Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

https://storify.com/yomike/a-wild-w...utm_source=t.co

This popped up on Facebook today. The only thing that appears to be real is that the writer works at Hooters. She's hot af though.

Why did I even start to read this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I wondered the same after getting through that story. Jesus that was aggravating to read.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Fathis Munk posted:

I wondered the same after getting through that story. Jesus that was aggravating to read.

You tried to read a story in Twitter format. What did you expect?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Doubtful Guest posted:

Another tale of badass revenge, which if were true would still paint the writer in a horrible light. Or it's the rejected plot outline for The Craft 2.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have elaborate revenge fantasies but acting on them would instantly make you look psychotic regardless of what the reason was, someone bumped into me at the library? well I am going to devote an entire year to ruining their life and not forgetting about it instantly, because I am a well adjusted person!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Verisimilidude has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Oct 30, 2015

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

So I was just running with my head down in the library like I always do, and wouldn't you know, I hit a wall! Clumsy me!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

canyoneer posted:

So I was just running with my head down in the library like I always do, and wouldn't you know, I hit a wall! Clumsy me!

And, with all the redaction, we can't even tell if she is hot to make up for the retardedness.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I don't get why this is here. It's really believable.

:tinfoil:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thump! posted:

I don't get why this is here. It's really believable.

:tinfoil:

If this was anywhere but Whole Foods I wouldn't believe it.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Doubtful Guest posted:

We had this friend who literally could not keep a secret if you paid him to and he didn't care about that at all. It was a point of personal pride almost. I didn't tell him directly because that would be really low, but at the time I convinced myself that this was better. I told him that if he wanted to see something funny that he should tell Kate that he knew what happened at that one summer grad party. I didn't give him any details, didn't say anything at all, and didn't tell him that it had anything to do with us not talking.

The next week Kate went around asking people if they had heard the awful rumor I was spreading about her. I had multiple people come and ask me if it was true. I would only ever reply "Where did you hear it from?" Until they all realized that she had said it herself. I hadn't said a word but now everyone knew why she had suddenly fallen really hard out of love.

Does this part make sense to anyone else or is my brain broken after reading so much of this thread :downs:

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Author tricked the girl into talking to someone about their falling out, and supposedly outed herself as gay in the process. She then gets upset that the knowledge spreads and has somehow forgotten she is the one who revealed it to person-who-can't-keep-secrets.

It's dumb.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Super Troper!

quote:

This troper (the concurrer above) is a genuine genius child. IQ over 170, hit ceilings on tests ostensibly without ceilings, etc. However, [1], and she has some pretty extreme issues too. In addition to crazy emotional problems, skewed worldviews, skewed self-image, and suchforth, she has an utter inability to concentrate on anything, and is extraordinarily elitist when it comes to what's worth her time. Therefore, she does a lot of lazing around and a lot of writing. Also, she started taking algebra-based calculus at 12. And was teaching an algebra class. And had taught an (albeit short) class on Attic Greek. Et cetera, et cetera. She's just too lazy to do anything she's not forced to. (Yes, she has deep and burning passion buried somewhere within her. However, she represses absolutely everything she considers to be genuinely HER, so that's been locked away for a while.) Therefore, she's done next to nothing with all her talents. Too bad for future employers.

As if she'll ever be anything more than a barista.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Khazar-khum posted:

Super Troper!

As if she'll ever be anything more than a barista.

Algebra-based calculus? As opposed to arithmetic-based calculus?

Content:

quote:

This troper has two female classmates who are identical twins. They're also well-endowed. And anime and video game nerds. One of them has a nickname that's also the name of one of two big-breasted fictional twins from a certain anime.
Oh, gently caress off :rolleyes:

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 08:24 on Oct 30, 2015

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I know of tits, I must let the Internet also know of tits

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That troper left off the last "And I have absolutely no shot with either of them"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Why doesn't the other one have the other nickname?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
"A certain X" makes me want to punch myself in the face every time I see it. Nobody actually talks like that! It's a stupid, weird translation artifact.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Why doesn't the other one have the other nickname?

She's not mental enough to dye her hair green.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Oh, are we talking super geniuses now? Well, look no further that this guy here.

(This would also fit in the "PYF persons who clearly wrote their own Wikipedia entry" thread, I guess)

e: his twitter is pretty cool as well, with deep philosophical observations like these:

System Metternich has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Oct 30, 2015

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

MonoAus posted:

Does this part make sense to anyone else or is my brain broken after reading so much of this thread :downs:

So I guess the guy told Kate "I know about the grad party" and she flipped out and told him her every secret instead of just saying "ok." I get what she's trying to say but because she leaves out so much as written it says her friend said she was spreading a rumor and people asked her "are you spreading a rumor?" And so her devious plan came to fruition?

