Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

And ain't no Interdimend in Ar Ciel game can go pound sand for suggesting it.

Checking the relevant conversation just now:
"Don't tell me you're intervening on that world [Ar Ciel] too by using Interdimend"
-No, but I saved it three times.
-It's the future, I can't talk about it

Dunno, Earthes recognizes the Tonelico games as Not Interdimend, so :shrug:?

E: Even discounting Lyner forgetting Misha and Aoto* being (ugh) Aoto, Croix never displayed Interdimend symptoms.

*getting taken over by your average nerd would probably qualify as an improvement here

Omobono fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Feinne posted:

A counting song about the goddess Raphlanca spreading seeds.
Exec.Hibernation

quote:

A song about the heroine Harvestasya, whose fiance was stolen by an evil queen.
Afezeria Harvestasya? I'm not sure on this one because it's not one of the in-game tracks.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Feinne posted:

A song celebrating a future in which the world has ended.

EXEC_over.METHOD_SUBLIMATION/.

Feinne posted:

EXEC_HARVESTASYA/.

Feinne posted:

A song about Cocona's past.

METHOD_HYMMELI/.

quote:

An incomplete song for creating land.

EXEC_METAFALICA/.

quote:

A song that allows a Reyvateil to take over another's soulspace.

EXEC_LINCA/. (?)

quote:

This song shuts down the Tower of Eoria.

EXEC_SUSPEND/.

quote:

An AI's security control program.

chmod b111000000/n ???

quote:

A song about hope and disappointment.

EXEC_HARMONIOUS_FYUSION/. ??

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Feinne posted:

Oh sorry I'm talking about 5's DLC. He joins Adell and Rozalin for a super strong trio of maps.

Like I'm not going to say I'd never LP it because it's not outside the realm of possibility but of it, DD2, and 5 I definitely prefer the latter 2. And if I were at the point of psyching myself up for an NIS sprg that I'm somewhat less enthused about it'd probably be the long-awaited Phantom Brave LP (no I'm not LPing Phantom Brave next but for entirely different reasons).

Actually gently caress it here are the twofold reasons for why Phantom Brave will require like strange aeons the stars are right poo poo:

1) It is extremely depressing for like 90% of the plot. The last bit is awesome but god drat does it punch you in the gut on the way there.

2) Phantom Brave is something really special and will require a lot of work to show off the way I'd want to.

So yes no Microsoft Excel Presents: Little Girl Anguish Simulator in the near future.
Nothing in the world had me wishing for a Demon Path more than Phantom Brave.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Elric posted:

I cleared chapter 1. Walnut happened :argh:.
Even knowing it eventually gets better, Little Girl Anguish Simulator beat me.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Feinne posted:

Those are all correct, here are some replacements. The clue for these is even more esoteric, because it's What the song is about.

A counting song about the goddess Raphlanca spreading seeds.
technically any song of the Salavec Rhaplanca, but seeds are mentioned most in METHOD_HIBERNATION

A polka about cats fighting.
EXEC_EP=NOVA/

A song about hope and disappointment.
METHOD_IMPLANTA/ wherein the one that saw 1000 cruelties is shown 1001 pure hearts

Afezeria HARVESTASYA

A song about Cocona's past.
METHOD_HYMME_GRANZERO=SPEAR/

Feinne posted:

Here's some more trivia, this time all one the same basic question: Which song does the listed function correspond to?

One of the control songs for a Guardian in the Tower of Frelia.
EXEC_DESPEDIA/

This song shuts down the Tower of Eoria.
EXEC_SUSPEND/ - it only shuts down most of the tower, however, else the Wings of Horus would fall.

This song causes humans, Antibodies, and Reyvateils to be merged into Reyvaroids.
EXEC_Z/

This song can cause a Reyvateil's physical strength and size to greatly increase temporarily.
EXEC_CUTYPUMP/, which really should be EXEC_FLIP_CUTYPUMP/

This song sealed the Mother Virus.
EXEC_CHRONICLE=KEY/ (or CHRONICLE_KEY if you want to be a purist)

An AI's security control program.
CLASS::CIEL_N_PROTECTA/

An incomplete song for creating land.
EXEC_METAFALICA; technically I could also mention METHOD_METAFALICA except that one just gives the IPDs a peek into the Queen's cosmosphere rather than making Freudian Continents

A Reyvateil Origin emulator.
EXEC_SOL=FAGE/

A song that allows a Reyvateil to take over another's soulspace.
That's not really what EXEC_LINKER does. :mad:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Elric posted:

I think such a thing might exist in the remakes actually, though I never really played any of them.

