Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Hey Chief posted:

Best companion in F3 was Sydney. She only joins you a couple times, and only for a short while, but then afterwards she becomes a merchant and has another quest tied to her. More companions should be done in that manner imo.

...who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Oh yeah, the museum lady who you go treasure hunting with in the Mall.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
You meet her in some super mutant building in DC, I think the museum where you get the declaration of independence from the insane robot. She has a unique 10mm SMG and when she died I looted it off her corpse.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You could get a casting resin and paint that on in thin layers. It dries rock hard, and it should absorb somewhat into the spackle to make a tough surface. If you go that route, mix up small batches, and paint on very thin successive layers. The resin can get very hot as it catalyzes, and you don't want to burn yourself or weaken the gun with too much heat.

I'm working overtime to get it painted in time for a halloween party on Saturday - would that be a long process, or something I can fit in tonight right before priming?

Or would something like this be good? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Zinsser-12-oz-Clear-Shellac-Spray-408/100176744

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
First Fallout 4 reviewer leak, please look away if you don't want to have the main menu spoiled for you

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
HATE CREW

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is the first major console release I've really cared about. Are there sites that detail which brick and mortar stores have broken release date?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ymgve posted:

First Fallout 4 reviewer leak, please look away if you don't want to have the main menu spoiled for you

I now want this to have the old transformers sound as you suit up. I can wait for the mod to fix this need.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ymgve posted:

@mods ban this guy

crew is credits, right?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Hey Chief posted:

Best companion in F3 was Sydney. She only joins you a couple times, and only for a short while, but then afterwards she becomes a merchant and has another quest tied to her. More companions should be done in that manner imo.

There is a mod that makes her a fully voice acted companion complete with the original voice actress doing the role. It's good enough to be considered official me thinks.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
A TODD HOWARD GAME.

DIRECTED BY TODD HOWARD.

SCENARIO DESIGN BY TODD HOWARD AND EMIL PAGLIARULO.

STARRING:
THE SUPER MUTANT TRASH MOB.
A MISINTERPRETATION OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL.
GUYS IN REVOLUTIONARY WAR GARB IN THE YEAR 2388 OR WHATEVER.

GUEST STARRING:
THREE DOG.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
A ferocious helping of triggers if I ever saw one

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Could anyone clarify what time the game will be released on Steam? I assumed it would be their usual 10 AM Pacific, but now I realize they would probably do a midnight release for something big like Fallout 4.

I took the 11th off because I figured it would release around noon here (central time) and I would play when I got home and have the whole next day off. That might have been a mistaken assumption.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Gonna do a party boy run and make sure everyone is drunk all the time. My booze towns will ship booze to each other and the wasteland will be a better place. Hopefully one of the commands you can give enemies is "Drink this and let's party!"

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Geoff Zahn posted:

I'm working overtime to get it painted in time for a halloween party on Saturday - would that be a long process, or something I can fit in tonight right before priming?

Or would something like this be good? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Zinsser-12-oz-Clear-Shellac-Spray-408/100176744

Resin is going to be a process. Paint and clear coat should hold in the short term. I would save any long-term builds for later. Hell, even if it starts to break up slap on some duct tape and it'll look just as good!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Have they kept settlements under wraps for the most part? Like do we know if we can do wave defenses for loot and poo poo or set it up as a trading post and be a rich rear end in a top hat? Or is it just gonna be like one of the six hundred million modded homes on nexus?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Inverness posted:

Could anyone clarify what time the game will be released on Steam? I assumed it would be their usual 10 AM Pacific, but now I realize they would probably do a midnight release for something big like Fallout 4.

I took the 11th off because I figured it would release around noon here (central time) and I would play when I got home and have the whole next day off. That might have been a mistaken assumption.

Also took the 11th off! Good plan! :hfive:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Inverness posted:

Either midnight EST or midnight pacific, I've seen both. It won't be a late morning/mid day regular steam release

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Bob NewSCART posted:

Have they kept settlements under wraps for the most part? Like do we know if we can do wave defenses for loot and poo poo or set it up as a trading post and be a rich rear end in a top hat? Or is it just gonna be like one of the six hundred million modded homes on nexus?

They have kept pretty much everything under wraps. We really don't know more than what was in the E3 reveal.

That will probably change over the next few days though.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Geoff Zahn posted:

So I'm working on a thing for Halloween

How the hell can I seal spackle to keep it from chipping? Will a few layers of paint and clear coat be good enough?
gently caress dell printers and their ridiculously expensive and short-lived drums which are destined to go out of production in 2 or three years after purchase.. :P

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

I think the E3 presentation is the only info we got about it and it indicates there will be both attacks on your settlement with defenses you can set up, and the ability to set up trade caravans.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Inverness posted:

Available: 10 November
This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 4 days and 18 hours (as of right now, according to Steam's store page.)

