Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I like wormhole PVE.

We should get a fleet together.

You guys wanna do domis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Worldshatter posted:

I'm really hoping they can pull something great out of it, I just want some more good vampire games damnit :colbert:

Twilight Online ? :ironicat:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I like wormhole PVE.

We should get a fleet together.

You guys wanna do domis?

Do we get to shoot Phil again?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

RhoA posted:

Do we get to shoot Phil again?

Only if that rear end in a top hat forgets a prop mod.

"Why would a domi have to move, it's a drone boat?"

uuuughhhhhh

Plus, if I remember correctly, at least 2 of us (out of 4) had a pvp domi fit anyway.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Only if that rear end in a top hat forgets a prop mod.

"Why would a domi have to move, it's a drone boat?"

uuuughhhhhh

Plus, if I remember correctly, at least 2 of us (out of 4) had a pvp domi fit anyway.

To be honest, that argument and shooting him over it was pretty loving stupid.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

All I can say is yay for nerfing highsec incursions.

e:

Double yay for this with a little explanation. MiniLuv recently deployed to Lonetrek with some success. Unfortunately, every JF we caught was inbound and empty. In fact, if it wasn't empty, that was a good indication it was blue. Why is this? Well, as it turns out, Goons/imperium/people living in Vale/Dek/PB/Fade/Venal/Tribute/etc have to live in their space, make money and freight goods back to Jita for sale. What about all the shitlords in 5ZXX-K, Kinakka, Saranen, Tartoken, etc? Well, they have an army of alts running capital escalations and chilling in wormholes. What do they need to make money during deployment for? What are they shipping back? Nothing. At least, not until they withdraw/evac.

All I'm seeing is "waahhh these people make money in a different way than me, nerf pls." Keep nerfing income sources. Nerf hs incursions and capital escalations, nerf every you keep crying about, in the end we'll all just be carrier ratting in endless deep seas of blue. Fun times eh.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

MorsAnima posted:

All I'm seeing is "waahhh these people make money in a different way than me, nerf pls." Keep nerfing income sources. Nerf hs incursions and capital escalations, nerf every you keep crying about, in the end we'll all just be carrier ratting in endless deep seas of blue. Fun times eh.

it's funny to see these kinds of arguments and then people saying ":byodood: nullsec is stagnant, why arent there more wars, why is there only one power" when cap escalations and highsec incursions exist and provide equal or greater rewards for a fraction of the risk

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
whoa now, let's not go and pretend carrier ratting is super risky either

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

This made my week, thank you. I never really wrapped my head around how hosed White Wolf's IPs were after being cannibalized by CCP as a company. This is so great

ah poo poo wrong link. oh well

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Fix Lag posted:

When something is functionally 0 risk, even slightly risky is a big step up.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fix Lag posted:

It's not risky because we go balls deep every engagement not because they literally can't be attacked

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

MorsAnima posted:

Carrier ratting (or at least the most AFKable/multi-boxable version) looks like it's going to disappear with the capital rebalance, so it's not like that's escaping scrutiny.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Frozenpussy posted:

This made my week, thank you. I never really wrapped my head around how hosed White Wolf's IPs were after being cannibalized by CCP as a company. This is so great

ah poo poo wrong link. oh well

Paradox purchased all of the WoD IP stuff from CCP.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/29/paradox-white-wolf/

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

MorsAnima posted:

Go on, tell me how I make my money. Better yet, come up with a cogent argument on why highsec incursion income is completely fine and balanced and doesn't need to be nerfed.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Fix Lag posted:

https://zkillboard.com/related/3000...44762%22%5D%7D/

:nallears:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

https://zkillboard.com/kill/49836771/ became 20 in a BC gang and 30 bombers, saved at ~20% shield

https://zkillboard.com/kill/49731335/ 40 bombers, about half shields

https://zkillboard.com/kill/49844370/ 20 t3ds
While those didn't really have me good as dead before I committed ~15b to saving them I was just 1 shotting t3ds and it was funny as gently caress. The others and the 70 man t3 BC gang pl dropped on me had be dead to rights until I dropped the whole Dougan on grid. PL still took me to less than 10% shield even with the whole A Team on grid.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

MorsAnima posted:

You're a dumbass, shut up with your terrible idiot opinions ty and godbless

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:yikes:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

You're a dumbass, shut up with your terrible idiot opinions ty and godbless

Hmm, a dumbass with terrible opinions is being vocal about a dumbass with terrible opinion.