And yes I probably described the effect in practice of EXEC_LINCA rather than what it was really 'for'.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012
Aww, I'm sad to have missed the latest trivia round before everyone else got to it. Finally caught up to this...I was waiting until I beat the game myself to read.

I appreciate this LP, Feinne, particularly fixing and making consistent a lot of the localization stuff, it makes some things clearer to me.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

UncertainKitten posted:

Aww, I'm sad to have missed the latest trivia round before everyone else got to it. Finally caught up to this...I was waiting until I beat the game myself to read.

I appreciate this LP, Feinne, particularly fixing and making consistent a lot of the localization stuff, it makes some things clearer to me.

Don't worry, I'll probably have more soon to buy more time.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Feinne posted:

I see you've realised the truth: if you go too long without posting some kind of content to the thread, the seal on my powers will weaken, and I'll be able to break free and subject you to a fate worse than death - I'll post a neverending series of essays on how this game perpetuates a problematic exclusionary heteronormative patriarchal hegemonic discourse.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

A little on topic, a little off-topic. There's a group releasing their second original Hymmnos album set in a fan-made future Ar Ciel.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I see you've realised the truth: if you go too long without posting some kind of content to the thread, the seal on my powers will weaken, and I'll be able to break free and subject you to a fate worse than death - I'll post a neverending series of essays on how this game perpetuates a problematic exclusionary heteronormative patriarchal hegemonic discourse.

Oh hey, now I kinda want you to deliver. I mean, I'm really into the Ar series but..

Feinne posted:

I'll look forward to it. I've invested far too much of my life into memorizing far too many hymmnos songs and generally enjoying the worldbuilding.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Omobono posted:

I cleared chapter 1. Walnut happened :argh:.
Even knowing it eventually gets better, Little Girl Anguish Simulator beat me.
Seriously, gently caress that guy. With a rake.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

UncertainKitten posted:

Oh hey, now I kinda want you to deliver. I mean, I'm really into the Ar series but..
You're playing with powers you don't understand. The endless cosmic wisdom granted by my ultimate technique, "Chains of Markov", is far beyond human comprehension.

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

You're playing with powers you don't understand. The endless cosmic wisdom granted by my ultimate technique, "Chains of Markov", is far beyond human comprehension.

I think I want this more than I did before. Markov chains are great.

Actually, I think what I want now is Markov hymmnos. Is there a way to make that happen? I feel like there should be.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Elric posted:

Seriously, gently caress that guy. With a rake.

Yes Walnut is the worst man and everything he does as Endorph is informed by his regrets over being literally the worst man. Speaking of worst men, let's do some Villain Recognition:

The Tenba corporation's second in command.

Declared a holy war against Platina as part of an elaborate revenge plot.

A cool guy who turned out to actually not be human. Still cool though.

The leader of the Grand Bell.

Some jerk from Archia, tried to steal a Heart of Gaea.

A prince who was friends with Croix.

The strongest Guardian of the Tower of Frelia.

Archia's leader.

A rogue AI.

Turned into a dragon. Which never works, and didn't work for him.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I don't care what 4th's actual name is (Alfman), he's called Cowlick Lollypopgun or Mc You Do Realize We're The Evil Faction. Game maybe fellates him a bit too much but he was cool.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Feinne posted:

Raki. She's also what killed Nenesha.

quote:

A rogue AI.
One of the Harvestashas. I'm pretty sure it's Vista?

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

Feinne posted:

Declared a holy war against Platina as part of an elaborate revenge plot.

Bishop Falss (Because they couldn't make THAT obvious enough), also known as Kyle Clancy

Feinne posted:

A prince who was friends with Croix

Targana

Feinne posted:

Archia's leader.

Raphael

Figured I'd do one from each game.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Feinne posted:

Some jerk from Archia, tried to steal a Heart of Gaea.

Dr. Laude/Loud/whatever, aka Mute's dad.

Feinne posted:

Raki.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Feinne posted:

The Tenba corporation's second in command.

Bourd Rade

quote:

A cool guy who turned out to actually not be human. Still cool though.

