Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Bovril Delight posted:

Does it have the sweet jump seats?

You bet it does! I'll have to take a picture with me trying to actually sit in them. I feel 5 :)

EDIT: dammit, I got new page'd.

The rust around the bottom of the trunk lid is the only rust on the thing. It's amazing, I've worked on 3 year old cars up here that are rustier.

chrisgt fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
E: I'm dumb

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

It's tough having friends so jealous of my MPG.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Linux Nazi posted:

Oh god what have I done I'm not good with cars :(

Z51, but base 1LT trim (which is still pretty fantastic)

Took nearly 3 months to get here, no dealers have manuals on the lot. So if you want one specced close to how you like it, and a 3rd pedal, then you're special ordering.

I got basically the same car. A8 and a couple of exterior differences (calipers and hood).

Loving every drive here in NorCal. Although it shifts a bit hard (gotta get that fixed) and the quality isn't awesome. Still amazing, every single time.

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star
Took these for the BM thread but as it is my ride, I guess they belong here as well:

I have never been as excited to go do the groceries or whatever pissweak excuse to go for a drive as I have been this last while. :D :D

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Are we cross posting now? I took the old beater 5 out to cars and coffee Sunday with Dad...

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

PBJTYME and OUTATIME

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
That blue is just...swoon worthy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
It looks like they're waving to each other.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I still read the license plate as CAT SEX OTICS

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Never caught a pic, but I once saw a Lambo here in Chicago with the plate LAMBRO

Seems less douchey when the dude straight up owns that poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

See, if i had a lambo, i would get a plate like "88accord" so people would see that and think "gently caress yeah, he finally made it" instead of "i wonder how much his daddy paid"

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Tamir Lenk posted:

Never caught a pic, but I once saw a Lambo here in Chicago with the plate LAMBRO

Seems less douchey when the dude straight up owns that poo poo.

It's sad because there's a reason the stereotype exists. I'd say half the owners are just big car guys, the other half are LOOK AT ME douchebags.

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

Cheap and quick paint job on the GT4's wheels over the weekend, no more flaky silver paint job from the PO. Maybe doing another coat or two next weekend.

Next step is body paint : either a do-over on the white or taking it back to the original red. Really can't decide. :allears:

Dude Sweet fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 28, 2015

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Your car is wonderful.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

mevans posted:

Cheap and quick paint job on the GT4's wheels over the weekend, no more flaky silver paint job from the PO. Maybe doing another coat or two next weekend.

Next step is body paint : either a do-over on the white or taking it back to the original red. Really can't decide. :allears:

Next step is to post a couple more pictures because I'm almost there.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Powershift posted:

See, if i had a lambo, i would get a plate like "88accord" so people would see that and think "gently caress yeah, he finally made it" instead of "i wonder how much his daddy paid"

But they'd realize grinders with 88 Accords don't get vanity plates.

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star

mevans posted:

Those rims came out great!

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
Thanks all!

Another photo from the slightly less good side, where the PO must have reverse swiped a building pillar on the left side.
Will be getting this and some little dents elsewhere fixed when it gets a paint job.

Other than that it's a stock '89 JDM model (ceramic turbo and interior luxuries!), is at 149000 kms and is fan-loving-tastic.

I also installed a hood-scoop ornament.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Comrade Flynn posted:

PBJTYME and OUTATIME

Any more shots of the DeLorean?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

mevans posted:

Other than that it's a stock '89 JDM model (ceramic turbo and interior luxuries!), is at 149000 kms and is fan-loving-tastic.

Gorgeous! I missed out on a GT4 CS and sometimes wonder how amazing/terrible it would've been :allears:

Post pictures of the alternator cooling duct.

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 28, 2015

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

mevans posted:

Thanks all!

Another photo from the slightly less good side, where the PO must have reverse swiped a building pillar on the left side.
Will be getting this and some little dents elsewhere fixed when it gets a paint job.

I also installed a hood-scoop ornament.

I came.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cage posted:

It looks like they're waving to each other.
spiders_rearing_as_threat.jpg

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Fifty Three posted:

spiders_rearing_as_threat.jpg

That's amazing. They do look just like that.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

WAIL posted:

This followed me home today. A 2011 3.8 R-Spec. It's the first car I've bought with my own money and also my first manual.

These are just so good for the money. A lot of power, RWD (w/ torsen LSD), suspension feels great, and the interior is not-terrible.

You can pick them up used for a song, too.

shodanjr_gr posted:

I got basically the same car. A8 and a couple of exterior differences (calipers and hood).

