Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Huckabee's a genius. Save the economy by curing cancer and diabetes. Just have Congress pass a law that cures cancer and diabetes, and sign it. Boom, economy's saved. How come Obama hasn't thought of this? Does he want people to have cancer and diabetes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Honestly, I thought it was Cruz's "nevermind that question, the mods are terrible" spiel.

that made him look good to republican voters though

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm watching CNN and I swear I just heard Jeb say "President Clinton, when she got beat by Obama"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

The Kingfish posted:

At currently polling levels Trump could still beat Rubio even if he swallowed up every establishment vote and Trump gained nothing.

But Rubio is the anti-establishment candidate.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

nachos posted:

I'm watching CNN and I swear I just heard Jeb say "President Clinton, when she got beat by Obama"

I think he was trying to say that the media gets things wrong this early.

edit: it was a very low energy jab

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There are no real winners from tonight's debate, but Rubio had the most to gain and the most to lose and he gained.

Jeb!'s pre-planned attack on his voting record will be passed over because the rest of the event was a dumpster fire, but he shouldn't come away from that thinking it was a good idea, and his campaign was sending out fundraising emails about how great it was during the event.

Normally, I'd say that Kasich's opening attack on the ridiculousness of the campaign would be a viral moment, but the rest of the debate was so insane that we won't know until later if that moment gets replayed, and the rest of Kasich's performance was a snooze.

Mostly, I want the next debate to be Trump, Carson, Rubio, Rand, Cruz, and Graham.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lycus posted:

Huckabee's a genius. Save the economy by curing cancer and diabetes. Just have Congress pass a law that cures cancer and diabetes, and sign it. Boom, economy's saved. How come Obama hasn't thought of this? Does he want people to have cancer and diabetes?

Look, you just have to choose between gently caress Cancer and Let Them Eat Cake

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Joementum posted:

There are no real winners from tonight's debate, but Rubio had the most to gain and the most to lose and he gained.

Jeb!'s pre-planned attack on his voting record will be passed over because the rest of the event was a dumpster fire, but he shouldn't come away from that thinking it was a good idea, and his campaign was sending out fundraising emails about how great it was during the event.

Normally, I'd say that Kasich's opening attack on the ridiculousness of the campaign would be a viral moment, but the rest of the debate was so insane that we won't know until later if that moment gets replayed, and the rest of Kasich's performance was a snooze.

Mostly, I want the next debate to be Trump, Carson, Rubio, Rand, Cruz, and Graham.

Why Graham? Otherwise I agree that with that, except Carly in place of Rand (I think she's being pushed for the VP slot)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh and the whole crowd booed the moderators for accusing Carson of hocking snake oil AS CARSON WAS HOCKING THAT SAME SNAKE OIL

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mastershakeman posted:

Why Graham? Otherwise I agree that with that, except Carly in place of Rand (I think she's being pushed for the VP slot)

My list is based purely on who I think is entertaining.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lycus posted:

But Rubio is the anti-establishment candidate.

If we push him and Jeb! together at the right time do you think it would be world ending or would Jeb!'s energy dampening effect keep the destruction down to just a few blocks?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/659551379518787584

bye felicia

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Drop Cruz, add Christie: I want to see what happens if and when Trump gets to him.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

nachos posted:

You heard correct

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Everyone is mad that Kasich got so much time.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Please someone confirm iJeb! calling Hillary President Clinton

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I' watching it now so I'm quite behind, but it seems like Christie got the softball of the night with his question about GM:

Governor Christie, do you believe that a large faceless company that killed 120 people should GO TO JAIL???!?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

The Nastier Nate posted:

I' watching it now so I'm quite behind, but it seems like Christie got the softball of the night with his question about GM:

Governor Christie, do you believe that a large faceless company that killed 120 people should GO TO JAIL???!?

The amusing aspect of that question is that it was phrased as a defense of the banking industry. The whole thing was, "big meanies are saying bankers should be in jail because of the financial collapse but here's a corporation that actually killed people and they just got a fine. How is this fair??!?!?"

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Joementum posted:

Graham and Paul really need to be on the same stage for maximum burn opportunities.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Oiled and Ready posted:

Prediction: media declares Kasich and Rubio dual victory, polls show a Trump/Carson victory, Jeb gets into a fight with Rubio and/or Kasich and gets rekt

Just reminding everyone that I called literally everything except for Cruz/Huckabee/Carsonhimself torpedoing Carson. You can't deny the rest of this prediction puts me far above Smoothrich and Boosted so if I get a little drunk/bipolar/schizo I hope you all get on the wagon :getin:

I'm gonna be that guy with the tattoo and the $2000 Bovada bet on Trump my life is already in shambles so this is gonna be a fun ride guys

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Youth Decay posted:

Graham and Paul really need to be on the same stage for maximum burn opportunities.

