Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Carol Pizzamom posted:

that's pretty much perfect except for jdm what the gently caress

an american??

I'm taking the crazy bo1 matchup coming up and how dig vs clg is a total wtf tossup-matchup to begin with into consideration. He had some amazing clutches today. I'm just hoping his back doesn't break tomorrow so it's risky

I can't decide to go for vexed or c9 though my american roots will betray me AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE

Can't wait for the actual bo3s to start though, then I can actually not guess on picks constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
You can basically prestige now in csgo. Resetting your rank for a service medal badge. How dumb.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
That's been a thing since they added the XP levels.

You're several months late on this installation of WE COD NOW BOYS I'm afraid.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
wow i didn't realize that

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kazinsal posted:

That's been a thing since they added the XP levels.

You're several months late on this installation of WE COD NOW BOYS I'm afraid.

I had never noticed it, maybe I was never high enough level but who cares about a stupid service medal you get from just queuing in games. It takes no skill to get one. Plus ranking up doesn't matter either, other than drops

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Olofmeister killed me. 6 points.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Olofmeister killed me. 6 points.

I'm looking at ppl on reddit's picks and they make zero sense beforehand so I think fantasy picking is a total diceroll

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Xenaero posted:

I'm looking at ppl on reddit's picks and they make zero sense beforehand so I think fantasy picking is a total diceroll

Like any fantasy sport, yes it is all luck

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Can't say I'm displeased with my roster that doesn't have expensive players behind it (well, I got lucky with allu)

I am glad that there is a mechanic that can make some of these things suddenly very valuable. It does a good job of pushing attention onto players.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 29, 2015

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Shot a quick email to security@valvesoftware.com

This is what trade confirmation emails look like in plaintext:

This is what they look like with HTML enabled:

Traditionally, plaintext means you can see all of the text.

I also filed a ticket at the suggestion of a friend who had been scammed and got the trade reversed. I don't expect anything either way but I do think the plaintext email is a security issue.

:shrug:

Please don't feel bad for me and offer me pity skins, all of the money that went into these skins came from my esports betting research fund. I expected to lose them one way or another. I'm not really that upset, I'd be worried if I was. It's mildly amusing because banks make the same mistakes. Thankfully this is only clown dollars

Edit: okay I'll take these pity skins they're really nice thanks :3:

Using this trade to highlight another small, but important UX oversight: when the window is the "wrong" size, it's easy to miss the top of the window where all the warnings are. I think the steam profile URL should also be included in the trade URL somehow for maximum visibility.

conversation piece fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 29, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

nftyw posted:

Can't say I'm displeased with my roster that doesn't have expensive players behind it (well, I got lucky with allu)

I am glad that there is a mechanic that can make some of these things suddenly very valuable. It does a good job of pushing attention onto players.

Taz got Blue Steel going on.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I suckkkkkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0QZvUk7pYw

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Taz got Blue Steel going on.

lol hell yea

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Post your favorite new surfing jam itt https://soundcloud.com/brainfeeder/iglooghost-xiangjiao1

Edit: we really gotta practice this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNZluC7wgLw

conversation piece fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 29, 2015

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

conversation piece posted:

Shot a quick email to security@valvesoftware.com

This is what trade confirmation emails look like in plaintext:

This is what they look like with HTML enabled:

Traditionally, plaintext means you can see all of the text.

I also filed a ticket at the suggestion of a friend who had been scammed and got the trade reversed. I don't expect anything either way but I do think the plaintext email is a security issue.

:shrug:

Please don't feel bad for me and offer me pity skins, all of the money that went into these skins came from my esports betting research fund. I expected to lose them one way or another. I'm not really that upset, I'd be worried if I was. It's mildly amusing because banks make the same mistakes. Thankfully this is only clown dollars

Edit: okay I'll take these pity skins they're really nice thanks :3:

Using this trade to highlight another small, but important UX oversight: when the window is the "wrong" size, it's easy to miss the top of the window where all the warnings are. I think the steam profile URL should also be included in the trade URL somehow for maximum visibility.

I'm confused, how did you get scammed?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Apogee15 posted:

I'm guessing it was one of those things where paypal or some other thing was involved where you can't directly trade your pixel thing for their pixel things.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Apogee15 posted:

read the previous post #stealhammer

Edit: Already got a reply!

security@valvesoftware.com posted:

Thanks,

We'll look into improving the plaintext version of this email. You are definitely
correct that it's missing some important details the HTML version contains.

John McCaskey

conversation piece fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 29, 2015

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Cancelling your reload animation doesn't let you shoot earlier than just letting it play, but everyone does it anyway.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Buck Turgidson posted:

Cancelling your reload animation doesn't let you shoot earlier than just letting it play, but everyone does it anyway.

