Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Charles Johnson is a JAG who looked good last year because the Vikings had literally nobody on the outside so someone had to catch what little passes they let Teddy throw, and unless you were in a return yards PPR league, Patterson was a TD-dependent boom/bust WR3 who had 6 of his 9 scores in the first 5 weeks. Meanwhile, Diggs is a good route runner with good ball skills. If you had come to me each of the last three years when they were each getting their first shot at a role, and asked me who is the most likely to have long term success, I'd say Diggs hands down. Diggs was also probably the most hyped prospect of the three relative to draft position. Diggs was a 5th round pick pretty generally well regarded as a potential sleeper, while Johnson was a nobody, and it was pretty well documented that Patterson was a "project" (see: Williamson, Troy aka Bust)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only person who wants OBJ wants to trade McCoy for him. Honestly I'd probably take that right now, but considering he's on bye and if I go 1-7 I'm even more done than I already am, I don't think it's worth it. I hate trade averse leagues where people either insta-reject everything or just leave it open for the rest of the season.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

.5 PRR, guy is looking to trade a WR for an RB

My team:
QB: Rivers
WR: Thomas
WR: Landry
WR: James Jones
RB: Peterson
RB: Ingram
TE: Green
FLEX: Yeldon
BN: Marvin Jones, Stevie Johnson, Matthews, Gilmore, Fitzpatrick

His:
QB: Palmer
WR: Allen
WR: Cobb
WB: Bryant
RB: Gurley
RB: Gore
TE: Eifert
FLEX: Bernard/A. Robinson/Woodhead
BN: Ginn, Ebron, Taylor

Of my three RBs, I'm thinking that Ingram is the one I should move? I would probably want to get back Gio in any deal. Any thoughts on what would be a good trade?

e:
GIVE: Ingram, J. Jones
GET: Allen, Gio

?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 30, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I know this isn't collusion but hope I am not alone in thinking this is a pretty bad trade.

Team A gives:
AJ Green
Emmanuel Sanders

Team B gives:
Amari Cooper
LeGarrette Blount
Brandon LaFell
Ameer Abdullah

Team A has been struggling a lot this season so I see why he wants to mix it up. But I am not sure trading away his two best players for Cooper + a bunch of question marks is the right way to go. I am just bitter because now Team B has a WR corps of Julio Jones, ODB, AJ Green, and Emmanuel Sanders.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

.5 PRR, guy is looking to trade a WR for an RB

My team:
QB: Rivers
WR: James Jones
RB: Ingram
TE: Green
FLEX: Yeldon
BN: Marvin Jones, Stevie Johnson, Matthews, Gilmore, Fitzpatrick

His:
QB: Palmer
WR: Cobb
WB: Bryant
RB: Gurley
RB: Gore
TE: Eifert
FLEX: Bernard/A. Robinson/Woodhead
BN: Ginn, Ebron, Taylor

Of my three RBs, I'm thinking that Ingram is the one I should move? I would probably want to get back Gio in any deal. Any thoughts on what would be a good trade?

e:
GIVE: Ingram, J. Jones
GET: Allen, Gio

?

I don't like this trade at all. You don't have the RB depth to lose Ingram and you are giving up another starter in James Jones to get an upgrade at WR. I think this is lateral at best.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I don't like this trade at all. You don't have the RB depth to lose Ingram and you are giving up another starter in James Jones to get an upgrade at WR. I think this is lateral at best.

I'm also 2-5 and I don't give a poo poo about depth, I'm just trying to set up the best starting roster ROS and ride it out. But it does seem kinda lateral to me. I'm just not as high on Ingram as I am on Peterson and Yeldon, so I'm thinking I might be better off trading him for a WR upgrade?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

MrSargent posted:

I know this isn't collusion but hope I am not alone in thinking this is a pretty bad trade.

