Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This... :eyepop: But isn't monitor setup all wrong? The cockpit is so squished together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

quaunaut posted:

One thing that the survey mentioned were unique, randomly generated courses.

That with realistic physics would be amazing as DLC for DiRT Rally, or a sequel. I love learning new stuff, but I don't want it to be with an arcadey game.

Dirt: Dakar, come ooonnnnn

Also they mentioned other vehicles and bikes, yes, loving, please.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

I said come in! posted:

This... :eyepop: But isn't monitor setup all wrong? The cockpit is so squished together.

Yeah it looks a bit off to me, but I was more posting about the sick driving

Will this effect leaderboards at all?

Skwee fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 29, 2015

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I was challenging for the lead in my trusty Fulvia (at the lowest level but that doesn't matter) in Finland until the worst thing happened to me: ended up getting punctures on both my rear tyres on consecutive corners. I probably should have stopped and changed one right then (first quarter of the stage) but I stuck with it until both ended up on the rim, at that point it was literally underivable. One one hand annoying; on the other its the first rally game that I know of (bar RBR but I'm not sure about this) to have punctures be an important thing which is nice

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Skwee posted:

Will this effect leaderboards at all?
No, plenty of people use it. All it does is do more finetuned adjustment of the FFB settings.

Also, in this week's league thing: jesus sealhammer, that was a close finish.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Made it to Professional in Career mode. Completed 7 of the 8 stages for Greece. Started the 8th and final stage 10s behind the leader and fell off a cliff. Retired.

:suicide:

I was in the zone for the previous 7, no more than 5% damage for any part of the car. As punishing as that was, I love the game.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

bsamu posted:

No, plenty of people use it. All it does is do more finetuned adjustment of the FFB settings.

I was eighteen seconds down after the first stage because I flew off the track in the first corner and planted my hood in a tree (I haven't done the Stratos since the update) and six seconds up before the last stage, then burned that lead by breaking late on every hairpin and having to do a sick e-turn and stripping all the rubber off my tires in first gear while traveling backwards.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

bsamu posted:

I feel like I drive worse after installing that mod

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH
Did the first two stages for this week's dirtygoons. The people at the top- are you normally in master tier? If so, I'm feeling pretty good, 'cause only being 20 seconds behind while having spun out twice on the second stage feels good. Even the rain stage I did pretty well, though I was way too scared of the rain. Oh well.

I'm not in love with the Stratos on pavement. It's got the same power problems as when it's on dirt, but now you lose the ability to ice skate with it, and instead just have to drive so technically. It's fine, but not a favorite role of the car.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Another pic

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

quaunaut posted:

Did the first two stages for this week's dirtygoons. The people at the top- are you normally in master tier? If so, I'm feeling pretty good, 'cause only being 20 seconds behind while having spun out twice on the second stage feels good. Even the rain stage I did pretty well, though I was way too scared of the rain. Oh well.

I'm not in love with the Stratos on pavement. It's got the same power problems as when it's on dirt, but now you lose the ability to ice skate with it, and instead just have to drive so technically. It's fine, but not a favorite role of the car.

If I do another all-tarmac rally for the next season I'll probably make it the F2's, because those things can go stupidly fast on the tarmac and on tarmac you want to be able to go stupidly fast.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

SinineSiil posted:

Another pic

Beautiful.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MeatloafCat posted:

If you have a crappy card make sure the weather graphics are on medium or high. For some reason the ultra low quality weather slows mine way down and it's much faster with the more detailed rain.

Did that and it worked. Weird

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Did that and it worked. Weird

It could be the same problem Arma has with shadows where too-low settings push it onto the CPU.

E: I'm guessing Modern Masters hasn't always been listed as coming out in November? Is it being delayed a few days?

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Praseodymi posted:

It could be the same problem Arma has with shadows where too-low settings push it onto the CPU.

E: I'm guessing Modern Masters hasn't always been listed as coming out in November? Is it being delayed a few days?

Yea modern masters got pushed back a week I think. It was originally supposed to be out this past Tuesday.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yesss. More Subarus!

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

This is the Subaru I want, with the 'track' I kind of want, better in summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erKaPDP6V3g (Its tommi makinen driving around the hot version touge)

edit: check out 9:07 for a pretty good game face on moment.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 30, 2015

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog/5181

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Qmass posted:

This is the Subaru I want, with the 'track' I kind of want, better in summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erKaPDP6V3g (Its tommi makinen driving around the hot version touge)

edit: check out 9:07 for a pretty good game face on moment.