Ayatane?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

Yes Walnut is the worst man and everything he does as Endorph is informed by his regrets over being literally the worst man. Speaking of worst men, let's do some Villain Recognition:

Fun thing, I had played Soul Nomad first, so upon seeing Endorph in Phantom Brave I kinda assumed his hearth of gold wasn't a surgical prosthesis. Man, talk about blindsides.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Omobono posted:

Fun thing, I had played Soul Nomad first, so upon seeing Endorph in Phantom Brave I kinda assumed his hearth of gold wasn't a surgical prosthesis. Man, talk about blindsides.

No that's the real worst part about Walnut, he's doing all that bad poo poo while convincing himself he's still in the right because of what he's doing with the money.

He's a good guy who, through a gradual chain of increasingly terrible choices, eventually finds himself constantly doing awful things and not even really recognizing they're such until their results literally threaten the world.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I've got some crap that popped up which is slowing down things a bit, but I still should get an update up in the next couple of days.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Feinne posted:

No that's the real worst part about Walnut, he's doing all that bad poo poo while convincing himself he's still in the right because of what he's doing with the money.

He's a good guy who, through a gradual chain of increasingly terrible choices, eventually finds himself constantly doing awful things and not even really recognizing they're such until their results literally threaten the world.

Pretty much. Hell, if Marona had been even slightly less heroic, even his little sister would have died from monster attacks, rendering even the reason he was so awful meaningless.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Well, she’s not here and we’re done eating, so back to the story. Ion gathered the Seven and they all met at PLASMA headquarters.

Video- “The Heart of Gaea”

Watch

Yes. The Imperial Council is the official title of the Seven.
Back on Ra Ciela, I was Empress for a short time, and I gave everyone here that title.
…Wait, me too?
Yep. That’s probably why you were sleeping in Felion.
It pains me to say it, but… It was impossible to bring everyone on the ship to Felion.
Only those with some kind of special power were brought to the city.
Was this Imperial Council really that special?
That’s just a title. What really matters is whether or not Cosal recognizes you as worthy of it.
Cosal could Chain with those he recognized, bring their thoughts together, and weave powerful songs.
With all of us, we should be able to weave a song that can affect an entire world.
Of course, a lot has to happen for that to work, but…I’m pretty sure we could weave a wonderful song.
Hey…Ion, is this what you’ve been working toward this whole time?
Creating a new planet?
If you have, then we’ve been pretty blind. Spending all our time fighting the Sharl…

This of course wasn’t what Ion had been working on, though if she’d known it was possible earlier she likely would have been.

I…I just wanted to use the power of the Imperial Council to stop Nelo.
And if I could, I wanted to weave a song that could save her…
…But that didn’t go very well.
What happened to Nelo was our fault. You can’t blame yourself.
Thanks, Delta.
Anyway, where are we going exactly?
Cosal is waiting for us at a place called Syestine, on Ar Ciel.
All right then, Ar Ciel it is. Let’s go.

She led them all to where Kanon and Cosal waited.

The Imperial Council recognizes the weight of this power, and so swear to weave with pure hearts, for all life.
Seven: I swear.
Bring forth the power you possess. Gather your wisdom and your thought, and we shall weave a song of miracles.
wa-fen-nay-nei-nh ah-ih-nay, fao-du hyu-me-i;
This heart is to become my next form. And it is to become your world.
Turn your purest thoughts to song, here and now.
From the Divine Empress, the power to unify all; to bring all thoughts together as one.
From Celestial Law, the technique for the creation of our planet from physical matter.
From Imperial Song, the control of space and time, and the power to accelerate creation.
From the Common World, the power to protect and preserve all bonds in our world.
From the Palace of Compassion, the power to breathe the breath of life into our planet.
From the Light of Wisdom, the power to create countless Wills in our planet, from the thoughts of all.
And from the Enlightened Sovereign, the bonds of affection for Cosal, life giver of our new planet.
Your 7 thoughts, 7 separate worlds, are to become as one now, through the power of Oversight.
This power is now to be offered up to Cosal, the life giver of our planet.

I just want to point out that I came up with a similar but much better plan all on my own. Huh? No, I’m not going to explain why it was better. It just was.

