Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Reveilled posted:

KotFE changes your available companions, but you can't lose HK-51 or Treek because those are things you can pay actual real money for, and everyone gets their ship's droid back.

Since they fixed the terminal for finding lost companions, you can get ALL of them back as soon as the story is done, even more easily than the ship droids, and you won't need them during it. Getting their influence up isn't a bad thing in any case, but you don't really need to. If you want to see any of their original conversations / quests, you will want to do that before KOTFE, but those are no longer tied to affection/influence, just level. Those will net you a decent number of points, if they like what you say.

If you have a ton of companion gifts sitting around, it's really best to save them until later when you've got more options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Also there's no way that Valkorian wasn't modeled off of the Emperor of Mankind from Warhammer 40,000. His end game plan for ruling Zakuul even has force users taking up jobs in the same way that the Emperor expected the space marines would once they weren't needed to conquer the galaxy any more. Which is yet another reason why i'm going to side with him and introduce the galaxy to ten thousand years of darkness. :unsmigghh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Since they fixed the terminal for finding lost companions, you can get ALL of them back as soon as the story is done, even more easily than the ship droids, and you won't need them during it. Getting their influence up isn't a bad thing in any case, but you don't really need to. If you want to see any of their original conversations / quests, you will want to do that before KOTFE, but those are no longer tied to affection/influence, just level. Those will net you a decent number of points, if they like what you say.

If you have a ton of companion gifts sitting around, it's really best to save them until later when you've got more options.

Do we know conclusively yet whether or not we will miss out on recruitment missions later on if a companion is added? IE, if I get Ashara back on my Inquisitor, will I miss out on a romantic reunion later if they decide to add her back since I got her back early?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Since Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Edit - Actually since 1.2, April 2012. :D

Thanks for answering all my dumb questions. I'm sure most of them are documented somewhere, but there's so much I've been away for that it's overwhelming, and I miss a bunch of smallish (or not smallish) things. :tipshat:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

prefect posted:

Thanks for answering all my dumb questions. I'm sure most of them are documented somewhere, but there's so much I've been away for that it's overwhelming, and I miss a bunch of smallish (or not smallish) things. :tipshat:

There's actually a really good list on Reddit, I think I linked it on the second post, you can look at when you left and it will show you all of the changes since then.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Wait, mercs get an interrupt now???

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

legacy unlocks and poo poo you can pay for them are still tied directly to that legacy and server right? So if you transfer to a new server, your "new" legacy even though it'll still be the same level will lose anything you unlocked?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Nah, if you start on a server with a bunch of poo poo unlocked, then transfer over, you keep any of your current unlocks; that's how I got all my unlocks on my JC characters.

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015

phosdex posted:

legacy unlocks and poo poo you can pay for them are still tied directly to that legacy and server right? So if you transfer to a new server, your "new" legacy even though it'll still be the same level will lose anything you unlocked?

No, everything you've unlocked in your legacy comes with. Datacrons, everything.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Running KOTFE through on my DS Inquisitor is actually fun and it makes sense for a DS Sith to be all *grabby hands* GIMMIE POWER PLZ where as playing as a LS Warrior is basically gently caress YOU SPACE DAD so half of the interesting poo poo you can talk to Valkorian about never really comes up outside of him being like "listen you retard, I've got mad wizard powers".

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

Do we know conclusively yet whether or not we will miss out on recruitment missions later on if a companion is added? IE, if I get Ashara back on my Inquisitor, will I miss out on a romantic reunion later if they decide to add her back since I got her back early?

Hell if I know. Personally, I'm not in a huge hurry to re-recruit old followers since it's fun running around with the new ones, and I'm halfway holding out to see what the re-introduction in the story might be like. But if you had a certain companion you just couldn't stand to play without, whether from sentimentality or just because you put a lot of work into grinding influence, you're not actually locked out of that for long.

One of my personal favorites already showed up as part of the story, so that's cool. :unsmith:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

One thing that's annoying about the new companion (and maybe the old ones do it too?) is that they just won't shut up. Every heal, or attack, or seeing a bird, or whatever, they're all "Hey! Hey! I did a thing!"

Even the ship droid was never this vocal.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

wtftastic posted:

Running KOTFE through on my DS Inquisitor is actually fun and it makes sense for a DS Sith to be all *grabby hands* GIMMIE POWER PLZ where as playing as a LS Warrior is basically gently caress YOU SPACE DAD so half of the interesting poo poo you can talk to Valkorian about never really comes up outside of him being like "listen you retard, I've got mad wizard powers".

Yeah. Being pals with Valkorian adds a whole new twist on the story and unlocks a lot of dialogue you don't get otherwise. Everything we're told and shown shows that Valkorian is basically everything the Sith Emperor was supposed to be. He's a great post game evil mentor too and offers some hilariously disconcerting advice at times. Dude even tries to give you romantic advice and suggest you could find someone on Zakuul if you point out that you have no real attachments in that regard. Getting romance advice out of the blue from space Cthulhu was :stare:.