Loving every drive here in NorCal. Although it shifts a bit hard (gotta get that fixed) and the quality isn't awesome. Still amazing, every single time.

This is the first time I've ever ordered a car, so getting it exactly to spec was a pretty unique experience. I'm not sold on the "stinger" decor on my hood (easily removed), but wanted bright red calipers because I'm a big dumb baby.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Linux Nazi posted:

wanted bright red calipers because I'm a big dumb baby.

You made the right choice.

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.
Our old SG Forester during a recent holiday with the family. I always liked the look of this generation Forester the best, something about the boxiness does it for me. Will probably get replaced with a current gen Outback here soon, but we'll keep the Forester around as long as it keeps running.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

JBark posted:

Our old SG Forester during a recent holiday with the family. I always liked the look of this generation Forester the best, something about the boxiness does it for me.

Boxy?

BOXY

Can't wait until winter hits with full force so I can take some glamour shots.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nice, another Genesis Coupe buddy! What make an model? I see the RSpec wheels but I thought you couldn't get an RSpec with a sunroof? Got a 2014 2.0T RSpec myself.

2013 Ultimate, so basically everything available. Bought it with 13K on the odometer and up to 22K now and I LOVE it :)

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.

Bajaha posted:

Boxy?

BOXY

I don't know what it is, but I always feel like the proportions on the SF just aren't quite right. I think maybe it's the windscreen angle, or the windscreen looks too tall compared to the height of the front end, or the front is too small, or something like that. I can never quite put my finger on it, but my brain always thinks it looks weird.

It's too bad, because I've always thought a Forester GT would be fun to mess around with. I think maybe there's a facelift GT that was around just a year or so before the SG came out? I've never sure, but sometimes I swear I see pictures of GTs that looks more like the SG.

JBark fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 29, 2015

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Bajaha posted:

Boxy?

BOXY

AI PYF, post your Forester

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:rip: Old Forester.

We are forever saddled with your lame-rear end, Tiguan-wannabe successor. :smith:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

JBark posted:

I don't know what it is, but I always feel like the proportions on the SF just aren't quite right. I think maybe it's the windscreen angle, or the windscreen looks too tall compared to the height of the front end, or the front is too small, or something like that. I can never quite put my finger on it, but my brain always thinks it looks weird.

It's too bad, because I've always thought a Forester GT would be fun to mess around with. I think maybe there's a facelift GT that was around just a year or so before the SG came out? I've never sure, but sometimes I swear I see pictures of GTs that looks more like the SG.

It's the low hood vs high roof.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yo gently caress Foresters so hard

The furnace in the back is worth like 3x what the car is.

Just look at that hunk of rusty poo poo

Bet no one else has put a dana 44 rear axle on their Forester though

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Living in Seattle I've grown to hate Foresters with the burning intensity of 10,000 suns. They are ALWAYS the ones tooling along at 60mph in the fast lane blocking traffic or the ones turning right and not going because an old woman just stepped into the crosswalk on the other side of the street so they loving wait 2 minutes for her to cross.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm the one triggering luxury car and upbranded econocar (infiniti, lincoln, acura, etc) owners inferiority complexes so they'll do 85 in the left lane and act as radar cover for me. I don't think there's been a single workday the last month where it didn't see at least 5000rpm in fourth and redline in a few lower gears.

WAIL
Jan 31, 2007

I Dunno

Linux Nazi posted:

These are just so good for the money. A lot of power, RWD (w/ torsen LSD), suspension feels great, and the interior is not-terrible.

You can pick them up used for a song, too.

Yeah. I've been looking for a sports car for a while, and decided on the Genny just because the price was amazing.

My previous vehicle was a 96 s10 Blazer and the Genesis is such a leap forward.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Got my buddy to come over for an mini LS-fest and the light turned out to be pretty good.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MrYenko posted:

Where'd you get the decal, and do they have them in a smaller size?

I got mine from Redbubble.com, but the account I got them from appears to have been suspended:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...CFcTnJgodInUGlg
(posted in case it's ever re-enabled)

NERD:

But there are some others on Redbubble, in several different sizes and colors, not to mention all sorts of other Mad Max/Fury Road-related stickers for your ride/fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
crosspost

WINTER MODE ENGAGE.

TSW Snettertons in 17x7 with 235/45/17 Continental Winterextreme SI. Wheels are surprisingly light. The entire setup feels a good 8-10 pounds lighter per corner. Will be interesting to see how it affects my mileage.

Still amazed by how awesome the car looks even when dirty as hell.