Looks like a 3am EST release. (If it takes into account DST)

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

A TODD HOWARD GAME.

DIRECTED BY TODD HOWARD.

SCENARIO DESIGN BY TODD HOWARD AND EMIL PAGLIARULO.

STARRING:
THE SUPER MUTANT TRASH MOB.
A MISINTERPRETATION OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL.
GUYS IN REVOLUTIONARY WAR GARB IN THE YEAR 2388 OR WHATEVER.

GUEST STARRING:
THREE DOG.

A Hideo Kojima Game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Gonna do a party boy run and make sure everyone is drunk all the time. My booze towns will ship booze to each other and the wasteland will be a better place. Hopefully one of the commands you can give enemies is "Drink this and let's party!"

Your playthrough isn't complete unless you make the Andrew W.K. of the wastes and you intimidate people into drinking or put booze into their inventory via reverse pickpocketing.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

chaosapiant posted:

Also took the 11th off! Good plan! :hfive:

My ship's in dry dock for the next four years. I may have enough time to fully mod Fallout 4.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/10/28/wife-enjoys-last-few-days-with-husband-before-release-of-fallout-4/

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

coyo7e posted:

gently caress dell printers and their ridiculously expensive and short-lived drums which are destined to go out of production in 2 or three years after purchase.. :P

Luckily my office doesn't think that way so I get free laser rifle barrels!

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Geoff Zahn posted:

Shellac is going to be fairly brittle, too. Your best bet is a couple of gray primer coats & a metallic topcoat, and to hope for the best. Cardboard is flexible and spackle isn't, so any strain is going to crack the spackle unless you coat the whole thing in plasti-dip. Like somebody already said, anything that chips off just sand it and touch it up, call it battle damage.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bob NewSCART posted:

we know it will work like fallout shelter, at least the hud tells you as much. getting water, power, food and happiness is going to be a part of it.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Nevets posted:

Shellac is going to be fairly brittle, too. Your best bet is a couple of gray primer coats & a metallic topcoat, and to hope for the best. Cardboard is flexible and spackle isn't, so any strain is going to crack the spackle unless you coat the whole thing in plasti-dip. Like somebody already said, anything that chips off just sand it and touch it up, call it battle damage.

Yeah, I'll just go with that. It's surprisingly sturdy, but I'm sure some bits will chip off the barrel. The stock and receiver is 6 layers of really strong cardboard (layered in a way that the corrugation switches from horizontal to vertical to keep it from bending easily) + wood glue so that part I'm not too worried about. It just has to survive Halloween and a convention next May, I'm sure before that comes up I'll have a stronger fix. Still need to make the slope behind the ammo cell, I'll probably end up using a styrofoam cone or something.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
You can get flexible joint compound instead the stuff that dries hard.

Also it may sound dumb but this stuff works great as a fast drying and less toxic clear sealer for a lot of things. Never used it on anything like what you are doing though.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

2house2fly posted:

You meet her in some super mutant building in DC, I think the museum where you get the declaration of independence from the insane robot. She has a unique 10mm SMG and when she died I looted it off her corpse.
It's more useful to keep her alive. She becomes a ammo merchant in Underworld and usually has more on her than anyone else in the game.

Inverness posted:

Bethesda's blog says US release is 12 AM on 11/10, which would be 9 PM on the 9th PST. EU release time is supposed to be a few hours sooner than US.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna take that Wed - Fri off. Super long weekend and gives them a day to patch any major release issues as well as lets me download while the servers aren't getting butt slammed.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Moridin920 posted:

Gonna take that Wed - Fri off. Super long weekend and gives them a day to patch any major release issues as well as lets me download while the servers aren't getting butt slammed.
There is going to be pre-loading you know. You'll have days to download before release.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 29, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inverness posted:

There is going to be pre-loading you know. You'll have days to download before release.

True. There'll still be release day issues that will get hotfixed out though. There's no way there won't be.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Also there will likely be dumb sites like Humble bundle that probably won't release the keys until its too late do early preloading. Which I can live with, but all I can do then is watch streams and imagine Piper having a cigar chomping 50s news woman's voice.

LONE SURVIVOR SCORES 50 DAMES IN ONE SITTING? WHAT A SCOOP!

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
In the past GreenManGaming has been good about releasing keys for pre-orders a few days in advance so you can pre-load the game, but I'm guessing it falls on the publisher getting keys to them.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If you just keep giving Gabe your paychecks you won't have to worry about getting your games late.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Fina posted:

In the past GreenManGaming has been good about releasing keys for pre-orders a few days in advance so you can pre-load the game, but I'm guessing it falls on the publisher getting keys to them.

This has been the opposite of my experience, but I agree it's not their fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Geoff Zahn posted:

If it needs to be a quick job, I would go with the spray on stuff. Casting resin would take several days to do multiple coats.

• Locked thread