Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mauman posted:

Terry was indirectly mvp of that fight for me.

Charmy hit himself twice for 2k damage a pop. Practically won the battle for me.

In fact, for all the crap that he seems to be getting here, I can't help but feel Terry is a lot better than he's been given credit.

In this thread, Terry's the Pierce of this game, if you haven't caught on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

RareAcumen posted:

In this thread, Terry's the Pierce of this game, if you haven't caught on.

I'm afraid I don't get the reference.

Explain please?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pierce is the single worst character who everyone shits on for being a bad character, players and other characters included.

Also see: Jerry from Undertale, Jerry from Rick and Morty

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pierce is also a character in Saints Row. Should kinda probably link to something related to him.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFbgUhxCTg
Like this, nobody gives a poo poo about Pierce's plans.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Pierce is from Saint's Row, since nobody mentioned.

e: fffffffffffffuck

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Pierce is the worst simply because he was competing with Gat, Carlos, and Shaundi. Gat is Gat, Shaundi is Shaundi. Carlos can't be the worst because he was the best (RIP Carlos).

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
...I like Pierce.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I bet you saved Terry, too.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Camel Pimp posted:

...I like Pierce.

Given his loyalty mission in Saints Row IV, and ALL of Russian Boss's dialog in The Third, I'd say The Boss agrees with you.

We may give Pierce a lot of poo poo, but he's a great guy.

A great guy to give some poo poo to.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
If anyone wants to play along with their own Terry Pierce in tow, and are willing to part with 3 bux, eyyy
http://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_6
I guess it's part of the Halloween sale, which, let's be honest, is a really good place for it.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 29, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Oh, I get it now.

I like Pierce as well.

Guess I'm a fan of no-respect guys.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, maybe it's because I only played Saints Row: The Third onward but I never saw a mention of Pierce being that guy, other than the text crawl at the intro joking that nobody gives a gently caress about Pierce. I guess it helps that in one of the earliest missions of the game, he shows up with a massive fleet of attack helicopters and bombards a military base into oblivion.

Terry's an opposite case. He talks himself up constantly about how great he is, but it's his stats and combat moves that express just how much he sucks. His main attack is running at somebody and falling over for no/almost no damage, and I think his first combat skill too is him doing a dramatic pose and then tipping over and falling on his opponent, again for almost no damage.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Yeah, maybe it's because I only played Saints Row: The Third onward but I never saw a mention of Pierce being that guy, other than the text crawl at the intro joking that nobody gives a gently caress about Pierce. I guess it helps that in one of the earliest missions of the game, he shows up with a massive fleet of attack helicopters and bombards a military base into oblivion.

Yeah he basically loses that status in Saints Row Three... and then Saundi just loving changed completely out of nowhere.

Anyway Terry is a bad character I saved because I'm not a monster yet he is still a complete piece of poo poo for battle.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Terry forced me to kill a cute dog. He's no friend of mine.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah he basically loses that status in Saints Row Three... and then Saundi just loving changed completely out of nowhere.

There's a reason why SR4 has Shaundi and 'Fun Shaundi'.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
How the hell did this game just fall into my Steam account? And Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines?

I vaguely recall something about a Steam sale?

Better not question it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

There's a reason why SR4 has Shaundi and 'Fun Shaundi'.

Woulda been even funnier if SR4 Shaundi was yet again a totally different character just to gently caress with people's heads. Like, she's suddenly black and dresses in a karate gi or something.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Speedball posted:

Woulda been even funnier if SR4 Shaundi was yet again a totally different character just to gently caress with people's heads. Like, she's suddenly black and dresses in a karate gi or something.

"Wasn't she a hippie white girl last week?"
"Yeah, you get used to it after a while. She was Mean Gene Okerlund for three weeks last February. Said 'if it's good for the Boss, it's good enough for me."

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
in related news saints row is 70% off right now

edit:

Steak Eater posted:

If anyone wants to play along with their own Terry Pierce in tow, and are willing to part with 3 bux, eyyy
http://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_6
I guess it's part of the Halloween sale, which, let's be honest, is a really good place for it.

i definitely saw this post

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Having Shaundi be a character that changes as wildly from game to game as some people's Boss changes from game to game would actually be pretty awesome.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Welp, I was poking around through the game files for LISA and came across a music track called Horse poo poo.ogg. Gave it a listen out of curiosity.

I have to play this game through to the end now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
huh, i thought everyone was talking about Pearce from Community, who also fits the stereotype.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

huh, i thought everyone was talking about Pearce from Community, who also fits the stereotype.

I don't think Terry & SR Pierce are quite the same level of terrible person though.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Just repeating the fact that LISA is currently on steam sale for 70% off.

I just picked it up for 2 britbux.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

"Wasn't she a hippie white girl last week?"
"Yeah, you get used to it after a while. She was Mean Gene Okerlund for three weeks last February. Said 'if it's good for the Boss, it's good enough for me."

God dammit now I want Mean Gene in SR5.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Powerfrog posted:

Just repeating the fact that LISA is currently on steam sale for 70% off.

Woo! Caved and bought the bundle with the soundtrack and art, for as much as a fast food meal. A bargain for so much hilarious misery.

e. drat, these character bios show a surprising amount of depth. Probably spoilery, but highly recommended.

e.2: No, make that VERY spoilery. Still recommended.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 30, 2015

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well poo poo. Should have waited a few more days, and I could've bought the soundtrack too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mazed posted:

Woo! Caved and bought the bundle with the soundtrack and art, for as much as a fast food meal. A bargain for so much hilarious misery.

e. drat, these character bios show a surprising amount of depth. Probably spoilery, but highly recommended.

e.2: No, make that VERY spoilery. Still recommended.

As far as I can remember only one of them has a spoiler but its a huge one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Internet Kraken posted:

As far as I can remember only one of them has a spoiler but its a huge one.

I thought all the bios were just interesting fluff that had no bearing on the game?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Okay, so I've been playing LISA and it's not been since the release of The Dark Knight that something made me laugh so hard while simultaneously hating myself so much for laughing.

This game is beautiful.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Blind Sally posted:

I thought all the bios were just interesting fluff that had no bearing on the game?

there is exactly 1 bio that is spoilery

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

I am now the proud owner of the Lisa games and soundtrack. Soon to be the unclean and ashamed owner of those games.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I just finished the main game and the DLC.

Gotta say, I'm looking forward to how this LP pans out even more now.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Got the game because of the sale and this LP.

Good LORD this game has a huge and awesome soundtrack. Clearly that's where most of the budget for making this game went!

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Speedball posted:

Got the game because of the sale and this LP.

Good LORD this game has a huge and awesome soundtrack. Clearly that's where most of the budget for making this game went!

The budget for the soundtrack was 20 dollars

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Specifically it was the guy's first try on trial software.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ledgy posted:

The budget for the soundtrack was 20 dollars

He spent a bit more on the Joyful ost, iirc.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Considering what we got, imagine if he spent more

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Honestly the soundtrack is great but holy poo poo the levels are all over the place, you can tell dingaling worked on that for Joyful because it's way more balanced. So far the toughest thing in doing this LP has been balancing the audio for the battles since they're so drat loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I constantly had to fiddle with my headphone volumes too.
Also, a lot of the ingame music had modifiers on it, whether pitch or speed, so sometimes the OST tracks sound a teensy bit different from how you remember.

• Locked thread