Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

RevKrule posted:

I said it was coming back in July and here it finally is. Got my Marvel Unlimited Plus bonus today. On top of the standard variant comics (3 issues this time instead of 2) they also gave out a SHIELD and SSR pin and Rescue.

No alternate head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Djarum posted:

No alternate head?

No. What you see is what I got. No alternate parts. No accessories.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

RevKrule posted:

No. What you see is what I got. No alternate parts. No accessories.

drat. I was really looking forward to getting the Pepper Potts head. Glad I didn't pony up the cash for it.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Louisgod posted:

Venom will be mine.

Along with that, somebody found a picture of the new World of Nintendo 4" figures:

Bowser Jr, Waluigi and Shiek are must haves.

This would be exciting if anywhere actually carried these. This line is essentially ebay exclusives that are $20-30 each.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 28, 2015

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

RevKrule posted:

I said it was coming back in July and here it finally is. Got my Marvel Unlimited Plus bonus today. On top of the standard variant comics (3 issues this time instead of 2) they also gave out a SHIELD and SSR pin and Rescue.

No Pepper head I see, drat.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fish Of Doom posted:

This would be exciting if anywhere actually carried these. This line is essentially ebay exclusives that are $20-30 each.

What are you needing? The last two waves are on the pegs of the Fred Meyers near me and I'm happy to ship whatever you need your way.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

RevKrule posted:

Is that figure ML scale or MU scale?
Either way it looks cool and I want one.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Xenomrph posted:

Is that figure ML scale or MU scale?
Either way it looks cool and I want one.

Marvel Legends scale. Again, its a nice little perk you get along with Marvel Unlimited Plus. They're trying to do more perks with varying success.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/659438855045718016

NECA will have 7" figures of Reeve's Superman, West's Batman and Ledger's Joker in a special pack budled with the movies, just like the Keaton's Batman from last year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

NECA will have 7" figures of Reeve's Superman, West's Batman and Ledger's Joker in a special pack budled with the movies, just like the Keaton's Batman from last year.

Looks like I need a keep a eye out at work.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

YOOOOOO. Gonna need that Supes and Bats real bad.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

NECA making Mattel look worse and worse. That West Batman is phantastical.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, are they already out? I gotta head to Baton Rouge tomorrow anyway. I'd love to stop by the TRU and grab a Superman. That's a boss figure.

The website only shows the 1/4 scale one :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat, are they already out? I gotta head to Baton Rouge tomorrow anyway. I'd love to stop by the TRU and grab a Superman. That's a boss figure.

The website only shows the 1/4 scale one :(

Not out, they just got announced

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
According to their twitter feed, the figures are out already.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drat, are they already out? I gotta head to Baton Rouge tomorrow anyway. I'd love to stop by the TRU and grab a Superman.

That's a terrible TRU for collectors stuff and you know it. :colbert:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

Not out, they just got announced

They are also in stores right now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Somebody pick up that Superman for me, I will pay you handsomely.

On that note, which stores are carrying these? I never saw 89 Batman at TRU.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

That's a terrible TRU for collectors stuff and you know it. :colbert:

Yea but it's the only one we got :smith:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I couldnt bite the bullet on the Hot Toys Batman as I dont have THAT much love for it - but i'll pay up for that decent 7"!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Yea but it's the only one we got :smith:

I once drove to the Laffy TRU to get Leader Jetfire (and have dinner at the Popeyes buffet)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Checked two toysrus and found the Adam West Batman and the Heath Ledger Joker, but no Superman. Sucks.

The deal was you buy a super hero DVD (DVD... Bleh) for 20 and get the figure half off.

Oh well. I'll try my local spots again in a few days.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I did a double take when I noticed what DVD each figure came with...

Not that it matters because they're going right in the trash the second I get the figure out of the package

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Wouldn't the sort of nerd who'd be interested in these toys also be more interested in a bluray than a dvd?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They're finally doing a Dragonball Goku Figuarts

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No luck at the semi local TRU. :(

Think I'm just gonna go the ebay route.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Somebody buy that fuckin Superman figure for me

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

They are also in stores right now.

Correct! I didn't realize they'd be out the next day. Everybody who found them in/near Seattle only found Bats and Joker from what I can tell, no Supes.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

boom boom boom posted:

They're finally doing a Dragonball Goku Figuarts

Yessssss finally!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of my go-to guys for figure news tells me Superman hasn't shipped yet.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
FYI, what to look out for when you go to TRU:

(Not mine)

They've definitely shipped.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

(Not mine)

So the bargain is that you get the toy and the DVD for thirty bucks together? Why not just buy the toy for twenty bucks, and then go to target and get the movie for five bucks?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

boom boom boom posted:

So the bargain is that you get the toy and the DVD for thirty bucks together? Why not just buy the toy for twenty bucks, and then go to target and get the movie for five bucks?

Because TRU is stupid. The figures ring up separately with no issues.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Worth noting, the Superman in that shot is not the Neca/Reeve Superman.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

funtax posted:

Worth noting, the Superman in that shot is not the Neca/Reeve Superman.

True facts. It's a giant sized heroclix figure. Saw that too when I looked at the display and figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Also the selling it with the DVD is the loophole that lets NECA make 7" DC figures. Otherwise they could not because Mattel owns that license.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

(Not mine)

My store hasn't got them in yet, as one of the calls to work was asking if they were in stock.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Just got this guy from Amazon:

I really hated the Injustice costume designs in the game and comics, but somehow, SH Figuarts has produced some amazing figures despite them. I think that I like it even bettter than my SH Figuarts Batman figure.
It's a shame that the line is dead after only 4 figures, I hope they make some more DC characters figures with better designs in the future.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I live in a relatively small & isolated city with no Toys R Us in reasonable driving distance. I'd like to get both the Keaton Batman figure and the Reeve Superman. Is the secondary market for these things reasonable? Is Keaton Batman still in stores at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Keaton Batman is long gone, and this release looks to be hiking up his aftermarket value to $45 - $60.

Although you are good with paint. Get the video game appearance Batman which is going no where fast and paint it if you want a project.