Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Oh cool, loser poo poo. Got it.

are you telling me you've been on the internet, on something awful no less, since 2011 and have never once heard the terms MRA or SJW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alaois posted:

are you telling me you've been on the internet, on something awful no less, since 2011 and have never once heard the terms MRA or SJW

I think he's as baffled as I am that anyone would use that horseshit seriously in a sentance.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Norns posted:

I think he's as baffled as I am that anyone would use that horseshit seriously in a sentance.

I wasn't using it seriously.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

A BORN HERO.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Couldn't just rent a chainsaw and go at the legs?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Say...If it isn't my old nemesis, A SIGN!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Google 'Hal Jordan being hit on the head'.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That would take time away from me Googling 'Hal Jordan butt'

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Search delivers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh I do intend to get off.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://green-lantern-butts-forever.blogspot.co.nz/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why the hell are Hal and Kyle still allowed to be Green Lanterns? You'd think by now they'd have been ordered to just hand their rings over to Jon, the actually competent one. Hell, give Jon ten rings and let him go full Green Mandarin and there'd be no stopping him.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Who What Now posted:

Why the hell are Hal and Kyle still allowed to be Green Lanterns? You'd think by now they'd have been ordered to just hand their rings over to Jon, the actually competent one. Hell, give Jon ten rings and let him go full Green Mandarin and there'd be no stopping him.

Didn't Kyle save the whole Green Lantern Corps? Like, the concept of it, not just the actual people? If that hasn't been retconned away, he's probably going to get a lifetime pass.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Who What Now posted:

John Stewart and Jon Stewart are two totally different people.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Die Laughing posted:

I stand by my statements. :colbert:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Die Laughing posted:

Has there ever been a Jewish Green Lantern?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Who What Now posted:

John only helped cause an entire planet blowing up and killing everyone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The terrifying truth of Green Lanterns is that John Stewart is the most competent and Guy loving Gardner is the second most competent.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ImpAtom posted:

The terrifying truth of Green Lanterns is that John Stewart is the most competent and Guy loving Gardner is the second most competent.

Are you sure you have those two in the right order?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ImpAtom posted:

Well, Earth Oa Green Lanterns anyway. Alan is the most competent human with the name, and some of the space Green Lanterns seem like up to snuff.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

prefect posted:

Are you sure you have those two in the right order?

John Stewart did not accidentally concuss himself trying to retrieve a ring from under a computer nor did he once get trapped in a giant yellow banana billboard by the Royal Flush Gang.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

ImpAtom posted:

John Stewart did not accidentally concuss himself trying to retrieve a ring from under a computer nor did he once get trapped in a giant yellow banana billboard by the Royal Flush Gang.

When a world was under threat from a bomb that was going to blow it up, John Stewart was super cocky and told the Martian Manhunter to gently caress off because obviously his omnipotent ring could handle the bomb; trapping MM in a force bubble and sending him away.

The bomb was yellow so John couldn't do anything to it and the world got blown up.

Edit: While looking for that I realised I liked the faces in this panel:

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 30, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

team overhead smash posted:

When a world was under threat from a bomb that was going to blow it up, John Stewart was super cocky and told the Martian Manhunter to gently caress off because obviously his omnipotent ring could handle the bomb; trapping MM in a force bubble and sending him away.

The bomb was yellow so John couldn't do anything to it and the world got blown up.

Mike Mignola ?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

team overhead smash posted:

I don't know what's going on in that page, but Batman isn't having any of it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Mike Mignola ?
Yup--from the Cosmic Odyssey miniseries (which is really good).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

John only helped cause an entire planet blowing up and killing everyone.

Hal and Kyle both nearly destroyed the entire universe, so....

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Hal and Kyle both nearly destroyed the entire universe, so....

Yet they were not destroyed. The planet was.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Still my favorite John Stewart panels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

The universe was destroyed by Hal actually it just got remade.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

bobkatt013 posted:

See, John can actually get things done.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I don't know what's going on in that page, but Batman isn't having any of it.

Martian Manhunter, on the other hand, really has to go poop.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Selachian posted:

Still my favorite John Stewart panels.

Only if said in Phil LaMarr's "angry" voice.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ImpAtom posted:

G'nort probably trumps them both.

Was Hal the first choice, or was Guy? Maybe the ring picks an incompetent backup lantern so that villains will be less likely to kill the primary lantern for fear that the backup will take over. You know, like how Nixon had Ford for a VP and Megatron has Starscream.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't it something weird like Hal and Guy were exactly the same distance from the ring and both qualified so it just picked one at random?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So that's how he learned about the yellow weakness, right?

In other words, he saw the sign and it opened up his eyes.

Sizone posted:

Was Hal the first choice, or was Guy?

They were considered equally top choices by the ring, but Hal was closer so it sought him out instead.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sizone posted:

G'nort probably trumps them both.

Was Hal the first choice, or was Guy? Maybe the ring picks an incompetent backup lantern so that villains will be less likely to kill the primary lantern for fear that the backup will take over. You know, like how Nixon had Ford for a VP and Megatron has Starscream.
I think Guy and Hal were tied for potential but Hal was right there and Guy was over in Baltimore, so the ring went to Hal.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Nessus posted:

I think Guy and Hal were tied for potential but Hal was right there and Guy was over in Baltimore, so the ring went to Hal.

Wasn't Guy also a pretty normal upstanding person until life poo poo on him in several ways?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Bucnasti posted:

Wasn't Guy also a pretty normal upstanding person until life poo poo on him in several ways?

Yeah, and Rainer would probably have been less of a mess were it not for girlfriend fridging. Maybe the ring sneaks off at night while the current lantern is asleep and wrecks the lives of the runner ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

He was a social worker until Hal basically ruined his life.