero, with none of the other three components either (gift of fortune, et al). Something to work on while you're farming karma for obsidian shards or whatever.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Warrior has always been this way, really. Think about the difficulty of Mesmer or Ele or Engi and now Rev: all involve complex switching in and out of things, planning moves based on the result of previous moves, etc. Warrior is very elementary to pull off successfully because of how simple it is, so making it less powerful makes sense.

Ah that sucks, I was hoping for a good brawly feel with focus on stuff like dashes, jumps, immobilizes etc rather than Fancy styled stuff with teleports and crap, fast weapon swapping like that, but I did notice the physical skills were stupid and useless and most builds revolve around just stances or passive stuff. I also didn't find Engineer to be difficult or hard, they just had a large number of buttons, there weren't weird or arcane mechanics to master really. Is there another class that would fit into the warrior dream well? Daredevil seemed kind of neat (but it's just an elite spec), and I hear Revenant is cool too.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Solumin posted:

The new Viper's stat set (Condition Damage, Power, Precision, Expertise (condition duration)) could supersede Sinister for some of these builds. From what I've seen, you trade a little bit of Condition Damage* and Precision for more Power and Condition Duration. It's pretty attractive if you have direct damage. I'm planning on outfitting my Reaper with Viper's weapons and trinkets, which when combined with the condition duration foods (which have been nerfed) will give ~50% condition duration. Add in Runes of Grenth for 100% Chill duration!

*I'm not entirely sure of the numbers, but the 4-stat sets have ~85% main stats compared to the regular 3-stat sets. So an Ascended Sinister pistol has 125 Condition Damage/90 Power/90 Precision, while an Ascended Viper's pistol has 108 Condition Damage, 108 Power, 59 Precision, 59 Expertise.

Thanks for pointing that out. I saw that the Viper's weapon I had actually had more stats but I didnt put two an two together that it was for condition duration. According to the wiki, 15 points of Expertise gives 1% condi duration. Just comparing two broadswords, it looks like they're a bit of a toss-up. You trade crit chance for power, and the extra duration comes just shy of matching the extra condition damage.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
All right I'm debating between putting a Mesmer, Thief, or Necro through HOT--yes I realize maxing out HPs is pretty easy now, but which class will be the most fun--I don't really feel like running through everything 3 times in a row. I like pressing lots of buttons, not being completely braindead, and being effective.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

ItBurns posted:

Thanks for pointing that out. I saw that the Viper's weapon I had actually had more stats but I didnt put two an two together that it was for condition duration. According to the wiki, 15 points of Expertise gives 1% condi duration. Just comparing two broadswords, it looks like they're a bit of a toss-up. You trade crit chance for power, and the extra duration comes just shy of matching the extra condition damage.
I'm not sure if I'm right about this since I haven't tested it or anything but since the condi duration food got nerfed to 20% I think if you use Viper weapons/armour (21% condi duration, less condi damage/precision but more power than Sinister) and sinister trinkets you'll go back to the old condi duration builds were using. It'll probably be a good mix for P/P engineers and Dhuumfire Reapers but I'd imagine it won't be good on the classes that have poor power scaling on their weapons like Mace Revenants.

e: exotic gear used as the comparison. If you're in ascended you can probably leave a few of your armour pieces as Sinister instead.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

This game is pretty.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

So now that we have passed to a new anime world, how are the animes doing?

Still kawaii.

Still sugoi.

Still anime as hell.

Beautiful.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Did that patch make anybody else stick on the zone loading screen?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I keep getting a "Network Error" pop up when I try to log on a character after downloading the latest patch.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

rhoga posted:

So now that we have passed to a new anime world, how are the animes doing?

Still kawaii.

Still sugoi.

Still anime as hell.

Beautiful.

You are doing the Lord's work.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Tritto on "can't log back in after restart".

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

anet decided to kill off gw2

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I got a purple and gold shield for my mesmer so I had to update her dye scheme. It looks pretty cool (and a steal last night at 20g) but I still have my fingers cross for a "Berserker's Ley Guard's Protector." edit: also holding out for those blue dragonfly wings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

anet decided to kill off gw2

Anet's takin' the money and runnin.

• Locked thread