Just one paddle for shifting both up and down? That's interesting. Also i wish I had an e-brake that wasn't a button on my steering wheel that I can lose track of. I was thinking maybe there is a way to turn the h-shifter into an e-brake using a rubber band strapped around the stick and the console portion of the h-shifter (talking about a g27) to pull it out of 4th gear and then having 4th gear bound to e-brake somehow. I should and see if that is possible

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Skwee posted:

Just one paddle for shifting both up and down? That's interesting. Also i wish I had an e-brake that wasn't a button on my steering wheel that I can lose track of. I was thinking maybe there is a way to turn the h-shifter into an e-brake using a rubber band strapped around the stick and the console portion of the h-shifter (talking about a g27) to pull it out of 4th gear and then having 4th gear bound to e-brake somehow. I should and see if that is possible

I know a fair amount of people who use their shifters as handbrakes like that.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

It says this is 85th in the world but it cant possibly be, beat my time goons:

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Skwee posted:

One thing I love about the G25 is I can set it up to paddle shift, and then set the shifter to sequential and bind the pulling the stick to the e-brake. I wonder how much a G25 shift unit would run you.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There's a partial changelog of features in the new Road Book regarding the 0.9 update. Some cool stuff coming.

New group, the R4's which are cars that allow you to play pirated games on your Nintendo DS. Also the not-quite-WRC-level Impreza and Evo X.
Citroen C4 and Ford Focus RS being added to the 2000s.
V2 handling model going on the Group B and Group A cars.
Option to manually control headlights and wipers.
Seat adjustments and a visual wheel that actually matches your wheel's rotation.

That wheel thing alone is going to make me really happy with the cockpit camera, the alt camera mod is great but I'd love to not have to use it.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

njsykora posted:

Option to manually control headlights and wipers.

there is a god

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Codemasters deserve GOTY 2015 for game and the way they do development.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

njsykora posted:

I know a fair amount of people who use their shifters as handbrakes like that.

Ghetto e-brake is a success.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'd set up my shifter to be sequential, pull for gear up and push for gear down, then find a cheap joystick to use as an e-brake.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I have a joystick, but it wouldn't be as solidly planted. I also don't mind paddle shifters

e: are the calls on Finland way too loving early compared to other locations when using the same call timing, or is it just me?

Also anyone want to add me so I can see how bad I am with friend's comparison? http://steamcommunity.com/id/SkweeVariety

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 31, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Skwee posted:

I have a joystick, but it wouldn't be as solidly planted. I also don't mind paddle shifters

e: are the calls on Finland way too loving early compared to other locations when using the same call timing, or is it just me?

Also anyone want to add me so I can see how bad I am with friend's comparison? http://steamcommunity.com/id/SkweeVariety

No they are, they'll tweak the timing of them in the update because Germany was the same way until they changed the timing in the next patch.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Skwee posted:

You're probably just not going fast enough, hth

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Qmass posted:

It says this is 85th in the world but it cant possibly be, beat my time goons:

Didn't do the friend times thing, because I'm an idiot. I suspect the rank is because no one bothers doing long stages in Finland in the 60s cars. At least the Fulvia doesn't sound quite as annoying as the Mini at max revs.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

nice!

Spending about 8mins of the stage flat out, my trigger finger was starting to get bored.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

If we're putting time challenges up, my dad used to be an amateur rally driver, so I tried best to recreate what of his career was possible in this game:

Needless to say he drove the much friendlier 205 GTi, not a T16. I also tried to find a video or something, but this took place in roughly 2003, so all I found were these photos, the first of which is from Sweet Lamb:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
gently caress me, I am doing the 70s weekly event and at the end of the 3rd stage (Frauenberg) there is a left two or so that the co-driver didn't read out at all. Wrecked pretty hard..

Edit: The same turn is at the end of Waldabstieg, loving wasn't called out again. loving wrecked again.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nxi3LT3xwM

I'm loving great. hitting the final sign ended the stage, it was a great way to lighten my mood after such a horrible run on the last stage.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 1, 2015

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Just finished my first championship in the Mini. What's the best thing/car to do/get now?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Red_Fred posted:

Just finished my first championship in the Mini. What's the best thing/car to do/get now?

The OP posted:

- Drive the Lancia Stratos.

Seriously. Do it.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Anyone else finding the 2000's Impreza really slow or something? I'm losing out against the AI by ~2 seconds a split.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
I thought it was just me but the 2000 focus seems way faster. Maybe it needs a certain setup or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I thought the Focus felt a lot faster too, but in the previous league I played (2000s, Finland) the top 5 were all Imprezas, with just a few Focuses fitting in the top 10. I guess not?

• Locked thread