I shall become a shining world for my children, that I may continue to protect them for eternity…
Kanoyeel… The rest is in your hands.
Cosal!
I…I can feel the song inside of me.
We must all sing it together—this song that our Lord Cosal has woven for us.
Not just us. Everyone in the world has to sing, uniting all of our hearts.
We must fill the Heart of the Planet with all our thoughts for our world.
A planet is a vessel for souls, where countless thoughts become a single will, bound to a single purpose.
I am sure that you can create a beautiful vessel, free of conflict.
Thank you, Horus.
As the representative of our world, allow me to express our gratitude to the Gods of Ar Ciel.
We shall repay you, someday…
Even when our distant descendants live upon our world, we shall never forget this debt.
We are grateful for Ar Ciel’s help, and I’m sure Cosal will be too.
I shall take My leave. Blessings upon this new planet, and may the future of our brethren be bright.

A cool guy showed up there too.

Of course. I was watching you as you wove your Song Magic.
It was most impressive. It seems there is still much for us to learn.
There are a lot of people here from the Teru Tribe…
Yes. Once I told them I’d met you, they wanted to do so too.
Tonight will be a time for old friends to reconnect—a reunion after thousands of years of separation.

Ion asked him about the Teru tribe.

Hello Ionasal. Is there something you need?
Um… There’s actually something I wanted to ask you.
Oh? Well, I will do my best to answer you, if I can.
Um, Ayatane, your people almost look like some kind of human and dragon hybrid.
Are you born like that?
All those born in the Teru Tribe now appear this way.
We have discovered, though, that we once looked just as humans do.
Then how did you end up like this?
I only learned this from the Will of the Planet recently…
In the ancient past, our people were on the verge of extinction.
What?!
You must already know, but our ancestors were a scouting team from your planet, before its destruction.
It seems they struggled to adapt to the new environment of this world.
There were issues procuring basic necessities, but the worst was a disease which spread among our people.
A disease?
Yes. This was a new world, with new threats.
Many of these new things proved toxic to them.
These toxins accumulated within their bodies, and began to sap their strength.

It turned out he had an explanation for their appearance.

By completely Harmonizing with this dragon, some of our ancestors were able to resist the toxins.
Those who could not adapt in this way died out over time.
That is why the Teru Tribe you see today appears as they do.
Incidentally, the name “Teru” comes from the name of the dragon that saved us.
The Teru Tribe… Is descended from a dragon…?
Ayatane, do you know the name of that dragon?
I believe it was… Tereken, or Terefun… I apologize. It seems I’ve already forgotten.

Ionasal? Is something the matter?
Oh, no! It’s nothing!
Um, thank you very much.
I’m glad I could help.

I’m sure that was very important or something but what’s really important is that a certain someone hasn’t made it in time and now it’s time for that story!

Video- “The Offer”

Watch

You helped us out a bit, too.
Hey… “A bit”?
Oh, uh, no, I meant a lot. You did a lot for us.
You did a lot for me too.
I lived in that tower a long, long time.
And I’ll probably be stuck there for a lot longer, too…
I’m really glad you gave me a chance to see the outside world.
I got to see so much stuff I’d never seen before. It was a lot of fun.
I’ll always remember it.
I know it wasn’t long, but we had a lot of fun spending time with you too.
We’ve got a new planet, so we should go see it together some time!
…Yeah, that would be nice.
Oh, that reminds me. The Star Singer’s Platform was really pretty.
I’m thinking about building something like that in my tower too.
I want to build an even bigger telescope, so I can see the planet you’re going to be living on.
That way, even after you’ve left for your new planet, I can remember the things we saw together.
I think you might be overdoing it a bit. We can just come visit you. Don’t be so gloomy!

…What’s wrong?

She was getting really upset because the way between Ar Ciel and the former Ra Ciela was going to close.

Once that happens… We might never be able to see each other again.
Oh…I guess that’s probably true.
So…
U-Um…Delta…
Huh…?

And then she seriously asked him to stay on Ar Ciel! Can you believe it?

What!?
I-I… I’ve never enjoyed talking to a guy this much, except my father.
S-So, I…I want you to stay here and talk to me, and go on adventures with me.
I-I’m sorry, I know I should’ve kept my mouth shut, but…

Feinne’s Notes:
So, if you choose to stay with Shurelia here it’s game over Bad End because Delta’s necessary for this to work. Little homewrecker.

I mean of course he didn’t.

Sorry, but I can’t do that. People are depending on me, and there’s still something I need to do.
…I know. I was just kidding. Forget about it.
But if the gate ever does open again, you can always come visit.
I will.
…That’s a promise, then.

