Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Swan Oat posted:

So was this anything or nah?

I assume it was Jeb trying to take down Rubio only to get totally dunked on in response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I assume it was Jeb trying to take down Rubio only to get totally dunked on in response.

That was it. Which is like, you know, not even the top 10 dumbest things that happened, but maybe if you're a republican it was worthy of that hype. Donald Trump implied he had a gun with him on stage.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

30.5 Days posted:

That was it. Which is like, you know, not even the top 10 dumbest things that happened, but maybe if you're a republican it was worthy of that hype. Donald Trump implied he had a gun with him on stage.

That wasn't even as good as what preceded it, though.

"Mr Trump, you've said the shooting in Oregon wouldn't have been as severe if it hadn't been a gun free zone. Would you feel more comfortable if your employees came to work with guns?"

*pause* *sharp inhale* "Yyyyyyyyes."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PUGGERNAUT posted:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/28/jeb-bush-to-marco-rubio-you-should-be-showing-up-to-work.html

It was pretty harsh on the ol' Bush to get thrashed so handily.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Which one out of all these candidates is most likely to actually wear a loaded gun to a debate, do you think?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

showbiz_liz posted:

Which one out of all these candidates is most likely to actually wear a loaded gun to a debate, do you think?

At this point it would be Jeb! carrying a gun with one bullet in the chamber and no magazine.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I'm thinking Kasich, just so he could end it all.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Rollofthedice posted:

Kasich would probably shoot up the entire stage before turning the gun on himself, though.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

FAUXTON posted:

At this point it would be Jeb! carrying a gun with one bullet in the chamber and no magazine.

I dunno, I'd give him two. Murder-suicide seems right up his alley. He'd dramatically fail to murder, naturally.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MSNBC interviewing Carson for specifics on tax plan, confirmed that corporations will be double taxed and also anybody with both traditional and capital gains income

Also nobody will be paying more but there will be no waivers and also we'll be making a bunch more money

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fix posted:

I dunno, I'd give him two. Murder-suicide seems right up his alley. He'd dramatically fail to murder, naturally.

I'm assuming you're imagining him trying to take Trump with him?

Of course I do agree he'd find some way to screw it up in the most pathetic way.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"The democratic debate was between the Bolsheviks and the Mensheviks" - Ted Cruz, to applause

I was watching a debate highlight reel, that was the second clip, and I had to shut it off after that because :psyduck:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fix posted:

That's because he brought a gun with only one god drat bullet in it.

because his daddy shot Kennedy so he grew up thinking he inherited bulletmancer powers

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Alkydere posted:

I'm assuming you're imagining him trying to take Trump with him?

Rubio or his own foot, if tonight was any indication.

How bad is CNBC if you can ask google video for "Republican Debate CNBC" and the first relevant clip is a CNN summary? Come on.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fix posted:

Rubio or his own foot, if tonight was any indication.

How bad is CNBC if you can ask google video for "Republican Debate CNBC" and the first relevant clip is a CNN summary? Come on.

CNBC isn't a website people typically visit, but they have highlights right there on the site.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I loved Rand Paul making GBS threads on the baby boomers and then chastising the boomers for not loving enough. He straight up said "Medicare and Social Security are falling apart because after World War 2 people had a bunch of kids. Now people are having smaller families so we can't support those programs."

Rand Paul implied in a debate everyone needs to have more unprotected sex.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

MSNBC interviewing Carson for specifics on tax plan, confirmed that corporations will be double taxed and also anybody with both traditional and capital gains income

Also nobody will be paying more but there will be no waivers and also we'll be making a bunch more money

That's surprising, am I imagining things or did Rubio propose eliminating the capital gains tax altogether?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

limp_cheese posted:

I loved Rand Paul making GBS threads on the baby boomers and then chastising the boomers for not loving enough. He straight up said "Medicare and Social Security are falling apart because after World War 2 people had a bunch of kids. Now people are having smaller families so we can't support those programs."

Even better, he's doing that during a debate for the nomination of a party who is inherently xenophobic and want to basically just end immigration.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

FAUXTON posted:

CNBC isn't a website people typically visit, but they have highlights right there on the site.

Thank you! Weird it didn't propagate. I wanted to go back and watch Fiorina's closing statement again.

I counted 103 blinks in 55 seconds, give or take ten or so.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
I'm trying to imagine honest blue collar plumbermens people debating what they heard at this debate tonight and my mind is exploding, please advise.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mavric posted:

I'm trying to imagine honest blue collar plumbermens people debating what they heard at this debate tonight and my mind is exploding, please advise.