I'm not sure if he's supposed to be the light side of Valkorian like in Revan's arc or if eating Ziost actually did elevate him to some sort of higher consciousness like he implies at one point. If it's the latter the dude is basically a much more sociable Aboleth from the EU then. An Aboleth that apparently thinks you're really interesting and seems to be pushing you to end up like him/is wanting to use you as a sock puppet.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

SumTingWong posted:

No, everything you've unlocked in your legacy comes with. Datacrons, everything.

did that change recently then? Because I spent money unlocking extra tabs for my legacy cargo bay in Feb then did a transfer and those did not transfer back then. I recall having to rebuy other stuff too.

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015

phosdex posted:

did that change recently then? Because I spent money unlocking extra tabs for my legacy cargo bay in Feb then did a transfer and those did not transfer back then. I recall having to rebuy other stuff too.

I don't think your legacy storage is actually tied to your legacy... as least as a "legacy unlock"

Which now that I think about it, is kind of retarded.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Here's a post on the official forum about legacy transfer: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7661937

"Legacy Cargo bay items do not transfer if you unlocked bays for your legacy cargo they will not transfer either you will have to pay to unlock on the new server."

I think it's this way so that if you have legacy cargo on both servers there's no conflict to resolve with too few cargo slots.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Archonex posted:

Yeah. Being pals with Valkorian adds a whole new twist on the story and unlocks a lot of dialogue you don't get otherwise. Everything we're told and shown shows that Valkorian is basically everything the Sith Emperor was supposed to be. He's a great post game evil mentor too and offers some hilariously disconcerting advice at times. Dude even tries to give you romantic advice and suggest you could find someone on Zakuul if you point out that you have no real attachments in that regard. Getting romance advice out of the blue from space Cthulhu was :stare:.

I'm not sure if he's supposed to be the light side of Valkorian like in Revan's arc or if eating Ziost actually did elevate him to some sort of higher consciousness like he implies at one point. If it's the latter the dude is basically a much more sociable Aboleth from the EU then. An Aboleth that apparently thinks you're really interesting and seems to be pushing you to end up like him/is wanting to use you as a sock puppet.

Bioware's noted they didn't want to make Valkorion evil (or at least not completely evil) for story reasons. They said in an interview that in Star Wars, anyone labeled "Emperor" is automatically an evil monster and they wanted to play around with that idea some.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Cythereal posted:

Bioware's noted they didn't want to make Valkorion evil (or at least not completely evil) for story reasons. They said in an interview that in Star Wars, anyone labeled "Emperor" is automatically an evil monster and they wanted to play around with that idea some.

Kind of dropped the ball then with Ziost. At the same time I'm also okay with an entity like the Emperor being kind of inscrutable and contradictory in motives.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Archonex posted:

I'm pacing myself on replaying KotFE so I don't burn out on playing the same content back-to-back, but after my usual goody two-shoes Sith Warrior run I decided to use my free 60 to roll up a Republic Trooper for a playthrough with a simple guiding principle: agree with literally everything Valkorion says. And, weirdly, trooper seems like a good choice for that? Maybe it's because the trooper doesn't have the personal relationship with the emperor or knowledge of the Force other classes have.

I also like how so far the Dark Side choices aren't just being completely monstrous like they are in a lot of the class stories. Playing a Dark Side trooper in KotFE is just like being Renegade Shepard but also with an immortal emperor living in your brain.

On a completely unrelated note, there are a very few things I think were cool about the prequels and one of those cool things was Count Dooku's lightsaber with a curved hilt. Are there any like that in SWTOR I could get for my Sith Warrior? All my lightsabers are so boring looking. :smith:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Empress Theonora posted:

I'm pacing myself on replaying KotFE so I don't burn out on playing the same content back-to-back, but after my usual goody two-shoes Sith Warrior run I decided to use my free 60 to roll up a Republic Trooper for a playthrough with a simple guiding principle: agree with literally everything Valkorion says. And, weirdly, trooper seems like a good choice for that? Maybe it's because the trooper doesn't have the personal relationship with the emperor or knowledge of the Force other classes have.

I also like how so far the Dark Side choices aren't just being completely monstrous like they are in a lot of the class stories. Playing a Dark Side trooper in KotFE is just like being Renegade Shepard but also with an immortal emperor living in your brain.

On a completely unrelated note, there are a very few things I think were cool about the prequels and one of those cool things was Count Dooku's lightsaber with a curved hilt. Are there any like that in SWTOR I could get for my Sith Warrior? All my lightsabers are so boring looking. :smith:

Only curved hilt I know of is Lord Kallig's saber that you get from Chapter 1 of the Sith Inquisitor. However, I could have sworn that one of the old comm vendors used to have a model that looked like it...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How long does it take to get HK51?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Berke Negri posted:

Kind of dropped the ball then with Ziost. At the same time I'm also okay with an entity like the Emperor being kind of inscrutable and contradictory in motives.

