Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Hollismason posted:

Wait.. was there the lower candidates debate earlier this evening?

Yes, but they barely count. Ironically the baby-table debates are better showcases for the candidates than the main debates because they don't have to fight for attention with 9-10 other people. It's reverse punishment for unpopularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

iJeb! is the worst. Just the absolute worst. The fucker stood there like Nerd Lurch and had only one mission to accomplish. One! But when it finally came time for him drop his sick burn he done hosed it up, Rubio stole his ball, and dunked on his rear end.

On the other hand, it appears that iJeb! slammed 17 Red Bulls and went spastic when it came time to blabbing about his dumbass fantasy football fanfiction, so if we ever need to solve a world crisis via a gridiron bet, President Trump can send in Seal Team Gampy Sr. Six to take out the next Osama Bin Footballin'.

lol

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I think the fact that CNBC trotted out Jim Cramer was the signal to the candidates that they didn't have to respect the debate moderators at all, as opposed to the basic respect they were giving to the concept of being in a televised debate before that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Basically, Lindsey Graham will fight climate change by creating a nuclear winter.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
so are you guys for fascism or neoconservatism?

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

stoutfish posted:

so are you guys for fascism or neoconservatism?

Plan B sounds so liberating!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 22, 2016

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

Plan B sounds so liberating!

But Republicans don't support Plan B?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zoran posted:

But Republicans don't support Plan B?

No that's Hobby Lobby, who supports ISIS

Yeah it gets kind of confusing

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

CNBC thought this would be a great opportunity to showcase its talent so we got treated to buffoons like Cramer and Santelli clowning around with their moronic schtick and asking absolutely retarded questions about ignition switches.

CNBC violated the newscaster's holy debate rule: Thou shall not make the debate about thyself. Somehow, despite there being ten debaters, there were even more moderators and good god it was the worst moderation that I've ever seen.

I'm actually kind of mad at CNBC because we could have had one hell of a spectacle -- all the elements were there -- but they had to gently caress it all up by crudely trying to force things rather than letting the fireworks occur of their own free will. And the fireworks would have happened, but we were denied the entertainment we were due because CNBC is public access scrub tier.

Like I said in the live thread - Jeb! is the CNBC of candidates.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

CNBC thought this would be a great opportunity to showcase its talent so we got treated to buffoons like Cramer and Santelli clowning around with their moronic schtick and asking absolutely retarded questions about ignition switches.

CNBC violated the newscaster's holy debate rule: Thou shall not make the debate about thyself. Somehow, despite there being ten debaters, there were even more moderators and good god it was the worst moderation that I've ever seen.

I'm actually kind of mad at CNBC because we could have had one hell of a spectacle -- all the elements were there -- but they had to gently caress it all up by crudely trying to force things rather than letting the fireworks occur of their own free will. And the fireworks would have happened, but we were denied the entertainment we were due because CNBC is public access scrub tier.

I thought the one woman in the middle of the panel, I think her name was Becky, did pretty okay. Although being reminded that Cramer is still alive and on television was a high price to pay to watch these debates.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/jeb-bush-cnbc-republican-debate/

uh oh spaghettios

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm a simple mouthbreather. I don't understand why asking pointed questions with specific information in a "debate" is proof of liberal media.

Moderator: Tell me why your three page tax plan is so awesome! (Muffled by candidates balls in moderators mouth)

Trump and Carson seemed to have lower energy than Bush on this one.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Venom Snake posted:

Asking real questions makes your a leftist democrat shill apparently.

real questions like "is fantasy football gambling??"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

So are y'all saying Cramer's question to Carson on medicine price controls was bullshit? I thought it was okay.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

That's Drudge's only tweet.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

Ted Cruz: B+

What is wrong with these people.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

real questions like "is fantasy football gambling??"

Uh. It kinda is now? Have you not seen the things on FanDuel and DraftKings and all the weird insider bullshit and ESPN-linkage going on? They have a show that basically treats it like a new stock market because they have "daily duels" now.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Pulp Can Move posted:

The reviewers, or the people they're curving the reviews to? They're absolutely correct that Cruz was very well received by the GOP base. If you don't think he was a B+ it's because you're not their target vote.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Aliquid posted:

So are y'all saying Cramer's question to Carson on medicine price controls was bullshit? I thought it was okay.

