Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Only played a few matches, but I'm digging the flow of them a lot. Seems good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I mean you're already watching the entrances and took the time to make or download a super-accurate Nakamura. Don't stop there and ruin the immersion by giving him Brie Mode as a theme.

Alternatively exclusively give him Brie Mode as a theme.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It surprises me that you guys actually sit through the entrances.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

It surprises me that you guys actually sit through the entrances.

Even if you don't there's run ins and victories.

e: and the royal rumble

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 28, 2015

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Had a referee throw out a match because I kicked too much rear end when I broke out and beat down Seth Rollins before the match. Can you have KO victories based on just beating the hell out of an opponent still? I remember that was a thing once.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I spent some time doing a proof of concept version of Asuka yesterday to see what was up with creating characters, and women in particular. It's on the the servers now and is an older getup, as I didn't have time to get her wild zebra print textures yet. The face stuff takes some, work, and on digital download PS4 it seems that the skin texture gets covered in green pixels that kind of look like glitter, as I add more stuff to the character, but it fixes when I edit the skin tone, I don't know if that would carry over into game play.

There are not enough gear parts in the women section for doing some things I might want to do, and wrapping textures around a body part is irritating because the textures fade out after a short distance, meaning you need like three line textures just to get around an arm or a leg. This is irritating because there still is a limit on the amount of parts you can use, and I hit it making her.

Hair types are no longer universal, so women are stuck with women's hair and cant get into the guys stuff.

All around though, the game plays well. The new flow is more interesting than it had been on last gen, and so for the first time in a while I actually enjoy playing with my dolls rather than just making them look good.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Tonfa posted:

Even if you don't there's run ins and victories.

e: and the royal rumble

Game needs a New Jack feature that lets you blast a theme through the entire match.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sticklefifer posted:

Game needs a New Jack feature that lets you blast a theme through the entire match.

Well that's something you could easily do yourself :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm terrible at the creation interface, someone help me out here:

Say I wanted to create alternate attires for Rollins and Ambrose in case I end up reuniting The Shield in Universe Mode or whatnot. Is that a thing I can do without overwriting their default attires? Is there any easy way to get the alternates like downloading them? I noticed Seth's Shield Entrance is in the game, apparently?

Also not having custom music again is kinda booty, but I love the rest of the game.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
You should've all waited for the PC version where custom themes can be modded in.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

You should've all waited for the PC version where custom themes can be modded in.

I don't have a PC suited for gaming, jerk. :mad:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Say I wanted to create alternate attires for Rollins and Ambrose in case I end up reuniting The Shield in Universe Mode or whatnot. Is that a thing I can do without overwriting their default attires? Is there any easy way to get the alternates like downloading them? I noticed Seth's Shield Entrance is in the game, apparently?

Also not having custom music again is kinda booty, but I love the rest of the game.
Alternate attires don't replace the originals. They take up a CAW slot (of which there are 100), and can be downloaded. Unless Finn Balor is unique, i'd imagine there is an option to set PPV attire.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Alternate attires are always the first things people work on, so you'll see a bunch of good ones pop up for download over the next week or so. You can go to smacktalks.org or caws.ws and check their forums to see what some people are working on, and what creators and tags to search for. It's sparse now, but people are still figuring out the creation suite.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Can you do an all women's show in Universe?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Awesome, thanks dudes!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I was able to make my cat as a wrestler therefore this is a good game

coconono posted:

Can you do an all women's show in Universe?

Supposedly you can, I remember them saying something about that on twitter pre-release but I haven't tried it yet.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Have the amount of universe cutscenes increased since 2K14? They have been scarce since the beginning and they claim they increased the amount of instances. If I build to a title fight, do the cutscenes actually build up the story, or is it still fighting every week on Raw?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
alright if it isn't that bad i guess i'll try it

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
My PSN is Geektox if anyone wants to invade myCareer™ or whatever

I love how the entrance theme labelled "Chinese Patriot" is just some generic rear end tanggu drums and poo poo. It'd be pretty ballin' if they actually had the national anthem in here

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

https://twitter.com/RealDarkDragon/status/659522848990564352

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I wish there was a way to speed up matches in MyCareer, I'm sick of matches taking 2-3 finishers to win.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Sky Shadowing posted:

I wish there was a way to speed up matches in MyCareer, I'm sick of matches taking 2-3 finishers to win.

At the bottom usually there is a toggle for Momentum, setting that to fast makes everything do more damage/build meter quicker. Not 100% sure if that is in my career though or just in exhibition matches.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

No toggle for mycareer, I just assumed it was a result of new CAWs having incredibly low power stats. If there are two things you can say about the mode, one is that Yukes took criticism of the last game's timeline into account by drawing it out such that it takes a few 4-star match wins to bump a stat up by one point - you really will have a long career, and go through several rivalries before sniffing the NXT championship, but you'll be a wet noodle for a good long time. Kevin Owens is literally unbeatable for me, he kicked out of my finisher at minimum health three times in a row.