Something Awful Forums > Games > The MMO HMO > Eve Online 2015: Recursive Hypocrisy

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

[quote="Many people" post=""""]
HS poo poo
[/quote]

I had a way too wordy effort post here, which honestly helps no one. HV people let's talk in the forum because even before we vouch people into our culture we need to make sure it's made of best practices.

Johnny pangloss' post summarized exactly what we should be like: find target, form ships, kill target, chill on jabber or mumble all the while. That has bee the vast majority of my experience and what we want to continue.

Sincerely, your afk leadership

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Hmm, a dumbass with terrible opinions is being vocal about a dumbass with terrible opinion.

Something Awful Forums > Games > The MMO HMO > Eve Online 2015: Recursive Hypocrisy

:ironicat:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Seems like you get my point. Well done.

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap

Fix Lag posted:

https://zkillboard.com/region/10000035/reset/group/547/losses/

Yeah its pretty risk free.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Go on, tell me how I make my money. Better yet, come up with a cogent argument on why highsec incursion income is completely fine and balanced and doesn't need to be nerfed.

Easy :

I make my money on incursions and PLEX my X accounts that I then use to do a lot of elite PVP content.
If you nerf incursions content I will unsub my X toonies. And CCP will go bankrupt because they make more money from me Plexing my accounts than from scrubs paying subscription.

Yea gently caress incursion and there will likely be more people doing stuff in low/null/wh where they can be hunted, hunt eachothers and make stuff happen.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Krogort posted:

Easy :

I make my money on incursions and PLEX my X accounts that I then use to do a lot of elite PVP content.
If you nerf incursions content I will unsub my X toonies. And CCP will go bankrupt because they make more money from me Plexing my accounts than from scrubs paying subscription.

Yea gently caress incursion and there will likely be more people doing stuff in low/null/wh where they can be hunted, hunt eachothers and make stuff happen.

I make my ISK on incursions and use ISK to PLEX my account. I then PVP.
If you take away my ISK faucet, I will quit because I'd then have to PAY CCP ACTUAL MONEY and I'm just not feelin' it.

Please source your quotes so I know who to laugh at...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
so did CCP actually buff nullsec yet in the three part balancing thing with phoebe or was that last second increase to anom numbers it?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

so did CCP actually buff nullsec yet in the three part balancing thing with phoebe or was that last second increase to anom numbers it?

hahaha you are so cute

(thus far, that anom number buff is the only improvement)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

hahaha you are so cute

(thus far, that anom number buff is the only improvement)

you're cute

:wink:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
meh, you've ignored enough people that you're probably sick of doing the consultant bit. I'll figure it out.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 29, 2015

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

Oh! I loved Vampire The masquerade: Bloodlines.

I would love to see a sequel.

Agreed. Thats what everyone was hoping WoD would be. But :ccp: happened.

yogizh posted:

Twilight Online ? :ironicat:

:commissar:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

scandoslav posted:

How do I get them to stop? For the love of christ tell me.

Without your shining autism to guide us, we're lost and directionless :smith:

Glory of Arioch posted:

let's just say i have opinions on that too :ssh:

So when can we look forward to you spending pages sperging about ratting ratters?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I make my ISK on incursions and use ISK to PLEX my account. I then PVP.
If you take away my ISK faucet, I will quit because I'd then have to PAY CCP ACTUAL MONEY and I'm just not feelin' it.

Please source your quotes so I know who to laugh at...

Bye

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

grumplestiltzkin posted:

So when can we look forward to you spending pages sperging about ratting ratters?

you probably won't :shobon:

i have opinions on the subject, sure, but i also remember that nullsec made me

i aint gonna poo poo where i eat ya hear fam

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Glory of Arioch posted:

you probably won't :shobon:

i have opinions on the subject, sure, but i also remember that nullsec made me

i aint gonna poo poo where i eat ya hear fam

0.0 missions and mining made the oldest of us, what now

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Anyone know how accurate the market logs for EVE Central are? Is there much fuckery and manipulation of that data?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah but look how you turned out

fetal missioning and mining syndrome is no joke

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

at least it was in 0.0

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Cyclomatic posted:

Anyone know how accurate the market logs for EVE Central are? Is there much fuckery and manipulation of that data?

it's possible it gets poisoned

if you want pure market data from the teat use crest

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

yeah but look how you turned out

fetal missioning and mining syndrome is no joke

Could be worse, could be the insanely entitled retards that think wormholes or perfect safety highsec incursions shouldn't be nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Could be worse, could be the insanely entitled retards that think wormholes or perfect safety highsec incursions shouldn't be nerfed

yeah those are basically thalidomide babies

• Locked thread