Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

kuddles posted:

And Bill Maher is a hardcore PETA supporter and anti-vaccinationist.

one of these things is not like the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Joe Rogen was pretty funny as an idiot on NewsRadio so maybe it's an extended bit

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost
Newsradio was some sort of comedy wizardry because they also made Andy Dick tolerable.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'm sad Andy Dick is still alive

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I watch a random episode of NewsRadio every evening and yeah, Andy Dick is tolerable and Khandi Alexander is underused. Rogan is alright I guess. But the big takeaway is how much of a tragedy Phil Hartman's murder was.

morestuff posted:

Joe Rogen was pretty funny as an idiot on NewsRadio so maybe it's an extended bit

His role was sort of electronic/mechanical/gadget genius, so no not really an idiot. Real life is a different story.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 27, 2015

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

pahuyuth posted:

I watch a random episode of NewsRadio every evening and yeah, Andy Dick is tolerable and Khandi Alexander is underused. Rogan is alright I guess. But the big takeaway is how much of a tragedy Phil Hartman's murder was.

Yeah Phil Hartman ruled. All murder is tragic though.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yeah Phil Hartman ruled. All murder is tragic though.

what if it was Andy Dick?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
n/m

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
Speaking of Hal Hartley: I've been looking for a way to steam Henry Fool for a while now and I still haven't found any place that offers it, does anyone have any tips?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

oscarthewilde posted:

Speaking of Hal Hartley: I've been looking for a way to steam Henry Fool for a while now and I still haven't found any place that offers it, does anyone have any tips?

You can rent it on Amazon for $3

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

what if it was Andy Dick?

You found the one exception to the rule

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oscarthewilde posted:

It was on Crackle last time I looked.

Fandor has some of his stuff as well, but not that one. It does have the extremely hard to find Trust for streaming, and they have a 2 week trial, I recommend everyone watch at least that film.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just wanna say that America's Test Kitchen is awesome. My girlfriend loves Food Network but I'm so sick of Cutthroat Kitchen or Chopped because, like every goddamned reality show, they can't go 3 seconds without a goddamn water harp or knife sharpening sound effect or a quick cut. And they use Jesper Kyd's music, which is making me dislike his otherwise awesome music. gently caress you, Food Network. America's Test Kitchen doesn't have a single goddamned water harp. Thank you, America's Test Kitchen.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 28, 2015

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Wait, what's ATK on? I've only ever seen it streaming on their website.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

netflix :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Except Miami Connection is incredibly earnest and goofy, and doesn't realize why it's terribly designed and hilarious at the same time. Kung Fury is just grating and its humor relies solely on "random" humor that's normally the domain of hacky webcomics and a misplaced idea of what 80's action films actually were.

It absolutely feels like it was made by someone who wasn't actually there for the 80s.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lurdiak posted:

It absolutely feels like it was made by someone who wasn't actually there for the 80s.

The writer/director/star David Sandberg was born on December 23, 1985 in Sweden, so by the time he was out of diapers he was a decade late and half a globe away from the 80s.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

It's on PBS I think if that's what you are asking?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kung Fury was unwatchable for the 10 minutes of it I checked out, but even if it wasn't I am so sick of 80's/90's crappy pink VHS nostalgia poo poo. It seems to be what all of the people laughing about pirate ninjas 10 years ago moved on to.

Everything is Terrible is good though.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
The scripts was like a hodgepodge of hipster madlibs

VIKING DINOSAUR LASERS!

I like bad movies. I even like intentionally bad movies. It is possible to make clever, intentionally bad movies (Black Dynamite). Kung Fury was not my bag.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 28, 2015

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

ill forgive Maher for being a poo poo if he makes another D.C. Cab.
American Experience: a Poisoners Handbook does a great job of showing the demystifying work of science on poison. It gets bleak.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

That thing should've immediately come up in my suggestions.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

It sounds like I would hate Kung Fury but then I realized I loved both seasons of Danger 5, which is pretty much the same as you are all describing.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Let Us Prey went from an okay supernatural slasher/thriller to :psyduck: :laugh: in the last 20 minutes. Totally worth it for the "which of you called me old!?" scene alone.

