Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Tamayachi posted:

Level 15 and I just got my 6th trinket :smug:

Also, there's an "Inspect Player" keybinding that I haven't used, though I don't know if it lets you see the target's loadout or what.
It puts you into 3rd person to see your own character for as long as you hold it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Ravenfood posted:

It puts you into 3rd person to see your own character for as long as you hold it down.

Wow, that might actually be nice if I could get some new hats or something.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Gimnbo posted:

These packmasters are getting clever.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

It truly is the End Times.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
God drat pubbies dying on Normal.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
that's Skaven as gently caress

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Tamayachi posted:

Speaking of hats

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
I hope that they patch in a system for simple voice barks/commands like they got in tribes or l4d. i cant count the number of times i wanted to say "watch your loving back!" but my god drat mic is broken.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tamayachi posted:

it's also good for power rangers style shots

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So how well does the Mace and Shield hold up? I've tried it but I have a hard time getting a hold of the swing combo. The first two swings are hilarious because they just send rats flying, but it has pretty low damage and the only AP you get is from your shield bash.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arcsquad12 posted:

So how well does the Mace and Shield hold up? I've tried it but I have a hard time getting a hold of the swing combo. The first two swings are hilarious because they just send rats flying, but it has pretty low damage and the only AP you get is from your shield bash.

The shield bashes are actually extremely good and on later difficulties, when you can't just waste the rats with the sword, knocking them the gently caress down helps a lot. We've got a Kruber with a blue shield and mace and he's awesome for our team.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been running Mace and Shield on Kruber for a while now and I'm typically both Least Damage Taken and Most Melee Kills soooo yeah

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sword and shield is also good, mind. So is axe and shield, and hammer and shield.

Shields are just really good.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I like Rapiers.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Gimnbo posted:

So a handgun with a chance for increased attack speed basically one without a special ability, right?

that would be the worst trait you can get on a handgun.

You want reload increased.

Knifegrab posted:

Bolt staff owns because I get to go all DBZ on rats.

is that the one where you spam lil energy balls? I felt like vegeta using that

Gimnbo posted:

Is there any evidence that the loot table is weighted toward your played class? I don't play Bright Wizard but I can't stop getting staves.

I get a lot of poo poo for kruber playing as kruber so yes its weighted towards who you are playing.

Lemming posted:

I feel like this game is fun, but a bit too casual for me. Is there somewhere I could go to murder thousands of rats in real life?

New york

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Krinkle posted:

https://youtu.be/F9nGyPz9uT0?t=39
Me playing this game, humming this song, every time.

If you knock skaven off of really high heights sometimes they'll make some pretty funny audio queues. One rat I hit just seemed to be having the time of his life as he fell to his death. A giant "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" that got fainter as he traveled towards the ground was heard by all.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
This game seems to give me so many memorable moments. I tried Well Watch for the first time tonight, and did so on hard mode. The first couple times we lost as I was still getting into the groove of things for the night. The elf (how appropriate) immediately started complaining loudly on the third attempt about how badly everything was sucking, how there was no chance we were going to win, etc, etc, over and over and over again. I told him we hadn't lost yet, and that we had to keep a positive attitude about it and just have fun.

Finally, we got the last defend objective - still a good 3 waves to go on it - with the well at about, oh, 2% health or so from the previous defense. The elf very sarcastically says, "Oh, yeah, I'm SURE we'll win this one, no problem." They started coming out of the woodwork, the entire lot of us all at 30% health or below. I set to swinging, dancing all over the place with my dodge to try and keep myself from being an easy target, giving it my all.

A couple of minutes later, we were on the wagon rolling our loot dice.

gently caress you, elf. :)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I know repeater pistols kinda suck, but a knockdown/penetration blue seems like a solid upgrade to skullcracker green pistols maybe?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm kind of stuck on the loot grind aspect of the game. I was one of the idiots who didn't really understand the weapon system and fused away my dorf's shield. Now I have two dorf melee weapons left, a white two handed hammer and a green one handed axe. I do fine on hard with any of the characters with weapons I'm comfortable with but if I end up with the dorf or bright wizard I suck sufficiently to not want to drag the rest of the party down.