Team A gives:
AJ Green
Emmanuel Sanders

Team B gives:
Amari Cooper
LeGarrette Blount
Brandon LaFell
Ameer Abdullah

Team A has been struggling a lot this season so I see why he wants to mix it up. But I am not sure trading away his two best players for Cooper + a bunch of question marks is the right way to go. I am just bitter because now Team B has a WR corps of Julio Jones, ODB, AJ Green, and Emmanuel Sanders.

Team A just thinks getting on the Pats train for the rest of the season is the best play. Is he right? Probably not but I can see why he feels uneasy with those two WRs.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'm also 2-5 and I don't give a poo poo about depth, I'm just trying to set up the best starting roster ROS and ride it out. But it does seem kinda lateral to me. I'm just as high on Ingram as I am on Peterson and Yeldon, so I'm thinking I might be better off trading him for a WR upgrade?

Personally, of those three RB's I would take Ingram ROS, althought it is close with AP. Honestly, looking at your lineup, it seems like you have a solid team and may just be the team with bad luck/matchups each week. I don't think losing your top RB for a WR that has only scored 5 more points on the year is going to shake up your team.

In the end, I am not a big fan of the 1:1 trades because they are usually very small variance moves, unless you are trading a current bench player for someone who would start.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Boldin and Hyde are GTDs this week. Hope those of you who got on the Rams DST party bus are still on it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Before anyone asks there's no viable decent backup in SF, and it will probably be a committee if Hyde is out.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Reggie Bush may have value in PPR leagues if Hyde were out simply because he would likely get some early down carries in addition to all the passing down work, since Mike Davis and Hayne are so raw. Emphasis on "may."

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Reggie Bush would probably get hurt on the coin toss.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ridley has been activated and I'm wondering if I should drop Vereen for him.

E: gently caress it, I did it.

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 30, 2015

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Forever_Peace posted:

Started a thursday player in your flex. :negative:

Yeah it hurt but I thought Amendola had a much better chance at a good game than Carlos Hyde (which was my other option).

Now watch Hyde have like a 20 point game.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'm also 2-5 and I don't give a poo poo about depth, I'm just trying to set up the best starting roster ROS and ride it out. But it does seem kinda lateral to me. I'm just not as high on Ingram as I am on Peterson and Yeldon, so I'm thinking I might be better off trading him for a WR upgrade?

Keenan Allen is a big upgrade on James Jones imo. Depending how you feel about Hill and Gio, Ingram to Gio is arguably worth getting Keenan.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah it hurt but I thought Amendola had a much better chance at a good game than Carlos Hyde (which was my other option).

Hyde has a stress fracture in his foot and the 49ers are a mess.

I dropped him earlier this week.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Keenan Allen is a big upgrade on James Jones imo. Depending how you feel about Hill and Gio, Ingram to Gio is arguably worth getting Keenan.

That's kinda how I felt at first. IMO Allen is the only stud of the 4 players being traded. I know Ingram is like RB #2 right now, but it all just feels a bit paper tigery to me atm. I feel like between Yeldon/Gio/M. Jones/Stevie, I can cobble together a RB2/Flex that's more than servicable when my QB/RB1/WRs are Rivers/Peterson/Thomas/Allen/Landry. I don't know I'm torn on it, both you and MrSargent make cogent points.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Twelve by Pies posted:

You should start the Thursday player in a RB or WR spot rather than the flex, just on the off chance that if one of your Sunday players gets hurt on Friday, gets an illness, the team bus crashes etc. you have more flexibility to replace him with a WR OR an RB rather than just one or the other.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

coronaball posted:

You should start the Thursday player in a RB or WR spot rather than the flex, just on the off chance that if one of your Sunday players gets hurt on Friday, gets an illness, the team bus crashes etc. you have more flexibility to replace him with a WR OR an RB rather than just one or the other.

This is the dumbest thing. Why have the software restrict players like that? It should just see if you have the correct number of players allowed per your roster rules.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's not about the player though - you should never flex anyone on a Thursday night. If Amendola is going to be in your lineup, then it makes more sense to start him as a WR so you have more flexibility on Sunday.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Dandy Kaiser posted:

That's kinda how I felt at first. IMO Allen is the only stud of the 4 players being traded. I know Ingram is like RB #2 right now, but it all just feels a bit paper tigery to me atm. I feel like between Yeldon/Gio/M. Jones/Stevie, I can cobble together a RB2/Flex that's more than servicable when my QB/RB1/WRs are Rivers/Peterson/Thomas/Allen/Landry. I don't know I'm torn on it, both you and MrSargent make cogent points.

