Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No calling everything problematic has been some Tumblr poo poo for a while.

This hamburger is problematic because it's too small. They knew I would want a bigger hamburger. Was this intended to be fat shaming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

DreamShipWrecked posted:

but really that is pretty hosed up. Where did the term "problematic" even come from? It sounds like something you would find written on a detention slip

first math, then theory, and in neither case does it mean what it means on tumblr

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i just hate the music in this video

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i actually don't know where the current knee jerk leftist use of that word came from, bc it once described propositions:

quote:

Apodictic propositions contrast with assertoric propositions, which merely assert that something is (or is not) the case, and with problematic propositions, which assert only the possibility of something being true. Franz Brentano writes in The True and the Evident, "judgments may be either assertoric or apodictic. Assertoric judgments are judgments which are possibly true but are unproven." Apodictic judgments are judgments which are clearly provable and logically certain. For instance, "Two plus two equals four" is apodictic. "Chicago is larger than Omaha" is assertoric. "A corporation could be wealthier than a country" is problematic.

and starting in the 60s deleuze tried to positive "problematics" as a valuable modality in opposition to solution-oriented thinking

where the use of "problematic" as "not politically correct" came from i don't know

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Gorilla Salad posted:

Honestly, I first saw it getting used after that pathetic virgin guy, Elliot Rodger, used it in some of his youtube videos. In the thread, like less than twelve hours after poo poo happened, goons had already started using the term to mock the guy. I'm sure a bunch of other internet communities did too.

Now it's just kinda out there, but no longer being used "ironically".

never did understand why this guy couldn't get laid. he was objectively good looking. like sure he was weird, but that wouldn't have to come to the surface in the context of your typical college party hook-up.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
You can be sufficiently weird to cancel out literally all your virtues.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

never did understand why this guy couldn't get laid. he was objectively good looking. like sure he was weird, but that wouldn't have to come to the surface in the context of your typical college party hook-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltYdg6_0fTk

It's because he had a really weird personality and creeped people out in social situations.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

he went into a drink-flinging rage when he saw a black kid hooking up with a cute white girl

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
also had a small penor

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

etalian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltYdg6_0fTk

It's because he had a really weird personality and creeped people out in social situations.

at 6 mins he hits the nail on the head. anime hosed up elliot's life.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Chop off your balls and praise Allah.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you are a sociopath too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AlphaKeny1 posted:

at 6 mins he hits the nail on the head. anime hosed up elliot's life.

I'd be shocked if there was one mass murderer in the last decade that wasn't super into anime. Maybe the ptsd military guy.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

anime is this gen's star trek

actually they overlap, this gen likes both

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Also he would throw himself on his bed and cry if anything in the slightest didn't go his way.
He cried that his mother got him only one $400 shirt and not two.
He cried when his sister got some action and he didn't.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

anime is a warning sign

a cry for help

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It truly is blood.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bacon flaps posted:

Fuzzy dick coming out of stomach and a way too noticeable catvag in the traditional catvag location?

also rainbow jizz on face and whiskers?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DW31upNEEg

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

What the gently caress is snake people? Like I saw the phrase pop up around page 70 or something but can't track down where it originated or what it means.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Grand Prize Winner posted:

What the gently caress is snake people? Like I saw the phrase pop up around page 70 or something but can't track down where it originated or what it means.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/millennials-to-snake-peop/jhkibealmjkbkafogihpeidfcgnigmlf

5er
Jun 1, 2000

If you ever see the video, or at least the animated gif clip that this still was taken from, of him trying to drive and wink at the camera at the same time, you'd be filled with so much creepy revulsion and understand rather quickly.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

LOL

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I was trying to educate myself on what the whole CisGender/gender fluidity thing that millenials have started and googled it.

I had no clue you could be a "third gender" or even 4th gender, but going down that wiki rabbit hole led to some weird things.

I think if I was to identify as anything I'd want to be a Cis-male who identifies as a coke can, in hopes that someone who's sexual identity involves rear end play would shove me up their rear end in a top hat.

Am I millenialling correctly?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

MurderBot posted:

I was trying to educate myself on what the whole CisGender/gender fluidity thing that millenials have started and googled it.

I had no clue you could be a "third gender" or even 4th gender, but going down that wiki rabbit hole led to some weird things.

I think if I was to identify as anything I'd want to be a Cis-male who identifies as a coke can, in hopes that someone who's sexual identity involves rear end play would shove me up their rear end in a top hat.

i miss gbs from ten years ago too buddy

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

sinking belle posted:

i miss gbs from ten years ago too buddy

I don't get it?

also your reg date is 2007 so that's only 8 years ur a liar.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MurderBot posted:

quote:

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm loving retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That got my soda pop tab so loving hard, i'm about to fizz up and spray coke over my computer keyboard.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Chirk Manbote posted:

snaekpeopledotjaypeggggg

Well goddamn

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Not much going on "millnnially" here but these are people that supposedly work at Riot working on League of Legends and makes me appreciate the fact that I have my own office.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mad Monk posted:

Not much going on "millnnially" here but these are people that supposedly work at Riot working on League of Legends and makes me appreciate the fact that I have my own office.

considering they have their fingers on wasd and work at a game company i assume this is a game room which looks p cool to me :shrug: however the exercise ball in the main office makes me quiver with rage

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I just couldn't imagine working in an open air office or what ever they call these places. When I'm working on a complex problem I want to be left the hell alone, I wouldn't be able to do nearly as good of a job with people bouncing around on toys and poo poo while I'm trying to figure something out.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mad Monk posted:

I just couldn't imagine working in an open air office or what ever they call these places. When I'm working on a complex problem I want to be left the hell alone, I wouldn't be able to do nearly as good of a job with people bouncing around on toys and poo poo while I'm trying to figure something out.

And chatting about their best latte, nights episode of dwts, etc

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

KoRMaK posted:

whats the achiuelles heel with her? Something like vacinnes cause autism or climate change isn;t real or something

She tweeted a Sandy Hook conspiracy video and called it "extremely interesting" and a "must watch video".

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

my truck irl

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

thathonkey posted:

my truck irl

idgi

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

PJ5492

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

thathonkey posted:

my truck irl

loving millenials and their trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i just wanted to post my truck. i think the half-life decal is kickin rad plus I was born in '86 so that makes me a millennial. lol we sure are a crazy bunch ! you never know what we'll do next. lol ! brb, texting and snapchatting a picture of my dick to some girls i met in tindr

• Locked thread