Also the creepy guy is played by the actor who's Davos in Game of Thrones. :3:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

wa27 posted:

It sounds like I would hate Kung Fury but then I realized I loved both seasons of Danger 5, which is pretty much the same as you are all describing.

I love Danger 5. Kung Fury wishes it was even 1/100th of Danger 5.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

coyo7e posted:

Let Us Prey went from an okay supernatural slasher/thriller to :psyduck: :laugh: in the last 20 minutes. Totally worth it for the "which of you called me old!?" scene alone.

I like the soundtrack so far. They obviously like John Carpenter.

Finished it. Meh

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 28, 2015

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

coyo7e posted:

Watched this last night, and I just kept thinking that this is shot like a film school project. But yeah when the barb wire man shows up it becomes pretty funny and also the hilarious table flip scene. "Just gonna burst into this room here do a robotic 90 degree turn and flip a table in anger."

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm glad that Davos Seaworthy finally gets a happy ending for once. He's always so :smith:

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Just wanna say that America's Test Kitchen is awesome. My girlfriend loves Food Network but I'm so sick of Cutthroat Kitchen or Chopped because, like every goddamned reality show, they can't go 3 seconds without a goddamn water harp or knife sharpening sound effect or a quick cut. And they use Jesper Kyd's music, which is making me dislike his otherwise awesome music. gently caress you, Food Network. America's Test Kitchen doesn't have a single goddamned water harp. Thank you, America's Test Kitchen.

I honestly enjoy the will-they-won't-they? sexual tension between Christopher Kimball and Bridget Lancaster.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah they aren't even in the same realm. Danger 5 shows you can do that kind of stuff well while Kung Fury reminds me of something Youtubbers would make.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Didn't Kung Fury steal a joke from Danger 5?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

I honestly enjoy the will-they-won't-they? sexual tension between Christopher Kimball and Bridget Lancaster.

My favorite thing about the show has always been it's lack of slickness despite the fact that it's been on for twenty years or whatever. Everything about the show screams public broadcasting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GonSmithe posted:

:yeah:

Kung Fury is basically like the director watched the video for "Knights of Cydonia" and then decided "I can do that, and make it 30 minutes long too!"

But he was wrong because he is nowhere near as good as Joseph Kahn.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Just watched Circle and it was pretty bad, like 2/5 stars but only because a couple of the lines and delivery came out funny

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

My favorite thing about the show has always been it's lack of slickness despite the fact that it's been on for twenty years or whatever. Everything about the show screams public broadcasting.

It's funny that Good Eats first aired on public broadcasting. It's shows in those early episodes.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Just noticed that Hulu Plus has a decent collection of classic horror movies.

Zombie. City of the Living Dead. Motel Hell. Cannibal Holocaust. Hellraiser. Candyman

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

coyo7e posted:

I'm glad that Davos Seaworthy finally gets a happy ending for once. He's always so :smith:

He's in Star Citizen Squadron 42 as well, but I doubt that will be a happy ending for anyone involved, save perhaps Derek Smart

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Just noticed that Hulu Plus has a decent collection of classic horror movies.

Zombie. City of the Living Dead. Motel Hell. Cannibal Holocaust. Hellraiser. Candyman

Cannibal Holocaust :stonk: Just hearing the opening music from that movie creeps me out.

Candyman is great in it's cheese.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If you want something to help you get over the Halloween spookums, Twitch is actually hosting a Bob Ross marathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Evil Mastermind posted:

If you want something to help you get over the Halloween spookums, Twitch is actually hosting a Bob Ross marathon.

I know this might sound weird but as someone who has anxiety and insomnia Bob Ross has helped me fall asleep many nights.