Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Demostrs posted:

just play a bunch of aim_training and recoil_master, do non-valve dm (fragshack or netcodeguides recommended), hell even play a goonman or two (i'll bite but most other people won't) and there's no reason to be bottom fragging even at mge. if you don't care to do that, you shouldn't care about being on the bottom of the scoreboard or toxic teammates

I don't care about bottom fragging, I care about retards screaming at me because I'm bottom fragging and I don't want to dump tons of time into a game where I *have* to listen to abuse because voicecom is kind of essential. If it's not common and I just got unlucky drawing the prick on my team, that's fine, I was just asking how common that poo poo is. If it's really common, I will probably stick to muted casual, but competitive is a lot more fun so I'd like to play that if I can.

Thanks for the map recommendations, though. I'll give them a spin while I wait for Cluj to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Remora posted:

3 words: I'm loving trying.

I was duo queueing, which is why he never succeeded in kicking me.

some advice (cont.)

1. get an esea acc (costs rl $)
2. get a cevo acc (free)
3. play ppl who are better than you
4. learn the basics of crosshair placement
5. coordinate your buys with team
6. don't peek
7. don't peek
8. don't peek
9. play passively
10. don't push when you are ct
11. use your grenades
12. communicate with yr team
13. do not be combative with yr team even if they are jerks
14. use the mute option
15. if you are bottom frag you are most likely doing a lot of things wrong

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ 16. click heads

Demostrs posted:

have u considered the possibility that you are, in fact, a retard noob idiot?

Aren't we all Retarded Noob Idiots? :unsmith:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
If there is a man who has achieved such heights as to believe themselves forever free of the title of a Retarded Noob Idiot, soon they shall come upon a fall so shameful and inexplicable that they can only realize they always were and ever will be, a Retarded Noob Idiot.

e: hahahaha that awkward fnatic vs c9 tradeoff

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
To be honest, CS:GO isn't as toxic as it could be. If you really suck people will get on your case though, but ideally in MM you will settle at your own skill level-ish. Some people will still get mad but you can safely ignore them with mute. You may also want to go try out some community servers, which will be miles better than Casual, and less toxic than Competitive.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
yo who turned on the fake applause machine again for this tourny

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

RIP my small C9 bet, they got crapped on. I don't see overpass going any better, they just look lost today.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smithereens posted:

some advice (cont.)

1. get an esea acc (costs rl $)

counterpoint, don't pay for literal malware

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Skadoodle choking hard

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
C9 v Fanatic omfg omfg omfg

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Skadoodle choking hard

Shroud is pretty disappointing right now too. Seangares is really carrying here, how is this happening

szary
Mar 12, 2014
rip c9

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
land of the free

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:911:

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Remora posted:

3 words: I'm loving trying.

Biggest thing that has helped me out so far has been playing Aim Bots V5B and doing at least 100 if not 250 kills before I queue every single time. This rarely takes more than 15 minutes with 2-3 bots.

I used to wonder how people ever sprayed more than 2 people down with the M4-S, then I started playing little games with myself like "how many unarmored bot heads can I 1 tap before I have to reload" and suddenly I'm connecting on the occasional 3k or 4k and its just really nice to stop a push like that.

Another thing that helped me was watching all of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43J9nUmrbo4

It turns out I was baiting people all the time and I had no idea, and it can take a lot of pissing people off in goonmans before someone actually gives you constructive criticism to stop loving doing this poorly. S/o mushu and spiros for eventually yelling at me for this :downs:

YMMV, but I also found that turning off ALL game music allowed me to hear some single footsteps or jumps I might have missed otherwise.

I also added this to my binds, sometimes you just need everyone to shut the gently caress up and listen.
code:
bind "CapsLock" "toggle voice_enable"
Maybe change up your crosshair too? I noticed sometimes I'd lose my old crosshair, so I switched to this light blue one I found that some pro uses
cl_crosshairalpha "255";cl_crosshaircolor "4";cl_crosshaircolor_b "250";cl_crosshaircolor_r "50";cl_crosshaircolor_g "250";cl_crosshairdot "0";cl_crosshairgap "0";cl_crosshairsize "3";cl_crosshairstyle "4";cl_crosshairusealpha "1";cl_crosshairthickness "0.5";cl_fixedcrosshairgap "0";cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "0";cl_crosshair_drawoutline "0";

Dont forget to have fun

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

People were right that fnatic doesn't look in top form, but C9 has looked in ever worse form so it was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Some nice rounds from Seangares I guess. If anything that just rams home how badly they were doing though if they rely on him to be pulling down the frags.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Shroud has been hugely disappointing and for someone who is supposed to be a heavy hitter with ~Sick Aim~ he can't have like 0.5 k/d at the end of the day in these vital matches

