Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends

BigFactory posted:

I thought about cutting Randle to grab him but I'm going to let him stay right where he is.

I just cut Randle for ASJ. Done with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I have McFadden starting with Randle on bench as insurance. Now this could backfire, but it seemed safe enough.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

With rookie Stefon Diggs churning out big numbers in three straight games, the veteran Wallace is now playing second fiddle in the Vikings' passing attack. He still has the requisite speed to turn any pass into a long touchdown, but his role is neither big nor consistent enough for him to be considered anything more than a flex play. In fact, if he can't come through against the porous Bears defense this week, owners in standard leagues may consider dropping him -- if they haven't already.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Following McFadden's performance last week, all that really means is that CMike is a handcuff to him.

It doesn't honestly seem like Dallas has all that much interest in CMike and perhaps Seattle's thoughts on him were pretty accurate.

Bgwin
Apr 23, 2004
10 man ESPN PPR league I was offered L. Miller for J. Landry.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and a FLEX my team is:

QB: Dalton, Tannehill
RB: Forsett, Yeldon, Ellington, Randle, Vareen
WR: OBJ, Brown, Hopkins, Landry
TE: Ben Watson

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I really, really like what I've seen from Diggs this season. His route running is unreal. He's like what they probably wanted Patterson to be. I'm banking on him as a very cheap keeper next year.

Wallace is still fast, but he doesn't finish his routes and generally seems like he only puts in half effort when he feels like the ball isn't likely headed his way.

Unrelated advice request! I am starting the Vikings DST, but someone just dropped the Broncos. I could drop CMike to pick up the Broncos to start next week and onward, but after looking at the Vikings performance and upcoming schedule...is it really worth it?

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 29, 2015

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...

Bgwin posted:

10 man ESPN PPR league I was offered L. Miller for J. Landry.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and a FLEX my team is:

QB: Dalton, Tannehill
RB: Forsett, Yeldon, Ellington, Randle, Vareen
WR: OBJ, Brown, Hopkins, Landry
TE: Ben Watson

I would def do this. You don't need Landry with your WR Corp (is that AB84 or John Brown?) It doesn't really matter either way, Miller is an upgrade over Yeldon and gives depth at RB where you have a big drop off after Yeldon.

Mikey Purp posted:

Unrelated advice request! I am starting the Vikings DST, but someone just dropped the Broncos. I could drop CMike to pick up the Broncos to start next week and onward, but after looking at the Vikings performance and upcoming schedule...is it really worth it?

I would def do this. In fact I'd probably drop the Vikings def and start the Broncos even though they are matched up vs GB.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
My opponent this week added Miami defense this morning and is starting them on the road against NE. :gonk:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

coronaball posted:

My opponent this week added Miami defense this morning and is starting them on the road against NE. :gonk:

On thursday night.

Bgwin
Apr 23, 2004

antisocial posted:

I would def do this. You don't need Landry with your WR Corp (is that AB84 or John Brown?) It doesn't really matter either way, Miller is an upgrade over Yeldon and gives depth at RB where you have a big drop off after Yeldon.

I would def do this. In fact I'd probably drop the Vikings def and start the Broncos even though they are matched up vs GB.

Antonio Brown and that's what I was thinking too.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

BigFactory posted:

On thursday night.

Yup Im stuck with Miami Def but the thursday night factor has me not worried at all

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

the_american_dream posted:

Yup Im stuck with Miami Def but the thursday night factor has me not worried at all

It tends to keep scoring down. I don't think Miami's a bad play if that's what you've got. I expect Wake to get to Brady at least once, and it might be wet tonight.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did you guys actually watch the last Cowboys game because it's pretty loving obvious that McFadden is The Guy now

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BigFactory posted:

It tends to keep scoring down. I don't think Miami's a bad play if that's what you've got. I expect Wake to get to Brady at least once, and it might be wet tonight.

I'm seriously hoping it's wet out. Need those Miller touches.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

This is beautiful, I'm trading Jarvis Landry to the guy I'm playing this week. If I don't start him, the trade will go through tomorrow, too late for my opponent to play him. But I'll still be able to play the player I'm getting (A.J. Green).

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

This is beautiful, I'm trading Jarvis Landry to the guy I'm playing this week. If I don't start him, the trade will go through tomorrow, too late for my opponent to play him. But I'll still be able to play the player I'm getting (A.J. Green).

You sure the trade won't be locked? Pretty sure it would be on ESPN, even if Landry is on your bench.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

It's Yahoo, which says

quote:

Note: This trade will be processed on Friday, Oct 30 for Week 8. If the traded players have already played in Week 8 and were in a starting lineup, then the trade will be processed for Week 9 instead. If you've set your lineup for future dates, those changes will be reset to match your lineup for the day players are added.

I'm sitting Landry tonight on the assumption that this is correct. Anyone know if I'm making a mistake?

