Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Demitri Omni posted:

Does anyone use Specialspelltimer for ACT? If so, have your timers also freaked out and now display all at once all the time?

Yea when I first played my warrior. No idea how to fix it.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Expert is still going to have 2 new dungeons. Hopefully they'll include ARF in some kind of a roulette. They're adding in a 24 man raid, plus a new type of collaborative island exploration that alliances can go around killing hard poo poo for gear.

Nobody but weird goons want to do a dungeon that gives no loot. So unless they add loot I wouldn't count on it being in the arf rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

People do the Main Scenario Roulette without loot. Make it give Law and Esos and add ARF to it.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

People do the Main Scenario Roulette without loot. Make it give Law and Esos and add ARF to it.

Or let's absolutely not, exactly because of Main Scenario Roulette. You tried to duty-find a Castrum or Praetorium, ever? Majority of people are assholes, and will speedrun the poo poo out of the place even if there's someone new in the group who wants to watch the cutscenes. Let's definitely not make that exact same huge mistake with ARF.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

kafziel posted:

Or let's absolutely not, exactly because of Main Scenario Roulette. You tried to duty-find a Castrum or Praetorium, ever? Majority of people are assholes, and will speedrun the poo poo out of the place even if there's someone new in the group who wants to watch the cutscenes. Let's definitely not make that exact same huge mistake with ARF.

SE has already averted that mistake: ARF isn't filled with several minutes-long cutscenes that wreck the pacing of the place. ARF in a roulette, even added onto MS Roulette, probably wouldn't be any different from a player doing Brayflox for the first time with experienced players leveling alt classes in LLDR.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Holyshoot posted:

Yea when I first played my warrior. No idea how to fix it.

It happens right after I spend nearly a month on timers/icons/etc for every class.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

kafziel posted:

In my experience, the duty is almost always just players that have finished the content already. Occasionally you'll get new players that simply don't speak up and get steamrolled through it, yeah. However any time there's someone that says they're new and wants to watch the cutscenes, usually the group will oblige. If anyone is a dick they'll get called out and then someone will at least mention the Inn as a consolation.

Also, Castrum and Praetorium were designed poorly and are not speedrun friendly thanks to all those cutscenes. ARF was better planned with only intro and outro cutscenes, and the follow-up fight is a separate duty, so even if you speedrun them you can't ruin someone's storytime.

ARF would be fine in MSR.

e:f;b

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Manyorcas posted:

SE has already averted that mistake: ARF isn't filled with several minutes-long cutscenes that wreck the pacing of the place. ARF in a roulette, even added onto MS Roulette, probably wouldn't be any different from a player doing Brayflox for the first time with experienced players leveling alt classes in LLDR.

Yeah, there's only one somewhat long cutscene between phases of the final boss of the dungeon and it's really not that bad to sit through. People won't pull early since it's a four man dungeon and missing any single person will make the fight not go well.

They really need to stick ARF in a roulette because as it is now the queues have gotten really bad unless you get a group together for it manually.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
ARF has the best dungeon music with the possible exception of Fractal which is all the reason you need to run it.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I seriously doubt their roulette system is set up to mix 4 and 8 man instances.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
It is actually, I've gotten the 8 man guildhest through that roulette a few times.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Axle_Stukov posted:

It is actually, I've gotten the 8 man guildhest through that roulette a few times.

I stand corrected. Never did unlock the final two guildhests.

In that case ARF in the Main Story roulette seems the way to go.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Axle_Stukov posted:

Yeah it does fine on guildhest roulette between 4 and 8 man content.

Tortolia posted:

I stand corrected. Never did unlock the final two guildhests.

In that case ARF in the Main Story roulette seems the way to go.

You really should. Each guildhest is good experience the first time you run it on each different class.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

nuru posted:

What's the best dyeable subligar that isn't Light Steel, or alternatively the most fabulous underwear style item for men?

Not subligar per se, but depending on race, you may want to check out Hempen Underpants. The highlander version manages to simultaneously be boxer-briefs and look like something a stripper would wear, which is no small feat.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
MSDR still leaves a lot to be desired for running it. Maybe 3.1 will add experience to the mobs there, but otherwise I stopped running it in favor of LDR / HLDR because that gives more EXP in a shorter amount of time.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

holy loving poo poo it's finally dead

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ilifinicus posted:

Congrats!

