Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

tnimark posted:

Yeah I should definitely check that out.

My favourite Mike Mitchell story that I've heard on another podcast was when he was a working on some show and had to take a poo poo in the office late at night when he thought nobody was there. He was sitting on the toilet and the motion sensor lights went out. He waved his arms and nothing happened. He stood up and waved his arms. Still nothing. He opened the stall door, walked out into the main section of the bathroom waving his hands in the air with his pants around his ankles. That's the moment somebody else walked in and the lights came on.

Doodie Calls! They have stellar episodes with Jon Gabrus, Paul Scheer, Curtis Gwyn, and Anthony Antamanauk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Great HDTGM episode today
"i think she was paralyzed...from some baby...accident? where the baby, i guess, didn't happen??"
- "It's called a miscarriage Paul."

Power of Pecota posted:

If anyone's not sold on Doughboys, this week's episode has a story about when someone barfed on Mike Mitchell's rear end on an American Airlines flight.
Immediately followed by a food review.

Also Mike struggling to say Halle-loving-lujah was the best
alaale..
alalalefucking
wait. Hallelujah, ok
alalelefuckingludja

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
he could take some hallelujah pronunciation lessons from jimmy pardo

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm not sure if I enjoy Doughboys because sometimes I can't tell if it's anti humor or they're just rambling.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Cloks posted:

I'm not sure if I enjoy Doughboys because sometimes I can't tell if it's anti humor or they're just rambling.

Lol it is surprisingly earnest, so "rambling".

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Cloks posted:

Andy kaufman: hero or scoundrel?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I don't know why but the funniest part of that HH was them saying the big reveal in The Usual Suspects was that Kobayashi was a plate.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I enjoyed that HDTGM but Horatio Sans was really out of it. It took Jason saying "Clitoris" to get anything from him.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, he piped up like 3 times. When he spoke he didn't necessarily sound more stoned than normal though. He's been pretty quiet on CBB a couple of times too, I think. Could just be that he likes to sit back and listen.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Sounds like classic Horatio.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
To whoever recommended that Cordero version of the Newlywed game, that was a good shout. June scornfully laughing after Paul suggested "photography" for his unknown talent is good stuff.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Beeez posted:

Sounds like classic Horatio.

Classic Horatio only involves him giving the best directions from the 405 , sorry

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
this week's with special guest was...so adult!!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Cloks posted:

Its just 2 guys shooting the poo poo... well if you don't like that its fine but you're not missing a secret meaning or anything.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

Its just 2 guys shooting the poo poo... well if you don't like that its fine but you're not missing a secret meaning or anything.

Yeah, I think I realized that. It's kind of a refreshing change of pace to listen to people be very earnest about what they enjoy but it makes me pause when Mitchell says something like "chili is a great fall food" because it just seems so obvious.

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

I miss Topics. I wish they would do more episodes. The live ones especially were hilarious.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Doughboys is the best. I enjoy it more than any current podcast including cbcs the current

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Jim Rash on Spont was one of the rare studio episodes where the interview guest joins the improv part and knocks it out of the park.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This week's Hollywood handbook is avant garde to say the least. It's the Jeff Dunham takedown we've all been waiting for.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Cloks posted:

This week's Hollywood handbook is avant garde to say the least. It's the Jeff Dunham takedown we've all been waiting for.

Super high-level ep. And the end was just so sweet.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

Super high-level ep. And the end was just so sweet.

Yeah, this is probably the episode I would use to introduce people to the show. The setup is simple, the goal is clear, the humor was great, and if you tune out for a few seconds you're not completely lost.

And yeah, that final joke knocked it out of the goddamn park.

e: and while we're talking about an improv podcast - they're not Earwolf, but two NYC UCB based improv podcasts I really enjoy are Make Yourself Comfy and You Tell It. Both very silly with short scenes. The former is edited in post semi-Superego style, and the latter has storytelling breaks AssssCat style.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 3, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I've always wanted to hear Achmed the Dead Terrorist discuss Grantland.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
so rando

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Why so Syria.... the Joker.

Bucharest.... Bucha... give it a rest.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Tonight's episode of The Grinder was written by Sean. It features a woman who doesn't even own a television, and isn't that interesting?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
maybe it's just getting old, maybe it's because society is getting more loaded with junk data and reference culture

but all the interesting facts sean makes fun of are also things i can't stand hearing repeated every time someone thinks they have something interesting to say

oh you think the only good steak is a rare steak because of the science of food cooking??? that's really interesting i never heard that before!!!

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Tarranon posted:

maybe it's just getting old, maybe it's because society is getting more loaded with junk data and reference culture

but all the interesting facts sean makes fun of are also things i can't stand hearing repeated every time someone thinks they have something interesting to say

oh you think the only good steak is a rare steak because of the science of food cooking??? that's really interesting i never heard that before!!!

Thats why its funny.... to me at least

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Tarranon posted:

Don't have a cow man

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tarranon posted:

huh when you say it like this, it make the things sean says kinda funny.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i agree that that is why they are funny dorklords

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tarranon posted:

i like this bit you're doing where you describe why something's funny while pretending not to realize it

Tarranon posted:

i agree that that is why they are funny dorklords

you've done a poor job of articulating this.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
rereading my post i realize i actually forgot to make my final point

which is that it seems like it's getting worse and we're just collecting more and more terrifyingly inane things to say

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Speaking of getting worse

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
the problem is that i'm not smart, please be kind to me

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
"Plate is for food-hold, not wall-throw" might be the greatest line ever uttered in man's history.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Conrad_Birdie posted:

"Plate is for food-hold, not wall-throw" might be the greatest line ever uttered in man's history.

Ehhhh... right.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

I hope Sean is allowed to do more dance parties in the future, because that one was very good

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The best part was when he was just reading that Sam Mendes articles and seemed surprised how over-the-top hollywood bullshitty it already was.

"You’re trying to surf the big wave, so be prepared to be wiped out — but when you catch it, it feels like nothing else."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
What a great episode. Every time HH has gone off format it has been something special. (Even the episode photos are part of the joke - that's commitment to a bit.)

Drunkboxer posted:

The best part was when he was just reading that Sam Mendes articles and seemed surprised how over-the-top hollywood bullshitty it already was.

"You’re trying to surf the big wave, so be prepared to be wiped out — but when you catch it, it feels like nothing else."

"Ignore the white noise;" alright, so once again he's really hung up on this race thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I live in the UK and don't know who Jeff Dunham is + it's weird that achmed the dead terrorist and jose jalapeno are real things