Anyway that was sure awkward, wasn’t it? Ayatane had something for them before they left.

Video- “To The End”

Watch

I only wish we could have invited you to stay on our world. I’m sorry it turned out like this.
You don’t need to apologize. We really are grateful to the people of Ar Ciel.
I’m happy to hear you say that. I hope you can create a wonderful paradise.
…Thank you, Ayatane.
Also… Would you accept this? It’s a little gift from us to our brethren.
Is it a book…?
It has been passed down through our tribe, and describes the creation of “Reincarnation” thought crystals.
I’d have liked to give you the crystals themselves, but unfortunately we lack the means to create them.
However, given the strength of your thoughts, I’ve no doubt you will be able to.
Thank you! It’s a wonderful gift!
I’m sorry that it is all I can give you. I pray it will help you find greater happiness.
Feel free to visit any time, as long as the connection remains open. You are always welcome.
We’ll be back, I promise!
How is everyone doing?
Pretty well. Everyone on the Orei, human and Sharl, has pulled together.

Feinne’s Notes:
We just got four recipes, one for each synthesis shop. If we make all four, it will change the ending. It’s kind of a kick in the teeth without to be quite honest.

They all returned to the ship.

The people of this planet are strong.
They’re working as hard as they can to create a new place where they can live.
A new world where humans and Sharl can live together in peace…
I’m sure it’ll be a place where everyone can be happy.
The king of the Sharl, Cosal, has become the Will of this planet.
The Empress of humanity, Nay, and the Empress of the Sharl, Kanon, are bringing everyone’s thoughts together.
This song…
Is a song for all of us, from all of us.

And they dug something out for Ion to wear.

He he he. Don’t you think it’s a little weird?

I understand it was maybe a bit much. I don’t know, I’ve worn some pretty weird stuff and probably shouldn’t talk.

Thank you very much, Renall.
Oh wow… I can feel the strength of all the human and Sharl thoughts from all over the Orei.
Well yeah. What do you think we were out there talking to them about?
Thank you. I’m sure it wasn’t easy.
Don’t worry about that. All you need to do is sing with all your heart.
Yeah. If anything happens, we’ve got your back.
Right. Now give shape to those thoughts, Ion.
Let us handle the technical support. Together we can make this song work.
Whatever happens, Ion, you won’t be alone. We’re all here with you.
Thank you…
It’s time to begin.
Okay!
Earthes… Thanks for looking out for me.
I believe in you.
We’ve opened the final barrier walls around the Singing Hill. Shall we go?

They didn’t quite, though, there were a few other things to do. We’re going to take a break though, because now I need to go wait outside with a smug expression until she manages to stop being lost and finds her way here.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Iron Chef Felion

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

Feinne’s Notes:
So, if you choose to stay with Shurelia here it’s game over Bad End because Delta’s necessary for this to work. Little homewrecker.

Did we mention that Shurelia's single joke is variations on "remember Ar Tonelico 1"?
Although to be fair I actually laughed here at the sheer audacity.

Also what the hell? It actually leads into a bad ending? Cass doesn't immediatly dropkick Delta before realizing it's the player's fault, and then trying to punch you through the screen or something?

UncertainKitten
Oct 10, 2012

Omobono posted:

Did we mention that Shurelia's single joke is variations on "remember Ar Tonelico 1"?
Although to be fair I actually laughed here at the sheer audacity.

Also what the hell? It actually leads into a bad ending? Cass doesn't immediatly dropkick Delta before realizing it's the player's fault, and then trying to punch you through the screen or something?

I honestly got the impression that they reached the end of the writing for the game, were like "oh poo poo, it's phase 3 and we don't have a bad ending. QUICK, MAKE SOMETHING UP" and that's how we got the horrible, horrible Shurelia ending. (I regretted my completionism immensely. Immensely.)

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I mean I guess it's a joke on how rude the Shurelia endings in original AT kind of were given how that game's plot flows?

I don't know, the very structure of this game makes alternate paths like the previous ones pretty much impossible and I hope the series moves back towards the original trilogy in that regard.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Goddammit Shurelia, no! This was bad when you did it (will do it?) with Lyner and it is just as bad here! Stop going after men that already have girlfirends!

