Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

DXH posted:

Anyone else having trouble getting to the character selection screen? I can log in just fine but then it just perpetually loads with the KOTFE splash screen.

I'm having the same issue. I launched the game and went away for like 10 minutes and when I came back it was still loading the character selection screen. It still is. I tried relaunching it, and it's happening again. I guess they messed something up in that maintenance.

EDIT: All my characters are on Jedi Covenant.

Beeme fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I can't change servers to Jedi Covenant, error about that particular server being unavailable.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

DXH posted:

Anyone else having trouble getting to the character selection screen? I can log in just fine but then it just perpetually loads with the KOTFE splash screen.

Yup. Seems to be affecting a bunch of people.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I'm getting the same problem.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Same problem.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

DXH posted:

Chiming in yeah it's happening to me too.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Ditto. Everyone please keep trying nonstop and post when it works so I don't have to do it myself. Thanks. :)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

quote:

Hey everyone,

We're looking into this! I'll keep you updated as I learn more.

-Tait

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Seems fixed?

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
I got in!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

So tomorrow Explosive Conflict is in group finder and I HAVE to see how badly it's been nerfed. 8pm EDT. If we get enough interested people we can do it 16m to Kephess and then split for group finder rewards.

I'll be around for this. From what I've read on other forums, it got nerfed super hard. Toth and Zorn don't get their buff from being close to each other. Hovertanks don't use Incinerate Armor or Double Destruction. Kephess doesn't use Breath of the Masters, doesn't pull people in before doing his giant purple circle, and the Trandoshan waves come out slower. It should be pretty much tank and spank.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Nipponophile posted:

I'll be around for this. From what I've read on other forums, it got nerfed super hard. Toth and Zorn don't get their buff from being close to each other. Hovertanks don't use Incinerate Armor or Double Destruction. Kephess doesn't use Breath of the Masters, doesn't pull people in before doing his giant purple circle, and the Trandoshan waves come out slower. It should be pretty much tank and spank.

I'll be down for this as well. I don't have a full tank set for Inkarisa, but I could probably buy one on Adonnta and shove it over with the 4.5 billion legacy armors I now have.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

wtftastic posted:

I'll be down for this as well. I don't have a full tank set for Inkarisa, but I could probably buy one on Adonnta and shove it over with the 4.5 billion legacy armors I now have.

Remember on story mode your stats are bolstered. So you genuinely don't need a full set of you tank.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

So...how do I turn on cutscene subtitles? The only subtitle option I found seems to not help much. I only get dialogue when I have a response to give.

Also my camera moves WAY too fast, despite the option being at minimum?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is it just me, or did the camera start moving during SoR cinematics? It's always a very slow drift, so I start to feel dizzy/disoriented, because all the previous cinematics have used static camera placement.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

DXH posted:

Was having the same issue but there was a post linked on Reddit that they were working on it and I was just able to log in now.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

prefect posted:

Is it just me, or did the camera start moving during SoR cinematics? It's always a very slow drift, so I start to feel dizzy/disoriented, because all the previous cinematics have used static camera placement.

It definitely did. KotFE takes cinematics to a whole new level for SWTOR, however. There's way more action, choreography, facial expressions, etc.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
uhm wheres my companion window? Its enabled in UI and i can't summon companions from the crew window. I haven't started the new stuff yet.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Casyl posted:

It definitely did. KotFE takes cinematics to a whole new level for SWTOR, however. There's way more action, choreography, facial expressions, etc.

It's another way that this is the mass effect 2 of swtor; they're actually using camera angles and movement in their cutscenes instead of constant shot, reverse-shot views from before. It's nice.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AcidRonin posted:

uhm wheres my companion window? Its enabled in UI and i can't summon companions from the crew window. I haven't started the new stuff yet.

There's a little fist icon left-of-center in the top-of-window icon bar. That's how you summon people now.

Counting from the left, it's the fifth icon here:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Minefield boss now has kolto stations instead of mines

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Nipponophile posted:

I would very much like to be around for this as well. I've only had time to raid with the guild once back during Dread Fortress and it was a ton of fun. Going to try my hardest to be on tonight.

AcidRonin posted:

There's a new companion window that defaults to N now. You summon through that. The previous companion window is now bound to B and is used strictly for crafting/gathering.

Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 29, 2015

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Double post, dammit

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

I think it only drops in nightmare mode, but I'll be fighting tooth and nail for it if it does drop. That went from a "eh kinda cool" drop to "HOLY poo poo NEED" with KOTFE. :)

What is this customization you speak of

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
What if denying Valkorian's power actually gets one of your companions killed later in the story :eyepop:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So for some reason lots of people have been coming back to play this game all of a sudden. I know, it's weird.