So I am playing dorf in normal and easy to just try and get a white loving weapon/shield combo so I can go back to playing hard.

For the life of me I cannot roll a weapon/shield, jesus christ game I don't even care about rarity I just want my loving shield dorf back. :manning:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gimnbo posted:

We're all hosed. There's no way to match their pole technology.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

hooman posted:

I'm kind of stuck on the loot grind aspect of the game. I was one of the idiots who didn't really understand the weapon system and fused away my dorf's shield. Now I have two dorf melee weapons left, a white two handed hammer and a green one handed axe. I do fine on hard with any of the characters with weapons I'm comfortable with but if I end up with the dorf or bright wizard I suck sufficiently to not want to drag the rest of the party down.

So I am playing dorf in normal and easy to just try and get a white loving weapon/shield combo so I can go back to playing hard.

For the life of me I cannot roll a weapon/shield, jesus christ game I don't even care about rarity I just want my loving shield dorf back. :manning:

Just play hard, having weapon traits are nice but they're generally drat subtle if they're the proc ones. The extra damage is alittle subtle too since you really need to break certain thersholds to where a rat dies in one less hit, although I guess the extra damage is more notable for dealing with rat ogres.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 30, 2015

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Just got my second orange weapon.

It's a Bright Wizard staff, Raging Flame River.

The same as the first orange weapon I got (minus the modifiers).

I don't even play Bright Wizard. :v:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
They call me... rat crusher-burner.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Any AusGoons playing? i want some friends :(

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Gridlocked posted:

Pick me, pick me, just don't make me play shieldless dorf :australia:

EDIT: I'm handswithbenefits in the goonintide group, I should be up for some games about 5pm WST today.

hooman fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 30, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

hooman posted:

Yeah, it really feels to me like the game could use a way to trade item quality for more control over type.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I've gotten 13 Arming Swords while playing as the Witch Hunter, zero Rapiers. Bullshit.

But hey, on the bright side I spent thirty bucks on this while my buddy bought Sword Coast Legends instead. I'd take RNG fuckery over that turd any day.

There's also nothing quite like getting two grimoires, full tomes, and full cursed dice and only rolling positive on the grimoire dice. Like an inverse jackpot.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I finally got a loving rapier! A green, sure, but it's still a positive improvement over the starting rapier.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Gridlocked posted:

Yeah I'm Moose in Goonintide, generally doing NM runs or Hard of the less common maps and am around today, won't be on much through the weekend till tuesday though (public holiday woo).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Gimnbo posted:

Well this comes to mind.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53VUs8dlUt4

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Even the rats are exploiting Black Powder now, sheesh!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Behold! My greatest invention! The Mancatch-Longer!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Man the Ramparts really is the best popcorn level for when you just want to do a run or two. Which means it will probably be up next on the grinding wedge once they patch BP.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I've had bad times with packmasters.

http://imgur.com/a/qG3rP

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I do hope they release more classes for this game, cause I would loving love to play a Celestial Wizard and poo poo out lightning bolts and localized storms.

That and I'm sure tons of people would wanna play a black orc mercenary. Or hell, a skaven from a different clan since they love to gently caress each other over. :v:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Have the orc disguised as a ogre who has the flu, and the skaven has a hat, sunglasses, and fake beard and claims to be a dwarf.

plot twist: the dwarf mistakes the rat for cousin ockry

shamalya twist: the orc is ockry

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Do we ever learn what happened to the dwarfs quest for the lost hold? Krubers family died, Saltzpyre and Sienna don't really have an interwoven story and who honestly cares about the elf, but the dwarfs reason for being there is never concluded.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think the Devs said we might go there in an expansion sometime.

I hope they do. I'd love to see a dwarf hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

John Dyne posted:

I do hope they release more classes for this game, cause I would loving love to play a Celestial Wizard and poo poo out lightning bolts and localized storms.

That and I'm sure tons of people would wanna play a black orc mercenary. Or hell, a skaven from a different clan since they love to gently caress each other over. :v:

My friend suggested a White Lion as an extra class but I pointed it out would be the same as Kruber just basically a re-skin; though you could go for the "reach" melee character with only-two handed weapons with Spears and Halberds.

• Locked thread