Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just bought new dice and bag but I'm going to give them to my new player as a welcome gift.
But I'm jealous because they are green with gold lettering and the bag looks like it should be in Legend of Zelda.

I always feel weird about ordering only a few items from Amazon so I bought a comic book and some aftershave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Fixed the problem with the wireless, now it's insisting my install disk doesn't have any drivers on it :shepicide: I just want to use my new goddamn computer.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I contacted Microsoft support because of an issue I'm having with Windows Movie Maker. There wasn't a support option for that particular product so I went to the general Windows one and asked the representative if they could help me with my problem. A loving hour later, after an incredibly frustrating conversation in which they would not give a simple or direct answer to any question, I finally established that the answer was "No, I can't help you with that." :psyduck:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The nano receiver for my wireless mouse stopped working :(

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I have two pounds of chicken and two pounds of chuck in the fridge, they need to be used or frozen in the next couple days and I can't decide which I'd rather cook first.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
My wife's headphones broke, so now she has to unlock her phone to change what podcast she is listening to.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm all caught up on this thread so I no longer have a backlog for when people don't post in my bookmarked threads fast enough.

I bought a live wallpaper with survey reward bucks then found out it was abandoned and there's a free, better variant. If I didn't pay for that I could afford infinite turns in TripleTown, the less crashy of my two preferred options I have for entertainment without WiFi.

I found another cool free live wallpaper also, and one would go better on my lock screen, but you can only have a live lock screen if it's also your wallpaper.

There's a whole bunch of things that are FWPs in terms of the free game Warframe, so that's like FWP^2.

The soundtrack for Wicked is the Broadway cast and not my preferred one, a recording I found was from a dodgy cassette or something and has horribly inconsistent speed/pitch, like the crowd noises aren't bad enough (and finding them was going to be a friend's birthday present!), it really blows that for $100+ you can only see stage productions once when I'd kill to relive it, and the only place on the forums to discuss musicals was a short-lived PYF thread.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

AlphaKretin posted:

There's a whole bunch of things that are FWPs in terms of the free game Warframe, so that's like FWP^2.

Do tell! As someone who is dumb and put real dollars into a free game, I'd like to hear.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Do tell! As someone who is dumb and put real dollars into a free game, I'd like to hear.

I've mentioned them in the relevant Games thread and in the clan chat in-game but I mean stuff like one of my characters being so powerful I don't use the others and not getting quite as much of a rare-ish resource from a bountiful grind as I would have liked because I've been using them on rare poo poo I'm lucky to have. (Fusion cores from triton on rare mods if you play the game, I'm not sure from your post if you have or not)

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 08:21 on Oct 29, 2015

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

AlphaKretin posted:

I've mentioned them in the relevant Games thread and in the clan chat in-game but I mean stuff like one of my characters being so powerful I don't use the others and not getting quite as much of a rare-ish resource from a bountiful grind as I would have liked because I've been using them on rare poo poo I'm lucky to have. (Fusion cores from triton on rare mods if you play the game, I'm not sure from your post if you have or not)

Yes, I had meant that I had been dumb and put money into that game. I know exactly what you mean, I have nearly 600 hours in it, and probably half of it has been with the same equipment.

Current FWP: I've gotten used to going to bed early, that now my attempt to stay up late to play videogames has been going poorly.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I threw like 30 bucks or less at Warframe because I liked it so much and thought they deserved at least that much. I guess the FWP is I don't play it enough anymore so I have some amount of premium cash sitting on my account doing nothing. It might not be a lot, I think I spent most of it on warframe/weapon slots. I think the last time I played the dogs were the new thing or it was the event after that.

Although unlike you guys when I did play I delighted in getting new frames and building them up, think I was working on Nyx last time I played. Even then I probably used Loki and Rhino the most, but they were my first two after all.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Uber is at it again for national Cat Day But I don't know if it is available for my area and don't want to sign up for Uber to find out that it isn't.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's kind of hot in my office but I don't want to turn on my fan because I have really bad gas and don't want to knock out my co-workers :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My neck is super sore. The only direction in which I have normal range of motion is looking left; every other axis is super limited. And no position doesn't hurt.

It's like I'm cosplaying as Keaton-era Batman.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Oh boy, my custom keyboard keys are here I can't wait to install...them...

Dammit. Hopefully the eBay seller is as helpful as their 98.9% positive rating would imply :ohdear:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I forgot to bookmark some things before I turned off my computer and for some reason my Chrome history got deleted, so I can't find them, UGH.

My computer basically is good enough for most of the games I want to play, but it doesn't have enough room to install everything I want to have on it.

I was planning on having a party in 2 weeks but got invited to a friend's going away party on the same day so now I have to move mine. Life is so hard.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Brightman posted:

Oh boy, my custom keyboard keys are here I can't wait to install...them...

Dammit. Hopefully the eBay seller is as helpful as their 98.9% positive rating would imply :ohdear:

You look at your keyboard to type. How pedestrian.

My house boy, Clarence, is out with consumption... again!
The other members of my staff can cover his duties but I was hoping to show him off to the Pendleton's at the next garden party.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My friend lives on the other side of the world. 12 hour time difference. :negative:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Inzombiac posted:

You look at your keyboard to type. How pedestrian.