They watched the world series instead.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mavric posted:

I just got back from the gym where one of the TVs had a panel of people saying things like, "Fiorina looked really solid on all the issues" and, "Cruz just seems so genuine and likeable" so I just wanted to say it's been a good run and I look forward to seeing you all in the next life because now I'm going to drink some Dr. Carson Approved Homeopathic Ethically Sourced NutriBleach and be rid of all this

edit - it didn't work

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

My grandparents went wild over Cruz's little temper tantrum and Trump's stupidity. They're both pretty blue collar, so that's one look into what that demographic thinks about this idiocy.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I watched a soccer game instead, Seattle won the first round in the playoffs. However based off the thread can Washington & Oregon just secede. We have our dumb conservatives, but I can work with the half baked libertarians that constitute the right wing in the Northwest...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

a lot of r/conservative thought cruz won the debate, and they love his flat tax plan

dear loving god the us is so hosed if a republican becomes president (still voting bernie in the primary though)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Candidate as DnD character makes its triumphant return

Foul negromancer

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mavric posted:

they're voting for donald trump just FYI

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

A big ol' influx of immigrants would also solve this problem.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Rollofthedice posted:

Kasich is actually getting some of the highest approval ratings of his gubernatorial career right now. Even if he crashes and burns nationally, he's well-liked at home.

Biggest surprise last night was the vanishing of Trump. After dominating the stage recentky, he seemed to disappear.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

Biggest surprise last night was the vanishing of Trump. After dominating the stage recentky, he seemed to disappear.

I feel the fact that he's been blasting his domestic policy all over the place might have a part in this. It feels like he just sat back and let the others fight over who had the worst plan while he's proven he can say what the base wants in that category.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

JT Jag posted:

Candidate as DnD character makes its triumphant return

Foul negromancer

Romney with a 19 CHA is laughable.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Romney with a 19 CHA is laughable.

Sword. Magic. +1.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

JonathonSpectre posted:

edit: this has to be a pretty serious nail in the JEB!'s coffin tonight, right? He was expected to "do something" and what he did was get clowned on by Rubio so hard it registered worldwide on seismographs. He might as well have brought a travel pillow and taken a loving nap for all the good he did himself tonight.

And the thing is Rubio responded to the attack by citing that Obama did the same thing. Like, how do you miss the obvious "Are you comparing yourself to Barack Obama like it's a good thing?" megaburn?

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

:vince:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Evil Fluffy posted:

go the drinking age route of simply withholding a bit of Federal funds for any State that doesn't use a means of drawing districts like California does.

This has already been tried in other matters and basically you can't just withhold the highway funds each time, it has to be a topic that's relevant to the interest.

So for example, if the Feds have grants set up to help states set up voting locations, then yes they can withhold those if the states don't cooperate. They can't just say "oh well we're withholding road money until you ungerrymander your state".

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

pathetic little tramp posted:

And the thing is Rubio responded to the attack by citing that Obama did the same thing. Like, how do you miss the obvious "Are you comparing yourself to Barack Obama like it's a good thing?" megaburn?

He's just so, so laughably bad at this. GW Bush, for all his many devastating, country-wrecking faults, was at least a hell of a campaigner. The JEB! is making Mitt Romney look like Barack Obama. I saw his "warm kiss" line this morning and practically retched, who thought that was a good idea? Rubio has to feel like Darth Vader after Obi-Wan put his saber up and let himself be disintegrated today.

I still can't believe the poo poo I saw last night. We are in a lot of trouble if any of these people make it into the White House, not just because of their troglodyte fantasy ideas but because of what it says about the electorate in our country. If a majority of people can't see right through stupid poo poo like, "Well, I think 10% is enough for GOD so it should be enough for MAMMON!" or "WEED is the biggest scourge in our country!" then maybe we really do deserve to burn.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Mavric posted:

Depends on whether they're in a union or not.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

JonathonSpectre posted:

He's just so, so laughably bad at this. GW Bush, for all his many devastating, country-wrecking faults, was at least a hell of a campaigner. The JEB! is making Mitt Romney look like Barack Obama. I saw his "warm kiss" line this morning and practically retched, who thought that was a good idea? Rubio has to feel like Darth Vader after Obi-Wan put his saber up and let himself be disintegrated today.

I still can't believe the poo poo I saw last night. We are in a lot of trouble if any of these people make it into the White House, not just because of their troglodyte fantasy ideas but because of what it says about the electorate in our country. If a majority of people can't see right through stupid poo poo like, "Well, I think 10% is enough for GOD so it should be enough for MAMMON!" or "WEED is the biggest scourge in our country!" then maybe we really do deserve to burn.

Yeah this is where I'm at. If we elect any of those people it says a lot about us as a country, either that we are absurdly uneducated and uninformed or just hateful in general. I'm not sure how we come back after that point since four years of Rubio is just going to cement that downward spiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

JonathonSpectre posted:

Over half the country favors using the risk of a default to extract spending cuts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/poll-a-majority-of-americans-favor-government-shutdown-to-secure-spending-cuts_562f79bfe4b0c66bae595d8b

Always never be sober.

• Locked thread