Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Aquasnake posted:

I kind of remember this now that you mention it, but it was like 5-10 minutes after future Mr. Terrific, the Tech hero, couldn't crack it. Which makes him look bad, and also makes Felicity and Ray look bad if you don't remember the reference.

Only if you're the kind of person that freaks out over password strength in a TV show about superheroes, super powers, and literal magic.

Really, really good episode, apart from Laurel keeping Sara in some industrial basement, that seems a bit needless. Oliver yelling at Lance was one of the better emotional scenes this show's ever done I think. You could hear the anger in Oliver's voice but he also wasn't just snapping at Lance, he was equal parts frustrated and disappointed. Calling him out for still using Laurel as an excuse was a nice touch. Can't wait for next week's episode, Constantine should be pretty drat fun if they have enough time to basically make it an episode of that show for the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
For people who don't know Olliver is the Green Arrow, that speech was pretty weird.

After five years in hell, I returned with only one goal; save my city. That's why I spent two years running my business into the ground, and then my mom ran for mayor, and then I didn't do anything for a year, but that was all just part of my plan to Save This City.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I thought that was pretty funny, although to be fair Oliver being completely unqualified for the position and running purely on an emotional platform that repeats his one major accomplishment over and over might be the most realistic part of the show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

boom boom boom posted:

For people who don't know Olliver is the Green Arrow, that speech was pretty weird.

After five years in hell, I returned with only one goal; save my city. That's why I spent two years running my business into the ground, and then my mom ran for mayor, and then I didn't do anything for a year, but that was all just part of my plan to Save This City.

"I guess you could say I... failed this city."
"Wow that's exactly something the Green Arrow would say! He's got my vote!"

Holy poo poo that episode. Ollie uncorking on Lance was loving cathartic as hell, especially for the "You always held yourself as more righteous! And you were right!" Just utterly stunned by the betrayal.

So now that Sara's loose I assume she's just going to murder her way across Star City until Constantine blunders into her.

gently caress Arrow owns so much, last season was a down payment on the amount of loving awesome we're getting. gently caress

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think that might have been one of the best episodes of this show period. Everything clicked so well. And the scene with Lance and Oliver was one of the better acted scenes for both of them in the series. The adjustments in tone have really fit the show well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

X-O posted:

I think that might have been one of the best episodes of this show period. Everything clicked so well. And the scene with Lance and Oliver was one of the better acted scenes for both of them in the series. The adjustments in tone have really fit the show well.

Next week we get Constantine! And then the week after that we get Ray Palmer, possibly!

It's an exciting time to be alive. :unsmith:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Woah . That scene with Oliver and Lance was amazing. Excellent episode.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

VDay posted:

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny, although to be fair Oliver being completely unqualified for the position and running purely on an emotional platform that repeats his one major accomplishment over and over might be the most realistic part of the show.

He's qualified on the basis that he's the only one volunteering though. Besides it's local politics and its not like its the first time where someone rich is able to buy their way into political office.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Staggeringly unqualified person possibly becoming mayor of a big city is possibly one of the most realistic plot lines this show has ever done.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Pretty cool that their getting Constantine next week. That guy was a really good Constantine but the show sucked. Hope he makes more than 1 guest appearance.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

Staggeringly unqualified person possibly becoming mayor of a big city is possibly one of the most realistic plot lines this show has ever done.

Next you will tell me a comedian with no political experience will be elected president of Guatemala

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Should have been password123 so you can't brute force it

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I like to think he didn't try password precisely because it's so weak.

All in all, that was an incredible episode and I'm really looking forward to next week's.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ryan Robbins is a criminally underrated actor, and of course he's already a dead man walking. Neal McDonough is owning the poo poo out of Darhk and I hope Constantine is ultimately the one who puts him down.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I know that hyping Ray would be a thing for the promos, but I feel like it could be something packed into the B-plot where he's finally discovered and Felicity's now trying to find him. I just really want Ray back.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I have to say, when I heard Lady Cop would be on the show I didn't expect her to be the bad guy.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

X-O posted:

Oliver Queen will build a wall around Star City while cutting taxes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xelkelvos posted:

I know that hyping Ray would be a thing for the promos, but I feel like it could be something packed into the B-plot where he's finally discovered and Felicity's now trying to find him. I just really want Ray back.

As long as the dumb love triangle drama is as limited as possible.

