Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

visceril posted:

I thought that Red was full god mode and that Blue was them being able to tap into a portion of God ki after training with Whis.

So Red is the most powerful and may well be the "final form" that Goku and Vegeta have to work up towards/reach again.

Or IDK they could go Kratos and rainbow hair makes them stronger than God. Who knows

That's a misconception, actually! Super Saiyan Blue comes from mastery of God Ki, and then turning into a Super Saiyan, making it far more powerful than the original Super Saiyan God form with no disadvantages whatsoever. In fact, videogames (namely Xenoverse and Extreme Butoden) put SSGSS Goku and Vegeta above every Super Saiyan form in terms of power, including Super Saiyan 4.

As proof of this in-series, Goku and Vegeta's base state is now known as "Saiyan beyond God", so they've clearly surpassed the power of Super Saiyan God. They're still not on Beerus' level though, much less Whis'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, the fact that Goku was still able to survive going toe to toe with Beerus even after it "wore off" is proof of that fact.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

We need Turtle beyond God imo.

Make it happen Toriyama! Please!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's a misconception, actually! Super Saiyan Blue comes from mastery of God Ki, and then turning into a Super Saiyan, making it far more powerful than the original Super Saiyan God form with no disadvantages whatsoever. In fact, videogames (namely Xenoverse and Extreme Butoden) put SSGSS Goku and Vegeta above every Super Saiyan form in terms of power, including Super Saiyan 4.

As proof of this in-series, Goku and Vegeta's base state is now known as "Saiyan beyond God", so they've clearly surpassed the power of Super Saiyan God. They're still not on Beerus' level though, much less Whis'.

Actually, none of this poo poo makes any sense

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is the Android 13 movie worth watching?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

pik_d posted:

Actually, none of this poo poo makes any sense

new thread title

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Watch every movie imho

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

The phrase "red ribbon redneck" is said as an insult to 13 in the actual movie by future trunks.

You also have the purple(black) mariachi zoot-suit android that for some reason has a flask

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

So...was Beerus saying he was using 100% of his energy to fight Red Goku a mistranslation?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
13 is worth watching just for racist android and hick android. Once they fuse it loses most of its entertainment tho.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

visceril posted:

So...was Beerus saying he was using 100% of his energy to fight Red Goku a mistranslation?

I think Beerus was making up an excuse for not destroying the Earth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

visceril posted:

That was very explicitly Beerus making an excuse for why he didn't keep his promise to blow up the Earth despite Goku losing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

That was very explicitly Beerus making an excuse for why he didn't keep his promise to blow up the Earth despite Goku losing.

OK, this poo poo does actually make sense now. That whole Goku = 6(or 7), Beerus = 10, Whis = 15 bullshit threw me off I guess.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

visceril posted:

Minute: 22
Whis: “Saying that you acknowledged Goku-san and would bring out 100% of your power was just a means of drawing out his full power. It was a lie, wasn’t it?”
Beerus: “You knew, didn’t you? Hmph.”
Significance: So according to this, Beerus never truly used his full power against Goku. In BoG it’s finally revealed he had only been fighting with 70% of his power, but in Super we don’t get anything so exact.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

visceril posted:

The phrase "red ribbon redneck" is said as an insult to 13 in the actual movie by future trunks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sznBsT8JKoQ

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
But yeah the movie is pretty good until the fusion happens

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Don't listen bad opinions cause Super 13 laying the smackdown on people is still fun.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm Android 13 check out my trucker hat!

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Aurora posted:

Minute: 22
Whis: “Saying that you acknowledged Goku-san and would bring out 100% of your power was just a means of drawing out his full power. It was a lie, wasn’t it?”
Beerus: “You knew, didn’t you? Hmph.”
Significance: So according to this, Beerus never truly used his full power against Goku. In BoG it’s finally revealed he had only been fighting with 70% of his power, but in Super we don’t get anything so exact.

Ok thing now make sense enough for an anime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The movie is still good afterwards because Super 13 punches Goku in the dick, you get to see Goku's o-face, and it has one of the best ending punchlines in the series.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

CharlestheHammer posted:

13 is worth watching just for racist android and hick android. Once they fuse it loses most of its entertainment tho.

It would have been much better in my opinion if they tied it back as some sort of Cell prototype and the fused android wasn't a big blue Broly-Vegeta-Sonic the Hedgehog fan-art combo.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Awaiting Super Android 13 Super Android 17 fusion in Dragonball Heroes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Squallege posted:

Awaiting Super Android 13 Super Android 17 fusion in Dragonball Heroes

Ultra Android 221 coming soon to beat up a SSGSS Vegito near you.

Caros
May 14, 2008

HGH posted:

Don't listen bad opinions cause Super 13 laying the smackdown on people is still fun.

He keeps punching me in the dick. Why?! Why does he keep punching me in the dick?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Farecoal posted:

But yeah the movie is pretty good until the fusion happens

And the movie ends on a high note with Vegeta and Piccolo fishing on a iceburg.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

And the movie ends on a high note with Vegeta and Piccolo fishing on a iceburg.

Fishing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8soInnWds4

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

A new Dragon Ball movie is apparently coming!

http://en.yibada.com/articles/79719/20151030/new-dragon-ball-movie-is-coming-as-a-part-of-the-trilogy-tadayoshi-yamamuro-confirmed.htm

EDIT: Other parts of the internet seem to say this is more of a rumor than a confirmation, but let's pay attention for more news about this for now.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 30, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

toei's kind of dumb aren't they?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really think Toei was surprised by how insanely popular the dbz movies were and they don't have a coherent marketing strategy to deal with it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Actually, this is concurrent with their previous actions. During DB, they were adapting the manga as a movie series and an anime series simotenously. This is why some movies are alt universe story retellings: they were attempting to catch up.

Now, the movies proved DB successful in the modern day. They started three franchises to run concurrently: an anime, a manga, and a movie series.

To be honest, they did the same during DBZ too.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Covok posted:

Actually, this is concurrent with their previous actions. During DB, they were adapting the manga as a movie series and an anime series simotenously. This is why some movies are alt universe story retellings: they were attempting to catch up.

Now, the movies proved DB successful in the modern day. They started three franchises to run concurrently: an anime, a manga, and a movie series.

To be honest, they did the same during DBZ too.

Except the tv series didn't reanimate stuff already seen in the movies and vice versa. Well okay, everything except for cooler :v:.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Except the tv series didn't reanimate stuff already seen in the movies and vice versa. Well okay, everything except for cooler :v:.

Lord Slug?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Monaghan posted:

For original DB, it did.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but battle of gods did so well because it was actually part of the story. We're basically got no progression in RoF and won't get any in this one either because of super so what's the point?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

but battle of gods did so well because it was actually part of the story. We're basically got no progression in RoF and won't get any in this one either because of super so what's the point?

Did RoF not do well? It was still a cool movie. I don't know what you're complaining about. The point is to make a cool dragon ball movie.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
RoF has been popping on and off the top sellers list on iTunes. That's gotta be worth something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mabels big day posted:

Did RoF not do well? It was still a cool movie. I don't know what you're complaining about. The point is to make a cool dragon ball movie.

It did better the BoG.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RoF demonstrated that Goku and Vegeta are both at the newest level of SSJ so I dunno that seemed pretty important

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Platinum Cell vs Satan God please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Platinum Cell vs Satan God please and thank you.

I'd watch like a three part miniseries that is just comprised of the total lies Hercule told Videl growing up before bedtime.

Maybe do a sequel with Pan where he describes his new God powers. It'd be some fun poo poo.

• Locked thread