Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Chilcot report – Every dot and comma and the 2m words of evidence in the Chilcot report will be forensically examined to ensure it cannot be undermined by Blair and co"

Telegraph:

Independent:

EU referendum: David Cameron to 'quicken pace' of talks

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... How the Government chooses to spend our taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... How the Government chooses to spend our taxes

I'll second (first?) the 'gently caress off Mac' on this, but at least it's abundantly clear that Cameron and Osborne are the bad guys again, even if it's foreign aid :bahgawd: that he's picking up on after all the corruption.

The PM and Chancellor have lost the Mail (cartoons). It's looking like another Major disaster.

(Is anyone daring to look at the Sun cartoons? Do they still run political cartoons? I remember when they turned on Major in the mid-90s and it was the first time they stopped being full-Tory in a while.)

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I'll give Mac a pass on this one.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If... 26-29 October

Notes for this week:

- The Momentum Falcon is named after a grassroots group of Corbyn supporters within the Labour party.
- The malfunction of the paup slaughter beam refers to the tax credits defeat in the Lords - see Cloud Potato's posts over the past few days
- George Styporker returns as Lord Bumnose and the apprentice is now the master
- For what it's worth, I had a scroll through Hansard and it appears that Lord Mandelson voted for Baroness Meacher's amendment to delay the implementation of tax credits cuts until the impact was understood, but abstained from the big headline one which was Baroness Hollis's amendment to also provide full transitional protection from the cuts for at least three years

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Under the process of Maxwellisation, that should be Tony himself.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Saurus posted:

I'll give Mac a pass on this one.

I won't, because aid doesn't just involve figuratively flushing money down the drain and it keeps alive the idea that we're wasting money on worthless foreigns. So, gently caress off Mac.

Also I'm really starting to cool down on Steve Bell here. If... has always been a bit odd, but this is just childishly schizophrenic.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I thought Mac was saying that all that stuff ends up as dirty seedy money, grabbed by the corrupt mutants below in the sewers such as Sepp Blatter and the dictators who receive foreign aid.

I gave him too much credit

gently caress off Mac.

e: If... has always been like this - you are the one who has changed as you've gotten older. i never liked it much, seeing corbyn dressed up as obi wan kenobi at least provides mild amusement

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 30, 2015

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Sometimes If... really hits it for six, I thought the Labour beans stuff earlier this year was inspired. But the Star Wars parody is really dragging on without any decent gags.

That said I loved Bell's editorial toons yesterday and today. Making Blair's Pinocchio nose the branch that the Chilcot sloth is hanging from is a great visual gag.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Party Boat posted:

Sometimes If... really hits it for six, I thought the Labour beans stuff earlier this year was inspired. But the Star Wars parody is really dragging on without any decent gags.

That said I loved Bell's editorial toons yesterday and today. Making Blair's Pinocchio nose the branch that the Chilcot sloth is hanging from is a great visual gag.

He's the only political cartoonist who can actually make me laugh out loud, but yeah If needs to finish with the Star Wars poo poo jokes

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:spooky:

Ghouldian:

"Martin Rowson on Shaker Aamer's release from Guantánamo Bay – Shaker Aamer has been released from the US base in Cuba after 14 years of incarceration without trial"

Terrorgraph:

End Times:

Kids Company: Concerns over finance 'since 2002'

Stephen Collins's Severed Hand:

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Under the process of Maxwellisation, that should be Tony himself.

Maxwellisation is just a chance to respond, not redact. And it's over already.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Noone ever made homemade cookies in my neighborhood....

quote:

He's the only political cartoonist who can actually make me laugh out loud, but yeah If needs to finish with the Star Wars poo poo jokes
Half the time they weren't even jokes. Bell's typically the best but ugh.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"George Osborne finds something hard to swallow - Chris Riddell on the Lords’ response to the chancellor’s cuts to tax credits for working people"

Sunday Telegraph:

Scottish Labour votes to scrap Trident

Independent on Sunday:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

thanks, i stole this for my apples thread

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

The Saurus posted:

thanks, i stole this for my apples thread

Nice, it's a good thread.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May’s snooper’s charter - Home secretary forced to drop certain proposals, such as allowing police and security services full access to everyone’s internet browsing history"

Telegraph:

Times:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

IDGI, mushroom cloud? Are they saying that Scottish Labour dropping Trident Renewal is going to get us all blown up? That Labour is destroying itself over Trident?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Fukin Labour dont want us to be able to end the world in nuclear holocaust. That's not sensible.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I believe the current leadership prefers asteroid.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Thats a wonderfully grotesque Rowson there. I love it. Dare I say there isn't a single bad one out there today.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trident renewal – After Scottish Labour rejects renewal, shadow defence secretary Maria Eagle says it is not a devolved matter and Labour backs upgrade"

Telegraph:

It was foggy in London yesterday.

