Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sair
May 11, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I keep getting a "Network Error" pop up when I try to log on a character after downloading the latest patch.

Same. Time for a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov posted:

I got a purple and gold shield for my mesmer so I had to update her dye scheme. It looks pretty cool (and a steal last night at 20g) but I still have my fingers cross for a "Berserker's Ley Guard's Protector." edit: also holding out for those blue dragonfly wings!

drat you blow 20g on dyes? I only have 40g total.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Still can't log in, rip GW2.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Softface posted:

Still can't log in, rip GW2.

You're not missing much. poo poo dead game for casuals

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ugh, even more gated progression from anet!!!!!!!1

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

effectual posted:

That actually brings up a good question. Now that dungeons are nerfed into the ground what is the best source of gold in the game? Specifically where does the game create the most gold, not the place that drops the best things to sell on the TP.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That actually brings up a good question. Now that dungeons are nerfed into the ground what is the best source of gold in the game? Specifically where does the game create the most gold, not the place that drops the best things to sell on the TP.

Each PvP match is 2.25g distributed between 10 players. I'm guessing that's the biggest one.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

anet knew that sfd was going to do wvw and decided to stop us

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Inzombiac posted:

You are doing the Lord's work.

I know, I met him fairly early on:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

That's the thing about me and MMOs, when they go down/go away I just get bored rather than find something else to do. :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sparkfly mat farming route+Tequalt kill will net you about 8g, 10g on a good day and depending on drops, you NEED the watchwork pick though as that's a big source of your money from the sprockets that randomly drop.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Ciaphas posted:

That's the thing about me and MMOs, when they go down/go away I just get bored rather than find something else to do. :(

Try picking up a hobby, maybe an art form, so you can draw pictures of your GW2 characters during downtime.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I'm guessing its coming in the form of drops you get from the new zones, you get so much boxes of gear thrown at you.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Pop on some netflix and walk around picking poo poo up to turn into ascended stuff (spiritwood, deldrimor, etc) Its not glamorous, plus probably less efficient than other stuff. A lot of the new HoT stuff is still pretty expensive, but that market is collapsing by the day. You can learn to flip stuff, but it takes a lot of effort for sometimes not a lot of profit. T6's always sell! But thats a good way of making a lot of money quickly, but not a lot of money over time :v:

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Two days in a row I've gotten a junk item from fractal encryption boxes worth 5g to a vendor. Got about 100mf while running both easy and medium fractal dalies

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Tequatl is still worth a direct 2g per day on success, couldn't say if there's more people getting credit than finished PvP matches though. Fractals don't even give a full gold just for completing anymore I think.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Tequatl is still worth a direct 2g per day on success, couldn't say if there's more people getting credit than finished PvP matches though. Fractals don't even give a full gold just for completing anymore I think.

Which is weird because didn't they say the dungeon gold nerf was gonna be paired with a gain for fractals?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

effectual posted:

What's your account name (or character name)? I'll send you one of the 'dyes to get started with on a budget' packs composed of my favourite reasonably priced dyes that I've put in the guild banks a few times.

Coolness Averted posted:

Which is weird because didn't they say the dungeon gold nerf was gonna be paired with a gain for fractals?
The specific daily completion rewards aren't really any different to before but from what Kessel was saying the actual stuff dropping in fractals is worth more than it was before so it works out to more rewards.

America Rocks
Mar 23, 2007
The flax farm below Jaka Itzel netted me a good 1g 90s for a minute's worth of harvesting. Get it before the price drops.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Game seems to be alive again.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LiftAuff posted:

Store some on your alts that you don't play. I don't know if it is still possible but you could have made your own guild and constructed guild storage.

What a weird concept :v:

I guess using materials would probably be a good idea though. Of course, to level crafting I'm going to need way more of the low level materials than I have and they're insanely expensive..

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I made a good 80g on buying coarse sand and selling glass mugs i crafted with them through jewelcrafting. Maybe on your server the price is still good for that? 9 coarse sand still nets 3g if you craft it to a mug on my server

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Jesus christ, how did Anet break the entire game with that patch :psyduck:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

U.T. Raptor posted:

Jesus christ, how did Anet break the entire game with that patch :psyduck:

The gem store seems to still be working :smuggo:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Post/av/username combo. Very nice.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

got into wvw somehow

everything was massively hosed, with multiple doors and walls and poo poo spawning on top of each other

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mercurius posted:

What's your account name (or character name)? I'll send you one of the 'dyes to get started with on a budget' packs composed of my favourite reasonably priced dyes that I've put in the guild banks a few times.

The specific daily completion rewards aren't really any different to before but from what Kessel was saying the actual stuff dropping in fractals is worth more than it was before so it works out to more rewards.

char is Rayfe Gunn

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Thanks for coming to wvwednesday guys, unfortunately cause of the bugs only half of you could make it and even then only one map wouldnt crash the game. Next week should should be much better!

Also I went AFK in our guild hall for a few hours, alt tab back in to this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LemonAIDS posted:

I made a good 80g on buying coarse sand and selling glass mugs i crafted with them through jewelcrafting. Maybe on your server the price is still good for that? 9 coarse sand still nets 3g if you craft it to a mug on my server

There is one economy. All servers share the same market.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Adhesive Gamin posted:

I forgot about teq dropping a decent gold reward, that's not a bad source. It still seems like without dungeons creating new gold there not many sources of new currency anymore.

That's fine for me, I have enough to do whatever I want. But it might be a problem for new players. Dungeons provided a reliable way to get enough gold for gear. Now they are at the mercy of the TP.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah you get a bunch of poo poo you can sell on the TP, but the question was about the game generating gold and not tradable commodities.

You can do 5 easy mode baby fractal islands a day (2 recommended dailies and then complete the mid tier one with swamps) for 3 pristine relics and, well I wound up with I think something like 48 +1 infusions, including using the three free encryption keys after today's set. Plus a bunch of junk I didn't really count. With purchasable fractal weapon boxes after doing scale 50 it's more compelling than "will I get something besides a poo poo ring today? Oh, today's roll was 'nothing'".

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Fractals don't suck anymore? Last time I tried em was like a year ago, people kept dc'ing or being bad and got votekicked, but there was no way to get a fresh member, and if the leader was dc'd then we all got kicked out of the instance and lost all progress, and even the rare successful run took an hour. Tried like 10 times within a week then swore them off.

Server's laggy as fuk right now too.

I tried making a new alt to try the paladin out, the catperson intro is really short!

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 29, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I hope they fix fractal weapon collections soon. :( I have 15 and it thinks I only have 7. I don't want to buy the ones I don't have and have it manage to bug out even further...

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

how can i pvp if i cant log in to pvp?????

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

New zones are very beautiful, and I've also really been digging the new music. It really works well with the atmosphere of the new zones. Here is a playlist someone put together on YouTube if you want to listen outside of the game.

Some selections:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvnP91PDfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8c8GGHl4Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4l987JxY1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvI--Q8VEPE

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Now that dungeons are nerfed into the ground

wait what happened to dungos

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

wait what happened to dungos

Gold and XP dramatically slashed because dungeons are wrong type of Challenging Group Content, unlike ~*~Fractals of the Mists~*~

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Goddammit anet, let me log in, I have to save these frog men from the plant bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Goddammit anet, let me log in, I have to save these frog men from the plant bros.

Even if you log in now the servers are going down soon for 30+ mins. Just said in-game.

• Locked thread