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Meant to post this last night, but these are todays picks for me

I slept through most of fnatic, but it seems like they did well enough :c00lbert:

Yesterday I didn't do so well, only got 134 points or so. Neo only netted me 10 points total in entry fragger. Allu 17 in sniper. That said, Flusha got 32 in commando and NBK came up big with 47 in 'cluj' king. Device a mediocre 26 in eco king.

edit: MASSIVE VAC ban wave in progress, only getting bigger. Nearly 500 bans so far http://www.vac-ban.com/ (note they can't track all the bans and this is a small sample, the real number could be anywhere between 6-100x larger)

conversation piece fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 30, 2015

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

conversation piece posted:

Meant to post this last night, but these are todays picks for me

I slept through most of fnatic, but it seems like they did well enough :c00lbert:

Yesterday I didn't do so well, only got 134 points or so. Neo only netted me 10 points total in entry fragger. Allu 17 in sniper. That said, Flusha got 32 in commando and NBK came up big with 47 in 'cluj' king. Device a mediocre 26 in eco king.

edit: MASSIVE VAC ban wave in progress, only getting bigger. Nearly 500 bans so far http://www.vac-ban.com/

I had olof as pistol yesterday and he netted a monster 52 points. NBK and kennyS were raking in the points too.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

By the way vac-ban.com is kind of dumb, just use steamdb to check on recent VAC waves. https://steamdb.info/stats/bans/

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Oh boy, time to look through recently played

e: Just one brit VAC'd, but I'll take it

ee: taz owns a lot

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 30, 2015

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Every time Skadoodle missed an awp shot I wanted to Scream. The guy couldn't hit a tree in a f0rest, the frag is right there to be Seized but he didn't Steel his nerves and couldn't use a Snyper rifle anymore. Call me a Maniac but just Emagine that kind of Havoc at the Apex of the tournament, it'd be the most Fugly comp game you've ever seen. In the end such poor play surely davCost them the tournament. They'll all have to Shroud their faces as they head Fer home with n0thing to show for it, another re-Peet of a choke performance.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

conversation piece posted:

edit: MASSIVE VAC ban wave in progress, only getting bigger. Nearly 500 bans so far http://www.vac-ban.com/ (note they can't track all the bans and this is a small sample, the real number could be anywhere between 6-100x larger)
I guess the sale is about to start

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Stumbletron posted:

I guess the sale is about to start

:v:

It seems a little bit too late though, unless it's going to be some kinda weekend only sale instead of jumping on the weeklong specials or the halloween sale

e: PRO 90

nftyw fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 30, 2015

szary
Mar 12, 2014
p90 spray best spray

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

szary posted:

p90 spray best spray

I wish they'd make a "aim for the left foot" spray stickero

:getin: <the frog, click on it.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Man, that denis-dennis thing confused me there for a moment

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Playoff bracket is up:

TSM with the easy path to grand finals

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Not really? Titan/NiP will be easy, but they'll have to take on Luminosity or NaVi, no cakewalk.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

I don't think any of those teams pose a threat in a BO3. The other side of the bracket has the other 3 of the best 4 teams in the world, which is my logic behind the comment.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Spiros won't you join us

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

nV vs fnatic should be a blockbuster, although that match up is gonna ruin my little fantasy squad cos I have 2 from each.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Nice, the brs could conceivably make a semifinal. That would be awesome. You've got to love an underdog.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Is makeleielie drinking a beer

szary
Mar 12, 2014
yeeees zoom in on dose armpits

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

exethan posted:

Is makeleielie drinking a beer

Let the man drink. He's crushing it.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Not really? Titan/NiP will be easy, but they'll have to take on Luminosity or NaVi, no cakewalk.

Dumb question from an occasional viewer, in my mind NiP and maybe Titan were pretty good and definitely matches for TSM. Have they gotten worse/TSM gotten better, or am I just horribly wrong about the state of esports when i last really paid attention a couple of months ago?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

NiP got bad for some reason. Its like they get a maximum of like 2 of 5 people giving a poo poo. Titan are like the french b team. Pretty good but the b team.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

Dumb question from an occasional viewer, in my mind NiP and maybe Titan were pretty good and definitely matches for TSM. Have they gotten worse/TSM gotten better, or am I just horribly wrong about the state of esports when i last really paid attention a couple of months ago?

Even two months ago, TSM would be heavy favourites against both of them. Hell, probably from start of 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

MooCowlian posted:

Come hang out in our steam chat :getin:

• Locked thread