Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
So for the Waywatcher, which is better - Dual Waywatcher Blades or 'Lileath Stance' Sword and Dagger? The latter just dropped for me and it seems to be way better - fractionally reduced damage for a considerable speed boost, plus your basic attack gains Head Shot. And 3 Stamina instead of 2. Am I missing something, or is it just an upgrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Gimnbo posted:

So a handgun with a chance for increased attack speed basically one without a special ability, right?

Yes, you'll be wanting to pray fervently to Sigmar or Grungi for a "master crafted" trait on a handgun, any other traits are gravy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I find the penetration ability quite nice on my Dwarf's Handgun. Despite saying it will only penetrate one target, I've blown away at least 4 rats with a single shot.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I find the penetration ability quite nice on my Dwarf's Handgun. Despite saying it will only penetrate one target, I've blown away at least 4 rats with a single shot.

Well yeah, it only penetrates one target. It just does so several times in a row :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I can't remember the exact wording off hand, but it implied, to me at least, that the ability would only fire once.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
I think the handguns can penetrate 1 rat on it's own, so extra penetration is even more rats.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ninjaiguana posted:

So for the Waywatcher, which is better - Dual Waywatcher Blades or 'Lileath Stance' Sword and Dagger? The latter just dropped for me and it seems to be way better - fractionally reduced damage for a considerable speed boost, plus your basic attack gains Head Shot. And 3 Stamina instead of 2. Am I missing something, or is it just an upgrade?

You also get a second power attack with Sword + Dagger. Chain two in quick succession and the second will be a super powerful, single-target downward stab. Really, really fucks up Stormvermin and Rogres. And if you don't want to use that attack, you just pause a split second between power attacks to keep using the cross slash. Dual Swords is a good weapon setup, but SnD is king imo

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Bolt staff owns because I get to go all DBZ on rats.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Is there any evidence that the loot table is weighted toward your played class? I don't play Bright Wizard but I can't stop getting staves.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

Gimnbo posted:

Is there any evidence that the loot table is weighted toward your played class? I don't play Bright Wizard but I can't stop getting staves.

The loot table is definitely weighted - take a look at the pictures on the gear. When you're the Waywatcher, for instance, you'll see symbols indicating double weapons and bows more often, while as the dwarf you get less double weapons and more guns, and so on.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Gimnbo posted:

Yes. It's trivially easy to visually confirm that the icons on the loot table are weighted towards your current class. Your results on that loot table...not so much.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Gimnbo posted:

They also specifically mentioned changing things to do that in one of their release notes. I'm inclined to take their word, as doing a statistical analysis of the loot tables provided sounds like a lot of work.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I feel like this game is fun, but a bit too casual for me. Is there somewhere I could go to murder thousands of rats in real life?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
e: nevermind people covered it i'm slow

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Lemming posted:

I feel like this game is fun, but a bit too casual for me. Is there somewhere I could go to murder thousands of rats in real life?

You could go fight over slices of pizza with rats in the NYC subway tunnels. Close enough?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Stringbean posted:

You could go fight over slices of pizza with rats in the NYC subway tunnels. Close enough?

Sack rat!

Holy poo poo man, bless this ravaged pizza.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
You know, the dwarf handgun may be good but I may never know because you'll have to pry these orange drakefire pistols with reduced heat buildup and projectile split from my cold dead hands.

If I get an orange handgun maybe I'll replace it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

https://youtu.be/F9nGyPz9uT0?t=39
Me playing this game, humming this song, every time.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes. It's trivially easy to visually confirm that the icons on the loot table are weighted towards your current class. Your results on that loot table...not so much.

Ah, I don't actually pay attention to the loot table. I just see what comes out. That's on me, then. It doesn't help that I haven't quite figured out what all of the symbols necessarily are, especially the guns.

Skandranon posted:

They also specifically mentioned changing things to do that in one of their release notes. I'm inclined to take their word, as doing a statistical analysis of the loot tables provided sounds like a lot of work.

Yeah all I was really looking for was "the devs said so."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Krinkle posted:

https://youtu.be/F9nGyPz9uT0?t=39
Me playing this game, humming this song, every time.

This is basically exactly how Hammer Dorf feels.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

You know, the dwarf handgun may be good but I may never know because you'll have to pry these orange drakefire pistols with reduced heat buildup and projectile split from my cold dead hands.

I wish it was a little easier to see other players' loadouts. I know sperglords would flip out over not having all oranges or whatever, but I just want to see if someone is bringing along a handgun or crossbow to know whether I should or not.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Ravenfood posted:

I wish it was a little easier to see other players' loadouts. I know sperglords would flip out over not having all oranges or whatever, but I just want to see if someone is bringing along a handgun or crossbow to know whether I should or not.

Look. We all know EVERYONE ELSE is gonna gently caress up.

So you just gotta look out for number one, ya dig?

A weapon or attack for weak mobs. (Fast, or number of targets, or both).

Then a headshotty/armor piercing/anti special weapon or attack.

