Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Lastgirl posted:

Reinhold is a good name, like Judge Reinhold or w/e

but Rheinhold is not, get that poo poo out of my face

Well Judge Reinhold's name is Judge which is totally dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Lastgirl posted:

Reinhold is a good name, like Judge Reinhold or w/e

but Rheinhold is not, get that poo poo out of my face

For what it's worth, everything I can find in 30 seconds of googling tells me his name is Reinhold, not Rheinhold, am I just an idiot? Man I have contributed to an extremely mundane derail here.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dogstoyevsky posted:

For what it's worth, everything I can find in 30 seconds of googling tells me his name is Reinhold, not Rheinhold, am I just an idiot? Man I have contributed to an extremely mundane derail here.

Maclaine made a spelling error so its all good.

We are in agreement that Reinhold is in fact a good and cool name, but adding an h is excessive and dumb.

in fact adding h to anything is dumb

vote Jeb Bus

jeb bettis, the bus

there u go, ive sucessfully reinvigorated Jeb's image and now no one will contest the Bus

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Imagine a human butt farting forever.

Also this is giving me a serious The Sheep Look Up vibe.

I'd think it would be a more Idiocracy vibe. But maybe in Carson's future America they really will care about whose rear end it is and why it's farting.

BTW, was thinking of starting a Brunner thread in the book barn. But I'm not much on effortposting these days. And besides, all my dreams are about to come true.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lastgirl posted:

Maclaine made a spelling error so its all good.

Yeah I goofed, which may be the result of spending a lot of time translating German lately, or just because I'm a big idiot.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah I goofed, which may be the result of spending a lot of time translating German lately, or just because I'm a big idiot.

dont be so hard on yourself friend :kiddo:

we're all human, unlike the GOP

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

memy posted:

Well Judge Reinhold's name is Judge which is totally dope

You wouldn't say that to J. Dredd, citizen memy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You know, I'm looking at the results for the 2012 Republican primaries, and for an insane person with a mostly Internet-based campaign, Ron Paul did really well.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

:rip:

<insert Terry Schiavo joke here>

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They're saying Boo-ush

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Phlegmish posted:

You know, I'm looking at the results for the 2012 Republican primaries, and for an insane person with a mostly Internet-based campaign, Ron Paul did really well.

As the final year in a lifetime of campaigning, though. But yeah, and teh Trump is doing even better.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Jeb Bush is the Ann Veal of the GOP Primaries

Him?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Jeb! doubling down on the Rubio attack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvv6vZvzq3E

It's just sad now Jeb. Just stop.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yeah, if you're having to spend time explaining why your campaign isn't hosed, then that's a pretty good sign your campaign is hosed.

Phlegmish posted:

They're saying Boo-ush

lol

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SnakePlissken posted:

And I am also incredibly loving excited for Jeb! In fact I think he's going to make all my dreams come true! And now I've just noticed that button is gone, it seems.

Fear not! You can still vote for the anti-establishment squishy baby diaper Ted Cruz.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

I'm a trendsetter

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
How long until Jeb! drops out? The convention?

How long until others start running out of money and begin dropping?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Rocks posted:

:rip:

<insert Terry Schiavo joke here>

Phrasing Jeb! PHRASING :eyepop:

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Donors Pull Feeding Tube From Brain-Dead Campaign

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

How long until Jeb! drops out? The convention?

How long until others start running out of money and begin dropping?

At this point, I don't think Jeb! is even going to make it to Iowa.

As for the others, I suspect that we'll be seeing the kiddie-table candidates (Jindal, Santorum, etc) drop out fairly soon.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
My favorite part of this thread is the posters seriously responding to Boosted's troll-posts. I'm not even kidding; please keep posting, Boosted.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

At this point, I don't think Jeb! is even going to make it to Iowa.

As for the others, I suspect that we'll be seeing the kiddie-table candidates (Jindal, Santorum, etc) drop out fairly soon.

Why does Santorum drop out? He doesn't have anything better to do with his life, his campaign is ~living off the land~, and he has the memory of his 2012 surge to cling to.

