Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't get any pm about what i did last night from jedit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Jedit got my actions reversed :argh: so I investigated meinberg as not evil instead of killing him

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I investigated Meinburg and got scum. Now I know who is mafia in my idyllic timeline. GG everybody. :toot:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rather Watch Them posted:

I investigated Meinburg and got scum. Now I know who is mafia in my idyllic timeline. GG everybody. :toot:

This is good for me.
##vote Meinburg

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Would also vote Cat for not being seer.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I got scum on cat

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jedit please pm me results from last night

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This is a bit weird. If you both say Jedit reversed your actions and the result of your investigation, you tell everyone who you... or your scum quantum doppelganger (SQD) tried to kill. Which is more information than you'd give normally.

Another thing I realized just now - the universe in which you are the cop and the universe in which you are scum are by definition not the same. That means that your own investigation results are by definition useless for deciding who you want to target for your night kill (assuming your SQD tries to win as scum, instead of having its universes deleted to help out townie you). If anything, SQD has the best chance of winning by targeting people that are scum according to cop you. And cop you ALSO wants to kill scum in their universes.

So the best general strategy would be to convince people that your investigation turned up the True Scum. If they kill that person, you increase both the chances of ending up in an universe where you're good and scum is dead, and of ending up in an universe where you're scum and you helped kill off a good guy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sharing all this because one personal goal of playing this game is to understand if there's any kind of strategy possible in quantum mafia at all. Seems there might be, but it takes some mind-bending thinking.

Anyway, investigation told me that Kashuno's a good guy.

----
Disclaimer: This quantum version of CO2 does not necessarily condone the actions of his quantum doppelgangers.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

... Does the above also mean that for people who got only not evil investigation results so far, the best strategy is to vote for people who are *not* scum according to others either? That would make this game a lot more interesting. I have to think about this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Why do you guys keep revealing all your results it's weird

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will say I don't like my position on that chart and you guys are assholes

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Kashuno posted:

Why do you guys keep revealing all your results it's weird

ill keep doing it though you cant rule my life

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
How are we supposed to figure anything out if we don't reveal any results? Mafia isn't an individual game. It's town vs scum. So even though we don't know what team we're on, we're still on a team and should work together.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ok.

Who shot kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll tell who I shot if people tell me who they shot. No lying

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I didn't nightkill anyone because I'm not scum. :smug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cathulhu posted:

I didn't nightkill anyone because I'm not scum. :smug:

You targeted someone and the fact you're not willing to come forward but instead make this silly joke is bad ##vote cathulu

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
If you're gonna vote for me at least have the decency to spell my username right.

My target last night was Pittsburgh Lambic.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:( I'm phone posting sorry.

##unvote

PL came up as not scum last night

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
So who did you murder?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Forums user imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kash I thought we had something here, and you murdered me in coldblood =(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry imgay I just had to know who I am

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Who'd you shoot?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You because I knew you'd shoot me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Fair choice

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Truce?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

This is a bit weird. If you both say Jedit reversed your actions and the result of your investigation, you tell everyone who you... or your scum quantum doppelganger (SQD) tried to kill. Which is more information than you'd give normally.

Another thing I realized just now - the universe in which you are the cop and the universe in which you are scum are by definition not the same. That means that your own investigation results are by definition useless for deciding who you want to target for your night kill (assuming your SQD tries to win as scum, instead of having its universes deleted to help out townie you). If anything, SQD has the best chance of winning by targeting people that are scum according to cop you. And cop you ALSO wants to kill scum in their universes.

So the best general strategy would be to convince people that your investigation turned up the True Scum. If they kill that person, you increase both the chances of ending up in an universe where you're good and scum is dead, and of ending up in an universe where you're scum and you helped kill off a good guy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sharing all this because one personal goal of playing this game is to understand if there's any kind of strategy possible in quantum mafia at all. Seems there might be, but it takes some mind-bending thinking.

Anyway, investigation told me that Kashuno's a good guy.

----
Disclaimer: This quantum version of CO2 does not necessarily condone the actions of his quantum doppelgangers.

I'm not sure your cop results have any effect positive or negative on your SQD. At least, I don't see your reasoning for killing your scum results.

Please keep posting thoughts like this, because I also would like to see if their is any real strategy to Quantum Mafia.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There is a really good strat.

Garth who did you shoot

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Kashuno posted:

There is a really good strat.

Garth who did you shoot

You. Sorry.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

In general I shoot and cop the same person so I have less to remember.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else shoot me last night

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Me, but I'm a cop so I'm allowed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jfc why did everyone shoot me you jerks

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

You're acting really weird and scummy, and logically the more people who shoot you (as mafia) the more likely it is that you're not actually scum, whereas investigation is a mixed bag. We're collectively making sure you'll flip town when you die. It's a gesture of goodwill for your bad decisions. :buddy:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I did too. There's now a very high probability that:

• You're player 4
  • You're town
  • You'll be dead after somebody flips alpha scum.

If you flip cop when you die, all the investigation results you've been withholding are going to be true, but we're not going to get to ever see them. Unless you're planning to wait until more non-cops have died and then reveal your results after they've become more certain, I'm not certain I support your strategy.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Scratch one bit of that, just saw that you disclosed your night1 result. Thanks for that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yep I am p4 which means the likelihood that somebody who shot me is scum is high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Kashuno posted:

Yep I am p4 which means the likelihood that somebody who shot me is scum is high

Well awesome. I didn't shoot you, which means I'm pretty likely to be town.

• Locked thread