Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Faker's said a couple of times that literally every champion can be played in the mid lane and I'm inclined to agree with him, even if I don't have the personal skill to pull it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Seeing faker dive three towers deep to kill a Veigar and then getting away is magic. He's so many leagues above every other mid lane player in the world, maybe not just in skill but adaptability.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Flameingblack posted:

Speaking of making it work, Faker's figured out the secret counter-pick to Veigar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB-eEzJU2Ng&feature=youtu.be

It's poppy

If Faker gets us a SKT Poppy skin, I swear to god

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The second Faker were to take Poppy into competitive play is exactly when she'll either be nerfed or immediately reworked. Riot's already said that if anyone figures out how to use her at a high level of play they'd have to hit her hard because of how her ult works/how much damage she does.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Her rework is mostly done IIRC, so at most she'd probably get some nerfs to take her out of competitive but not much more

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Speaking of Faker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a2J3Ye-icU

Faker Teaser: Faker vs Those other guys - The Finals

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Faker sucks and I'd kick his rear end if he tried any bull poo poo with me. That's a drat promise.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Faker sucks and I'd kick his rear end if he tried any bull poo poo with me. That's a drat promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9zDSJGwdd4

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flameingblack posted:

He's so many leagues above every other mid lane player in the world, maybe not just in skill but adaptability.

This is pretty much the most incredible aspect of Faker and what sets him apart, in my opinion. Lots of people like to point out the occasional flaw in his mechanic or how some players are better than him in some aspects while inside the match, but I think his general knowledge and adaptability compared to the other LoL players is crazy.

What I find interesting is that when people started switching their strategies to deal with Faker as a hyper carry, instead of bashing his head against the wall he immediately recognized it and completely changed champions, builds and playstyle to take advantage of that, and he expands his champion pool super fast compared to the other pros. Even if it ends up being less flashy or visually impressive to watch, he'll still recognize and pick the move that guarantees his team a higher chance of victory.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

To summarize: there's no doubt in my mind that Easyhoon is a better Azir player than Faker by far, but Easyhoon hasn't sat down and thought up a perfect counter, runes and masteries included, to loving mid Irelia. That's what sets the man apart from every other midlaner in the world, and why he's been so consistently dominant, even when SKT as a team has been in a bad run (re: S4).

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
people are saying sacramento kings bought out coast??? :I

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

people are saying sacramento kings bought out coast??? :I

Kings ownership is a bunch of dudes altho the primary owner is Vivek Ranadivé who has managed to piss off all the other minority owners. I assume Vivek is who bought the team if this is true.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
http://team-dignitas.net/articles/news/Team-Dignitas/8139/brokenshard-is-our-new-na-league-of-legends-coach-draft

Complexity players continue to take up coaching positions. At least none of them can be worse than when they were active players.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
HTC is doing an NA challenger league in November.

Notable teams include CLG's challenger team with HotshotGG at mid, Imagine (with Maplestreet instead of Steelback), Liquid Academy (w/Fabby), the return of NintendudeX on Top Dog, and Kaos Latin Gaming (who lost to Pain for the 2nd IWC spot)

It will be a best of 3 round robin and then a single elimination playoff bracket.

Casters are...nobody I've even heard of.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Would like to see xpecial and wildturtle and other guys tear it up since they arent good enough for their own teams anymore

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

exethan posted:

Would like to see xpecial and wildturtle and other guys tear it up since they arent good enough for their own teams anymore

so, right now

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I don't know if they'd want to go to a challenger team though.

Found a really good interview with DoA done by one of the Liquid writers!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I WANT SOME PREDICTIONS.

I'm going to stick with my "SK will not lose a game" prediction and say it will be a 3-0. KOO looks better than they have in awhile, though, so I think this is probably not very likely. Maybe like 30% SKT goes 3-0.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
SKT in two games

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SKT 3-0. KOO just looked too shaky against Fnatic for me to think they'll pull out a miracle.

