Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Cthulhuite posted:

Christ, that Pip Boy looks like cheap plastic crap.

The deafening silent chorus of nerd-thoughts of "Dang, I think I just wasted a hundred bucks" as they strap a shamefully cheap piece of plastic poo poo to their arms on launch day will be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

The deafening silent chorus of nerd-thoughts of "Dang, I think I just wasted a hundred bucks" as they strap a shamefully cheap piece of plastic poo poo to their arms on launch day will be glorious.

I've wasted considerably more money on poo poo considered completely adult and responsible to have, so like gently caress am I going to be ashamed over a goofy piece of plastic that I want to display on a shelf.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Minorkos posted:

With the new SPECIAL system, it looks like you might as well dump agility, perception and endurance if you don't care about having health or using VATS. I'm planning on playing the game as a pseudo-realistic shooter with minimal health and no VATS, so I might as well put all my points into charisma or something. It could be a fun experience to be just as frail as the enemy, but have 2 companions helping you out at all times.

"Thumbs down, you son of a bitch." :patriot:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lotish posted:

My understanding is Action Points also play into sprinting (how many points you have is Agility and how fast they run out is Endurance). Also Perception is important for avoiding explosive and breaking locks, I guess.

Wait you're going to be able to sprint?!?!? thank god. tried to play f03 a couple weeks back and it was crazy how slowly you move.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shab posted:

I'll be disappointed if there's not a proper race of underground mole people this time around. I'll be further disappointed if they're not called "The Moletariat".

Guild Wars 2 does this and it owns

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Shab posted:

I'll be disappointed if there's not a proper race of underground mole people this time around. I'll be further disappointed if they're not called "The Moletariat".

DLC 1 - John Fallout and the Lost City of Molemantis.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The Walrus posted:

Wait you're going to be able to sprint?!?!? thank god. tried to play f03 a couple weeks back and it was crazy how slowly you move.

That's one reason I never wear anything but light armor in New Vegas and always take the Travel Light perk for extra speed. Gotta go fast.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Lotish posted:

That's one reason I never wear anything but light armor in New Vegas and always take the Travel Light perk for extra speed. Gotta go fast.

Fallout 3 needed birthsigns just so I could get The Steed every time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zomborgon posted:

Fallout 3 needed birthsigns just so I could get The Steed every time.

fallout 3 is so dated, even when it was released it was pretty dated. Everything is brown.

DasKuend
Jun 19, 2014

Supreme Rear Admiral of Star Citizen
Are there any modding people in here or do you have to flock somewhere else for those things?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
The jump in visuals from Oblivion/Fallout 3 to Skyrim was pretty stark. If there's a similar jump here, or even if they deliver something fairly close to Skyrim, it'll look fantastic. If nothing else it looks like it'll be a lot more colorful compared to Fallout 3.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DasKuend posted:

Are there any modding people in here or do you have to flock somewhere else for those things?

Usually the game needs to be out for like a day or so before modders show up, but I'm sure Cream of Plenty's already hacked the Gibson and is working on some kafkaesque tribute to the T Man.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm starting a pre-emptive mod project. I just need an ideas guy, and someone to run the social media account.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

again... nevermind

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 30, 2015

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
I'm going to make huge mod. I just need someone to make the models, textures, scripting and CK work,

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

We should all make a mod... my idea is a total conversion mod...

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Fallout 4 day one mod: Robo-tits for Codsworth.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

A codpiece for Codsworth

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Just make him a flying pair of breasts and an arm, ala Trespasser.

Also, there are reports going around that the review embargo is being lifted early on the 9th. Will have to see if people hold out until then...

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You go light or no armor for best outfits like businesswear and Joshua Graham's tactical vest. Travel Light is just a perk on top of that.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Dogmeat defecation mod, complete with arched back, whimpers, and a 100 cap fine if he poops in town and you don't scoop it right away

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
A Dogmeat run animation replacer: all butt drag, all the time

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Dog Meat mod. Have you seen the dog's meat?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TorakFade posted:

Dogmeat defecation mod, complete with arched back, whimpers, and a 100 cap fine if he poops in town and you don't scoop it right away

As long as I get to cause jeeps and/or trucks to spin out, I'm ok with this.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

GhostDog posted:

Dog Meat mod. Have you seen the dog's meat?

I think people at lover slab are already prototyping the wire frame.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Horse cock for the dog. Second Life prevails.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

DasKuend posted:

Assuming you mean older Fallout games, try the Fallout modding thread.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TorakFade posted:

1/10 chance there is a bottlecap in the poo poo you can pick from it.
1/100 chance there is random ammo.
1/1000 chance there is a bobble head.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Meridian posted:

My fingers were crossed and everything. Oh well. It's pretty surprising how tight lipped they've been about it. On one hand it could mean that there is a lot of cool poo poo and they're trying to keep it under wraps. On the other it's garbage and they're trying to keep it under wraps. I don't know how to feel about it.

Bit late on the reply for this one.

24 hours is standard for review blackouts, not just in games but entertainment media of all kinds. Publishers want the reviews to come out near launch to build up the maximum impact, since the average consumer's memory is shorter than the lifespan of a Mayfly. If having reviews out early really helped sales, we'd be seeing a flood of them by now.

The time to worry is when a company doesn't allow reviews to come out until AFTER the release, if at all. If a movie never does any screenings for critics, it's a sure sign the thing is poo poo on a screen. In games, that means embargoes until after it's too late for a good number of folks to get refunds. Case in point: Assassin's Creed: Unity, AKA Assassin's Creed: Screw Me. Critics were forbidden from posting reviews until eight hours after the game was out. A few critics did drop bigass hints by posting on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media the terms of the embargo, but most just towed the line.

That unboxing vid posted in this thread is important, since it means reviewers are being given enough time to do a decent amount of playthrough before release. Lots of games don't give reviewers more than a couple days to try them beforehand, here we've got over a week. If it's really a turd, we'll know a day in advance, which is sufficient time to cancel any preorders or be ready to ship things back unopened for refund. But I don't think Bethesda would take this much of a risk if they weren't confident in what they were releasing.

The game may still end up getting a "meh" from reviewers, but at this point I'm not worried we're getting AC:Unity. Now all I worry is that we could have a PC localization issue ala "Arkham Knight," since all we've seen are console versions. We shall see...

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

AlternateAccount posted:

The deafening silent chorus of nerd-thoughts of "Dang, I think I just wasted a hundred bucks" as they unsuccessfully attempt to strap a shamefully cheap piece of plastic poo poo to their fat arms on launch day will be glorious.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

AlternateAccount posted:

At E3 Todd Howard walked out on stage and straight-up said it will be a cheap plastic piece of crap so I have been waiting for the nerd schadenfreude for like 5 months.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

WeLcOmE to The Diamond City Metropolis!

Enjoy this Actual Screenshot at 1080p (lol)
http://abload.de/img/14462266169289uknb.png

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Its 2500 AD. Fenway Park has inexplicably shrunk tenfold.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
That's a Bethesda TownTM alright.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

strong bird posted:

Its 2500 AD. Fenway Park has inexplicably shrunk tenfold.

In Fallout radiation causes animals to grow and geography to shrink.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

strong bird posted:

Why are spoilering an old picked over shot? It's not part of a leak or anything.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Bethesda fans are delicate creatures and I didn't want to offend

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

This isn't funny.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

strong bird posted:

Are those real people to the left, or mannequins?
Also, that pipboy looks ridiculously huge. Bigger than in previous games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I am so glad other colors exist in this game.

• Locked thread