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

ilifinicus posted:

Nice!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

Good job!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's good to find your niche

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

I love MCH in PVP god drat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HelloPlatypus posted:

You wouldn't have had that one death if you hadn't been cackling like a madman.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Fister Roboto posted:

You wouldn't have had that one death if you hadn't been cackling like a madman.

I HAD TO KILL THE SUMMONER. KILL #9.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

HelloPlatypus posted:

I HAD TO KILL THE SUMMONER. KILL #9.

DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>

You have been removed from the duty.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Xenoveritas posted:

DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>
DO NOT CHASE <se.2>

You have been removed from the duty.

alternatively

[x:38] DO NOT CHASE ADDERS, THEY WILL CHASE YOU BACK TO OUR SPAWN
[x:41] theres no way you could have known adders would chase us back to spawn captain hindsight

:negative:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

HelloPlatypus posted:

Pretty sure I've been in at least one match with you going 12/0. Battle fever gets pretty ridiculous...

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL

Martman posted:

Pretty sure I've been in at least one match with you going 12/0. Battle fever gets pretty ridiculous...

Real talk I never get kills with ranged LB I am bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ranged and mage LBs are more about area denial or getting people to do stupid things like pop cooldowns.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

it's good to find your niche

drat, at least I have a fallback plan when my bathing roleplay doesn't take off.

Gaudia
Nov 4, 2011
So I decided to get back into this after not having played for a year. Is it just me or has it completely died out since? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Revenant's toll used to be incredibly crowded (did engame hangout move elsewhere?).

Are hunts irrelevant? Cause I haven't found a single group, and nobody cared I found an A rank. As terrible as hunts were, being part of an enormous blob racing to a monster had it's charms.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gaudia posted:

So I decided to get back into this after not having played for a year. Is it just me or has it completely died out since? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Revenant's toll used to be incredibly crowded (did engame hangout move elsewhere?).

Are hunts irrelevant? Cause I haven't found a single group, and nobody cared I found an A rank. As terrible as hunts were, being part of an enormous blob racing to a monster had it's charms.
An expansion happened. Everything's about the expansion content now.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Gaudia posted:

Mor Dhona is like, sooo 2.x

Idylshire is the new idle zone

Failing that, there's always people in the 3 cities + Ishgard

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Gaudia posted:

The endgame hangout is now Idyllshire.

Hunts are dead because they're mainly for upgrading i170 gear to i180, but the i190 Prototype Gordian and the esoteric i200 gear came out in 3.05.

There's a new patch in a week and a half.

Gaudia
Nov 4, 2011
Okay this all makes sense, thanks. I'll have to work on my old i100 character to be part of the cool people again.

I actually ran a couple low level dungeons earlier to get back into it and the game is as fun as I remember it! I was just really let down after logging back in at first.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope they find a way to bring people back to Mor Dhona. I spent a year watching and helping it grow and now everyone just passes right through it. Even Rowena abandoned it!

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I hope they find a way to bring people back to Mor Dhona. I spent a year watching and helping it grow and now everyone just passes right through it. Even Rowena abandoned it!

pray return to the rising stones

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Rowena's still in Mor Dhona isn't she? She's in both places. Maybe she's like Nurse Joy and there's like fifty sisters in the Rowena family and they all look alike

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Eventually we'll have Rowana, Rowena, Rowina, Rowona, and Rowuna. Sometimes Rowyna shows up randomly in the shop.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The HW relic quests will be about trying to get Rowena and Gerolt back together again. Please look forward to it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fister Roboto posted:

The HW relic quests will be about trying to get Rowena and Gerolt back together again. Please look forward to it.

That would be fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

DizzyBum posted:

Also, Castrum and Praetorium were designed poorly and are not speedrun friendly thanks to all those cutscenes. ARF was better planned with only intro and outro cutscenes, and the follow-up fight is a separate duty, so even if you speedrun them you can't ruin someone's storytime.

As a newbie, how long are these cutscenes? And can I view them later somewhere? Should I feel bad about saying that I'm new and I'd like to see them even if it takes up 5 extra minutes or whatever?

• Locked thread