If you have both your bases covered there, then you're good most of the time.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I'm a scrub elf and I rely on a trueflight bow with +30% arrow capacity. What the heck even is hagbane? Poison? 25 arrows? Do I dust this immediately so I can upgrade my legendary staff?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Hey guys just thought you all might like to know I got a trinket on my second run ever, 4% movespeed.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

DeathSandwich posted:

Just got a Blue Dwarf Handgun with 50% Reload Speed and 20% chance to regain ammo on kill :feelsgood:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I tried playing through the first level with bots when we got attacked by a rat ogre, a commander, a plague rat, and a gunner rat (plus the usual fodder rats) all at the same time. This seems a little extreme. It didn't end well (hilariously the BW and elf totally bailed on me and the dwarf, I think they were chasing a different special).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fayk posted:

Look. We all know EVERYONE ELSE is gonna gently caress up.

So you just gotta look out for number one, ya dig?

A weapon or attack for weak mobs. (Fast, or number of targets, or both).

Then a headshotty/armor piercing/anti special weapon or attack.

If you have both your bases covered there, then you're good most of the time.

the cool and good thing about drakefires is that they do both <3

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would be really nice if I could choose from the options available based on my loot dice. So I could get the white in the gear I want 5x or a blue for a class I don't play, my choice.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Krinkle posted:

I'm a scrub elf and I rely on a trueflight bow with +30% arrow capacity. What the heck even is hagbane? Poison? 25 arrows? Do I dust this immediately so I can upgrade my legendary staff?

You can equip the thing in the tavern to get a feel for it, but what you see is what you get. A bow with no head shotting, no armor piercing, no homing, just a small fart cloud that rats won't give two shits about. Dust the fucker unless you want to keep one on hand in the event the devs not make it lovely.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Really dig this cool bug where the game fails to exist as its own window and so my mouse just runs off of it repeatedly :negative:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wafflecopper posted:

Hey guys just thought you all might like to know I got a trinket on my second run ever, 4% movespeed.

My very first match yielded the green "share combat potions with your party" trinket.

25 playtime hours later it's still my only trinket :shrug:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Ulvirich posted:

You can equip the thing in the tavern to get a feel for it, but what you see is what you get. A bow with no head shotting, no armor piercing, no homing, just a small fart cloud that rats won't give two shits about. Dust the fucker unless you want to keep one on hand in the event the devs not make it lovely.
Alright it's now three blue chunks.

I had a bad experience using upgrade gems on skills that don't do anything. I upgraded my trueflight bow with extra zoom and it doesn't zoom in the first place. Please tell me which of these is worth getting on an Infernal Embercage Staff.

Reduce spread by 40% (seems pretty accurate enough to me and if not then 30 more fireballs can follow right behind it)
5-10% knockback chance (I haven't been happy with these ranged rolls ever and knockback at range seems dumb. That's what the battle scepter is for)
20% less venting damage (probably? Or who cares?)

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Chomp8645 posted:

My very first match yielded the green "share combat potions with your party" trinket.

25 playtime hours later it's still my only trinket :shrug:

If it helps it is one of the best.

I was told someone had a Trinket today that gave you a free bomb every minute if you didn't have one. I don't know if this is true, it sounds too wonderful.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Ulvirich posted:

Yes, you'll be wanting to pray fervently to Sigmar or Grungi for a "master crafted" trait on a handgun, any other traits are gravy.

I wasn't praying but I still got it :v:

Also a small tip: if you have to heft sacks or barrels, here's a faster way to do it: press LMB with them, and just before they get thrown, jump. They get more distance and it just generally goes faster if you get the rhythm down. Helps a lot with Supply & Demand imo.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

^^^ :flashfap:

Krinkle posted:

Reduce spread by 40% (seems pretty accurate enough to me and if not then 30 more fireballs can follow right behind it)
5-10% knockback chance (I haven't been happy with these ranged rolls ever and knockback at range seems dumb. That's what the battle scepter is for)

You really shouldn't vent if you're going to take damage anyways, so the last one is kind of a wash unless you like playing risks. The reduced spread sounds meh enough for a fireball staff. Finally, the only trait that seems good is the knockback one if only for crowd control.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Krinkle posted:

Can be good for making you better against specials, probably buy

quote:

correct, who cares, but if you intend to use it then you might as well upgrade it eventually; that knockback is more than just pushing someone with a shield, it basically makes them do a backflip and end up on their rear end, it's hilarious if nothing else

quote:

Depends on difficulty. Venting damage doesn't go up with difficulty, so on Nightmare and Cata it's very preferable to take some vent damage to forestall someone getting whacked, whereas on Hard and below you're going to take almost as much damage venting as you probably would've taken from the extra odd hit you've prevented. #2 priority I'd say, get spread first but all of these are fairly underwhelming.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 30, 2015

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

These packmasters are getting clever.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
That's like something out of Resident Evil.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Oh god yes. Orange mace and shield with extra stamina, 18%chance to not consume stamina on a block, and !10%chance on kill to heal 10%! I freaking love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Level 15 and I just got my 6th trinket :smug:

Also, there's an "Inspect Player" keybinding that I haven't used, though I don't know if it lets you see the target's loadout or what.

• Locked thread