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

It's Yahoo, which says

I'm sitting Landry tonight on the assumption that this is correct. Anyone know if I'm making a mistake?

Nah, I think you're right. Yahoo! treats benched players differently than ESPN. Carry on!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Here's the rub. McFadden should get like nearly all the totes next week, which is good for CMike owners because McFadden will inevitably get hurt. He just does. Once McFadden goes down CMike owners have to fend off a Randle return or a FA signing.

All I want is a dream scenario where CMike takes 3 of his 3 touches next week to the house.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Doltos posted:

Here's the rub. McFadden should get like nearly all the totes next week, which is good for CMike owners because McFadden will inevitably get hurt. He just does. Once McFadden goes down CMike owners have to fend off a Randle return or a FA signing.

All I want is a dream scenario where CMike takes 3 of his 3 touches next week to the house.

What's gonna happen is DMC gets a soft tissue injury, Cmike buttfumbles on his first carry, Whitehead goes off, the dream dies.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If McFadden goes down they'll probably trade for or sign some random veteran and give them the lead. Michael's perfect opportunity was last week and he got outplayed. If he was going to become a starting RB, he would have already.

If the main/only good thing someone can say about a player is poo poo about "SPARQ", pass. I can't remember the last time an advertised "SPARQ monster" ended up doing anything worthwhile fantasy-wise.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm seriously hoping it's wet out. Need those Miller touches.

Should keep hoping, it stopped raining this morning and has been mostly sunny and 70 degrees here all day about 30 minutes from the stadium.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Doltos posted:

You think the Cowboys could score three rushing touchdowns against Seattle?

e. I mean you said dream scenario, so yeah, but I think the more likely reality scenario is that the cowboys, a terrible football team, continue to suck, and that the seahawks stack the box and Run DMC gets 75 yards and the cowboys lose 7-20. C-mike will take three snaps and rush for five total yards.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 29, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Should keep hoping, it stopped raining this morning and has been mostly sunny and 70 degrees here all day about 30 minutes from the stadium.

Sounds about right.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Sounds about right.

Seconding that Boston is summer mode right now

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

It's Yahoo, which says

Pretty sure Yahoo will lock the traded player for you. And if not, that's shady as gently caress.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

:smug:

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Pretty sure Yahoo will lock the traded player for you. And if not, that's shady as gently caress.

Hey, he accepted the trade, and the warning appears before it's accepted. And maybe he's trying to get it go through too, he benched A.J. Green. Plus it's a 2-for-1, Landry and Chris Johnson for Green, so he'll get to start Johnson.

Edit: not to mention that my plan was to bench Landry to get the trade to go through, even before I realized I was playing him this week (I rarely check my opponents before the games start so it came as a surprise). So it's not just me denying him Landry but me wanting to get the trade to go through in time for me to take advantage of the 2-for-1 to pick up a guy before games start.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 29, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

You know that making this post guarantees this week you'll lose to the worst team in the league, right?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

RVProfootballer posted:

You know that making this post guarantees this week you'll lose to the worst team in the league, right?
I can afford to at this point, I am playing the second worst team though.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

T Bowl posted:

I can't tell if the smugface is appropriate or not because you didn't tell us how many teams are in your league.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

MrSargent posted:

I can't tell if the smugface is appropriate or not because you didn't tell us how many teams are in your league.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i'd be more impressed if you traded yeldon and edleman/green for hopkins/gronk ho hum

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Hey, I traded for AP and Cooper, everyone else is being bitches... I tried to upgrade TE with the guy who just lost Foster and has a lovely bench of RBs with Chris Johnson but he ignored my trade. (tried for Martellus Bennet)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

T Bowl posted:

I'm actually not sure what angers the football gods more: hubris like this, or hand wringing Monday night about only being up 50 points against villain's kicker. All I know is my ridiculously stacked dynasty team has severely underachieved after I made a gloating post the start of this year :ohdear:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm actually not sure what angers the football gods more: hubris like this, or hand wringing Monday night about only being up 50 points against villain's kicker. All I know is my ridiculously stacked dynasty team has severely underachieved after I made a gloating post the start of this year :ohdear:

Yeah, what'll happen is I will rule it til the playoffs and be one and done as the #1 seed.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm looking at this week's matchups I'm wondering what you guys think for WR and Flex in 1 PPR league:

DeAndre Hopkins
TY Hilton
Donte Moncrief - Flex
Martavis Bryant
Allen Hurns
Gary Barnidge

I hate, hate trying to decide between Hilton and Moncrief so I usually play both and it works out well because Luck has to throw to somebody as he plays from behind.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

:smug:

Psikotik fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 29, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Impressively broken image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

U think ur cool? Try losing JC and plugging Dion Lewis in off your bench and then get back to me.

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: D. Freeman, Ivory, Dion, C. West, Spiller
WR: Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Diggs, Lafell
TE: Olsen

• Locked thread