Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i love when parents use the word devastated to describe their kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
as a kid i would actually have been devastated if some sententious bitch gave me carrots and raisins on halloween

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

thathonkey posted:

as a kid i would actually have been devastated if some sententious bitch gave me carrots and raisins on halloween

there will be eggs thrown

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

all this obnoxious conscientiousness is just a new way to feel superior to poor people and minorities now that it's not socially acceptable to be openly classist or racist

having time and money to worry about loving food dyes of all things

e: and not to say all people who care about health or natural stuff are douchebags, just the ones who are preachy and use it as a means to condescend to people who don't or can't live that way

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 30, 2015

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

They sell boxes of nut free candy so that solves that.
These kids are going to grow up to be complete shits about their allergies.
When I was in university I was making some peanut butter cookies in my kitchen and some girl from down the hall comes in and is like 'can you close your door please? I'm allergic to peanuts and I can't smell them'. Really? But you're in the kitchen complaining to me about smelling peanut butter cookies while breathing in the peanut butter cookie smells.

whatevz
Sep 22, 2013

I lack the most basic processes inherent in all living organisms: reproducing and dying.

etalian posted:

for the pillow talk you could just discuss the latest and greatest anime after a 8 second performance

I see that we have sexual relations before.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
my middleschool classmate and neighbor claimed he had an allergy to red food dye. his parents blamed his rampant mood swings on it.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Toadvine posted:

my middleschool classmate and neighbor claimed he had an allergy to red food dye. his parents blamed his rampant mood swings on it.

I wonder what they thought about green M&Ms

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
My child is allergic to carrots! CHECK YOUR NUT PRIVILEGE

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEb5a-I0kyg&t=38s

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

"please don't exclude my child from eating atrocious amounts of candy and becoming obese."

That's the kid who's mom makes him wear a helmet and goggles during a chess match... Also speed chess is too intense and thus banned from the house.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Trick or treat"

"Here you go kid"

"Oh hey recees, sorry I can't have that."

"Oh sorry, is M&Ms okay?"

"If they are the plain ones sure"

"Here you go kid have a good halloween"

But no, teaching your kid not to take stuff that will kill him is just too hard, better ban it from earth

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That mom triggers me, can we ban her from the world?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

MurderBot posted:

That mom triggers me, can we ban her from the world?

Might as well, she expects everyone else to raise her kid so taking her out of the picture wouldn't be big deal.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

if somebody gave me lifesavers for halloween i would take their life

lol they should've kept them how ironic

because now they have a use for them, you see

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 30, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mr. mephistopheles posted:

now that it's not socially acceptable to be openly classist

if you believe this you are p-b as gently caress

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

ethanol posted:

i love when parents use the word devastated to describe their kids

kids are the most melodramatic humans you will find, they are either devastated, gloriously happy, or kill me plz bored

also starving

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
As a millennial:

I was molested by my 4 uncles during Halloween.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

mr. mephistopheles posted:

all this obnoxious conscientiousness is just a new way to feel superior to poor people and minorities now that it's not socially acceptable to be openly classist or racist

having time and money to worry about loving food dyes of all things

e: and not to say all people who care about health or natural stuff are douchebags, just the ones who are preachy and use it as a means to condescend to people who don't or can't live that way

The rich have always been obnoxiously conscientious, it just stands out more now that they don't openly call poor people subhuman.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Prav posted:

if you believe this you are p-b as gently caress

I mean you can't just say "ew poor people" if you want your mommy blog to take off

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i'm gay

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

If that flyer instead said, "This Halloween, please make sure you have some candies for people with severe allergies like my son. You'd really make his night special" I'd have no problem with it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

If that flyer instead said, "This Halloween, please make sure you have some candies for people with severe allergies like my son. You'd really make his night special" I'd have no problem with it.

I like the arrogant bits in parenthesis describing why she picked those health snacks

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i guarantee that kid has no gluten allergies.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ethanol posted:

if somebody gave me lifesavers for halloween i would take their life

I found half a roll of fruit lifesavers and some loose pieces of cinnamon dentyne in my center console. And some Bacardi white airplane shooters too. And if you don't want what I give you don't knock on my door!

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yup, that's exactly what makes this flyer so frustrating. 'My kid can't have peanuts, gluten or dairy. This makes him sad, so he can't see other kids enjoying these things either!' Wow, how lovely is that.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
literally no child is allergic to gluten, aka bread.. obama should take that parents kids away and give them an assault rifle

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Don't worry, I'm sure allergy mom also fears guns and also thinks no-one else should ever have guns either.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gently caress the ROW posted:

literally no child is allergic to gluten, aka bread.. obama should take that parents kids away and give them an assault rifle

the whole gluten= poison concept is pretty hilarious IMO

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Any time there's a potluck or we have to bring food and there's a person there who doesn't like gluten, I purposely make it with gluten bearing ingredients and I don't give a gently caress. Don't eat my food then you attention whore. Unless you have Celiac disease, don't inconvenience others with your bullshit diet that makes food taste like poo poo. Make your own gluten free slop and eat that, I assure you, no one else will.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm seeing a lot of insufferable people use the words "do not" in a very commanding way these days.

Also "devastated" :lol: but that's already been pointed out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

I'm seeing a lot of insufferable people use the words "do not" in a very commanding way these days.

Also "devastated" :lol: but that's already been pointed out.

Next generation is raised by iphones and also devastated by not being able to eat certain types of candy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It's funny you guys keep saying it's a mom but I'm picturing a dad made this sign. Look at that clip art I mean come on.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
If you cut out all the candy w peanuts and gluten youre left w what exactly :confused:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
there' a list right there are you blind?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yes my screen reader cant interpret images w no alt tags can someone list the candies time
Is really of the essence

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
do not give my kid a free thing if it's the wrong kind, you loving idiot bitch neighbors of my community

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I'd like to take that sign, put it on their doorstep, and take a poo poo on top of it.

I can't thought, as it may contain nuts.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

gently caress the ROW posted:

Nah, kids can have legit Celiac's. Gluten intolerance is a mountain of poo poo, but those idiots ruin it for the ones who actually end up in the ER before it gets diagnosed.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i read an abstract of a paper claiming that gluten intolerance is a load of hooey, sort of, it's another chemical that actually causes the irritation but that chemical always appears alongside gluten in non synthetic food combinations

so it can be tracked by gluten in non synthetic foods but gluten free may not necessarily help, unless the other chemical is also excluded because the food is no longer non synthetic

except celiacs, an auto immune activate by gluten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

ThePriceIsRight posted:

touchability index for autists

Males not entirely averse to female strangers or acquaintances touching their business

• Locked thread