Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Scarf posted:

Had a buddy who played pool professionally for a while, he said he loved playing against guys like this. They're so easy to put on tilt, and then you pretty much will always win. According to him, the best way to piss them off is to just look like you're having a good time and not taking it at all seriously.

Agreed. A friend and I in college used to do a bit where we'd play pool 2 on one with the one being the mark. I'd play terribly (which I do in reality) and my buddy played middling and goofing off. We'd only play for who pays for the game. Then I'd bow out to use the john or something and my friend and the other guy would play for drinks or money instead and my friend would mop the floor with him.

We did a similar thing with darts to pick up chicks but I played the ringer in that I'm pretty good and he would sometimes score an evening out with the whole "arm around, hand holding teaching thing" that you see in movies. I could let her win and get him a chance for a phone number. I was engaged so I didn't mind playing wingman.

One time though, for the schadenfreude, we tried the pool version with a dude that had just walked in the bar. We paid, he won the coin toss and he broke...

We didn't even get a play. He cleared the table from the break, said "Thanks for the game", and left. It was very surreal. Maybe it was God saying, "Knock it off".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Foxhound posted:

No I'm pretty sure that's a charging. Or rather it would have been if it hit. Dunno what would happen in this situation.

Nothing, concussing yourself on the boards is permitted.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

mostlygray posted:

One time though, for the schadenfreude, we tried the pool version with a dude that had just walked in the bar. We paid, he won the coin toss and he broke...

We didn't even get a play. He cleared the table from the break, said "Thanks for the game", and left. It was very surreal. Maybe it was God saying, "Knock it off".

Yeah, that how it was with my friend. I made the mistake one night of asking him to play "for real" against me. He said for me to break, otherwise I'd never get a shot. He was right.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ayn rand hand job posted:

How many of those men are pedophiles

That's a job for paedofinder general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCywGhHQMEw

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

mostlygray posted:

Agreed. A friend and I in college used to do a bit where we'd play pool 2 on one with the one being the mark. I'd play terribly (which I do in reality) and my buddy played middling and goofing off. We'd only play for who pays for the game. Then I'd bow out to use the john or something and my friend and the other guy would play for drinks or money instead and my friend would mop the floor with him.

We did a similar thing with darts to pick up chicks but I played the ringer in that I'm pretty good and he would sometimes score an evening out with the whole "arm around, hand holding teaching thing" that you see in movies. I could let her win and get him a chance for a phone number. I was engaged so I didn't mind playing wingman.

That man?

Albert Einstein!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

kazil posted:

That man?

Albert Einstein!

No, that was Uncle Phill from the Fresh Prince.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Anyone following the Arkham Knight debacle?

In short: WB Games/Rocksteady, makers of the previous Arkham games, released the PC version of Arkham Night four months ago. The game featured video stuttering, slowdowns, crashing, and every indictation of a badly ported PC release.

It was so bad that Steam started issuing refunds to players. WB/Rocksteady pull the game from Steam and promise to fix it.

Fast-forward to last night when the game went live again on Steam. While it isn't as bad as before, the game is still plagued by slowdowns, video stuttering, and crashing. The official patch notes suggest Windows 7 users periodically restart the game to avoid crashing. They also suggest Windows 10 users have 12GB of RAM installed.

All this while Valve marked all the previous bad reviews on Steam as "pre-release" once the patch went live. Of course, that wasn't the story behind those reviews and Valve has removed the tags.

All this is happening while the console versions worked fine from Day 1 and there were no issues surrounding previous PC-ports of Arkham games. WB Games/Rocksteady just completely hosed up.

Sources: Batman: Arkham Knight for PC pulled from Steam and retailers due to bugs
The Arkham Knight Re-Release Isn’t Going Down Well

Thwomp has a new favorite as of 18:24 on Oct 29, 2015

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Jusupov posted:

That's a job for paedofinder general

or a roboplegic wrongcock

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thwomp posted:

Anyone following the Arkham Knight debacle?

In short: WB Games/Rocksteady, makers of the previous Arkham games, released the PC version of Arkham Night four months ago. The game featured video stuttering, slowdowns, crashing, and every indictation of a badly ported PC release.

It was so bad that Steam started issuing refunds to players. WB/Rocksteady pull the game from Steam and promise to fix it.

Fast-forward to last night when the game went live again on Steam. While it isn't as bad as before, the game is still plagued by slowdowns, video stuttering, and crashing. The official patch notes suggest Windows 7 users periodically restart the game to avoid crashing. They also suggest Windows 10 users have 12GB of RAM installed.

All this while Valve marked all the previous bad reviews on Steam as "pre-release" once the patch went live. Of course, that wasn't the story behind those reviews and Valve has removed the tags.

All this is happening while the console versions worked fine from Day 1 and there were no issues surrounding previous PC-ports of Arkham games. WB Games/Rocksteady just completely hosed up.

Sources: Batman: Arkham Knight for PC pulled from Steam and retailers due to bugs
The Arkham Knight Re-Release Isn’t Going Down Well

It should be mentioned that in order to make good with the fans who have stuck by with the lovely game, WB and Rocksteady are going to give away free games.