Bruceski posted:

I have to say, when I heard Lady Cop would be on the show I didn't expect her to be the bad guy.

I was just happy to see that actress getting work. She was great in True Blood, even if her character was the writer's punching bag

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

bobkatt013 posted:

Next you will tell me a comedian with no political experience will be elected president of Guatemala

Ronald Reagan? The actor? Ha! Then who's vice-president, Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the First Lady?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

As long as the dumb love triangle drama is as limited as possible.

I was just happy to see that actress getting work. She was great in True Blood, even if her character was the writer's punching bag

She already broke up with Ray and drive into the sunset with Ollie before he died.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of weird how this week showed that Dig isn't even actually wearing a helmet and instead it's just a big face mask. They really need to buckle down and give him and Felicity code names because it's just getting kind of goofy when half the team does and the other half doesn't.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

It was kind of weird how this week showed that Dig isn't even actually wearing a helmet and instead it's just a big face mask. They really need to buckle down and give him and Felicity code names because it's just getting kind of goofy when half the team does and the other half doesn't.

It's pretty much just to hide his face. Nobody else on the team wears protective head gear either. He's probably just not into a domino mask like everyone else. I'm just glad it looks a thousand times better on the show than it did in the promo pics.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Shouldn't Oliver have spent at least some of his last 3 years taking some online classes to get a degree?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dig already had a pretty good code name from ARGUS, "Freelancer". They should just use that. With Felicity, I imagine they're just working towards figuring out how to make her be Oracle. They may as well, since Babs is likely never gonna show up, or at least not become a significant character.

(I actually like the alternate-justice league vibe they have going on. the hideout reveal this episode was very " batman builds the watchtower" but with a bunch of the angles changed around in fun ways, like Flash, the Superman stand-in, being the one to pay for and oversee the construction)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Oh, also - what was Felicity "not wearing" that Thea was surprised about? The main thing that comes to mind is the engagement ring - did Oliver propose to her and I forgot? Or maybe they're implying Thea knew about Ollie's plans and assumed he went through with them and she doesn't know what's up?

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 29, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought that was pretty obvious, thea assumed the big news he gathered everyone for was engagement news.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
At the end of last season, I would never have believed that this season Arrow would be on fire while Flash would be putting out middling material (though with one excellent episode). I'm really looking forward to Constantine next week, it seems like he will be a great fit for the tone of this season.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

greatn posted:

I thought that was pretty obvious, thea assumed the big news he gathered everyone for was engagement news.

Not really. It was clunky and weird. Even more so when they reference it again a few minutes later.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe you're just dumb. My wife doesn't even watch the show and immediately said "wait, are they engaged?"

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

greatn posted:

Maybe you're just dumb. My wife doesn't even watch the show and immediately said "wait, are they engaged?"

Unless there was an earlier reference I missed where Ollie is carrying a ring around and waiting, or mentioned the possibility of engagement, then I'm sorry to break it to you, but it's sorta bad writing. Also: "MY WIFE."

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Unless there was an earlier reference I missed where Ollie is carrying a ring around and waiting, or mentioned the possibility of engagement, then I'm sorry to break it to you, but it's sorta bad writing. Also: "MY WIFE."

Do you mean like the first and second episodes where he shows the ring to the neighbors, then tries to propose several times but keeps getting interrupted?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

Unless there was an earlier reference I missed where Ollie is carrying a ring around and waiting

There is.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You have failed this series

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Felicity even had her hand up next to her face in the universal "Look at my new rock!" pose engaged women do, which I thought was clever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thea used parkour flipping correctly to positive effect this episode!

What's really impressive about the mayor storyline is that it's something we figured would happen from episode one, but they've brought it in in a way that feels earned and organic, and not just fan service for comic fans. It ties in great to the theme of Ollie stepping out of the dark and into the light, and makes sense for the character and the setting equally. Also, I love laid back Ollie, Amell just makes him feel warm and fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It would also be something Thea would have known about since it was their mother's ring and I'm sure Ollie would have talked to Thea about using something like that.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Really disappointing the episode didn't end with a Constantine reference

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Longbaugh01 posted:

People are allowed to be married. Sorry if you're lonely :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ray's message to Felicity: Help, I'm tiny!

Let me out! Let me out!

I'm dying in a glove in Sloan's laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Let me out! Let me out!

I'm dying in a glove in Sloan's laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab.

• Locked thread