Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Just finished the xxxxxxxl challenge, oof.

Ran into the Scarred Womb, which was a tan/flesh coloured variant of the Womb, reminded me a lot of Doom.

That item that makes shops instantly restock is pretty crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I do have to say, Ultra Greed wasn't as hard as I was expecting.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Welp, this expansion has brought me back to my first days playing Isaac when I knew that walking through strange doors was probably a bad idea.

Just had a so-so run going, beat mom's heart, and ended up dropping into a new floor and fighting Hush. Who wrecked me. And I had brimstone :negative:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

omeg posted:

Nope.

Also, Goat head doesn't seem to guarantee devil deals anymore :negative:

Neither does the Book of Belial :negative:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I think the new super bosses's health must scale with your damage or something. I did a Greed run with Eden and beat the boss in a lot less time than my crazy overpowered ludivico/proptosis/magic mush/guppy run.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Triple and Quad shot stacking is the best change.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

they don't always stop at mom, chill out

So what determines where they stop then? Are they vetted challenge runs or something where the development team is going to vet the daily run every single day going into the future to determine where it should end? Spelunky daily runs, for example, are just random seeds, which is what I assumed these daily runs would be as well.

Oberleutnant posted:

source your quotes

My source is the daily challenge run I did that stopped at Mom's foot when you collected a trophy.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Got a Red Mom on The Guardian challenge :shepicide:

I beat it, but just barely.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Got an item called 9 inch nails or something similar, which made me shoot nails. Pretty cool. I also got a one heart devil deal for breakfast....

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Maybe Ultra Greed's health does scale, hope so. Because otherwise it's gonna be hard to kill. A ton of damage ups on azazel, hive mind + rotten baby, and rubber cement. Which if I was within a certain range of a wall would cause azazel's mini-brimstone to act like the full thing, and bounce across the room several times. So I was dealing a ton of damage and it still took forever to chip down.

Did not realise I was supposed to be hoarding coins for the end. Managed to scavenge a few coins with a couple of bombs and all the shopkeepers. Evil game mechanic.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Does the Chaos item in the shop swap out the item pools? I had that with the restocking shop item and had Guppy items appearing in the shop

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Anybody know what Ventricle Razor does? Is it like a one-time "go up a level" shop item?

Because I just tried using it on Basement 1 and all I see is a blue womb opening to jump down, but I can't actually jump down it.

E: IT'S A GODDAMN PORTAL GUN

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Are there really a ton more synergy between items? Rebirth offered a lot but didn't feel like it was quite enough.

I bought the expansion but I can't play for a couple days.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

The D7 is an insane item that should probably have more than 1 room cd. As is I can farm infinite chests 1 shoting enemies in the same room. On second thought don't change it because it's super good.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Does the Chaos item in the shop swap out the item pools? I had that with the restocking shop item and had Guppy items appearing in the shop

Ahhh, maybe that's why I found a health up in a devil room.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Are there really a ton more synergy between items? Rebirth offered a lot but didn't feel like it was quite enough.

I bought the expansion but I can't play for a couple days.

Yes.

Unfortunately, it seems the knife didn't get the memo :( I got the knife and then subsequently 4-5 tear modifiers and none of them did anything at all.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Koobes posted:

The D7 is an insane item that should probably have more than 1 room cd. As is I can farm infinite chests 1 shoting enemies in the same room. On second thought don't change it because it's super good.

What's the D7 actually do? I got it as Isaac and wasn't going to give up my D6.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

3 MB patch just now, and it fixed the import bug! :pcgaming:

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

So, anyone know what pay to win does? I've seen it a couple times, but no idea what it does.

It gives a chance to increase your luck whenever you grab a penny it seems, also I think the chance is based on your luck as well

Also for the guy asking about new synergies: Caffeine pill + laser eye for a jittery as hell laser. Also having a laser + brimstone adds crackling energy around brimstone's beam

edit: It seems Missing No. crashes the game when you pick it up, pretty fitting (it might have to do with me finding greed combo's that let me buy everything from the shop)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alabaster White posted:

Do you need to re-import and overwrite any new progress you've made? :smith:

Pumpkinreaper posted:

It gives a chance to increase your luck whenever you grab a penny it seems, also I think the chance is based on your luck as well

Those are lucky pennies that you unlocked by doing greed mode. The item lets you pay money to enter doors instead of keys, much like the Arcade.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 31, 2015

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Theres a new Hourglass item that does basically the rewind time effect from Prince of Persia.