Also for god's sake Ion you'll take someone's eye's out with that. Who decided those wings were a good idea, they even LOOK sharp!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

By your powers combined, I am CAPTAIN PLANET!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also for god's sake Ion you'll take someone's eye's out with that. Who decided those wings were a good idea, they even LOOK sharp!
Someone from Tenmon apparently, as it's the same outfit she wore when she blew up the last Ra Ciela. I was going to put a link to the video of that here, but it seems to have been removed from youtube :sigh:

I'll get a bunch of new outfit descriptions up tomorrow sometime.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
At least Telefunken had a long lasting positive impact on the plot. Hell, if you look, every single dive shop operator has those horns and tails. :shh:
Ra Cielans, however, continue to be the worse, having hosed up their ancestral backstory planet, Ra Ciela and soon will gently caress up Ar Ciel.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I thought deciding that Shurelia Bad end triggering is ultimately the player choice, since there are dialogue prompts and all that, but then Cass does not blame anyone but Delta and you don't get any prompts in the actual ending and I don't know anymore. It seems more like even more fanservice for old times' sake.

Also I decided not to read the LP until I'd finished the game and I think it was a good choice - I'm still a bit disappointed by the limitation of Interdimend prompts, but experiencing it personally made it have more impact. Also - although it might not be anything special for the series - finishing the game gives you a gallery with bonuses, amongst others all of the music you've heard during the playthrough, which is great and makes buying an OST somewhat redundant, but I won't complain, since I'd only bought the game :v:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Lunar Suite posted:

At least Telefunken had a long lasting positive impact on the plot. Hell, if you look, every single dive shop operator has those horns and tails. :shh:
Ra Cielans, however, continue to be the worse, having hosed up their ancestral backstory planet, Ra Ciela and soon will gently caress up Ar Ciel.

We even got to have one in the party in AT2!

To be fair though Ar Cielans were plenty able to gently caress up their own planet even without help from the Teru.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well unless you guys really want me to go into the Plus version's extra outfits, looks like this is gonna be the last Ra Cielan Fashion Corner!

Ion's Second Outfit: "Ra-Ciel Queen"

quote:

Clothes worn for singing the song to create a planet. The Empress of Ra Ciela, the only true emperor in this world, would traditionally wear this garment when singing an especially important song. Ion may not be Empress at this time, but due to her singing a song with the fate of all life in the balance, the current Empress Nay offered it to Her. The design really does seem like that of a space queen.

I probably should have done these ones ages ago, but you can't use them without beating a certain boss:
Cass' Bonus Outfit: "Sharly Fake"

quote:

Cass' appearance after drinking the medicine "Sharl Transform." Technically, it's not a costume, but that's a minor detail. Cass didn't like the high level of exposure, but perhaps due to being called cute by Delta, she didn't try too hard to change back. While this may be created as a result of transformation, the materials are all organic, and very comfortable.

Ion's Bonus Outfit: "Plum Peach Cherry"

quote:

A lovely outfit comprised of plum, peach and cherry blossom colors. It may appear to be fairly common clothes in our world, but this design is not well known in the other world. Ion really liked these clothes back when she was on Earth, so she tried making them out of nostalgia. Perhaps due to realizing their abnormality, she doesn't wear it in front of others, but she did wear it once when helping at Nay's shop.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Feinne posted:

To be fair though Ar Cielans were plenty able to gently caress up their own planet even without help from the Teru.

Yeah. If only they had equipped their giant amplification tower with some sort of mechanism to interrupt the flow of power should an unexpectedly large amount of energy pass through the system. This would prevent damage to the planet by the catastrophic discharge of symphonic power.
If only we had an Ar no Surge protector.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
There's something about this fusion of seven SOULs that makes me think Prim's player is about to bust out their ultimate trump card: an endless series of quickloads.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Lunar Suite posted:

Yeah. If only they had equipped their giant amplification tower with some sort of mechanism to interrupt the flow of power should an unexpectedly large amount of energy pass through the system. This would prevent damage to the planet by the catastrophic discharge of symphonic power.
If only we had an Ar no Surge protector.

I knew it was coming and I still physically reacted. :golfclap: but also :frogout:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I'm back traveling again this week, and will have the first of our final series of synthesis stuff. Upshot is I've got three weeks at home after this to go back on a better update schedule. I'm really hoping to finish before December, and definitely should by the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I'm hoping to try and get this update done tonight after we get back from dinner, or at least get it started to finish tomorrow. Been very busy and a bit under the weather.

• Locked thread