Precisely my thinking on the subject. And Graham would roast him alive.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Just finished watching and my takeaway was Rubio is coming up. Fiorina has had her 5 minutes and is done until the veepstakes. Trump has nothing new left to say in a structured time limited setting and is on his way down. Carson is a boob and is in the process of flying too close to the sun. Kasich may get a bump soon but nothing substantial. Paul is a nobody. Jeb looks and sounds defeated and soon will be actually defeated.

It's gonna be Cruz or Rubio, and which one gets it is almost entirely based on the order and timing of when the other people drop out. In a non-hug world I'd give Christie decent odds but he'll never be able to scrub off those Obama cooties.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Jeb Bush should really consider doing those other "really cool things" he could be doing. Politics just...isn't for him.

I'm finding it hard to keep ragging on Jeb Bush. I'm actually starting to feel empathy for a loving Bush. That shouldn't happen.

Jeb, you're rich, you have a family you clearly are very close to, and you are old enough to retire. Go have fun. Visit Mexico! Be on the board of major corporations and make absurd sums of money! Take up art like your brother! You don't have to do this to yourself.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Peak Rand Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3xIUmLIMDk

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Patter Song posted:

Jeb, you're rich, you have a family you clearly are very close to, and you are old enough to retire. Go have fun. Visit Mexico! Be on the board of major corporations and make absurd sums of money! Take up art like your brother! You don't have to do this to yourself.

It took Mitt Romney a decade to figure this out. As Mo Udall said, "the only cure for Presidential ambition is death".

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Watching the FOX NEWS post debate coverage. Seeing more of Jeb! in really expensive commercials than I did in the debate.

I think that sums things up perfectly.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Oiled and Ready posted:

Just reminding everyone that I called literally everything except for Cruz/Huckabee/Carsonhimself torpedoing Carson. You can't deny the rest of this prediction puts me far above Smoothrich and Boosted so if I get a little drunk/bipolar/schizo I hope you all get on the wagon :getin:

I'm gonna be that guy with the tattoo and the $2000 Bovada bet on Trump my life is already in shambles so this is gonna be a fun ride guys

I don't think anybody's saying Kasich won

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I cannot loving wait to see Hillary crush one of these morons. It will be like watching E-DE try and take on Metal Gear Ray.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Could they not afford a windscreen for his mic

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

memy posted:

I don't think anybody's saying Kasich won

Kasich got destroyed by Trump in the opening.

Also Rubio won the debate. Jeb had to come out big and he failed miserably. Now all those donors are looking at Rubio as their guy.

EDIT:

The new anti-Trump will be Cruz. FOX is gushing over his gently caress THE MEDIA non-answer to the debt limit vote question.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

That sounds like a really half hearted endorsement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVjfa0Alz5o

Where is my Pokemon level endorsement :colbert:.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 29, 2015

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
The best moment of the debate to me was Cruz completely ignoring a question and spending an entire minute calling the debate moderators Democratic shills, which they basically were; they were definitely trying to score smirky leftist points on those darn Republicans on stage. Trump's closing statement was almost as good, and also let him score some points on the moderators. I also liked when Trump more or less killed the Kasich campaign with one jab, some of Christie's lines, and I thought Rubio effortlessly sidestepping the voting record attack was pretty deft.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The best moment of the debate to me was Cruz completely ignoring a question and spending an entire minute calling the debate moderators Democratic shills, which they basically were; they were definitely trying to score smirky leftist points on those darn Republicans on stage. Trump's closing statement was almost as good, and also let him score some points on the moderators. I also liked when Trump more or less killed the Kasich campaign with one jab, some of Christie's lines, and I thought Rubio effortlessly sidestepping the voting record attack was pretty deft.

Smoothrich did you forget to switch accounts

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I like how the moderators basically told Cruz to go gently caress himself there

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

How Marco Rubio owned Jeb Bush in Wednesday’s GOP debate

:getin:

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
I couldn't handle that after a couple of 15 minute doses; that whole travesty was making me physically ill. God drat America :jihad:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The moderators were only leftist in that the candidates were right wing and the moderators had the goal of inciting conflict. Cruz's assertion that the democratic debate mods went easy was bullshit and any perception of that was only the result of the disparity in the number of people on stage and how that affects the dynamic.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Asking real questions makes your a leftist democrat shill apparently.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Wrap it up losers.

Watching FOXNEWS... Brit Hume is completely confused at Jeb's attack on Rubio. O'Reilly thinks Jeb! is really bad at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Winkie01 posted:

You heard correct

It's his subtle way of gaslighting America into forgetting his brother was ever president.

• Locked thread