Like, Jindal and Christie have actual jobs they should be doing. Santorum and Pataki can just... hang out.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SnakePlissken posted:

As the final year in a lifetime of campaigning, though. But yeah, and teh Trump is doing even better.

Holy poo poo, Rick Santorum though. I remember him winning Iowa but I thought he petered out after that. He won every single county in Missouri. :eyepop:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 22, 2016

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Xenophon posted:

Ben Carson: "It is important to remember that amateurs built the Ark and it was the professionals that built the Titanic."

what a line

hmmm yes because the Titanic sank all on its own and not because it hit a big fuckoff iceberg

I'm sure this never would have happened to a giant ship made of loving wood no sir

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Very heartened to wake up to the GOP presidential field attacking CNBC and reality itself for being mean. Nothing makes you a more obvious loser in America than whining about the refs. Nothing says Reagan-esque like crying to mommy that cnbc was mean to you.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Disillusionist posted:

My favorite part of this thread is the posters seriously responding to Boosted's troll-posts. I'm not even kidding; please keep posting, Boosted.

Though his tone is a bit much, I'll remind you that Boosted toxxed for Mitt last time around with only slightly less bombast about how right he was, how wrong we all were, and how skewed all the polls suggesting anything else were. Though Boosted may not be 100% serious at all times, I doubt he's actually trolling.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why does Santorum drop out? He doesn't have anything better to do with his life, his campaign is ~living off the land~, and he has the memory of his 2012 surge to cling to.

Like, Jindal and Christie have actual jobs they should be doing. Santorum and Pataki can just... hang out.

Also what's logical from the outside probably isn't anything like how the candidates see things. If you're the kind of person who's enough of a megalomaniac to think you should run the country, and are constantly surrounded by a bunch of people saying you can and will run the country, dropping out probably seems unthinkable until you absolutely have to face it.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
You also have to believe that every campaign thinks Trump and Carson will both flame out, and thus their current ~45% level of support makes the difference between polling at 3% and polling at 8% pretty trivial. I'm not saying that they're correct, mind you. But it's easy to imagine that they each have some variation of "when that finally happens, I'll be the brash tell-it-like-it-is guy" or "when that finally happens, I'll finally be able to get some media coverage" or some other variation.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I still can't get over how much Jeb looks like Butthead when he's smiling.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Sorry to have to explain this very course and ignoble reality to you, iJeb!, but on a deeply held, subconscious level, no one wants to vote for a Frankenstein looking uber-nerd to lead this country. We fancy ourselves a great nation that deserves to be led by handsome supermen, not stuttering hunchbacks who are searching for dudes they can give warm kisses to.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Xenophon posted:

You also have to believe that every campaign thinks Trump and Carson will both flame out, and thus their current ~45% level of support makes the difference between polling at 3% and polling at 8% pretty trivial. I'm not saying that they're correct, mind you. But it's easy to imagine that they each have some variation of "when that finally happens, I'll be the brash tell-it-like-it-is guy" or "when that finally happens, I'll finally be able to get some media coverage" or some other variation.

Yeah, any day now people are going to be flocking to Pataki, the candidate whose campaign is funded entirely by bake sales.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Forums Terrorist posted:

I still can't get over how much Jeb looks like Butthead when he's smiling.

he even has a trademark laugh like them

ayuk yuk yuk yuk

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Do It Once Right posted:

Ben Carson is actively participating in a transparent scheme to increase flatulence globally.

I was recently telling people I want to produce a pill called fartx that's the opposite of gasx because farting feels wonderful but it seems that super doctor Carson beat me to it

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Still lolling at them all saying the network that birthed the tea party has a liberal bias

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "This fillibuster will go on until about one in the morning and then we will find out who the true conservatives are." ~ Rand Paul, speaking on the Senate floor now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Strong floor chart game.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "This fillibuster will go on until about one in the morning and then we will find out who the true conservatives are." ~ Rand Paul, speaking on the Senate floor now.

Rand taking a Stand, shocking. Call outs from the Clown Phone, bring bring!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Is there a floor-chart making company based in D.C.?

Seems like a yooge business opportunity, if not true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

Rand taking a Stand, shocking. Call outs from the Clown Phone, bring bring!

• Locked thread