That's No Goon is getting full. Leaving aside the logistics of a relatively low character limit in a game that encourages you to play all the alts for all the stories, we need to take measures to ameliorate the cycles of booting inactives and inevitably re-inviting them.

We're starting an alt guild!

We'll get the logistics worked out later tonight, but it should be set up and rolling by this evening. Any characters that you aren't actively playing should be moved over to the new guild, since right now we're down to purging characters who haven't logged in for 20 days. I don't think the population boom will last forever, so I'm expecting more of a holding area than an active second guild, but if the situation changes we can certainly adjust going forward.

So here's the part where we solicit funny names from everyone. One of them may or may not be chosen as the alt guild name.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nipponophile posted:

So here's the part where we solicit funny names from everyone. One of them may or may not be chosen as the alt guild name.

Blue Goon
Goon River
Harvest Goon
Bad Goon Rising
Dark Side of the Goon (Yes, I know that's an album title, not a song title.)

Wait, were they supposed to be funny? :shobon:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nipponophile posted:

So for some reason lots of people have been coming back to play this game all of a sudden. I know, it's weird.

That's No Goon is getting full. Leaving aside the logistics of a relatively low character limit in a game that encourages you to play all the alts for all the stories, we need to take measures to ameliorate the cycles of booting inactives and inevitably re-inviting them.

We'll get the logistics worked out later tonight, but it should be set up and rolling by this evening. Any characters that you aren't actively playing should be moved over to the new guild, since right now we're down to purging characters who haven't logged in for 20 days. I don't think the population boom will last forever, so I'm expecting more of a holding area than an active second guild, but if the situation changes we can certainly adjust going forward.

Can always use the pre-existing Fleet Maintenance joke guild I made. :)

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

No Quinns Allowed

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Do certain sidequests become unobtainable after a certain point in the storyline? Say, after doing the class chapter 3? Or, has the questgiver for the revanite quest chain in Dromund Kaas been moved?

MikeyLikesIt posted:

No Quinns Allowed

I married Quinn and now he's sending me mail about the logistics of my procreation, help.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Beeme posted:

Do certain sidequests become unobtainable after a certain point in the storyline? Say, after doing the class chapter 3? Or, has the questgiver for the revanite quest chain in Dromund Kaas been moved?

Alternatively, can we go back to that guy and punch him in the dick?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Dessel posted:

So, the incredibly annoying mouse twitching bug is still in the game.

It basically makes you turn into a random direction occasionally when using the mouse to turn. I also googled but it seems it has not been fixed nor is there a user generated fix either. This bug has been in since release, Jesus Christ. :psyduck:

Any ways to mitigate this issue? It's infuriating.[/url]

WoW also has this issue. It seems to stem from bad handling of mouse capture -- normally, when you hold down the mouse to look, it hides the cursor, sets its effective location to the centre of the window and then starts recording any delta from that centre to drive mouselook. When the bug happens, it hides the cursor, starts recording deltas and then sets the location to the centre, causing a huge delta and the camera spin that has come to drive hundreds of players crazy.

For a more detailed explanation, people are still quoting my post from 2013 about the issue.

The only solution I've found to "mitigate" it is to get used to always initiate mouselook as close to the centre of the screen as possible.

Nipponophile posted:

Starfleet Dental. :colbert:

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Beeme posted:

I married Quinn and now he's sending me mail about the logistics of my procreation, help.

You married Quinn?! Man your character must've been going through some tough times.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

MikeyLikesIt posted:

You married Quinn?! Man your character must've been going through some tough times.
I feel a strong need to make the choices that result in experiencing the most "content".

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Nipponophile posted:

The Could City Rollers

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Can always use the pre-existing Fleet Maintenance joke guild I made. :)

You know, this is probably a better idea. OK, change of plans.

EVERYONE BUG MEDULLAH ON THEIR ALTS FOR INVITES TO HIS GUILD

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Beeme posted:

Or, has the questgiver for the revanite quest chain in Dromund Kaas been moved?

He has indeed been moved; he's over by The Wall (aka Lord Grathan's estate) now. You should be still good to do it if you've only completed your class story; not sure if you can after starting KOTFE, however, as it is one of those critical/purple story arcs now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Call it "Kylo Ren is Luke".

(not a real spoiler, nobody freak out.)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Marauder She Wrote was always the best guild name.

Beeme posted:

I feel a strong need to make the choices that result in experiencing the most "content".

This is the saddest email I've ever seen. He keeps calling you "My Lord"? Grow a pair, Quinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

You know, this is probably a better idea. OK, change of plans.

EVERYONE BUG MEDULLAH
FTFY

• Locked thread