Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 344 is out.

Potential love interest/combo for Sunny? She's has a dislike of grossness and has many appendages she controls. Also, a chef.

Probably that's Froese soul at the end. I think Joie mentioned her soul didn't want to be revived so he took her place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 344 is out.

Potential love interest/combo for Sunny? She's has a dislike of grossness and has many appendages she controls. Also, a chef.

Probably that's Froese soul at the end. I think Joie mentioned her soul didn't want to be revived so he took her place.

I think Sunny would be into tentacle.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Sunny's only potential love interest is a person made out of mirrors

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
"Next year." :'(

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
This chapter by far was the most gross.

I think she should stay the hell away from Sunny, there would be a feedback loop of "GROSS!!" that could tear Area 6 apart. :ohdear:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Oooh looks like they're planning to revive a young version of Ichiryuu? That should make for some good fighting!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

unprofessional posted:

Yeah, that jumped out at me too. Is this one of those weird Jump things where their years change at a certain issue number or does that really mean no more Torikos until January? I can't deal with that!

EDIT: That would be gross! Haha, topical. :shobon: for reals I worry about cook-punch manga

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i'll be honest, guys. i'm not getting it

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

unprofessional posted:

Mangastream's translation just says Next Chapter. I'm glad it has slowed down a little bit here, and that we are hopefully going to see Don Slime join Komatsu's harem. Really enjoyed the gratuitous shot of Ichiryuu, thank you.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
So at the same time the Blue Nitro's cooking the full course to revive Neo. Don Slime is doing the same thing to revive Ichiryuu. That about right?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is this one of those weird Jump things where their years change at a certain issue number?

It's this. I think all the big weekly magazines (Jump, Sunday, Magazine) have their "years" start in November.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

davidHalestorm posted:

So at the same time the Blue Nitro's cooking the full course to revive Neo. Don Slime is doing the same thing to revive Ichiryuu. That about right?

It may be one in the same thing.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 345 is out

Komatsu laying the culinary smackdown. "You've all been at this for thousands of years and THIS is how you cook AIR? Let me show you how it's done."

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
So is the lady Komatsu's appetite demon?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

THIS... IS... KOMATSU!

Badass. Even though I still don't know why doing that to Air would count as cooking, Toriko loving sells it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Toriko science is the best kind of science

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

THIS... IS... KOMATSU!

Badass. Even though I still don't know why doing that to Air would count as cooking, Toriko loving sells it.

Well fugu sushi isnt cooking but it still requires skill to make it edible.
Just imagine instead of being poison it just became unedible.

Anyways prep is arguably as important as the cooking part.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
I can't believe that the explanation for the back channel is "a fish swam faster than the speed of light." . This manga is amazing.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

loving Komatsu. The manga should have been named after him.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

I can't believe that the explanation for the back channel is "a fish swam faster than the speed of light." . This manga is amazing.

To escape from a BLACK HOLE WHALE no less

brotato
May 14, 2013
Glad to see we're getting back to normal Toriko pacing. I was worried there for a bit.

Back channel still makes no sense tho. Is the problem that due to time dilation, your body dies? I mean considering spirits just seem to go where ever is that really that big of an issue?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
First chapter where I really, genuinely could not make sense of anything that they were saying but I am so happy that it looks like this isn't cancelled.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Toriko continuing the great tradition of "kids on the playground one upping each other"

Yeah well the whale is so big that the gravity is so huge that not even light can escape. :c00lbert:

The fish surpasses the speed of light.:smug:

:supaburn:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Toriko 346 is out

Golden cookware and Seven Beast, ohmy

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

Toriko 346 is out

and here i thought he was about to 'anime' the manga

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I feel like the good guys should be madder at the fact that they've been enslaving human for a very long time for this project. I liked how all the ten shells chef acknowledged that all the human chefs are top-tier, especially Chiyo and Komatsu

KoB posted:

Toriko continuing the great tradition of "kids on the playground one upping each other"

Yeah well the whale is so big that the gravity is so huge that not even light can escape. :c00lbert:

The fish surpasses the speed of light.:smug:

:supaburn:

Pretty sure this how evolution works, buddy. I mean, how else are you suppose to escape a black hole? :colbert:

brotato
May 14, 2013
Sea King Ocean :downs: I love it. What a weirdly cute deadly beast.

Here's hoping we get to see the Gourmet Knights do some actual fighting. I always liked Takimaru and his bone-dislocation technique is fuckin brutal.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Yum.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

davidHalestorm posted:

I feel like the good guys should be madder at the fact that they've been enslaving human for a very long time for this project. I liked how all the ten shells chef acknowledged that all the human chefs are top-tier, especially Chiyo and Komatsu

Yeah, I'd expect Match especially to be furious.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Of course Nono wins her match and we wont get to see it. :catstare:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Toriko 346 is out

I'm a little bummed out that we already have an idea of the outcome because of the flash forward.

Also.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Of course Nono wins her match and we wont get to see it. :catstare:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

davidHalestorm posted:

Yeah, the lack of care on the part of the protagonists is strange. As for the chefs, yeah, that was good; we already knew that Chiyo and Komatsu are two of the best, but seeing the antagonists outright admit that they weren't even facing the best the heroes had to offer is neat nonetheless.

Also, don't they already have some of the corgolem? That's what attacked them when they entered the shell, that Chiyo annihilated. Though maybe they need a specific part of it or something; I think they were attacked by a "branch" from it.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Yeah, I think they can't use the Corgolem that attacked because it is literally in bits after Chiyo was done with it, putting aside the fact whether or not it would've "counted" or not

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Chapter 347 is up

Camping monsters are so kawaii :3:

Last panel with Don Slime and Ichiryuu, :saddowns:

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 12, 2015

brotato
May 14, 2013
Man this time stuff just keeps getting more and more ridiculous.

Thanks Nono for asking the obvious question we were all thinking, tho. It would suck if in addition to doing all the hard work you'd also become prematurely old.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Jiji is a loving dick, tho. I guess the only good Nitro is a dead Nitro. See = Kaka.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
At what point does determination become blind faith?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Infinite loving curveballs here.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ha ha I didn't know if these guys were hardcore enough to do the thing I asked so I told them this thing that will actually feel like a full decade will only take like a week ha ha owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Ha ha I didn't know if these guys were hardcore enough to do the thing I asked so I told them this thing that will actually feel like a full decade will only take like a week ha ha owned

They're the fuckin Food Routine bastards they deserve what they get, and triple that.

gently caress food routine, it was so dumb.

• Locked thread