Jim Cramer could ask the most insightful and important question in the world and he'd still be Jim "BUY BUY BUY BEAR STEARNS" Cramer.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Neeksy posted:

Uh. It kinda is now? Have you not seen the things on FanDuel and DraftKings and all the weird insider bullshit and ESPN-linkage going on? They have a show that basically treats it like a new stock market because they have "daily duels" now.

In retrospect it's really weird that Christie blew up with his "who gives a poo poo about fantasy football when ISIS is trying to kill us" rant because all of the candidates were fully aware that this debate was supposed to focus on domestic economic issues and not foreign policy. Regardless of whether or not anyone thinks FanDuel is important it's at least within the pre-agreed topics of discussion.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

That's very well written by Silver and I like that they admit their wrongs.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

In retrospect it's really weird that Christie blew up with his "who gives a poo poo about fantasy football when ISIS is trying to kill us" rant because all of the candidates were fully aware that this debate was supposed to focus on domestic economic issues and not foreign policy. Regardless of whether or not anyone thinks FanDuel is important it's at least within the pre-agreed topics of discussion.
Dunno if you saw the baby-table debate, but Lindsey Graham's response to every econ question thrown his way was a variation of "are homeland is under attack" "Obama is weak on defense" "let's bomb the world". So this was not exactly without precedent.

Christie's "BUT ISIS EXISTS" rebuttal was dumb as gently caress and could be thrown at literally any topic that night for similar effect. He's lucky the audience is loving dumb.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Are we all forgetting that Carly Fiorina stated it wasn't the government's job to set minimum wages?

Are we so inundated to crazy poo poo that we let that one slide?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maxwells Demon posted:

Are we all forgetting that Carly Fiorina stated it wasn't the government's job to set minimum wages?

Are we so inundated to crazy poo poo that we let that one slide?

No, but her star is fading fast and nobody gives a gently caress what she says about jobs since she fired 30k people and treats it like some wise decision.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pulp Can Move posted:

I think B+ for Cruz is reasonable.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Neeksy posted:

yeah but who gives a poo poo, please ask real questions

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
also "seal team gampy sr six" made me laugh a lot

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

I think B+ for Cruz is reasonable.

Cruz had the second best night, so yeah, B+ is very reasonable.

Jeb! is at an F, total loser, spaz, autistic fantasy football boy.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Worst part of the debate for me: Carson saying the pharmaceutical price gouging is because of over-regulation.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Gotta sound economically populist while sticking with conservative messaging, even if it means completely contradicting yourself.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait how the hell is Trump losing steam already?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

im starting to feel legit sorry for jeb. everything he does fails horribly, no one is taking him seriously, and all he seems to get out this whole thing is humiliation and sickening jokes about his wife and family whom he clearly loves very much. i know its anathema to feel simpathy for a bush but i honestly believe him and his brother are well meaning rubes conned into a horrible ideology by their father and his cronies

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Grouchio posted:

Wait how the hell is Trump losing steam already?

All part of his plan so he can gracefully drop out to continue promoting his new book during the General. :tinfoil:

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

babypolis posted:

im starting to feel legit sorry for jeb. everything he does fails horribly, no one is taking him seriously, and all he seems to get out this whole thing is humiliation and sickening jokes about his wife and family whom he clearly loves very much. i know its anathema to feel simpathy for a bush but i honestly believe him and his brother are well meaning rubes conned into a horrible ideology by their father and his cronies

He's proud of ruining lots of people's lives who gives a poo poo about him

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

babypolis posted:

I feel pretty much the same way at this point.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
W. seemed legitimately perplexed that people hated him so much

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Full Battle Rattle posted:

W. seemed legitimately perplexed that people hated him so much

So did Louis XVI.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Worst part of the debate for me: Carson saying the pharmaceutical price gouging is because of over-regulation.

this was a running theme during the debate and it was very aggravating. plenty of candidates acknowledged the problems of modern capitalism and the solution was always more capitalisn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Mister Macys posted:

All part of his plan so he can gracefully drop out to continue promoting his new book during the General. :tinfoil:

You lost me at Trump doing something "gracefully".

• Locked thread