They are giving away the first 3 games in the series and lovely portable game to the diehards who probably own those games already and are frequently on sale for $5.

And two special TF2 hats.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

To add to that, the hats are being designed by the community.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

And to top it off, IIRC the literally one video card at all that didn't horribly stutter and crash was not the one they had a massive promotion with. Nvidia were not exactly happy with them.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It's a good thing that critically the game is between a shrug and a "meh" or else PC gamers would really be missing out.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Stolen from the Destiny thread. A reddit user describes how he managed to accidentally delete a Destiny character with 24 days of playtime and a bunch of items and crap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3qonlu/my_elite_controller_deleted_my_309_hunter_and_my/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

What the gently caress

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
This belonged here I feel:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/justin-bieber-leaves-the-stage-in-rage-after-yelling-at-his-fans/a/23551961/

1000+ diehard fans get to hear one Bieber song, gets yelled at and concert over.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Greybone posted:

This belonged here I feel:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/justin-bieber-leaves-the-stage-in-rage-after-yelling-at-his-fans/a/23551961/

1000+ diehard fans get to hear one Bieber song, gets yelled at and concert over.
"Østbø, who gave the very short performance a 4 out of 6." What the gently caress kind of weird scoring scale uses a 6 as the top possible score? The schadenfreude is on me for actually reading this article.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Wanamingo posted:

What the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

LawfulWaffle posted:

The schadenfreude will come later, when the thread derails into talking about British television shows.

Erm, this is a French show :eng101: (Des chiffres et des lettres, "Numbers and Letters")

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Scyantific posted:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Kurtofan posted:

Erm, this is a French show :eng101: (Des chiffres et des lettres, "Numbers and Letters")

The only look worse than being wrong is being wrong and smug.

That's from 8 Out of 10 Cats.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: goddamned emptyquote button. i am the schadenfreude

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Noctone posted:

The only look worse than being wrong is being wrong and smug.

That's from 8 Out of 10 Cats.

Excuse me, I believe it is actually a separate special crossover called "8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown" it is very different and

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

HairyManling posted:

What the gently caress kind of weird scoring scale uses a 6 as the top possible score? The schadenfreude is on me for actually reading this article.

Is this a Norwegian thing? :)

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Unfortunately, I can't read the site. Including the English translation of this article, very well. It's me, I'm the schadenfreude etc.. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised about internet goons and their love for little, plastic random number generators.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Scyantific posted:

http://www.teamfortress.com/arkhamknightcontest/

quote:

Each winner will receive a package of the following Warner Bros. games, available on Steam

Winning entries and runners-up may be offered to users in Team Fortress 2, for sale or for free. When winning or runner-up entries are sold, Valve will pay creators a 25% revenue share,

Yay, get paid in games! and 1/4 of whatever money people spend buying the items from TF2's in-game store (in a game already bloated with hundreds of cosmetic items)

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

wayne curr posted:

http://www.teamfortress.com/arkhamknightcontest/

Yay, get paid in games! and 1/4 of whatever money people spend buying the items from TF2's in-game store (in a game already bloated with hundreds of cosmetic items)

"Get paid in games that we didn't halfass!"

Someone is probably getting fired/promoted out of this mess.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Helios Grime posted:

Nice compilation of, in my oppinion, most sweetest schadenfreude.
I can't agree. The sweetest schadenfreude is when a bully gets beat down and all the fight goes out of them the second they encounter some sort of resistance. Even better when they lie there and cry. The sweetest would be if the loud annoying people behind the cameras got their asses kicked, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bahahahahahaaahhaha

https://i.imgur.com/MTXeJHi.gifv

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

"Get paid in games that we didn't halfass!"

Someone is probably getting fired/promoted out of this mess.

Probably promoted by whatever psycho logic the team uses to spin the idiot fans who'd support them no matter what as something they were responsible for. Arkham Knight was a guaranteed sale for a lot of people and even with all the tech kerfuffles enough will stick by to make the whole mess look salvaged.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Lately, I've been binging on videos involving people messing with phone scammers. Makes me sad that I don't have a house phone anymore. Great thing about stringing these assholes along is that no matter how much you waste their time, you'll never feel bad about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_ll_qnBNTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UE_Q1pprEg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnNlJNSRxa3PF8XrKHOEPug/videos

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aw man, I just realized I've been laughing at a burn victim :(

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Aw man, I just realized I've been laughing at a burn victim :(

Yeah, but also a racist and child killer.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, yea but on the flip side he's a disabled war vet too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqqvzsPT52A

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I have so many questions, the first of which is 'why is she sitting naked on an outside dunny?'

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, the good news is she's probably not constipated anymore...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm the dude sticking my head up through a nasty poo poo-covered piece of wood, while a chick pisses on my feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

HairyManling posted:

"Østbø, who gave the very short performance a 4 out of 6." What the gently caress kind of weird scoring scale uses a 6 as the top possible score? The schadenfreude is on me for actually reading this article.

1-6 Is the norm for reviews concerning films, food, music, etc. in Denmark. Might be a Scandinavian/European thing? :shrug:

Hulebr00670065006e has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Oct 30, 2015