(Also hoping it's that so that the one single guy can get his Championship Riven skin, since I'm sure he's guessing the same. You deserve it, dude.)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KOO in five. The legendary KOO Tigers choke is finally unleashed in the finals, and it's on Bengi! SKT has to jungle T0m, who sucks, and ultimately they fall.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm going to say KOO tigers 3-0

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
as much as i want the koo tigers to win or at least put up some good competition i am pretty sure skt are going to take this in either 3 or 4 games.

It's interesting how Koo managed to consistently lose or go even in the laning phase and win anyway against both KT Rolster and Fnatic (except in Fnatic game 3 because lol, Huni).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Koo is so hopelessly outmatched in mid and jungle I don't see this being a competitive series. Still, SKT did drop games to CJ so it's not impossible for Smeb to carry one.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Smeb manages to pull out one monster carry game but SKT takes it in 4 in the end. The games series is closer than the game score suggests.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Vermain posted:

SKT 3-0. KOO just looked too shaky against Fnatic for me to think they'll pull out a miracle.

(Also hoping it's that so that the one single guy can get his Championship Riven skin, since I'm sure he's guessing the same. You deserve it, dude.)

He doesn't have to predict the score of the match, just the winner.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

SKT in two games

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
In the grand tradition of Worlds finals it will be a boring 3-0 SKT stomp

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I predict the finals will be over before I even wake up

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Flameingblack posted:

That's kind of like calling SKT Tom a world champion this weekend.

he deserves it just for not going somewhere else, being willing to stay on the bench.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He's willing to stay on the bench because he's a solo queue one trick pony who no other org has any reason to try to sign away

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
so he coul dmake 5 million dollars in NA

stump collector
May 28, 2007
He should consider throwing his name in the storied history of overhyped imports who can't even win an NALCS split and can't make it to worlds

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

rabidsquid posted:

KOO in five. The legendary KOO Tigers choke is finally unleashed in the finals, and it's on Bengi! SKT has to jungle T0m, who sucks, and ultimately they fall.

SKT gets too full of itself in game 3 and does a poo poo draft and loses, a lot of which gets blamed on Bengi so they sub him out forgetting they only have one sub. Easyhoon plays Azir jungle and murders people to close out game 4.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

exethan posted:

He should consider throwing his name in the storied history of overhyped imports who can't even win an NALCS split and can't make it to worlds
I wouldn't blame Rush/Impact for the Impulse's losses at all.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Jerkface posted:

Ahhhh that name is terrible

"Follow Esports!"
"Ok I do, I usually check reddit, got some twitter ppl followed, esportheaven, whats nexT?'
"No,...follow esports!!!"
"Geez r u listening"

There's a loving pro (for that game) Age2 player named "FEage". Their drat logo is the loving elemental table symbol and they couldn't figure out how to make a good brand around it. Put that team in the extra dumpster, forfeit their entry fee, replace them with the literal Muppets from the Muppet show

Sexpansion posted:

It's Riv, Jatt, and Deficio.

Could be a lot worse.

How? Like Jatt's alright but you need to balance him against someone. Deficio is basically Jatt but with an obnoxious accent. Riv is going to alternate between prepared redditbait word salad and off the cuff word salad in a vain effort to try to make the casting a more horrific crime than what's about to unfold on the rift

Flameingblack posted:

The second Faker were to take Poppy into competitive play is exactly when she'll either be nerfed or immediately reworked. Riot's already said that if anyone figures out how to use her at a high level of play they'd have to hit her hard because of how her ult works/how much damage she does.

UOL used her in qualifiers after they said that and she turned out to be an effective counterpick to Mundo and they didn't do anything about it

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Oct 31, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

A Stupid Baby posted:

How? Like Jatt's alright but you need to balance him against someone. Deficio is basically Jatt but with an obnoxious accent. Riv is going to alternate between prepared redditbait word salad and off the cuff word salad in a vain effort to try to make the casting a more horrific crime than what's about to unfold on the rift

Could be Riv, Quickshot, and Phreak.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Every time I see those avatars I hear Quickshot's voice say DELETED or SHREDDED the way he does. I never even noticed how often he says those but I guess he must do it all the time for them to be stuck in my head.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
:siren: Stream is live :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I am disappointed that the NA goons didn't set their alarm clock for this glorious pre-show banter.

• Locked thread