The other thing that's annoying is that the run-in system isn't integrated into the sim. Meaning, I decided to gun for Owens at a Takeover by attacking him before his title defense and it resulted in the PPV main event being canceled. You can't run in on guys after a match, presumably because they couldn't handle the possibility of winning OR losing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

JBL's total boredom is actually kind of endearing, as are the commentary scripts putting over Stardust and Xavier Woods as exciting successful talents. Also they don't seem to have recorded anything for New Day since Woods and Truth keep coming up even though they wrestled together for what, 3 matches total?

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Sorry just gotta share this one

*edit*

^^

son of a whore

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR, JUST FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS, AND FEEL THE POWAAAHHH!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

PunkBoy posted:

DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR, JUST FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS, AND FEEL THE POWAAAHHH!

IT'S A NEW BRAY, YES IT--DEH!

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
These interview segments make me laugh every single time I do them

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I need to see that entrance in motion.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

When you edit a regular superstar, does the edit only ever show up as attire, or can you have them take up a CAW slot?

Basically I wanna play my Cenation Andre the Giant in mycareer.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Playing through showcase has reminded me that 1) the Attitude Era stuff, despite my nostalgia, was hilariously overbooked and 2) we really, really need a Kane showcase in one of these games. Teaming with X-Pac, electrocuting Shane's testicles, May 19, making plans to destroy the Undertaker, Corporate Kane, Team Hell No, the whole thing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Solomonic posted:

Playing through showcase has reminded me that 1) the Attitude Era stuff, despite my nostalgia, was hilariously overbooked and 2) we really, really need a Kane showcase in one of these games. Teaming with X-Pac, electrocuting Shane's testicles, May 19, making plans to destroy the Undertaker, Corporate Kane, Team Hell No, the whole thing.

Only if Money in the Bank is part of it. That was a masterstroke.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Have the PS3 version, and noticed a few things (keep in mind I never touched 2K15):

For the Universe mode, it looks like they just kept last years. There's still brands and rosters, not shows. They don't have the personality traits that the PS4 version boasts about having, but there's the option to choose what story lines you want to play through for rivalries.

Got a laugh out of this: in the PS3 version, you can book title matches in Universe mode. Guess that was only in the next gen version.

Entrances are gutted. There are 3 generic tag entrances, and I think maybe 2 single ones

The attacking before a match is a next gen exclusive, I guess. *shrugs*

CAW tools are the same as 2K14, so no weird face morphing. On the other hand, it's going to be real easy for me to recreate a bunch of my CAWs from 2K14 (except, of course, for the whole entrance thing).

The call names for CAWs is now limited to "nickname, first name, last name".

Played a match with my tag partner as my manager, and Lillian announced it as "Accompanied to the ring by Partner 2, from hometown, Partner 1, with Partner 2!"

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Been streaming it on my twitch (JordanGames) and the positive is that i get to actually hear my first and last name finally used in a wwe match.

The problem is learning how to set up moves because you wind up with strikes and grapple reverses all the time.

Old matches used to be a sig and finisher and you're done, but sometimes you can go through three of them and It's still a kick out, almost seeming like you're forced to lose.

The Renee segments feel very last minute and I would have loved to see that expanded better or the option to ignore the interview and be mysterious or run in during opponents interview.

I'm pretty bad at the series (right now I've won two matches after losing 14) and it sends like it will continue until I can pick up more momentum and get the VC up to bit the attributes that are necessary.

Life is hard being a vigilante character called "the enforcer"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Been streaming it on my twitch (JordanGames) and the positive is that i get to actually hear my first and last name finally used in a wwe match.

My last name isn't in there, so I went with "Jackson" because it sounds close enough to "Jasper." I'm totally okay with it because it makes 100% sense in the "just got signed to NXT" narrative.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
It's weird because my last name which is "Lu" is perfectly pronounceable for the commentators in NBA 2K16, wonder why they can't just port over whatever magic speech engine they use there instead of futzing with the prerecorded samples, is there just too much enunciation on entrances or something?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So it seems from what I've seen that unlike NBA or NHL 2K, you don't earn VC outside of career mode? It also seems like you can't just buy it as cash shop DLC either. Both of those are kinda weird decisions.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Geektox posted:

It's weird because my last name which is "Lu" is perfectly pronounceable for the commentators in NBA 2K16, wonder why they can't just port over whatever magic speech engine they use there instead of futzing with the prerecorded samples, is there just too much enunciation on entrances or something?

even weirder since Lu Parper is already in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Got the game a day early [UK] and love the little improvements. There are lots of little improvements accross the board, even though models are funny looking the graphics overall have improved. Especially ringside, the runway barricades had lots of nice little wires modelled, and everything have a nice high rez texture. This looks really good when you're fighting outside. I also love that you can run inside/outside the ring while holding a chair again, hooray.

So far so good, chair shots feel great and it feels really polished overall.

One thing, I can't seem to get boots on both entrance/wrestling attire. Only one, so my guy has no boots during his entrance :|