It's more for other people at work who might be using it, my keyboard at home is mostly blank. Also without legends they'd just be white and boring, gotta take style into account.

FWP: It's raining and I forgot my "beater shoes" in the car so I had to wear my new brown shoes that I didn't really want to get wet even though they're probably fine.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Brightman posted:

It's raining and I forgot my "beater shoes" in the car so I had to wear my new brown shoes that I didn't really want to get wet even though they're probably fine.

I face a similar problem every day!

I always want to wear my nicer shoes to work because they're clean, in good condition and I want to look like I give a poo poo about my appearance.

VERSUS:

I always want to wear my beater shoes to work so my nice ones don't get scuffed or dirty.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Mikl posted:

Excel (at least excel 2003, the one I use) only allows for a maximum of 256 columns. Rows can be any number, columns are limited to 256 :iiam:

There is a limit to the number of rows in Excel. In 2003 it's 65536 rows. And in 2007 it's 1048576 rows. I actually had to work with a file that exceeded 2007's limit... and then another half, which was fun.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm trying to grow my hair out a bit, and it's at a stage where it's looking kinda ratty. I want to just get a trim, tighten things up a little, but the salon I go to charges me extra for having thick, curly hair, and I don't want to pay fifty bucks+tip for a maintenance haircut.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I get irritated when people think my username is a reference to a smartphone.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Since my username is dumb and based off a name it should be pronounced like "suit" but it's dumb to expect people to pronounce it that way.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I've caught up on all the threads I like to read and I still have 3 hours left at work :sigh:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

nexus6 posted:

I get irritated when people think my username is a reference to a smartphone.

On the other hand you can :laugh: at Samsung for just going ahead and making a smartphone called that without considering what happened to what your name is a reference to. :)

For content, I found a worse game to have FWPs in-game and hence FWPs^2 than a f2p game: a f2p phone game, TripleTown. I actually get irritated when I get a bush or tree to place because I had something all planned out with just plain grass.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I invited a few friends over for Halloween just for movies and games. Now a bunch of other people I like have told me they have nothing to do.

So now I'm going to have a house full of cool people but I might not have enough ciiiiiider!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
So I went back to IKEA and saw a thing that I wanted because it could replace a thing of furniture I don't like, but I hadn't measured the space at home so I didn't get the thing. Now I got home and measured, and it would fit PERFECTLY. But now I have to go back to IKEA yet again.

Also I got a set of silverwear but then I went to my parents house and realized I already had a set in their basement, but I don't want to return the IKEA one, it's only $7 but now I have two sets of silverware and I feel like a hoarder.

OH and also they don't have a lamp I want (GRÖNÖ) and it'll be out of stock until mid-November so I'll have to go back to IKEA yet yet yet again to get it.

So overall I have at least 2 future ikea trips planned. On the plus side I'll be breaking out the hammer drill to install poo poo into solid concrete/brick walls :unsmigghh:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I wanted to party tonight but everyone went home and I'm boooored. Now everyone's asleep except my cats.3

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I invited a few friends over for Halloween just for movies and games. Now a bunch of other people I like have told me they have nothing to do.

So now I'm going to have a house full of cool people but I might not have enough ciiiiiider!

I'm going to a Halloween party tonight for movies and games and I certainly hope there's enough cider.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
I have an infected wisdom tooth and I'm having an allergic reaction to the (non-penicillin) antibiotics they gave me. So I'm nauseous and my head hurts and I have a horrible rash and have to go to hospital. But, I live in the UK so none of this is costing me a penny.

Also, I love Halloween but this has meant writing it off completely. Just wanna dress up and have fun, not sit in hospital feeling like poo.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

The lighting in my bathroom is too flattering, tricking me into thinking I look good until I look in another mirror later and find out I totally don't :saddowns:

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

HOLY gently caress posted:

The lighting in my bathroom is too flattering, tricking me into thinking I look good until I look in another mirror later and find out I totally don't :saddowns:

You should stop having shower beers.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
The water pressure in my new apartment is better than I'm used to, so every time I brush my teeth I knock the toothpaste off my toothbrush with the force of the water.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Creature posted:

The water pressure in my new apartment is better than I'm used to, so every time I brush my teeth I knock the toothpaste off my toothbrush with the force of the water.

What kind of monster puts the toothpaste on before wetting the brush?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Crow Jane posted:

What kind of monster puts the toothpaste on before wetting the brush?

The kind that also wipes standing up, puts beans in chili, and uses a garlic mincer.

Had extra Halloween candy this year because a "trunk or treat" thing got rained out and then only 3 kids showed up so now there's a gently caress ton of candy.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I can't go to IKEA till Wednesday but I wanna go now, yes in the middle of the night.

I need to actually make a budget because this is getting expensive. But... Shelves... Wïth wëïrd nämës ö

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Nov 1, 2015

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I get paranoid everytime an attractive woman views my online dating profile because I think it's obviously a scammer and not a real person.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Last night was really fun. Despite the drinking, I'm not hungover but my GF is.
Now we are spending the day laying on the couch eating junk food and watching TV.

I should be playing video games with her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
People keep coming into my work and saying "yeah I talked to the big guy about whatever" but there are 2 enormously fat guys at my work.