This lady's writing style is the opposite of stdh, she's not pushing anything over the top, she's not watching everyone burst into tears and run away and the end is "The girls who were friends in high school don't talk much anymore".

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

System Metternich posted:

(This would also fit in the "PYF persons who clearly wrote their own Wikipedia entry" thread, I guess)

Holy poo poo so many worthless references. Also he's a "PhD candidate"? So he actually did never finish it? But was still a practicing doctor?

quote:

A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject.(November 2013)

Haha thanks wiki.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Oct 30, 2015

J Miracle
Mar 25, 2010
It took 32 years, but I finally figured out push-ups!

jodai posted:

So I guess the guy told Kate "I know about the grad party" and she flipped out and told him her every secret instead of just saying "ok." I get what she's trying to say but because she leaves out so much as written it says her friend said she was spreading a rumor and people asked her "are you spreading a rumor?" And so her devious plan came to fruition?

This lady's writing style is the opposite of stdh, she's not pushing anything over the top, she's not watching everyone burst into tears and run away and the end is "The girls who were friends in high school don't talk much anymore".

Also am I wrong or did she "punish" one of the girls by connecting her with teachers that could help her do her college applications?

EDIT: Oh I get it, the teachers were supposed to help with scholarships to help her afford Oberlin but she didn't actually get in and jfc why have I spent this much time thinking about this

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Fathis Munk posted:

Holy poo poo so many worthless references. Also he's a "PhD candidate"? So he actually did never finish it? But was still a practicing doctor?
PhD candidate is a real thing that means you've passed your qualifying exams but haven't defended your dissertation yet (at which point you get the PhD if you pass). It's something that only applies if you are currently in a doctoral program.

He still sucks.

e: ^ also I like how if the story were true, the writer has the ability to rally teachers to get a scholarship together, but instead of doing that for someone who could actually benefit, she does it to humiliate someone who barely had anything to do with her. Reflects real well on her.

Stroop There It Is has a new favorite as of 15:27 on Oct 30, 2015

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

http://imgur.com/gallery/maI55Ez

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Im sure half of that macro is true.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Is there something above "maximum overdidn't?"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I wouldn't brag about that :v:

Also "railing out" ? Definitely sounds like STDH a teenage virgin would write.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Stroop There It Is posted:

PhD candidate is a real thing that means you've passed your qualifying exams but haven't defended your dissertation yet (at which point you get the PhD if you pass). It's something that only applies if you are currently in a doctoral program.

He still sucks.

Well yeah but doesn't taht still mean that at 39 he still doesn't have the actual PhD itself ?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I wouldn't brag about that :v:

Also "railing out" ? Definitely sounds like STDH a teenage virgin would write.

Maybe to you granddad but the rest of us all-pro sex havers and pussy magnets bang and rail 10/10 babes constantly. I myself have done coitus at a woman more than 10 times, often to completion.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'd say she had at least a hundred Orgasm over a 3 hour period.

(I am re-listening to the whole fplus podcasts. That's an actual quote.)

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Fathis Munk posted:

I'd say she had at least a hundred Orgasm over a 3 hour period.

(I am re-listening to the whole fplus podcasts. That's an actual quote.)

Which episode? I've been doing a podcast pass and the classics are worth a listen at least three times a year.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
http://thefpl.us/episode/144

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Doubtful Guest posted:

Another tale of badass revenge, which if were true would still paint the writer in a horrible light. Or it's the rejected plot outline for The Craft 2.

You know that episode of 30 Rock where Liz Lemon goes back to her high school reunion and it becomes clear that she was mean girl in high school?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Q: What's a sign of good sex?
A: When the both of you start having inane conversations mid-coitus.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

PYF STDH: I just looked down at his penis literally inside my vagina and was like

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

"I gotta stop loving my twin brother."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Eponine posted:

"I gotta stop loving my twin brother."

i was expecting it to take that turn and was suprrised at how jolly the tone had been up until that point

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

System Metternich posted:

Q: What's a sign of good sex?
A: When the both of you start having inane conversations mid-coitus.

Some weather we're having, huh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

Some weather we're having, huh!

Oh baby oh baby oh God oh God How about $SPORTS TEAM? So good so good.

• Locked thread