They said this after Ziost, about making KotFE. This is apparently one of many storytelling restraints from Disney/LucasArts that Bioware had previously been under when making TOR but was greatly relaxed in the last year or so, permitting the KotFE that we got.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Zotix posted:

Entirely depends on your luck scanning parts. Goons have reported finding them all in as little as an hour, it probably took me 4-5 hours total.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Zotix posted:

YMMV but it took me 4hrs for one part.

Most of the parts took around an hour each.

It was all i did for one night and half a day, more or less.

The only actually fun part of that whole bullshit questline was on the ship but I have a feeling most will get frustrated quickly and read a guide instead of play it like intended but it was still fun.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

Only curved hilt I know of is Lord Kallig's saber that you get from Chapter 1 of the Sith Inquisitor. However, I could have sworn that one of the old comm vendors used to have a model that looked like it...

There is, I think. My Inquisitor has a second Kallig's lightsaber called the "High Dark Order Lightsaber", though I can't remember where I got it. Though now that I have them both wielded in the preview window I wish the SI could dual-wield.

Is there any way to get a sponge and remove excess LS/DS points? My normally DS Inquisitor, after SoR and KotFE, ate like 1000 LS points out of sheer spite and I'm thinking about having her switch to LS. It's currently at 1500/6100 LS/DS.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Airspace posted:

There is, I think. My Inquisitor has a second Kallig's lightsaber called the "High Dark Order Lightsaber", though I can't remember where I got it. Though now that I have them both wielded in the preview window I wish the SI could dual-wield.

Is there any way to get a sponge and remove excess LS/DS points? My normally DS Inquisitor, after SoR and KotFE, ate like 1000 LS points out of sheer spite and I'm thinking about having her switch to LS. It's currently at 1500/6100 LS/DS.

Start working on diplomacy? You get LS/DS points for those missions depending on type. However, unless you want to endlessly run flashpoints to get decision spots...

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just got to the part of chapter 9 where you use classic conversations, which are great. Any best way to get ally influence or whatever?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Mr E posted:

I just got to the part of chapter 9 where you use classic conversations, which are great. Any best way to get ally influence or whatever?

Run heroics and get the crates as rewards. Or buy some crates for green crystals at the new hub.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

Start working on diplomacy? You get LS/DS points for those missions depending on type. However, unless you want to endlessly run flashpoints to get decision spots...

:(

I guess that's my best option, yeah. The only question is what to get rid of on my Crew Skills. If I got rid of a crafting skill (say, Synthweaving) that learned a number of extra schematics, do I get those back if I get Synthweaving back later?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I wanted to get the human Legacy unlock so I had +100 presence, and I was thinking about using my 60 token for that. I created a 60 guy, but it doesn't seem to have unlocked it - should I level him beyond 60 or something?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

KoldPT posted:

I wanted to get the human Legacy unlock so I had +100 presence, and I was thinking about using my 60 token for that. I created a 60 guy, but it doesn't seem to have unlocked it - should I level him beyond 60 or something?

No. Using the token doesn't trigger race legacy unlocks. You have to manually level a character to 50 or pay the 1mil credits.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Airspace posted:

:(

I guess that's my best option, yeah. The only question is what to get rid of on my Crew Skills. If I got rid of a crafting skill (say, Synthweaving) that learned a number of extra schematics, do I get those back if I get Synthweaving back later?

Nope. You get to start over at 1. It sucks, yeah.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

KoldPT posted:

FYI if you delete that character before hitting 61, you should get the insta-60 token back.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Cythereal posted:

No. Using the token doesn't trigger race legacy unlocks. You have to manually level a character to 50 or pay the 1mil credits.

It does, however, unlock all achievements related to crafting/gathering. I managed to get the Synthweaving and Armormech achievements last night just by doing this :D

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Hulk Smash! posted:

FYI if you delete that character before hitting 61, you should get the insta-60 token back.

You can also use this to get the 60 cosmetic gear for outfits on other characters on more than one class.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Do you miss all that Valkorion banter if you resist at all, or is it possible to get those with attitude "plans and advice, no possession" I've fancied?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

Nope. You get to start over at 1. It sucks, yeah.

My tears are legendary. I need Synth to orange up some of my alts now that the equipment vendors are gone. Good thing I have Underworld Trading that I can get rid of.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Medullah posted:

When I used the thing to get Nico early I still got to do his recruitment mission. I would guess you aren't going to miss out on recruitment missions. A good test would be to do something like:

-Get a Sage, Inquisitor, Trooper or BH to chapter 9.
-Use the companion getter terminal
-See if you can still do the associated missions.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 30, 2015

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Easy TOR question: I don't want to modify the layout, or the information, but can I make the UI not that hideous shade of blue yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Cythereal posted:

:negative:

Thanks all.

• Locked thread