Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

remusclaw posted:

Everything about making the Wyatts a three man on the PS4 is broken. You cant change the trio entrance slots, so either Bray has to be part of the tag team, or he takes Harper or Rowans place in the entrance
When 2k14 came out, people were complaining about the broken trios entrances problem not being fixed for the nWo entrance, when it already hadn't been fixed in 2k13, even though it was a known issue in WWE 12.

At this point I'm just assuming it's a deliberate affectation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Somebody check and see if this isn't just on my end. When you're setting up a show in Universe and you're on that screen where you pick the arena, match-up screen, replay style, logo, etc, they give you the option to preview everything you've set up. After you watch the preview it resets everything you just picked back to default and you have to pick it again. This loving game.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I like that Kevin Owens secondary finisher is the package piledriver in this game. I still wonder if they'll let him break it out in some huge match or something.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Perry Normal posted:

Somebody check and see if this isn't just on my end. When you're setting up a show in Universe and you're on that screen where you pick the arena, match-up screen, replay style, logo, etc, they give you the option to preview everything you've set up. After you watch the preview it resets everything you just picked back to default and you have to pick it again. This loving game.
Working QA on these games must be hell. There's no way testers didn't find most of the bugs people are mentioning, but the higher ups just decide there's not enough time to fix them.
Even worse is that they then don't fix most of the poo poo with patches.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
From what I've seen of 2K16, I want it, but my options are either waiting for the PC port or dropping $400 on a PS4. I think I'll wait.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Got the season pass and acclerator - totally worth it for the unlocks. Still bummed to find that converting RAW to old 99 Raw, you still need to use modern day RAW transition screens. There's always been a lingering missing piece for universe conversions, but at least name plates and everything else had old RAW parts so not too bad.

Looking forward to the natural disasters and bossman, not seen them in a game since Wrestlefest :) (I know N.D were DLC in like 2009?)

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Can someone comment on the number of entrances? Especially tag team/trios.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Lady Naga posted:

Can someone comment on the number of entrances? Especially tag team/trios.

I can't really comment on tag entrances, but as far as singles entrances go there aren't a ton of generic ones. But with the advanced editor, you can pretty easily create entrances that won't look like copies of pre-existing ones. You have 5 segments you can edit: pre walk out, walk out, walking down the ramp, outside of the ring getting in, and in-ring. In each of those segments you can edit character motion, pyro, lighting, and video effect. And you can choose which segment the name plate appears in.

They still really needed to put some generic library music in there, though. Its whats lacking the most.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Right but is there broadly speaking a CAW entrance for most of the roster?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CVagts posted:

From what I've seen of 2K16, I want it, but my options are either waiting for the PC port or dropping $400 on a PS4. I think I'll wait.

For what it's worth I think the PS4 is going to drop in price soon. I know in Canada it's coming down to $429 and there's already bundles with Destiny: Taken King for that price, so if you sell Destiny to get 2K16 it's not terribly expensive.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Big Bidness posted:

They still really needed to put some generic library music in there, though. Its whats lacking the most.

True, but that Ricky Steamboat theme song is straight HOT FIRE.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Cubone posted:

When 2k14 came out, people were complaining about the broken trios entrances problem not being fixed for the nWo entrance, when it already hadn't been fixed in 2k13, even though it was a known issue in WWE 12.

At this point I'm just assuming it's a deliberate affectation.

Jesus Christ.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

super macho dude posted:

True, but that Ricky Steamboat theme song is straight HOT FIRE.

I'm not buying the game until tonight. Are they still doing the thing where they reuse Ultimo Dragon's WWE theme?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Already loving Career mode way more than last year. The VA for the player is great for the douchebag 'A-list' heel I made (looks like Alex Shelly with Tanahashi's moveset) and the new run-in mechanics feel really good at replicating actual WWE finishes. I just lost in the tutorial segment to Darren Young because Breeze took the ref as I hit my finish, then distracted me - letting Young hit the Gut Check on me.

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'm not buying the game until tonight. Are they still doing the thing where they reuse Ultimo Dragon's WWE theme?

Isn't that because Dragon re-used Steamboat's music from his 90s run?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

flashy_mcflash posted:

For what it's worth I think the PS4 is going to drop in price soon. I know in Canada it's coming down to $429 and there's already bundles with Destiny: Taken King for that price, so if you sell Destiny to get 2K16 it's not terribly expensive.

They just announced a drop to 350 in the US too.

It's still silly to buy a console for one game, mind, especially 2k16. It's better than last year but it's not console selling better.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

They just announced a drop to 350 in the US too.