Let's break it down based on 0.5PPR.

Keenan Allen - 116PTS, 16.6AVG
Gio Bernard - 75.6PTS, 12.6 AVG
TOTAL AVG = 29.2PPG

Mark Ingram - 111PTS, 15.9AVG
James Jones - 88.9PTS, 14.8AVG
TOTAL AVG = 30.7PPG

It's pretty close, slightly in Ingram/Jones favor. Obviously this depends on how you feel about them keeping up this production but my main point is that its so close that it isn't "shaking things up" for a team at 2-5.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

It's pretty close, slightly in Ingram/Jones favor. Obviously this depends on how you feel about them keeping up this production but my main point is that its so close that it isn't "shaking things up" for a team at 2-5.

To be fair, I've already "shaken things up" I was 1-5 with Brady, Moncreif, West, and Cooks on that roster in place of Ingram, Landry, and Thomas (traded Brady+Cooks for Ingram+Landry and West+Moncreif for Thomas) so it's not like I've just been hit with bad luck and need to ride out my guys, I'm actively trying to re-vamp a 1-5 team to try to make a playoff push. The real argument here I guess is if I've successfully done that or if there's still room for improvement? I think that I need a better WR3, personally. I'm just wondering if the downgrade from Ingram to Gio ROS is worth the upgrade from Jones to Allen. My gut says yes, but the numbers say no.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 30, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Dandy Kaiser posted:

To be fair, I've already "shaken things up" I was 1-5 with Brady, Moncreif, West, and Cooks on that roster in place of Ingram, Landry, and Thomas (traded Brady+Cooks for Ingram+Landry and West+Moncreif for Thomas) so it's not like I've just been hit with bad luck and need to ride out my guys, I'm actively trying to re-vamp a 1-5 team to try to make a playoff push. The real argument here I guess is if I've successfully done that or if there's still room for improvement? I think that I need a better WR3, personally. I'm just wondering if the downgrade from Ingram to Gio ROS is worth the upgrade from Jones to Allen. My gut says yes, but the numbers say no.

I think you have done a great job revamping the team thus far. I would either stand pat, or trade higher on Ingram. You shouldn't need to send Ingram + another starter for a WR1. I would be looking for a WR1 straight up at this point (Allen may be too expensive since he is a ppr machine).

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

Any thoughts on this trade in 10-person standard? Give hopkins for aj green and yeldon. I need an rb as i'm starting lacy and sims with foster out. I have superstars melvin gordon and karlos williams stashed but that's it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I think you have done a great job revamping the team thus far. I would either stand pat, or trade higher on Ingram. You shouldn't need to send Ingram + another starter for a WR1. I would be looking for a WR1 straight up at this point (Allen may be too expensive since he is a ppr machine).

Well, then the argument there is, if I trade Ingram straight up for a WR1, and I can't get Allen, why shouldn't I try to make that trade? if I move Ingram, I'm moving Yeldon to my RB2; and if I don't get a RB back, I'm moving Jones to my flex. Is Jones a better flex play ROS than a Gio/M. Jones/Stevie platoon? What's really the difference? If I can't get Allen, maybe I could get someone like SSS or Marshall or Calvin Johnson etc. Would you rather have:

RB: Yeldon
FLEX: Gio/M. Jones/S. Johnson

or

WR: Marshall/Johnson
RB: Yeldon
FLEX: James Jones

because to me, just on the surface, I'd rather have the former than the latter

e: Actually, I have to keep in mind that if I traded for Allen, I would have Rivers, Allen, Johnson, and Green with the Chargers bye still to happen. I have FitzMagic and Gilmore to cover QB and TE, but I think I'm going to need Jones for WR3 that week, so I should probably hang on to him and start Marvin Jones in my flex.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 30, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ok, here's a different trade, same team:

GIVE: James Jones, Marvin Jones
GET: Diggs, Andre Johnson

It basically comes down to who is the consensus best WR ROS between JJ and Diggs. This new guy I'm trading with has some shoddy depth (Andre Johnson, Kamar Aiken, Reuben Randle, Nate Washington) so I'm not entirely convinced that MJ doesn't step in and immediately become his WR4 but he's never really going to start for me and AJ80 would pretty much immediately be waiver fodder. I know he won't do Jones for Diggs straight up, so I'm thinking maybe the depth upgrade might get the deal done?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 30, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Dandy Kaiser posted:

e: Actually, I have to keep in mind that if I traded for Allen, I would have Rivers, Allen, Johnson, and Green with the Chargers bye still to happen. I have FitzMagic and Gilmore to cover QB and TE, but I think I'm going to need Jones for WR3 that week, so I should probably hang on to him and start Marvin Jones in my flex.

My preference would be to hold onto Ingram and try to trade Yeldon instead, packaging him with a WR to upgrade your WR. There have to be some serious RB needy teams where Yeldon would be a help, especially with Yeldon looking better each of the last 3 games. I just have to think that you would have to pay too much for Allen, and can get some value out of your RBs other than Ingram.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
So, Yahoo just updated Carlos Hyde to out for Sunday with a stress fracture in his foot. But, his info says game time decision. With McCoy and Yeldon on Bye, And Blount playing already, all I have is Hillman.

Looks like I'm picking up Reggie Bush, ugh

E: and now I catch up and see you guys already discussed a few posts ago, late to the party here

Rick Grimes fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 30, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

especially with Yeldon looking better each of the last 3 games

This is what concerns me. I traded away West specifically because I had Yeldon and he's looking more and more each week like he's going to be a difference maker down the stretch.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'd start Hillman over Bush, even vs. the packers. Bush is worn out and busted and he is going to split carries with the backups, and also SF can't keep its offense on the field.

Normally, Hyde and Boldin are the only somewhat startable 49ers offense players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You all do know that Reggie Bush has played in four games this season, finished two, and managed all this on twelve touches?

Do not pick up Reggie Bush unless you want to get mad when he limps off the field after three carries and a target at his foot.

Edit: though he is coming off 34 yards on three catches and four carries last week!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hillman is a decent play. I think he's pulling away with that job.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Rick Grimes posted:

So, Yahoo just updated Carlos Hyde to out for Sunday with a stress fracture in his foot. But, his info says game time decision. With McCoy and Yeldon on Bye, And Blount playing already, all I have is Hillman.

Looks like I'm picking up Reggie Bush, ugh

E: and now I catch up and see you guys already discussed a few posts ago, late to the party here

He's officially out now

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

gently caress it, rolling with Diggs over Decker and Olsen this weekend. Who's with me?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well, being in second place in my league was fun, but it all ends this week.

Down 40 points and it's only Thursday.

:(:respek::( Opponent had Brady and Edelman in my money league. We can still do this!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

gently caress it, rolling with Diggs over Decker and Olsen this weekend. Who's with me?

Ur a psychopath m8 but actually I might keep him at my second spot over J Matthews if clownshoes doesn't soften his hands

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
With Hyde officially out, Hillman is my only active RB, start 2. So unfortunately I have to ride the Bush train.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Don't be dumb, haha.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Ur a psychopath m8 but actually I might keep him at my second spot over J Matthews if clownshoes doesn't soften his hands

This is the right choice, though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'd rather ride the Michael Bush train.

Who is available?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

JMatt is droppable at this point.

I'll do some research tonight and maybe switch back to Decker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

JMatt is droppable at this point.

I'll do some research tonight and maybe switch back to Decker.

Well, I honestly just think Diggs is due to drop off severely and not sustain his production, but I also haven't watched him or anything. Decker is just a rock solid WR2.

• Locked thread