Sometimes not looking vulnerable is more important than not actually being vulnerable. *puffs up chest*

If you're going to sleep, do it now. 6.5 hours until Vexed vs Cloud9

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sometimes not looking vulnerable is more important than not actually being vulnerable. *puffs up chest*

If you're going to sleep, do it now. 6.5 hours until Vexed vs Cloud9
I might as well just be a dumbass again and stay up all night even though it was totally not worth it in the end.

e:

C9 take my energy.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 29, 2015

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
something something :rip: fangays kappa

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Buck Turgidson posted:

this is incredibly false. take a look at the famas.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Smithereens posted:

https://youtu.be/m5crwOnT-NA

Someone in the comments called him out for being wrong too. Then they edited their comment to say they were mistaken and you still don't save time by quick switching.

It's good for unzooming, or cancelling a reload.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Brother?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Smithereens posted:

That got fixed like 2 years ago dude (unless they broke it later, wouldn't be surprised)

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'll probably poo poo my pants if liquid wins

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

The Ferret King posted:

https://youtu.be/m5crwOnT-NA

Someone in the comments called him out for being wrong too. Then they edited their comment to say they were mistaken and you still don't save time by quick switching.

It's good for unzooming, or cancelling a reload.

Buck Turgidson posted:

That got fixed like 2 years ago dude (unless they broke it later, wouldn't be surprised)

uh, i'm probably wrong. i just like making posts while i'm in the bathroom. i didn't watch the video but i also dont want to test it out myself so im takin the easy way out

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Same but VP over Titan and Envy over Na'Vi.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

I'll probably poo poo my pants if liquid wins

A collective NA pants dump will occur if that happens.

Emmerdeur
Jun 28, 2008

Rofl. So I opened the cluj napoca stream last night before I went to bed, just got back from work with two cbble cases and a dust II case in my inventory. I've watched every major with drops so far and had one Dust II case to show for it. Do I sit on these cbble crates? The older ones seem a fair bit more valuable.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Given that there are still thousands of cobble cases sitting around from last event, cobble cases will probably sit at $20 and slowly dip as stupid people willing to throw away $20 of potential for a gold-stickered common item fall into bankrupcy and more and more people try to undercut each other. They likely won't make a big comeback unless something big happens like souvenirs being allowed for trade-ups or an alteration to the souvenir packages occur like StatTraks starting to appear from them; two tournaments ago you could sell a cobble case for $40 so prices have gone down and I doubt there is any real reason for them to go up, and there are only going to be more souvenir packages dropping in the coming days. My recommendation is to sell.

e: Unless you actually were meaning to open it in which case good luck!! I think there was someone in this thread that managed to get something ridiculous from one.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 29, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Nerds in suits.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
guys, i dont get it. i try SO hard to win my games but my team keeps bringing me down. i know that im the best player by far but we still lose. i can't even get 1 game won towrds getting a rank! can some1 watch my demo and see this star in action. i dont thinmk im doing ANYTHING wrong but we couldn't get a single round t-side mirage

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-zYDzO-6okEp-F7csa-TLwJm-mtLMB

:ninja: im meme master btw

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Wake the gently caress up nerds it's time to CLUJ!!!!!!!!!!

I actually got woken up by a freak storm in LA, wind is rattling all my blinds like maracas or some poo poo

http://www.hltv.org/match/2298947-vexed-cloud9-dreamhack-open-cluj-napoca-2015

All the cool kids will be hanging out in sub.io steam chat for realtime reactions

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Demostrs posted:

guys, i dont get it. i try SO hard to win my games but my team keeps bringing me down. i know that im the best player by far but we still lose. i can't even get 1 game won towrds getting a rank! can some1 watch my demo and see this star in action. i dont thinmk im doing ANYTHING wrong but we couldn't get a single round t-side mirage

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-zYDzO-6okEp-F7csa-TLwJm-mtLMB

:ninja: im meme master btw

UGH ur crosshair placement is ATROCIOUS (see rnds 1-16) i suggest u check out THE WAROWL videos on youtube for learning how to play the game of COUNTER_STRIKE; GLOBO FEENSIVE

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smithereens posted:

UGH ur crosshair placement is ATROCIOUS (see rnds 1-16) i suggest u check out THE WAROWL videos on youtube for learning how to play the game of COUNTER_STRIKE; GLOBO FEENSIVE

no need to be a hate r dude i just wanted people to see me OWn

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
24/7 de_cbble https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=cobble&src=typd

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Choke9 time oh boy

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I never thought I'd do this, but I picked Liquid and CLG over NiP and dignitas. Anyone else feeling NA has it today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone else feel like the current makeup of C9 has a lot riding on this match? I hope I'm wrong and I hope they keep striving for continuity and cohesion but...oh boy I'm feeling the jitters.

• Locked thread