It's still silly to buy a console for one game, mind, especially 2k16. It's better than last year but it's not console selling better.

I bought it for Fallout actually, but 2K16 is just gravy. I definitely wouldn't call 2K16 a system seller on its own.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't that because Dragon re-used Steamboat's music from his 90s run?

I'm not going to lie... I don't know. Anything pre-1997 is stuff I've managed to catch up on in the last 10 years.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Tried setting up an all-Diva brand and it works... kinda. For the first show, Universe tries to pull at least one match from the 'Singles Title' rankings. But since there's no 'Singles Title' on an all-woman show (just the World and Divas), it books a match between... Empty Slot and Empty Slot. Literally. If you try to play it, the game hard crashes and your PS4 sounds like its chugging jet fuel.

Easy enough to remake the match. And after a few shows, the game seems to get the idea and the problem goes away... but really 2K?

Also, Universe seems to want about 4 people per match slot. So if you have a brand with 12 wrestlers, you're only getting three matches a show, no matter what you actually set it to.

modern villian
May 4, 2009
Has anyone encountered the swapped custom logos glitch? Downloaded an NXT show, and the ring logo is now CM Punk's chest from a CAW. The show logo is Asuka's armband.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

How do you unlock the greyed-out moves in the moves list? If the only way is buying them as dlc, thats hosed.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

super macho dude posted:

How do you unlock the greyed-out moves in the moves list? If the only way is buying them as dlc, thats hosed.

I am guessing you are talking about My Career Mode? If so, then you buy movesets (like John Cena's move set, so you get the AA, STFU, etc).

I haven't noticed any greyed-out moves in normal creation mode.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Speaking of ref bumps, are they any longer this time, or does he still get up so fast there's no point in doing them?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Did they bring back Create-an-Arena? I haven't seen any talk about it.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

sticklefifer posted:

Did they bring back Create-an-Arena? I haven't seen any talk about it.

Yep, they're back in.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Muddy Burphy posted:

It's his mid-90s WCW theme in 2K16 and it is awesome to have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_zbCF2QNB8

TealShark fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 30, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

remusclaw posted:

You can go nuts with pyro in the advanced entrance creator now. You get two uses of pyro per entrance part, so with intro, stage, ramp, ring-in, and ring, you can have 10 separate firework displays during your entrance. I have found heaven.

loving Sold

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nobody has said anything about a PC port and unlike last time they didn't accidentally show a PC boxart so I don't think it's happening but I'd like to be wrong.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

RBX posted:

Nobody has said anything about a PC port and unlike last time they didn't accidentally show a PC boxart so I don't think it's happening but I'd like to be wrong.

Nobody said anything about a PC port last year until like a week before it was available on Steam.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The PC port was first revealed in a Korean ratings board posting, which happens quite a bit with games. That was several months before the official announcement

super macho dude posted:

Win rivalries with their owners

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 30, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Muddy Burphy posted:

Nobody said anything about a PC port last year until like a week before it was available on Steam.

No when the game was first announced they said PC even had the PC art on the page then took it off and didn't mention it until later.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

RBX posted:

No when the game was first announced they said PC even had the PC art on the page then took it off and didn't mention it until later.

I didn't know they actually mentioned the PC art.. I remember seeing the picture, I just thought it was never acknowledged.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Alex Navarro said there was a PC version coming sometime and Dan Ryckert seemed pretty sure it would be on PC, too. Given he lives with the community manager for WWE 2k16, I doubt he'd have that wrong.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It also doesn't take a whole lot of effort to port (esp. since they care not for optimization) and 2k15 got at least 1.7k extra sales for that little effort so...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It probably won't be talked about until at least early 2016 if it does exist anyway

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

The PC port was first revealed in a Korean ratings board posting, which happens quite a bit with games. That was several months before the official announcement

Win rivalries with their owners

But the Rainmaker is greyed out for me...?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It's so deflating to lose a pin early on in s match though. Fantastic matches otherwise.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

But the Rainmaker is greyed out for me...?

The move-sets in these games are never very good. Cesaro probably has it or something. I mean seriously, they put a new skull crushing finale in the game, and now like a quarter of the roster uses the old one as a transition move, they really don't put much time into the move-sets.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 30, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Well the SCF is really just Jarrett's Stroke anyway.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

You are overestimating the stroke, because even as someone who isn't fond of the Miz, the SCF is far better looking as a finish than the stroke. Jericho on the other hand did use the full nelson face-buster in one of his aborted attempts at finding a non submission finisher.

Look at this poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ndWskuQxGk

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'd bet money on the Rainmaker being in Itami's repertoire. Or maybe Bryan's.