So if you gently caress up a room badly or ended up with a bad roll on a locked treasure chest, you can use the hourglass to go back the previous room with all your hearts and pickups intact from before you entered.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Super magnet was attracting the Uber Greed doors into the middle of the room. This was the first time I faced him, so I thought it was part of the fight.

Also, picked up a Scalpel in the shop that makes portals, blue and orange. No charge, and you can make them in the same room or different ones.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 31, 2015

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Does anyone else find Lilith a whole lot harder than most other characters? I'm not sure if it's her low (permanent) starting health or her weird method of firing, but something about her makes me die a lot more than I would with anyone else.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Goddamn, it feels like playing for the first time again, plus the new music is great. Especially loving the burning basement track. Decided to start fresh, so it'll be a while until I hear some of the later tracks though.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Purple Prince posted:

Does anyone else find Lilith a whole lot harder than most other characters? I'm not sure if it's her low (permanent) starting health or her weird method of firing, but something about her makes me die a lot more than I would with anyone else.

It's a brand new character with unusual mechanics in an expansion pack full of new enemies and challenges that's been out for about 6 hours; give it some time you drat nerd.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
There's unlocks for beating ultra greed with lost, yay

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Got a boss rush opening in Utero after beating "It Lives" walking into it just crashes my game. I wonder if this room is intended and shouldn't crash the game, or my game is just flipping out :iiam:

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Purple Prince posted:

Lilith seems pretty cool. The slight offset from having a follower as her main source of damage takes some getting used to, but her starting spacebar item in combination with it seems like it can be really strong, especially if you get a train going. Doesn't seem much weaker than other characters to me.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Beat Greed mode with Azazel(Guppy mode + Quad Shot + Infestation 2 meant I basically skipped the last 2 floors), Ultra Greed is a great boss. Only new item I got was a Pill Mimic spacebar item, which I guess is like the blank card but I didn't get a pill to try it out on.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Zeron posted:

Beat Greed mode with Azazel(Guppy mode + Quad Shot + Infestation 2 meant I basically skipped the last 2 floors), Ultra Greed is a great boss. Only new item I got was a Pill Mimic spacebar item, which I guess is like the blank card but I didn't get a pill to try it out on.

Agreed, Ultra Greed is a pretty awesome boss with well thought out mechanics.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jusupov posted:

There's unlocks for beating ultra greed with lost, yay

Cool. All they have to do is fix him (The Lost or Ultra Greed, take your pick) to make it not just shy of literally impossible. I'm sure that'll happen.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
"The Guardian" is a terrible challenge holy poo poo. I am glad I got a lucky run with it the 5th time and never have to suffer through that again.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Beat Hush on Hard, and bizarrely the game kept going through the last two areas as usual.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Beat Hush on Hard, and bizarrely the game kept going through the last two areas as usual.

I had to cheese that drat boss by hoping it became slow with the broken stop watch and several uses of the new hourglass with 48 hour energys :(

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

ChibiSoma posted:

Cool. All they have to do is fix him (The Lost or Ultra Greed, take your pick) to make it not just shy of literally impossible. I'm sure that'll happen.

I killed him recently with one heart left. Just hang way back whenever he starts spinning around the room, kill the coins he summons so you don't get swarmed/have him heal a ton (the heart coins disappear very quickly, so he will heal a little bit regardless). The safest time to unload is when he's standing in place stomping the ground.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alabaster White posted:

Asking this again, do you have to re-import for it to be fixed, and does that mean losing progress (achievements, items) you've gotten in Afterbirth so far?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Your Computer posted:

Asking this again, do you have to re-import for it to be fixed, and does that mean losing progress (achievements, items) you've gotten in Afterbirth so far?

Yes and yes.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
I got a d20 early on in my first Azazel greed mode, then later on got a Tammy's Head and a Habit, which was useful for cheesing out Ultra Greed. The last 1/3 of his health bar was basically me just facetanking him and popping Tammy's every time I got hit.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

Yes and yes.

God loving dammit. Now I have to re-do the xxxxxxl challenge. :smithicide:

Did they not test importing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Is there a way to turn off the stupid generic american voiceover for the pills/tarot cards?

(Viz: which files shall I replace with 0 byte ones)