Independent:

Times:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

HuffPo posted:

A "vile" cartoon published in today's Daily Mail has sparked outrage, amid accusations that the drawing looked as though it should have been published in Britain's bygone racist era.

The 'Mac' image, which also appears on the paper's website, references news that singer Tom Jones will undergo tests in a bid to discover whether he has black ancestry.

It depicts two white colonial-type explorers, one reading a newspaper with the headline "'Am I black?' asks Tom Jones", another approaching two black tribesmen with a test-tube, clutching a briefcase adorned with the words "DNA tests".

Tuesday's cartoon caption reads: "The DNA matches - now just one more test... can you sing Delilah?", a song by Jones that became the sixth best-selling British single in 1968.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/03/daily-mail-mac-cartoon-tom-jones-race-black_n_8460604.html?1446563181

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Britain's bygone racist era."

heh :smith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Okay, Mac, you've finally done it (again).

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I thought it was a strip about the mind numbing trials of working in retail?

The guy has a sale on shrunken heads, and he's still getting nothing but loving timewasters coming round all day.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am more appalled by a shameless Land Rover product placement.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The airplane one is actually pretty clever and Steve Bell's is brilliant. Some good cartoons that don't need to be made Good Cartoons for a change.

And then there's Mac. Ruining it for everybody.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fans posted:

And then there's Mac. Ruining it for everybody.
New thread title?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I really like the art in Adams' one today.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

The (un)impressive thing is that Mac's overlooked one racist stereotype (all black men are deep-voiced incredible singers) for one that doesn't even make sense unless you think literally all non-white people are the same (those are presumably Jivaroans,the only people to practise heads shrinking and who do not actually have curly hair).

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Just be happy he didn't put explorer guy in a big pot with Baron Samedi capering in the background

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kegluneq posted:

The (un)impressive thing is that Mac's overlooked one racist stereotype (all black men are deep-voiced incredible singers) for one that doesn't even make sense unless you think literally all non-white people are the same (those are presumably Jivaroans,the only people to practise heads shrinking and who do not actually have curly hair).
All black people live in huts in Africa. They were certainly never moved anywhere else. That's as deep as the train of thought goes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's actually just a tourist trap and gullible white scientists don't notice that the heads are plastic and the woman vapes an e-cig.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Margaret Thatcher and the V&A – Range of items belonging to late former prime minister will be sold at auction by Christie’s after museum ‘politely declined’ offer"

Telegraph:

No 10 ridiculed after adding poppy to David Cameron Facebook picture

Independent:

David Cameron warned against Syria vote by Commons committee

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Sir Tom Jones taking a DNA test

Mac on... police being taken off the beat

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Jesus gently caress. A little warning please. I would like to sleep at some point

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Hunt and the junior doctors dispute – A strike by junior doctors has moved a step closer after their union angrily rejected the health secretary’s latest offer and accused him of devaluing their role"

Telegraph:

Times:

Egyptian President Sisi set to arrive for UK visit

Mail:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jesus, they are some old looking Junior Doctors. Mac is loving dreadful.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Funny how the media's practically united on how bad the Tory policies are, first tax credits and junior doctor contracts, but only because middle-class people will start losing out

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I don't think any middle class people are losing out because of tax credits.

Then again the number of people considering themselves middle class has got ridiculous.

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Jesus, they are some old looking Junior Doctors. Mac is loving dreadful.

I think Mac is only capable of drawing young people as yobbos with hoodies so the idea of young people as doctors performing a useful role causes him to short circuit and default to generic middle aged white guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Bush and Cheney – A new biography of former US president George HW Bush has cast new light on the role of his defence secretary"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Russian plane crash: Bomb may have downed airliner, US and UK say

Mail:
Mac on... tourists finding themselves stranded in Sharm el-Sheikh

'It's been hell, darling. Sitting here on my suitcase, bored stiff waiting for a plane to take me home'

Guardian Sport:

• Locked thread